Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reopening it. However, it is still under review.

You guys KNOW to address the content of the post and not the poster. Personal attacks on fellow members will not be tolerated. Knock it off now.

Steerthis thread back on topic at once.

It's always struck me as a little strange that 2 cars were taken out to Kholo Creek that night. Why was there a need for 2? Surely, Allison's body, GBC and maybe an accomplice would fit into 1 car? I'm wondering if the initial plan was to leave the Prado (her car) out there, so that it looked like she drove out and committed suicide. Then GBC and maybe accomplice could drive home in the second car. However, along the way, GBC and/or accomplice changed their minds, and decided that they had to bring the Prado home again - for whatever reason. JMO.

An excellent theory. I know that the only time I've ever travelled somewhere with someone and we've driven TWO cars is when one of the cars is being dropped off at the destination (e.g. being loaned to someone, or being serviced). Maybe GBC's original story was going to be "she drove off at 10pm and I haven't seen her since"...but perhaps he changed his mind when considering the fact that police would check CCTV footage, or that the neighbors might not recall hearing a car leave at the time stated?

By the way, in relation to Insp. Ainsworth reportedly declaring that GBC is not currently a "person of interest"...that could very well be because they (the police) do no longer believe that he has anything "interesting" to tell them. I.E. he's just going to continue to stick to his bizarre little story, and that's that. If they press him any harder (and I don't believe they need to at this stage) he'll just go and have another minor car accident that requires him to spend several more days in hospital eating ice cream.

Being pedantic here, sorry. The Qld Police website says they have a duty to in DV callouts "This ensures that

any people remaining at the property are safe

from any further harm and violence."

IMOO The police, if they were called to the home, saw that Allison wasn't at home. GBC could have shown proof that her car wasn't at home. Explaining that married couples just need time to cool off. Perhaps this may have put the focus on the family cars asap.

Catching up here..looks like I missed some ripper posts..;)

I would think the police are called to a domestic disturbance involving a couple, that they would try to ensure the 'absent' party was indeed safe. Be it contact via mobile, hanging around to see, calling back past later or some form of follow up. If they are concerned for the welfare of one party.. JMO

ANd for the record, lol, my dog barks at more than just strangers! I'm afraid she is a yapper..but often you can tell the difference between barks, if that makes sense. SOmetimes her barks do make me really go take a look, because its more than just yapping for the sake of it. I had another dog, who rarely barked without good reason, even the neighbours would go check things out if they heard her bark because they knew somebody was about or something was not right.

:twocents:

An excellent theory. I know that the only time I've ever travelled somewhere with someone and we've driven TWO cars is when one of the cars is being dropped off at the destination (e.g. being loaned to someone, or being serviced). Maybe GBC's original story was going to be "she drove off at 10pm and I haven't seen her since"...but perhaps he changed his mind when considering the fact that police would check CCTV footage, or that the neighbors might not recall hearing a car leave at the time stated?

I said something similar a fair way back..perhaps original intentions were to leave the car out at kholo creek, as though Allison had driven out and jumped.. MOO..(and not saying GBC IS guilty)

Mmmm ice cream.

I too believe if we work out why two cars then we can crack this thing.

I try too hard to fit in all the components into the whole story. The dog barking, the possible police coming to the DV, the screams, the cars, NBC at the bus stop, batwater (sic) in the lungs, etc etc. Whereas I probably know that some of these are not true and need to be eliminated.

By the way, in relation to Insp. Ainsworth reportedly declaring that GBC is not currently a "person of interest"...that could very well be because they (the police) do no longer believe that he has anything "interesting" to tell them. I.E. he's just going to continue to stick to his bizarre little story, and that's that. If they press him any harder (and I don't believe they need to at this stage) he'll just go and have another minor car accident that requires him to spend several more days in hospital eating ice cream.

That point has always intrigued me ....how does someone who's is declared a POI loose that status. I concluded that he must have satisfied the QPS that he was not a person they should be interested in as a suspect. Does someone know how this is determined?

Or were taken in by something like 'my father NBC is on the same board as commissioner Atkinson so please just leave'?

No, I highly doubt that, in a situation of a domestic dispute, if someone was being a 'prat' and coming out with something like that. Don't think the police would be swayed by that. MOO

Catching up here..looks like I missed some ripper posts..;)

I would think the police are called to a domestic disturbance involving a couple, that they would try to ensure the 'absent' party was indeed safe. Be it contact via mobile, hanging around to see, calling back past later or some form of follow up. If they are concerned for the welfare of one party.. JMO

ANd for the record, lol, my dog barks at more than just strangers! I'm afraid she is a yapper..but often you can tell the difference between barks, if that makes sense. SOmetimes her barks do make me really go take a look, because its more than just yapping for the sake of it. I had another dog, who rarely barked without good reason, even the neighbours would go check things out if they heard her bark because they knew somebody was about or something was not right.

:twocents:

Re, highlighted part.....For sure, they contact all parties involved in the dispute. In the most part though, even mobile contact is not considered enough. Hubby and the people he works with, may speak with the absent person on the phone, but always want to see the person, especially if it's a woman. They often ask the person to report to the station, even if its just for a informal chat, just to confirm....They are as sensitive and comforting and as supportive and assuring as possible.

Don't know ... one poster (who said she was a police officer for 10 years) I think indicated previously that if there is a call to a DV incident, the police will not leave until they ensure everybody is okay. Also, in the last thread, another poster indicated they had not said the police officer being stood down was one of the officers involved in this investigation.

IMO Allison was still alive and (outwardly) well when the police left (if in fact there was a call that Thursday night, which I believe is quite feasible).

I'm many pages behind, but just wanted to say that in my experience, the police did not check on me when called to dv dispute.

