GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many mental illnesses emerged around the age of 18, but I do wonder if there were any tell tale signs prior such as;

seeing things
hurting animals
inability to learn from mistakes (repeating the same behaviour but expecting a different outcome)

Does anyone know if any of these things were apparent? TIA

BBM - I found this very strange also, I don't ever recall someone being asked to drive a suspect to the police station and I am very surprised that they didn't go and arrest him or pick him up for questioning. My personal feelings on this is very angry that someone was put in potential danger particularly after such a horrific crime. I do believe it was the result of jealousy, humiliation and such and was particularly directed to CR but even still he had surpassed the boundary and in my opinion become a threat to anyone after the fact.

Maybe they didn't want to scare him into running off or something? Didn't wanna make him think he was a suspect. Although if they already had his car and were searching it, he would know was a suspect. Does seem a really weird way of doing it though.
Still really keen to see that article 'How the accused was caught.'

Apparantly now there has been a 17 year old from Gawler arrested in relation to the murders according to news, i am being told, don't know much else yet.

Nothing on the internet about this yet.

How do locals know this? Was the Gawler man taken to the Kapunda police station?

I'm not going to discredit local talk, as local talk is how we learned the name of the first arrested man.

Still really keen to see that article 'How the accused was caught.'

So am I, there's a picture of the front page Here. Does it even exist? I never received that particular Advertiser, I got a different one that day.

Also, anyone know if that white Utility has been tracked down, and if it even had any relation to this case?

I just talked to my mum in Gawler and she said the arrest of the boy there was in relation to 'something that happened in a market garden?' direct quote...is there a crime there like that at the moment?

Mum would know right? LOL.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/arres...-waterloo-corner/story-e6frea6u-1225955746377

That's the news article I first thought of when I read it was a 17-year-old who the locals were saying was arrested in relation to the Kapunda killings.
I guess they must have heard "A second man, of 17 years, has been arrested and is expected to be charged with murder" and assumed it was related to the Rowe family case.

Maybe there have been two arrests of 17 year olds, or maybe it's just the Barossa being oblivious to the murder which happened in Adelaide.

Hi long time lurker newbie here dipping my foot in, there was the murder of a Vietnamese man in his 50's killed in a market garden off of Waterloo cnr road on Mon or Tues this week. 2 have been arrested in relation with that crime.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/19/3071693.htm

ETA thankyou for all the sleuthing you do a truely amazing crime forum x

Hi long time lurker newbie here dipping my foot in, there was the murder of a Vietnamese man in his 50's killed in a market garden off of Waterloo cnr road on Mon or Tues this week. 2 have been arrested in relation with that crime.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/19/3071693.htm

I'll just say, this crime has not had as much media spotlight as the Rowe family case. That is something I can definitely confirm. AdelaideNow has only (I believe) two articles about this that I have seen during the week, and I've only seen it on the television news once (the day that it happened).

It is fair to say that Barossa residents may not have heard of this case during the heat of the Rowe family one, and thought that the arrest was in regard to the Rowe family.

HI AIMELI!! Thank you....and good to see another South Aussie on here :)

Thank you so much for posting this information and for finding this discussion. And it appears they were looking at him from day 1 and he was aware of it, and yet it also seems he wasn't particularly nervous about it? I think this is the part I can't wrap my head around, that he was able to do something so horrific and then carry on in the community as usual. Weird.

And it is very sad to hear that he was close to her boyfriend as well as Chantelle and does appear there was a jealousy issue there at the very least. How unbelievable, that teen romance could end up in such tragedy, it seems such a banal motivation for a crime like this from our standpoint. I am sure we will hear he has darker long term issues however, he may have been a ticking time bomb, and she was just the unlucky target for long pent up rage and frustration.

Well it was curious that another name flew around the net before {mod edit} did I wonder if it is the same person?

Assume this is someone who helped AFTER the crime however, I just cannot see anyone else in that house while this went on, I hope not anyway, that would be just horrific, not that this case already isn't.

