Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed but the wife of a "glorified sales person" not a brain surgeon IMO

I agree.

I dont get the mind set of some (I dont mean in here, I mean out in society). There seems to be this notion that RE people are rolling in money. The ones I personally know of (and for a couple of years after I had child no 1, I was a weekend receptionist in a RE agency) drive Mercedes Benz's................But none own them........they lease them. Through their business etc. They give off this money persona..............but rareth have alot. The only ones I know to have very much at all, are the ones who came to real estate later in life and are much more settled because of their prior profession.

The suggestion of engaging the Barrister might have been made by his solicitor but as the client GBC would have had to consider the suggestion and the reasons and approve it. As such he is still engaging the Barrister through the solicitor and he is paying for it. It's up to the client what they want to do in the end. Not all clients take the advice of their lawyers. The lawyers have issued statements as to the reason why the Barrister was engaged, but this is neither here nor there, they will issue statements designed to explain things in the best light for their client.

We don't know the real reasons, but I think this came up because many of us consider that engaging a Barrister at such an early stage when one has not been charged, is an indication of a much greater concern for the way things might go than an innocent person might have. I still think that. I believe it is unusual, especially at the time the Barrister was engaged, and also the particular Barrister chosen. IMO, the lawyers think their client needs to prepare and be protected, because there is so much preparation and protection needed.

I also think that GBC's absence from the media, the search area, televised pleas for Allisons return, and any subsequent statements is interesting, especially in recent times. There has been much discussion here about what that has meant in the early stages, but over the whole time, since the Barristers have been engaged, still nothing. Personally I think it is because he has been advised not to - he is just not able to fake it enough and there are just too many possibilities of making things appear worse.

This is a messy case for sure, especially now with the roundabout issue and requests about the vehicles and movement there, and now the woman in question has engaged a lawyer.
Would you possibly be legally liable (setting aside moral questions for a minute) if you were aware of a threat to someone's life or blackmail and did nothing. I wonder...

Noooo..confusion reigns...lol.

In the pic of the crash...laying at the feet of the security guard on the ground, is what appears to be a blanket with, most likely, GBC underneath that blanket....this is on the driver's side of the car. Soo I presume he was indeed driving that car.

I definitely think he was driving the car (earlier I was just saying that I am amazed he was driving....silly man)

See....I dont think he is under anything. Run your eye down the security guards leg (right leg - knee height), it looks like something is leaning against the pileon...I think that is GBCs arm. To me, he is sitting on the gutter there, leaning against the pileon....with the shirtless guy facing him, with enough space, but being consoling....Security guard, facing that way. I think that thing, is the curtain airbag, still partially inflated.

I guess its one of those things, where we all look at pictures and see different things. PS : I wear glasses, so I could be being googly eyed here.

IMO agents dont share commissions he may have it "split" a different way but Ive never heard agenst that share - never
I heard one of the videos posted of him on YouTube and he actually says that it is shared between all of the staff. I'll try to find a link.

I heard one of the videos posted of him on YouTube and he actually says that it is shared between all of the staff. I'll try to find a link.
Gerard Baden-Clay speaking about the culture at Century 21 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-j7OLePAg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-j7OLePAg[/ame]

I definitely think he was driving the car (earlier I was just saying that I am amazed he was driving....silly man)

See....I dont think he is under anything. Run your eye down the security guards leg (right leg - knee height), it looks like something is leaning against the pileon...I think that is GBCs arm. To me, he is sitting on the gutter there, leaning against the pileon....with the shirtless guy facing him, with enough space, but being consoling....Security guard, facing that way. I think that thing, is the curtain airbag, still partially inflated.

I guess its one of those things, where we all look at pictures and see different things. PS : I wear glasses, so I could be being googly eyed here.

Ok..lol.

Either way, blanket or airbag, GBC would be sitting/laying down on ground, on that driver's side near security guard. If he'd been a passenger he'd be sitting/laying on passenger side of the car.

I have finally jumped on board after reading silently in the background since the beginning of the first thread.
All opinions and theories have been very intriguing, in the most part, and I am personally very confused about what really happened to Allison.
There are so many possibilities that have been covered on this post and I am sure there are many others that could be what actually 'went down'. Until more info is released it is really anyone's guess.
I can tell you however, the two ex colleagues that have been presented so far are definitely not the 'mistress'. Nor is she the woman seen on camera visiting the BC's home.
She is definitely still working in real estate and has not left the industry.
IMO, given she has not yet been named anywhere, that I have seen anyway, tells me that her reason for 'lawyering up' have nothing to do with slander. So I guess that leaves a few of the other options that have been presented on earlier posts.

I thought it was earlier too, but the only references I can find are that first criminal lawyer (Darren Mahony) issued a statement that he'd been engaged by GBC on 26 Apr and this was widely reported in media on the 27th. (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...mum-hires-lawyer/story-e6frf7jx-1226340450575)

On the 28th GBC broke his media silence with the interview next to sister.

Barrister was reported as being hired on the day Allison's body was identified (1st May).

