Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/345912/20120528/allison-baden-clay-murder-suspect-husband.htm
"The Sun also reported that police have recently talked to a woman who owns a Holden Captiva, the same vehicle that Mr Baden-Clay drives. Apparently, police wanted to find out if the woman had pulled over near the site where Allison's body was found." MB

Geez, how confronting would that be for an innocent captiva driver?? Especially being asked "where were you and your captiva that night and did you go to Kholo Bridge?".

Perhaps GBC was virtually living at the senior BC home and so sleepovers were just shared custody with dad?

I have thought this for a while - and it makes sense. If the custody nights were Thursday Friday and Saturday, then those are the busy days for RE agents, preparations, open houses, calls to view properties, call to interview prospective clients, so if the girls were with the senior BC's, GBC could see them, but he also had the backup of on-site baby sitters. Similarly scenario gave Allison one day with the girls on the weekend as well.

"Mornings" show (channel 9) interviewed a journo from Woman's Weekly mag, who outlined basically what we know already and said that police have a suspect or suspects in mind, but they will take their time to complete their investigation. She said it's obvious police are playing a "cat & mouse" type game and releasing very few details to the media. She also implied police are "watching" certain people.

EDIT: She also said the girls are living with their father.

Yes, the police must STILL have a suspect or suspects in mind, or they would now be warning the community about an unknown and random killer at large.

It's too far and no sane person would do so at night on that road, let alone in the day. In some parts it has no verge at all and is very thin. Very dangerous.

"Meanwhile, questions remain over the timing of Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance.

It is alleged her husband, Gerard Baden-Clay, initially said she went for a walk the night of April 19, but then said it was the morning of April 20.

Neither his lawyer Darren Mahony nor police yesterday would clarify which was correct."
[/I
]From this morning's courier maill..

Now doesn't this say everything - why would they not want to clarify which is correct if it helps to track down the perpertrator?

They have never co-operated with the police. GBC grew a beard (to hide scratches? seems obvious!.

MOO
:banghead:

Although I do think the beard is just to disguise his appearance...so he's not recognised as easily as he was previously. Possibly the lawyer suggested it.

His lawyer does have a fixation with Ned Kelly :floorlaugh:

One thing has been troubling me for some time is GBC's explanation of when he last saw his wife. Allison was a trained ballet dancer. Does anyone else feel that it seems incongruous that she would also be a fan of the Footy show?

Yes, the police must STILL have a suspect or suspects in mind, or they would now be warning the community about an unknown and random killer at large.

Of course they must still have suspect/s in mind as how else would ABC have ended up tragically where she did especially when both cars were at the house in the morning...as another poster pointed out it would have taken at least 4 hours to walk there...

I don't know about Allison but i watch the footy show everytime it's on and i'm not much of a sport fan but i do love football/ state of origin. My partner has his own tv and whatever channel it's on when he switches it on is where he leaves it. So when he turns the tv on he just watches whatever is on at the time

Maybe GBC is covering a lesser lie? Like the last time he saw her. Instead of it being at 10pm to go to bed, it was a bit earlier when he went to bed at his parents house.

Maybe GBC stayed at his parents that night and the girls were at home, maybe GBC went around there in the morning to get the girls ready for school and found ABC gone and that is why he called the police straight away and why the police were immediately interested because he found the kids at home alone. The police have always said it was someone she knew...no broken down doors etc would indicate she let someone she knew in to the house.

Neither his lawyer Darren Mahony nor police yesterday would clarify which was correct

The way i read that is that the lawyer/police know which one is correct but not the media

Hi all. I've been reading here from the beginning - spending MUCH TOO MUCH time with all of you to the detriment of the housework, garden etc! (I imagine us like a big classroom...I've been sitting anonymously in the middle with my head down....Kimster is the class teacher attempting to keep order but despite her stern words, she loves her class dearly and has many a quiet chuckle to herself - I imagine her a bit boho with pink and purple highlights in her hair!...the studious Hawkins sits toward the front with a large pair of nerdy glasses, over which he peers disapprovingly from time to time as Willough in the back row with the chatty girls acts up - but everyone loves her to bits although she's naughty!....Greg is the class wit, handsome but unattainable and all the girls are secretly in love with him - I myself fantasize about him and although I'm quiet I've had to stick my head under the desk and smother my laughter at his witticisms......but enough! My point is that despite the anonymity of cyberspace, you do feel an attachment to and something like kinship with people on a forum such as this, all of us so very different but alike in also feeling an attachment to poor Allison and being transfixed by this horrible happening, desperately wanting to get some closure....god knows how the Dickies etc. are faring when WE are all so frustrated.