Thanks for clarifying all that info for us this morning too. :)

OH, and WELCOME to Websleuths!!!

Tried to get the details of the 17 year old from Gawler area apparantly that was taken into custody in Kapunda last night by police and there was a media presence there also according to local town folk who were told that it was in relation to the murders in what capacity I don't know, they are all the details even the locals were told.

Tried to get the details of the 17 year old from Gawler area apparantly that was taken into custody in Kapunda last night by police and there was a media presence there also according to local town folk who were told that it was in relation to the murders in what capacity I don't know, they are all the details even the locals were told.

And not one media outlet has mentioned it?
Strange.

Could at least write something like this:

Second man in custody over Rowe family Murders
A second man was taken into custody at Kapunda Police Station last night.
Police have not yet released in what capacity the man is related to the murders.
The man is believed to be aged 17, and from the Gawler area.
There was a strong media presence in the town last night.

"Give some quotes from the locals"

All done.

Thank you so much for posting this information and for finding this discussion. And it appears they were looking at him from day 1 and he was aware of it, and yet it also seems he wasn't particularly nervous about it? I think this is the part I can't wrap my head around, that he was able to do something so horrific and then carry on in the community as usual. Weird.

And it is very sad to hear that he was close to her boyfriend as well as Chantelle and does appear there was a jealousy issue there at the very least. How unbelievable, that teen romance could end up in such tragedy, it seems such a banal motivation for a crime like this from our standpoint. I am sure we will hear he has darker long term issues however, he may have been a ticking time bomb, and she was just the unlucky target for long pent up rage and frustration.

Well it was curious that another name flew around the net before {mod edit} did I wonder if it is the same person?

Assume this is someone who helped AFTER the crime however, I just cannot see anyone else in that house while this went on, I hope not anyway, that would be just horrific, not that this case already isn't.

Thanks for clarifying all that info for us this morning too. :)

OH, and WELCOME to Websleuths!!!

Tried to get the details of the 17 year old from Gawler area apparantly that was taken into custody in Kapunda last night by police and there was a media presence there also according to local town folk who were told that it was in relation to the murders in what capacity I don't know, they are all the details even the locals were told, it could well relate to the chap that was found in his market garden which we did all hear about but it could I guess be easily assumed by any locals that heard the arrest and the murder words put together and the youths age for them to automatically assume it was re the Kapunda Case. I think that link being made by locals if it is erroneous could be excused due to the hypersensitivity at the moment.

I have been reading for a couple of days and have so many questions...but I want to put a scenario to you. What if the person who attacked these people isn't at psychotic as you appear to think??

There is information here from 2 sources, that on the surface both appears legitimate, but they also contradict the other...therefore at least one must be incorrect.

Maybe the person was not obsessed at all...maybe he was really having a relationship with the deceased, that was kept secret due to another relationship...the person who they currently have in custody for allegedly committing this crime, appears to be a normal teenage boy...and all the information that has come from his social networking pages, and comments from his friends, has really given anyone reason to feel any differently. He just may not be the monster everyone wants to make him out to be.

It was claimed that he showed up with flowers, if that was case, do we really think he had a sword in one hand and flowers in the other?

What if the sword actually belonged to one of the deceased??? What if this is a case of a teenage boy defending himself after being confronted by a sword bearing angry father who has just caught him with his teenage daughter...the panic and chaos that would have ensued could have easily made him feel he was fighting for his life when fighting off other family members...

I am REALLY not seeing psycho killer with this kid...

...also, I have read here that the youngest was killed first...but also that she hid in the cupboard...you would think one is incorrect.

I heard the same thing; rumour has it that it's in relation to [remove name] so called 'alibi' and potential charges of providing a false statement to police as well as tampering with evidence.
I assume, this 17 year old either helped clean [remove name] up and/or dispose of clothing and the weapon as well as being the fake alibi.

