Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this link about geocaching on the Century 21 parent site from Feb this year

http://century-21-real-estate.com/20...pes-of-caches/

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but that doesn't look like its really the Century 21 parent website. Rather someone squatting on a domain name they think has value and populating it with AstroTurf style articles like that one linked to. If you do a Whois on the domain name you'll see it doesn't look to be affiliated with Century 21.

That is great news. Alot of people think DV is just about hitting etc... there is sooo much more to it.

Yes, and the term is being changed to recognise the effect it has on children who normally have to witness all of this and live with it, causing severe psychological damage to them also.

That is great news. Alot of people think DV is just about hitting etc... there is sooo much more to it.

Most domestic violence starts with emotional violence and progresses from there to physical violence.

The scars of physical violence might be able to be seen and can heal but the scars of emotional violence run deep and aren't always noticeable to those outside the relationship. MOO

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but that doesn't look like its really the Century 21 parent website. Rather someone squatting on a domain name they think has value and populating it with AstroTurf style articles like that one linked to. If you do a Whois on the domain name you'll see it doesn't look to be affiliated with Century 21.

At the bottom of the page it reads "© 2012 Century 21 Real Estate"??

Thanks for all the photos etc. you've posted, dork_whisperer - excellent work!

One clarification: the photo of the high-tide water level shows a date of 2011, but you've described it as 2012. Which one is the typo?

DANG! Thank you for pointing out my error! I'll have to check the tide level on that day/year and report back....my assumption is it will be a very similar level...

Stay tuned and thanks for the kudos on the pics. DANG AGAIN!

Being a newbie I have to ask what Moo the cow represents please . I feel out of the loop :)

Most domestic violence starts with emotional violence and progresses from there to physical violence.

The scars of physical violence might be able to be seen and can heal but the scars of emotional violence run deep and aren't always noticeable to those outside the relationship. MOO

100% agree. IMO The emotional side of it is the hardest to get over. The physical is bad enough, but the emotional is always present. That's the one that wears you down low.

This reads like an advertorial. Who do you have to schmooze (or whatever else) to get this sort of publicity masquerading as "news"?

I have been following the tragic disappearance and death of Allison since day one. I have observed from another poster that when people brag, it is about something they lack. Would love to add the link but I lack google skills. GBC says he is honest... Why:banghead:

:moo:

I thought the reference to her being depressed came before it was a known homicide investigation rather than a missing person? I didn't notice a constant reference to depression.

I felt that it was definitely inferred during those early days of the disappearance ... why else would someone wander off during the night?

Interesting article early in the case, contains initial info that was released.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767

I have posted it as it also appears to be have references that indicate that Allison "suffered from depression" and the statement that the family was questioning why she would "voluntarily walk away from the world she had created".

Inspector Mark Laing also said "his team was still positive about finding her alive". With all of these statements, I certainly got the initial impression that someone was implying she'd left the house voluntarily.

I am not saying that I agree Allison had depression, nor I am I saying that it played any role in her death. But in the early days of her disappearance, it certainly seemed to be implied by someone to have been a factor.

As a further note to this, suffering depression is not something to be ashamed of. Many people, from many different walks of life suffer depression; so I'm not sure why there is so much incredulity that the matter would be discussed here; especially when it was referred to in MSM.

On my hobby horse again -

I believe that "depression" was put forward as a "non-homicidal" explanation / diversion by those with a vested interested in it not appearing to be a homicide.

This particularly irks me because IMO:

It is patently untrue

It makes Allison the cause of her own downfall - Even more a villian than a victim - She couldn't hack it and deliberately deserted her own children!!

Even though people like to think they are cool about mental illness, many are not & this includes lots of "social justice" wankers (SJWs) (see, I'm getting upset)

For many people in the community (including SJWs) once they become aware that a person has a diagnosis of mental illness, that information is abused, and everything that person does can be demeaned, pathologised etc etc as required.

It is totally inappropriate for "loved ones" to take information that Allison has told them in confidence and share it with the national press - particularly because it now appears irrelevent to the case - even part of a deliberate smokescreen. Even if it were true, it wouldn't have made any difference to the search or outcome.

