GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to find out if the dad of the accused had a criminal history and i got to one of those sites where you can get scottish criminal records but you had to pay 29 pounds to get the info and i wasn't sure how legit the website was. I need to read up more on doing this sort of thing in other sections of the WS site.

There must of been a reason why he was kept away from his dad.

I've put up the 10 quid for the birth certificate, if and when that arrives I'll go digging for other info on that site.

I am pretty sure one of those Scottish articles claimed that the father wasn't listed on the birth certificate

yer i wish i had a flux capacitor

Hell, if I had a flux capacitor I'd go back and stop the crime.

Anyway, haven't been active in the past week. FIVE THREADS!? Anything new been released!?

Last I read was about the court hearing last Wednesday, no one knew anything about it or why it wasn't being shown on the news. Is there anything more recent than that?

Sounds like they continued the suppression and suppressed the suppression on top of that FFS!

I can't believe things like birth certificates are so freely available.

Most countries have a much more open public records policy than our own.

i wonder what the home life was like for the accused. i have seen a comment (probably rumor/heresay) that his mum was controlling and his step dad was violent.

previous cases i have heard about, where men committed such heinous crimes against women, there has been a mother issue somewhere.....

perhaps he has underlying animosity towards his mother for 1. not having his dad have anything to do with him 2. taking him away from his dad 3. moving to australia and having to leave his friends and family 4. marrying another man - if this was later in the accused's life he would have felt replaced and unimportant to his mum after years of being her only man.

this is just pure speculation on my part.

Hi Guys - I hate to rain on your parade again, but we can't sleuth innocent family members or minors.

I know that leaves very little to discuss. Practically everything is off limits here - no social networking, no family, no minors, no innocents, etc.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't just close the thread until the suppression order is lifted and a real discussion can take place.

What do you all think?

Salem

Yes, I think having a sensible place to post releasable info and discussion is crucial too...we can tone down the heat if it causes WS problems x

Okay - let's try this. Here is a list of things you may discuss, put together and work on. As always, please be careful not to violate the suppression order or violate the TOS and rules.

- Create a timeline for the case.

- Write up your own recap of the story of the case and post it. Great for people who are new to the case, plus you get to give a voice to the victim.

- Go back and collect the known facts of the case, along with their source links, and post them. If you don't have time to collect all of them, just do whatever you have time for, and ask for others to add to it. BUT BE CAREFUL NOT TO VIOLATE THE SUPPRESSION ORDER WITH THE LINKS. If you can't link it - it is not supported as fact and is considered rumor.

- Write up your own theory of what happened in the case. Great to get others thinking about and posting on the case, and bring attention to it.

- Find a picture of the victim that hasn't been posted for a while, and post it so there's always a face to put with the victim's name, reminding people that the victim is a real person.

- Find the most recent map(s) of significant locations, update them if necessary, (we in the US don't know about Australian geography). There are different tools for creating the maps such as Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/), Bing (http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH7), and other online tools.

- Check Google News or Interceder (http://interceder.net/) for the most recent news story, and post it with a note that it's the most recent story on the case. AGAIN BE CAREFUL NOT TO VIOLATE THE SUPPRESSION ORDER.

- See if there's a candle lighting site for the victim. If so, light a candle and post the link. If not, create a site, light a candle, and post the link so others can light candles. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=ENG

- Humanize the victim - see if you can find some of the victim's favorite things, make a list, and post them. Did you find the victim's favorite song? See if you can find the lyrics, and post a link to them. Did you find the victim's favorite place to go? See if you can find a website for it, or a link to it on Google Maps or Bing.com, and link to them.

- Write up a recap of the victim's story, or a particular aspect of the case that interests or puzzles you, in your very own unique way, and post it.

- Write up a Myth Buster! Do you know of a rumor or misinformation that's made the rounds in the case and has always bugged you? Look up the source links for the real facts, and bust the myth!

- Start a list of direct quotes from LE, along with the date stated, and link to source. Post it and ask others to contribute to it.

- Is there a certain news video or press conference that you and others are constantly listening to to determine what was said? Transcribe it and post it for reference.

