Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't everyone who has super have a life insurance component? I thought it was compulsory but I am no expert on superannuation.

I thought you meant, individual life policies. Most people do have a life component with their superannuation....But, usually there are many technicalities to the ones attached to super policies. I remember one of hubbys only being active, if his death occurred in the workplace, not for any ole accident that happened anywhere etc....Or if he had a heart attack.

If ones life policy is attached to their works super, i'd be seriously inclined to check what it includes. Hubby has that and it does include all and sundry (thank god), with VicPol. We have individual policies too.......and I think most couple mock at some stage about how "one seems worth more dead, than alive"....lol

Doesn't everyone who has super have a life insurance component? I thought it was compulsory but I am no expert on superannuation.

I'm pretty sure mine does.

Almost everyone has life insurance and lots of people increase it when they get married, go on holdiay overseas etc. Can be part of the circumstantial mix re motive but in the absence of other very strong evidence it's not that useful. Looks sus of course, but looking sus is a long way from beyond reasonable doubt. And a life insurance policy is not evidence of any intention other than to insure somebody's life. The evidence about his rate of ascent was patchy and mishandled by the detectives if you read some of the material which is readily available online. The evidence in relation to his dive computer in particular was poorly handled. No expert proved that Watson lied about anything. There was no evidence that she could only have sunk to the bottom if she was dead, but she was probably unconscious. Either way she wasn't conscious to inflate her BCD. In the court of public opinion and maybe common sense it probably looks very much like he gave her a bear hug, turned off her air, wiated for her to pass out, let her sink then left for the surface. That's what I believe probably happened. But what looks like common sense and what you and I believe isn't admissible in court. IMO. MOO.

Hmm, I followed this case like a Hawk, Hawkins, lol. I don't remember seeing any information regarding the diver computer being mishandled, or the expert divers who were on the scene being proved wrong. My understanding is motive, opportunity, and evidence and I remember that case having all three. As well as the behavior of the defendant after the wife's death. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly. One thing we must not condone GBC for though is going back to work so soon. I put my husband in his position and to keep normality and an income coming in, it's exactly what my husband would do if anything happened to me. My husband said that sitting around would only upset him more.

Just thought I'd add that as many posters are stating what a heartless reaction it is. Could be more than that, I don't know, people are different MOO & my partners.

Not unusual for only one married partner to be insured. My partner is, but I'm not.

Maybe everyone you know in your circles of Margarita's on the bay (not meant as a criticism) have it. Alot of people cant even afford medical insurance, let alone life insurance or T&PD Insurance.

I know every adult in my family have it...But I know many who dont.

I don't think life insurance is just for the big end of town and typically there is no socio divide on this issue. Millions of Australians on modest incomes have it and in fact prioritise it over medical insurance given we have a public health care system (no matter how bad it may be).

In fact a large majority of middle Australia see it as an important protection mechanism in that it protects their loved ones financially in the event that it is needed. Precisely why middle Australia are probably the biggest buyers of it in fact. Because they stand to be effected even more so if something happens to the bread winner. you would be suprised at how cheap polices can be in fact

Hmm, I followed this case like a Hawk, Hawkins, lol. I don't remember seeing any information regarding the diver computer being mishandled, or the expert divers who were on the scene being proved wrong. My understanding is motive, opportunity, and evidence and I remember that case having all three. As well as the behavior of the defendant after the wife's death. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly. One thing we must not condone GBC for though is going back to work so soon. I put my husband in his position and to keep normality and an income coming in, it's exactly what my husband would do if anything happened to me. My husband said that sitting around would only upset him more.

Just thought I'd add that as many posters are stating what a heartless reaction it is. Could be more than that, I don't know, people are different MOO & my partners.

Do you mean "condemn"?

"We" "must not"?

Personally, I think going back to work in the first couple of weeks is a bit much - I feel someone who is distraught and grieving at this early stage wouldnt be able to concentrate on work, even if they wanted to.

Since then, I feel like he pretty much had to - the business was failing and he had lost a lot of staff, and there would have been so much work to do organising the financials, final pays, and then the move to smaller premises. Even though they lost a lot of business, he would have been kept busy IMO. And basically he needs to have some sort of an income and try to salvage whatever he could of the business.

Not unusual for only one married partner to be insured. My partner is, but I'm not.

When I had children, I got myself insured. The cost of child care, a cleaner for hubby etc etc, made us think it was necessary...and we have kept it since.

Thats really interesting....Im sorry if it seemed i was putting it down...I didnt understand it and initially thought it ridiculous, but you are so right....Anything that gets people out and about is good. The only worrying aspect is that something the police sources are used, when they are items confused as being bombs. Other than that, sounds rather excellent. Almost like a nice marriage of technology and as I mentioned earlier, orienteering.