Just a few thoughts of mine: Through all the different scenarios and comments, there are two that do not leave me....probably because I give the authors of these a great deal of credence. Hawkins, because he obviously knows his stuff and I suspect is 'in the know' somehow (IMOO), and that politician fellow from Ipswich, who I don't think would be publishing certain comments unless he had some sort of 'inside' knowledge.

Both these two have suggested here and there that when all is revealed, it is going to be particularly nasty and confronting, for jurors especially. Initially I thought that this could be referring to the post mortem, because this alone will be very disturbing. Would the jurors have to view pictures of poor Allison as she was found, to demonstrate what might or might not be visible on the body? I would find this extraordinarily difficult to deal with in view of what decomposition would have occurred (and I 'handle' death regularly in my line of work), as if the horror of her being murdered wasn't enough. And if there was any mutilation of the body, this would make it doubly traumatic to jurors. Can anyone advise whether jurors have to view such pictures? I would imagine so.

When thinking of the words 'nasty and confronting' (used by the politician I think) and now suggestions of bathwater being present in the lungs, I have been imagining another scenario. Allison has returned from the hairdresser and has run a relaxing bath - a luxury she can enjoy while the girls aren't home. The perp has then drowned her, and as she is already naked, it's just a matter of putting her into her walking clothes, and formulating the 'gone for a walk' story. Awaiting the toxicology results could reveal whether she was drugged first....if drowning WAS the COD, it might be nicer to think she was oblivious, however it doesn't seem that could be the case in view of the toxicology results. I'm recalling too the chemist staff being questioned (but maybe GBD was just buying Betadine for the scratches he already had).

Just a few thoughts! I've had many a thought I've wanted to share, only to have them already expressed by the time I 'caught up' with all the posts....I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Haven't yet learned how to 'link' but the comments by Hawkins and Paul the Pollie are back there somewhere! And my thoughts, of course, are IMOO!:moo:

Maybe GBC is covering a lesser lie? Like the last time he saw her. Instead of it being at 10pm to go to bed, it was a bit earlier when he went to bed at his parents house.

Maybe GBC stayed at his parents that night and the girls were at home, maybe GBC went around there in the morning to get the girls ready for school and found ABC gone and that is why he called the police straight away and why the police were immediately interested because he found the kids at home alone. The police have always said it was someone she knew...no broken down doors etc would indicate she let someone she knew in to the house.

If that had happened aussie_mum, that he had gone round and found her missing from the house, why on earth would he tell police she had gone for a walk?? And tell her parents that also??

Of course all the info we have on when she was last seen or what she was doing is sooo contradictory, it's hard to know what the truth is about that. Very frustrating.

Did he say she went for a walk the Thursday night, the Friday morning, or that he last saw her watching the footy show Thursday night?? Seems he's said all 3 of these things, no wonder we're so confused!!

"It is alleged her husband, Gerard Baden-Clay, initially said she went for a walk the night of April 19, but then said it was the morning of April 20."

http://www.news.com.au/national/baden-clay-toxicology-results-released/story-e6frfkvr-1226375795200?from=public_rss

Personally I don't believe she went for a walk at all. Apparently she did regularly walk in the mornings, but why would you call police if someone was only an hour or so delayed in coming home from said walk?

All IMO

Neither his lawyer Darren Mahony nor police yesterday would clarify which was correct

The way i read that is that the lawyer/police know which one is correct but not the media

I guess they wouldn't clarify either story is correct if they know both options are bollocks :)

MOO

I just want to point out there is not much we really know...we don't know what he told police. We don't know the context of the 'she just went for a walk' comment to his parents. People use different language to describe things and then others use their context to describe those things. Perhaps ABC didn't want her parents to know her marriage was in trouble, so GBC just said that initially to the Dickies because it was what him and ABC had done many other times.

I think one of the very early reports is quite interesting...

Police search under way for missing mother-of-three at Brookfield

April 21, 2012 6:31PM

Police regional crime co-ordinator metro north Mark Ainsworth told the Sunday Mail that Mrs Baden-Clay was, at this stage, considered a missing person.

But the home of the Baden-Clay's at 593 Brookfield Road, Brookfield, has been locked down as a crime scene by Police.

"We have the house locked down as a crime scene and we are doing a full examination of the area and there is a crime scene warrant," he said.

More than thirty SES personnel have joined police in scouring the two acre Brookfield property inch by inch.

Police have established a forward command post at the local showgrounds.

"Obviously we are a little bit concerned," Mr Ainsworth said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ee-at-brookfield/story-e6freon6-1226334962242

Crime scene warrant....in my opinion means that there was definitely suggestion of foul play...otherwise police would just not bother pulling up a crime scene warrant....especially if it were just a missing person case.

Lots of info in this link relating to crime scenes/crime scene warrants...

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/current/P/PolicePowResA00.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member