- Make a list of the news websites that have been covering the case regularly, collect their URLs, and post it.

- For cases where there are general discussion threads instead of a forum, check to see if important information and links have been brought forward from previous threads, such as timeline, case recap, list of news websites, photo archives, candle lighting site for the victim, etc. Post the ones that haven't been brought forward yet.

Let's see how this goes. Maybe we can channel the energy and get this discussion back on the road to somewhere :)

Salem

Even if it slows down, if its still open it allows people with new info to still post it.

Timeline of the tragedy.
Please quote, remove the quote tags, and add to this.

• November 8th

Between 12am and 1am, the murders took place.

• November 8th

Mid Morning, bodies found by a friend of the family.

• November 9th

Police Confirm Triple Murder.

• November 15th

Police announce that they have found DNA at the scene.

• November 16th

Suspect taken into custody.

• November 19th

Facebook vigilantes are breaching suppression order.

• November 19th

Plans for a benefit show on Jan22nd is announced.

• November 26th

Funeral for the Rowe family is held.

Timeline of the tragedy.
Please quote, remove the quote tags, and add to this.

• November 8th

Between 12am and 1am, the murders took place.

• November 8th

Mid Morning, bodies found by a friend of the family.

• November 9th

Police Confirm Triple Murder.

• November 15th

Police announce that they have found DNA at the scene.

• November 16th

Suspect taken into custody.

• November 19th

Facebook vigilantes are breaching suppression order.

• November 19th

Plans for a benefit show on Jan22nd is announced.

• November 26th

Funeral for the Rowe family is held.

Hi and thanks,

Am very time poor and have been following this for a while. When I do get time to follow, am usually very tired as I am now. I tend to get confused and don't get to follow all of the links.

Thank you all for sharing.

I am just like you all - a bit obsessed with this case and would like to know the truth. Crossing my toes and fingers that we all geat to know.

Thankyou again - and please Salem keep the threads open. Please all contributors = abide by the rules!!

Only being new at this my question to the more experienced in these matters is, if the alibi had been proven wouldn’t we have heard the accused had been released?
Surely they can’t keep someone locked up if they have a proven alibi.
The long the suppression order is in place and the longer the accused is being kept in custody to me seems they have some pretty strong evidence that he is responsible for this crime.
Considering how such an accusation/charge could totally destroy someone’s life, especially as this seems to be someone who up until now didn’t have a history of violence etc. Can they hold him on just some flimsy evidence?
I would be very interested to hear what others think on this.
Just thinking out aloud here.

Only being new at this my question to the more experienced in these matters is, if the alibi had been proven wouldn’t we have heard the accused had been released?
Surely they can’t keep someone locked up if they have a proven alibi.
The long the suppression order is in place and the longer the accused is being kept in custody to me seems they have some pretty strong evidence that he is responsible for this crime.
Considering how such an accusation/charge could totally destroy someone’s life, especially as this seems to be someone who up until now didn’t have a history of violence etc. Can they hold him on just some flimsy evidence?
I would be very interested to hear what others think on this.
Just thinking out aloud here.

a good legal team would have him out in 24 hours

Here are some rules regarding social networking that our poster, sbr, noticed and thought were helpful for explaining things. I'm posting there here for your information and will add them to the opening post in our thread. I hope they help and a BIG THANK YOU to sbr for pointing them out!! :woohoo:

Social Networks & Rumors
(original post from Mod Imamaze)

Regarding social networks

Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case. WE ARE LIMITED IN THIS CASE BY THE SUPPRESSION ORDER.

IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out with: "I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]?" that is not a good thing.

It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing! Private means private. Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.

You are free to discuss what you may come upon, but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. But, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case. So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!

If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.

The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.

Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.

We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on by pm'ing one of the mods! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

Rumors are not allowed! If you have questions please PM a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Chantelle and her parents. Thank you.

Important links to read if new to Websleuths or if you haven't read lately:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Terms of Service Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Terms of Service Terms of Service - Long, Detailed Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Forum Finesse - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member