No worries Willough...I myself was confused by it when I was first introduced ...took me awhile to wrap my head around it and now my whole family are addicts...lol.
Last holidays we hired a motor home and hunted for caches all along the NSW coastline...and got to visit some amazing places.
Yes...it's a modern day form of orienteering.

Back on topic...
There is actually a cache right opposite the BC home...which in the early days made my fellow geocachers and I discuss the possibility that GBC 'might' own that cache...or is into geocaching due to being linked with the Scouts...but we doubt that now since ABC was found near a cache.
It just means that she would've been found eventually by someone hunting for the cache :what:

I didn't have a dry wedding, alcohol was provided, but I'm not a drinker and my friends and family aren't big drinkers. No one got drunk or even tipsy that I could tell. Might have been out of respect for us...I don't know.

We did have people that danced most the night, but no one that had moves like GBC in those C21 photos...I'm sorry, I can't stop thinking, he looks as pissed as a parrot to me...lol. The hoe down move with his thumbs stuck in the front of his pants, lol....just gets to me.

Wow...you guys have been busy! trying to catch up today.
I probably have photos of me and my non-drinking ex looking just like GBC - you only have to put on Achy Breaky Heart and I go straight into "boot scootin'" mode!

Most conferences play the songs that will get people up and moving...and they are often the corny ones and everyone knows the "moves". Think Macarena!

Personally, I think going back to work in the first couple of weeks is a bit much - I feel someone who is distraught and grieving at this early stage wouldnt be able to concentrate on work, even if they wanted to.

One of my very close friends, went back to work a week and a half after her son died (he was 12 and it was tragic). Her home was reliant on her wage and she hadnt accummulated enough leave......She had just headed back to work a month earlier, after years out of the workforce...and it took her a long time to get this job......People may die, but bills dont stop....a sad reality of life.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/12yearold-boy-dies-in-bmx-bike-crash-20080718-3h3h.html

You are right though....It would be so hard to function in any normal manner.

Do you mean "condemn"?

"We" "must not"?

Since then, I feel like he pretty much had to - the business was failing and he had lost a lot of staff, and there would have been so much work to do organising the financials, final pays, and then the move to smaller premises. Even though they lost a lot of business, he would have been kept busy IMO. And basically he needs to have some sort of an income and try to salvage whatever he could of the business.

"We". Doesn't necessarily include YOU. Read whatever you want to into it.

And the rest of your post IS your opinion, and you are entitled to it, just like I'm entitled to mine. As I said, people act differently and that's what my partner would do. Whether it's to salvage what he could of the business, it's still WORK and something he needs to do. If you don't like my posts, ignore me.... I don't mind at all :). Personal attacks are against the rules, better you ignore than get banned.

I am hoping that Allison was actually dead before being dumped (wherever that may have been).

The crime would be even more horrific if she had been left to die alone in some desolate, dark place ...

May she rest in peace+

And yes...I meant condemn. It's after 10pm I'm tired, and if I knew the grammar police were here, I would have brought my Thesaurus.

Shhhhhhhh...Relax.......Breath........or else I will get out my rolling pin.....lol
023.gif