I'm not seeing psycho killer in this kid either....but the nature of the murders, in particular the overkill involved has convinced me that he is in fact 'deranged' in some way...if he had simply being defending himself he would have just done what he needed to do to protect himself or even kill his attacker, but that is all and nothing more.

Thanks for finding that and bringing it over here....it is weird, wonder why he didn't just do it under his own profile really...it makes him look even more sus to hide behind someone else's name! Maybe he was already feeling nervous at this stage after all.

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

Did you notice too how different he looks in that picture of him and Chantelle leaning up against the fence at the sports field, and the image he has in his Bebo? Is it just me? Also is it correct that he withdrew from his friends over the last year or so....and....what timeline do we have for when he dated Chantelle, and when she started dating D****? Curious about how that all fits together.

Not sure about the gap between the two but I do know that she had only been with the new boyfriend for 1 Month because my teenage daughter went on a couple of dates with him prior to him starting to see Chantelle a couple of weeks later....

I have been reading for a couple of days and have so many questions...but I want to put a scenario to you. What if the person who attacked these people isn't at psychotic as you appear to think??

There is information here from 2 sources, that on the surface both appears legitimate, but they also contradict the other...therefore at least one must be incorrect.

Maybe the person was not obsessed at all...maybe he was really having a relationship with the deceased, that was kept secret due to another relationship...the person who they currently have in custody for allegedly committing this crime, appears to be a normal teenage boy...and all the information that has come from his social networking pages, and comments from his friends, has really given anyone reason to feel any differently. He just may not be the monster everyone wants to make him out to be.

It was claimed that he showed up with flowers, if that was case, do we really think he had a sword in one hand and flowers in the other?

What if the sword actually belonged to one of the deceased??? What if this is a case of a teenage boy defending himself after being confronted by a sword bearing angry father who has just caught him with his teenage daughter...the panic and chaos that would have ensued could have easily made him feel he was fighting for his life when fighting off other family members...

...also, I have read here that the youngest was killed first...but also that she hid in the cupboard...you would think one is incorrect.

If the father attacked him with a sword, say he doesn't get decapitated by it and somehow manages to acquire it, why would he then go and kill Chantelle who he "was secretly dating"?

I think we've established quite solidly that he went to the house with the intent to kill, and that he mutilated the bodies quite excessively, showing that he either was on drugs (which people who knew him claim is unlikely) or that he had some kind of mental illness or obsession with her.

....and yes, one is incorrect, most likely the cupboard one, but until we have verified details we tend to keep an open mind on possibilities and scenarios, these details tend to get tidied up as the case progresses.

Welcome aboard by the way!! ;)

Not sure about the gap between the two but I do know that she had only been with the new boyfriend for 1 Month because my teenage daughter went on a couple of dates with him prior to him starting to see Chantelle a couple of weeks later....

Oh dear...how close is this for you guys? And thanks for the timeline...do we know when [removed name] was seeing Chantelle or even how serious it was?

If she was sick, she might have taken something to help her sleep...maybe Tylenol PM, and this made her be in a hard sound sleep.

Just a thought!

I'll clear 2 things up for you, she didn't hide in a cupboard; that is bull**** and has obviously been made up. She was killed quickly, brutally and staged afterwards.
Secondly, no idea where this story of him coming with flowers is coming. No evidence to suggest this happened.The only flowers he turned up with is a few days later at her memorial where he played the mourning friend role.

I'm not sure of his mental state, I'll leave that to the experts to determine. What I do know is that it's not normal to murder your girlfriends mum (even in self defence) or to stage your girlfriends body after slaying her. It's also not normal to pretend it didn't happen and blend back into the community. It's not normal to still claim not guilty after the police have a crapload of DNA and circumstantial evidence to charge you. And it's definitely not normal to declare an alibi an hour before your initial bail hearing (he didn't think about raising this when he was being interviewed for 4 hours the night before?!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406