"A "DEVASTATED'' Gerard Baden-Clay has hired a second lawyer on the same day police confirmed that his wife Allison had been murdered." (http://www.news.com.au/national/devastated-dad-hires-a-barrister/story-e6frfkvr-1226344210265)

Yes it was first reported on 27th that he'd hired lawyer but on 28th, Courier Mail said:

Within hours, Brookfield's streets were being combed by police. Residents were doorknocked several times by officers asking about a missing woman. One local, spoken to three times on the Friday, was told the couple had had an argument and Mrs Baden-Clay had left the house and not returned.

The Courier-Mail understands it was that day, as police searched for his wife, that Mr Baden-Clay contacted a lawyer

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...baden-clays-call/story-e6freoof-1226341176705

I still think they could have pushed her over the rails of the bridge. It is entirely possible that she rolled a little way after she landed.

Kholo Creek is tidal. If a body landed in water it may at first sink and in a few days float because of gases developing inside and then can be moved about by tides going in an out, eventually lodging somewhere, anywhere. Gruesome to think about but unfortunately true. Over the past two weeks tides have been as high as 2.7 metres

Or could just be as simple as a love triangle but for Allison to be left in the cold dark wet night like rubbish there has to be more.................. IMO

You'd think so, but not necessarily. Couples can fight over anything, then things escalate when underlying tensions spill over. IMO the search for motives isn't that important.

Someone linked a govt report into partner homicides a while back - 30% of fights leading to death were about infidelity/breakup, the rest were general domestic disagreements. (http://www.aic.gov.au/documents/6/1/3/{613390AC-6E23-43F2-8070-45095691D7F0}ti90.pdf)

I remember reading years ago that the fight that saw Tommy Lee jailed after kicking Pamela Anderson as she lay on the floor started over him not being able to find the right saucepan in a cupboard. Once you add in personality issues and guys with a sense of superiority/entitlement, these things escalate even worse.

IMO, I do think there may be more involved than simple Mistress or Domestic Violence escalation. I do think there could be concern for reputation when all is bought out and/or because there are others involved. I don't know if I think pre meditation or accidental..could be either. Possibly there was something going on within the couples lives(not meaning DV) that has got them involved in a situation, where Allisons life has been threatened(as in threats made) and ended up in her life being taken. Or a situation they were in lead to her accidental death. But IMO you are stupid to cover it up by dumping a body and declare her missing, rather than fess up in the beginning. So Husband may or may not have caused her death. Maybe something he was involved in led to her death- I would think you would have extreme guilt and remorse and even fear of that. Or He was a party to her death in some way, by having a hand in physically or otherwise.

But these are just some of my thoughts. I am keeping an open mind to the situation- or trying to.

so are you thinking a drug habit, shady business dealings? someone threatening them for money owed?

I have finally jumped on board after reading silently in the background since the beginning of the first thread.
All opinions and theories have been very intriguing, in the most part, and I am personally very confused about what really happened to Allison.
There are so many possibilities that have been covered on this post and I am sure there are many others that could be what actually 'went down'. Until more info is released it is really anyone's guess.
I can tell you however, the two ex colleagues that have been presented so far are definitely not the 'mistress'. Nor is she the woman seen on camera visiting the BC's home.
IMO, given she has not yet been named anywhere, that I have seen anyway, tells me that her reason for 'lawyering up' have nothing to do with slander. So I guess that leaves a few of the other options that have been presented on earlier posts.

Thank you very much for your insight and welcome to the banter.

I do agree about being confused......Sadly none of us have any idea....So we just keep coming up with different thoughts. We are all confused and hopeful that whoever it is that harmed this lady, comes to justice.

Welcome! And thanks so much for your input. Do you know the lady?

Kholo Creek is tidal. If a body landed in water it may at first sink and in a few days float because of gases developing inside and then can be moved about by tides going in an out, eventually lodging somewhere, anywhere. Gruesome to think about but unfortunately true. Over the past two weeks tides have been as high as 2.7 metres

Would she be that high up on that bank though??...I don't know if it's the way I'm looking at the angle but seems her body was fairly high up...it appears quite a steep bank??

Thank you very much for your insight and welcome to the banter.

I do agree about being confused......Sadly none of us have any idea....So we just keep coming up with different thoughts. We are all confused and hopeful that whoever it is that harmed this lady, comes to justice.

I'll second all you've said.

With so very little info, it's really anyone's guess as to what happened to Allison. We could keep on guessing & guessing & still not be anywhere close to it.

Perhaps we'll hear more after the funeral.

Is Gerard involved in the government?

Did Allison's family ever mention Gerard being violent in the past?

The one verified source I've seen was Allison's best friend saying "she told me things, I should have done more" and a more vague quote from her parents along the lines of "she never told anyone about her problems, wish she had"
(http://www.smh.com.au/national/frie...s-i-should-have-done-more-20120504-1y489.html)

There have also been various reports from locals in this thread that could point that way or to general abusive behaviour (heresay) Police asked hairdresser if she ever had bruises, etc. Someone who met them at a function said he was overbearing and talked over her and she appeared downtrodden.

I thought the real estate website was interesting - all the BC family get a fabulous flattering bio, and Allison who had a psychology degree, spoke 6 languages and had previously been HR chief for (was it 6000?) employees in a multinational company is listed last with "Qualified Real Estate Sales Person"
(http://web.archive.org/web/20080718224602/http://century21.com.au/westside/agenthome.htm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member