Hugs

Hi I'm new. Been reading since day1. Every single thread.I hope what I say now will not cause too much trouble. This is what I think happened to lovely Allison that night.
Hairdressers.
Dinner and argument ( money business his-lover etc)
Home again and arguing again. DV is getting out of control. Marriage is over.she's caught him lying again. iPhone app "find my phone " , maybe?
Allison starts packing his things. He is putting them back again and he refuses to leave.
The footy show is on and she turns it off and tells him to get out. ( other words are exchanged,and they both know this time it's over) He says no, I'm not going out its too late. Im going to bed in spare room. Children are at sleepover at Gbcs parents house.
He sees her sitting on couch crying when he leaves the room. (he hated that she turned off the footy show)
Allison decides to go to bed too but later.
Meanwhile , in spare room , He rings the lover? and tells her its really bad here , his marriage is over and she knows about the affair and his lying to her. Lover says she is celebrating her new job home alone . They decide to comfort eachother. Gbc sneeks out later , thinking Allison is asleep , to meet lover at empty brookfield house (his listed and empty 4 sale property and he has keys ) and owner living in sydney maybe? Latest news Sydney ?
Allison cant sleep and hears his car leaving and she follows him just knowing he's off to see the lover. ( Uses the find my iphone app maybe - if they share itune credits) She turns her lights off where there is no traffic - so he doesn't spot that she is following him. Or turns her headlights off when she finds him. She waits and watches and confronts them. (screams heard at brookfield) She screams as she is confronting them and gbc covers her mouth to get her to stop and pushes her back into her car and closes the door.
He drives off and she follows them. She ends up following them but is so so shaken and upset she doesnt notice her lights are still off. She follows them around Brookfield , up to kenmore roundabout , back down brookfield road, up to anstead expecting he will stop soon and face her again with his affair. She is so upset that this affair is happening. he doesn't stop he just drives slowly and so this continues for a while.
Remembering that
2 cars were sighted that night at Anstead and at or near the Kolo creek Bridge. Strange sighting at roundabout could be car with no lights on following another car.
We know a white 4wd , lights off, was following a smaller bluish 4wd. (I'm guessing it's actually silver)
When I first heard this , and knowing other information about lover and DV, my first thought was that Allison was driving her prado ( its her car) following / tailing her husband ( in his car) because she caught him with his lover in his car, after their argument that night.
( the ding seen on the left pasenger bumper sighted by possumheart on sat is what has strengthened my first impression)
Allison probably hit the rail on the bridge, following too closely, and then she has got out to check it. Gbc has stopped and also got out. Gbc is Very very angry!!! Narcisstic rage!
Girlfriend probably stays in his car.
DV continues at or near the bridge and he strangles her, pushing her down the embankment and she fights him with everything shes got to get him off her. She sadly dies there. (no evidence because of later rain) He leaves her there under the bridge. This maybe happened in just under 5 mins. No cars drive past - so knowone knows but them. No witnesses to actual murder.
He gets back in his car and since Allison left her keys and phone in her car, the girlfriend drives Allison's car back to the house. Girlfriend leaves no DNA. Police find no DNA in Allison's car.
Police then return the Prado (Allison's) but keep Gbcs car because they find his blood in it from that night and another woman's DNA.(Only the ding in the prado needs explaining.)
Gbc drives his car and lover back to her black? car that was left at listed house. ( black car that was seen outside empty house thats for sale at brookfield ?) They cleanup gbc and she puts makeup on his scars or tells him to use makeup on his scars. he goes home and lover drives through kenmore roundabout to go home. (late sighting)
He then erases the evening and is convinced noone saw them. He maintains his story that he last saw her around 10pm when he went to bed, and she was sitting watching the footy show. (His statement has a cunning little twist there , he will make her watch it in his story) ( this is narcissist psychotic rage and lies )
If his parents are involved ,I think it would be implicated rather than involved.
Father maybe asked to help tidy up house after last nights fight or maybe father was just frantically out looking for Allison ,after gbc phoned him and told him she was missing later that night.
I have used all the clues i have read here and drawn on what I know about Narcissism, Money, Power , and DV all mixed together .
This is an evil combination and sadly Allison didn't see it for what it was and it was too late. If it doesn't erase you , kill you, when you realise you need to get yourself and your children out, it will forever stalk you.
Gbc rang his solicitor because that is what narcissists do. It's only about him, his false persona that he has created and will fight to the bitter end. He is the master of false appearances and he will have no trouble lying and deceiving to get what he wants- to have everyone believe he is innocent!!! Oh and this will be his excuse for his money and business failings too.
Rest in peace Allison .

I am hoping that Allison was actually dead before being dumped (wherever that may have been).

The crime would be even more horrific if she had been left to die alone in some desolate, dark place ...

May she rest in peace+

According to this report, Allison was deceased before her body was dumped.

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/04/happy-and-successful-a-portrait-of-allison/

Police now know the 43-year-old former beauty queen and business woman was murdered before her body was dumped in a creek north-east of Ipswich.

No worries Willough...I myself was confused by it when I was first introduced ...took me awhile to wrap my head around it and now my whole family are addicts...lol.
Last holidays we hired a motor home and hunted for caches all along the NSW coastline...and got to visit some amazing places.

Back on topic...
There is actually a cache right opposite the BC home...which in the early days made my fellow geocachers and I discuss the possibility that GBC 'might' own that cache...or is into geocaching due to being linked with the Scouts...but we doubt that now since ABC was found near a cache.
It just means that she would've been found eventually by someone hunting for the cache :what:

Ummmmm.....Actually, I think this is something the police should know about (if they dont already). If there is one out the front of his place and one where Allison was found, it could mean he is more familiar with the environment, than we think.

Back on topic...
You just said a whole lot in that last statement! What if GBC was into geocaching and DID want the body to be found, but not for a few weeks, till evidence had decomposed.
Sounds far fetched, but keep going back to the ole life insurance policy.:banghead:

ANY finding????

Yes, any finding. Because there is not much one can find in family cars of the victim if not a murder weapon or the soil samples matching with the soil of the crime scene. Either of those findings would be conclusive enough to make an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214