Based on standard mental health risk assessment of suicidality, Allison, around the time of her death, would have scored very high on the factors that protect (reduce the likelihood) of a person committing suicide. IMO the only real risk factor was GBC's treatment of her and their marriage. Her most powerful "protective factor" was her love for her girls.

Phew - that feels better!

I'll probably be sent to time out again because I used the W word.

My interpretation is different. Looking at the PDF application form on the link below it would appear that it can be done easily for a fee. Application done in person with appropriate ID. I have personalised plates myself as do my children and did not require a roadworthy for any as they were all registered vehicles with no change of ownership (of the vehicle) involved.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Number-plates/Personalised-plates.aspx

I have done it and it was simply a form put in at dept trans.

That's interesting. Since I've never , ever seen the man in person... by 'weak old man' do you think he would possibly be too weak to help dispose of a body? I'm only asking because in the pics he always looks very strong.

He looked a bit hunched over, walking slowly, looked like someone just recently released from hospital, or depressed and disoriented, IMO. Reminded me of what i think i probably looked like when i was told someone close had died, and tried to function. However I have seen them both maybe 10 days ago, he was moving faster then, looked less beaten down. Certainly in the most recent state I couldn't picture anyone calling on him for physical assistance.

I have been following the tragic disappearance and death of Allison since day one. I have observed from another poster that when people brag, it is about something they lack. Would love to add the link but I lack google skills. GBC says he is honest... Why:banghead:

Many threads ago I posted a saying that a spanish speaking South American friend tought me. in English it is: "Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack"

I often think of this saying when I hear people brag.

Freud also had a name for it: Reaction Formation

Wiki - In psychoanalytic theory, reaction formation is a defensive process (defense mechanism) in which anxiety-producing or unacceptable emotions and impulses are mastered by exaggeration (hypertrophy) of the directly opposing tendency.[

You often see this in devoutly religious politicians who preach family values yet have some pretty unchristian and often illegal sexual habits. Keith Wright was a QLD politician and lay preacher. I think that he is still serving a lengthy gaol sentence for child sex offenses.

I'm keen to hear peoples theories as to what could be on that phone that made it so important to dispose of?

In my opinion, the police would be interested in Allison's iphone to check if she managed to take any last photos of where she was, who with, etc.. May be audio recording as well. But not who she called, because that information should be available to them from the mobile service provider.

Inappropriate too, because there are different levels of depression, those who have not experienced severe clinical depression think that being blue for a few days is severe because it's bad to them, but someone with severe clinical depression, just being a bit blue would be a good few days. It's different for everyone and no one knows how Allison was feeling, so they have no right to drag depression into this. Also, it's her privacy. Just so wrong.

Thought I'd get out in the fresh air while nothing new was in the press :)

FWIW I did see Nigelaine out at the local shops this past weekend. They were sitting at a coffee shop then walking a dog. He did not look at all like a proud 'Bwana' to me, more like a weak old man with jeans that were too big for him, in cheap running shoes and walking fairly slowly and definitely showing some age. They were both walking some distance apart and didn't seem to be exchanging many pleasantries. He did not strike me as the strong type portrayed in his old bio, presumably his aura has changed a bit since this event happened, or maybe the 'Bwana' was always in his head and in print. They're most likely changed people from all the recent events - let's hope they are relieved when their daughter in law's killer/s is/are finally dragged into a dark cell where they belong.

I can imagine that scene. Regardless of their level of involvement, this has to have been incredibly draining at a stage of life when things should be a little bit easier.

On my hobby horse again -

I believe that "depression" was put forward as a "non-homicidal" explanation / diversion by those with a vested interested in it not appearing to be a homicide.

I agree with your post 100%. I hope people realise that I only raised the subject to point out that "someone" appears to have implied that "depression" may have played a role in Allison leaving the house that night. I am by no means suggesting that is true.

It just makes me wonder what else they may have done/said in support of their "story" to imply this was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member