Exhusband and I got in major dispute (1st major one ever), he wouldn't let me leave, neighbours heard and called police. Before they could arrive (I didn't know they were called) I managed to get my phone back and call parents to come get me, called his parents to come to house (I was worried about him) he left then.
Parents come got me, and later I got a call from my inlaws to tell me when they got to house they picked him up from corner store, went to house and then police showed up. They told the police my parents had come to take me to their home. And that was it. Inlaw said that police said if I want to press charges to call them and she gave me the number.
The police never checked my welfare though. They just took my ex's and his parents word that I was ok and with my parents.

I'm just sharing this to show that in my personal experience the police may not check the welfare of both partners if they are told everything is now ok.

Edit to add: starting to catch up on posts and see this has actually been discussed alot tonight. Sorry!

Mmmm ice cream.

I too believe if we work out why two cars then we can crack this thing.

I try too hard to fit in all the components into the whole story. The dog barking, the possible police coming to the DV, the screams, the cars, NBC at the bus stop, batwater (sic) in the lungs, etc etc. Whereas I probably know that some of these are not true and need to be eliminated.

Okay, what could be the reasons for using two cars:

- One breaks down en route and needs help from second person
- One carries body to simulate suicide at the bridge, second used to return home (but we know this didn't happen)
- One carries body, the second one meets up with first at the roundabout to continue on to the bride
- One is chasing after the other one

Any others?

Can someone tell me the difference between a homicide - and no visual mean of foul play. To me this sounds so contradictory. Generally speaking when we read or hear of this - a homicide is something that someone brought about the killing of. No visual means of foul play generally means suicide. Not saying ABC suicided but the above 2 do not make sense to me regarding her death.

Althought the courier Mail reported, they understood there were no visible sign of foul play, I believe this may be incorrect. I don't think police were letting out what they know in regards to this. It has since been stated that police will not be letting out COD, but that they knew shortly after her body was discovered, how she died. Which to me indicates there were visible signs of foul play- it appears from the way it is reported, that they knew before autopies were done. From my take on them knowing shortly after the body was found, that they knew when they saw her where her body was found, how she had died. MOO

MOO

If NBC was indeed seen sitting at the roundabout bustop...
IMO it makes perfect sense to me that NBC's role was as a 'spotter'.
I doubt he would be much use for anything else going by the footage in this link.
0.25 - clearly shows NBC struggling with the simple task of removing of a box from the car.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/no-luck-yet-for-missing-mother/xp1r8ud

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Re, highlighted part.....For sure, they contact all parties involved in the dispute. In the most part though, even mobile contact is not considered enough. Hubby and the people he works with, may speak with the absent person on the phone, but always want to see the person, especially if it's a woman. They often ask the person to report to the station, even if its just for a informal chat, just to confirm....They are as sensitive and comforting and as supportive and assuring as possible.

Agree..I was just trying to emphasise that I do not think that they would ordinarily leave things without ensuring the other party is safe. So yes I agree with what you are saying. :). (have a relative who was also a detective and also attended many domestic disputes thoughout their time in Police.)

That point has always intrigued me ....how does someone who's is declared a POI loose that status. I concluded that he must have satisfied the QPS that he was not a person they should be interested in as a suspect. Does someone know how this is determined?

Maybe he is no longer a person of interest because he is a suspect. That would be one way to lose POI status.

I'm many pages behind, but just wanted to say that in my experience, the police did not check on me when called to dv dispute.

Exhusband and I got in major dispute (1st major one ever), he wouldn't let me leave, neighbours heard and called police. Before they could arrive (I didn't know they were called) I managed to get my phone back and call parents to come get me, called his parents to come to house (I was worried about him) he left then.
Parents come got me, and later I got a call from my inlaws to tell me when they got to house they picked him up from corner store, went to house and then police showed up. They told the police my parents had come to take me to their home. And that was it. Inlaw said that police said if I want to press charges to call them and she gave me the number.
The police never checked my welfare though. They just took my ex's and his parents word that I was ok and with my parents.

I'm just sharing this to show that in my personal experience the police may not check the welfare of both partners if they are told everything is now ok.

Edit to add: starting to catch up on posts and see this has actually been discussed alot tonight. Sorry!

Dont apologise, you have a right to tell your story, just like the rest of us.....Hugs

With the police, I sometimes think it depends how busy it is on the night too(I know that doesnt make it right). I also think that certain officers, take DV much more lightly than others.

If NBC was a spotter, and there were two cars, then does that mean there'd have to be 3 people involved? That seems like a lot, and leaves the children unsupervised. Hmmm. Sounds messy.

Dont apologise, you have a right to tell your story, just like the rest of us.....Hugs

With the police, I sometimes think it depends how busy it is on the night too(I know that doesnt make it right). I also think that certain officers, take DV much more lightly than others.

Yeah I totally understand that.
Thanks for your reply. :)

Really hoping we get some more information soon. It's really starting to take it's toll, it's like I can't sleep because I'm always thinking and wondering about what has happened to Allison.
I have no idea why this particular case has hit me like this, I've always been a follower of crime stories, but usually not until after they are solved.

Please please please let there be some justice for allison soon!

Does anybody know if the report of 2 cars seen near the bridge, one with headlights dimmed, indicated if these two cars were heading towards the bridge or heading back from the bridge?

Yeah I totally understand that.
Thanks for your reply. :)

Really hoping we get some more information soon. It's really starting to take it's toll, it's like I can't sleep because I'm always thinking and wondering about what has happened to Allison.
I have no idea why this particular case has hit me like this, I've always been a follower of crime stories, but usually not until after they are solved.

Please please please let there be some justice for allison soon!

If it's like this for us, I can't imagine what it must be like for loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr