Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anybody else questioned why a prominent MP would who doesnt live in this "ward" would comment re the search???? MMMM not sure I have heard them speak about any other "missing case" in this way?? IMO

To me, I initially mentioned this in the first thread....and I cant remember if I got shot down or I dismissed my own theory as outlandish.

But, for them to have been shown as so supportive, just after they have got in to power, was incredibly the polar opposite to clever. Campbell Newman coming on TV, saying that he will thorw everything he can to the commissioner....and the other two visiting the BCs.......................was a) silly b)for a reason.

I found it almost discriminatory for all the other people who have gone missing etc, to have not gained so much support as this case had. Though was happy he threw his all into Allison.

If this lady has gone to a solicitor about slander a whole heap of people must be going to court lol

My interest peaked when I read that his agents all share commissions for each sale, making for better team dynamics. Sorry I can't cite it but from C21. I thought it would be very claustrophobic working in that office with husband and in-laws!

To me, I initially mentioned this in the first thread....and I cant remember if I got shot down or I dismissed my own theory as outlandish.

But, for them to have been shown as so supportive, just after they have got in to power, was incredibly the polar opposite to clever. Campbell Newman coming on TV, saying that he will thorw everything he can to the commissioner....and the other two visiting the BCs.......................was a) silly b)for a reason.

I found it almost discriminatory for all the other people who have gone missing etc, to have not gained so much support as this case had. Though was happy he was happy to throw his all into Allison.

I think at the time, Allison's disappearance caused a significant ripple in an influential demographic. I agree that the wife of a Woodridge battler probably wouldn't have got a similar response from the Premier.

I found it almost discriminatory for all the other people who have gone missing etc, to have not gained so much support as this case had. Though was happy he threw his all into Allison.

Yes I agree I knew I had read this previously - thank-you. But now with all the additional information re the party donations and "connections" the quick "crime scene" the hiring of lawyer barrister. What did Allsion find out? Who is GBC protecting?
There is big money in real estate huge! trust funds commissions ! well IMO

My head is overloaded, but someone somewhere said he no longer drives because of that, so I am going with the idea he was driving, until it is proven otherwise.

If you saw the photo of the crash that was posted last night...whoever was covered with a blanket was laying on driver's side of the car, if he were in passenger seat I'd presume he'd be laying on that side.

I still think they could have pushed her over the rails of the bridge. It is entirely possible that she rolled a little way after she landed.

My interest peaked when I read that his agents all share commissions for each sale, making for better team dynamics. Sorry I can't cite it but from C21. I thought it would be very claustrophobic working in that office with husband and in-laws!

IMO agents dont share commissions he may have it "split" a different way but Ive never heard agenst that share - never

to me, the passenger seat thing, is an airbag.....and what some are calling a blanket....................is an inflated airbag too.

The barrister would have been retained on the recommendation of the solicitor. GBC would have had no input into that decision apart from agreeing to the expenses. Counsel would have been retained to provide an opinion as to more complex questions of law, not as a representaive in court. If there is eventually a trial then this barrister, or another, may be retained for that also. An opinion would usually be sought if the client indicates that there was a complex facutal scenario and wants to get an idea of how his criminal liability will vary depending on what facts are supported by evidence, and what sentences are likely for different offences. The barrister may also be asked for a view as to whether a plea bargain is worth pursuing. it is relatively uncommon for an accused person to be represented by a personally retained barrister in a murder trial, due to the expense. Legal Aid would usually brief the matter. But you can be sure that if the matter goes to trial that the Crown will brief someone just as capable as the defence counsel.

The suggestion of engaging the Barrister might have been made by his solicitor but as the client GBC would have had to consider the suggestion and the reasons and approve it. As such he is still engaging the Barrister through the solicitor and he is paying for it. It's up to the client what they want to do in the end. Not all clients take the advice of their lawyers. The lawyers have issued statements as to the reason why the Barrister was engaged, but this is neither here nor there, they will issue statements designed to explain things in the best light for their client.

We don't know the real reasons, but I think this came up because many of us consider that engaging a Barrister at such an early stage when one has not been charged, is an indication of a much greater concern for the way things might go than an innocent person might have. I still think that. I believe it is unusual, especially at the time the Barrister was engaged, and also the particular Barrister chosen. IMO, the lawyers think their client needs to prepare and be protected, because there is so much preparation and protection needed.

I also think that GBC's absence from the media, the search area, televised pleas for Allisons return, and any subsequent statements is interesting, especially in recent times. There has been much discussion here about what that has meant in the early stages, but over the whole time, since the Barristers have been engaged, still nothing. Personally I think it is because he has been advised not to - he is just not able to fake it enough and there are just too many possibilities of making things appear worse.

This is a messy case for sure, especially now with the roundabout issue and requests about the vehicles and movement there, and now the woman in question has engaged a lawyer.

I think at the time, Allison's disappearance caused a significant ripple in an influential demographic. I agree that the wife of a Woodridge battler probably wouldn't have got a similar response from the Premier.

Agreed but the wife of a "glorified sales person" not a brain surgeon IMO

I still think they could have pushed her over the rails of the bridge. It is entirely possible that she rolled a little way after she landed.

Yes, I've thought that right from when first saw the photos.

Agree. Looking at that last footage posted, she is definitely not underneath the bridge itself. I think she was thrown over/rolled under the railings.

to me, the passenger seat thing, is an airbag.....and what some are calling a blanket....................is an inflated airbag too.

Noooo..confusion reigns...lol.

In the pic of the crash...laying at the feet of the security guard on the ground, is what appears to be a blanket with, most likely, GBC underneath that blanket....this is on the driver's side of the car. Soo I presume he was indeed driving that car.

There was a question a page back as to whether or not GBC was driving that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member