Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She had been taken to Bundaberg Hospital, north of Childers, for a medical examination.

"Chloe is now in Bundaberg Hospital" - north of Childers - "where she is receiving medical treatment.
It's still too soon to say if she has any injuries, but she's under observation.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11237063

That's what I expected to hear. We will not know until later if she was injured. :twocents:

Oh so mum will 'interview' her .. well I hope they tape that or film it, as I imagine the story will come out in seemingly irrational pieces, but once listened to a few times will start to make sense.

Oh so mum will 'interview' her .. well I hope they tape that or film it, as I imagine the story will come out in seemingly irrational pieces, but once listened to a few times will start to make sense.

I am guessing that is because Chloe is so shy... she may not be willing to talk to anyone else.
I am sure there will be an officer listening to the conversation to determine what happened. :seeya:

It will definitely be taped. She will be given a script and will be coached. She might have an ear piece so that detectives can help her. It is really important that only certain questions are asked of children during investigations (no leading questions etc).

Thinking of my own children here, and how much they would be able to tell at 3yrs old.
They would be able to say who, (if they knew the person), or man/woman, big/small, don't think they would get the age, unless you compared them, say 'old like grandpa, or like mammy',

They may be able to say how they got out of the house.

I can remember my youngest comming home from nursery about that age and telling me such a tale of an ambulance coming to the nursery and her little friend had to go inside,
I was worried and thought something must of happened to her friend, but when I called the nursery to Ask, they said erm no, but we did have a visit from the fire engine! Lol.

Would a three year old be in nappies to sleep???

If so, that nappy would be ripe?

Unless.....she's been looked after.

See, the evidence is in the nappy!

My guess?

She's a bright little thing and hasn't shut up.

:twocents:

She had been taken to Bundaberg Hospital, north of Childers, for a medical examination.

"Chloe is now in Bundaberg Hospital" - north of Childers - "where she is receiving medical treatment.
It's still too soon to say if she has any injuries, but she's under observation.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11237063

That's what I expected to hear. We will not know until later if she was injured. :twocents:

Yes! It's just after 0700 am, Saturday, in Childers right now. The day is just getting started. Hopefully more information is forth coming.

omg best news to wake up to. amazing ending, which I had seriously not been expecting.

Two men on CCTV, wondering who that could be. Hope we get another update from LE soon

Would a three year old be in nappies to sleep???

If so, that nappy would be ripe?

Unless.....she's been looked after.

See, the evidence is in the nappy!

All three of mine still wore nappies for bed at 3yr old.
Good point,
Don't know if you could wear the same nappy for 40+ hrs? I would think it would be very uncomfortable at least x

Practically shrieked in happiness when I saw the thread title!!

If this was an abduction, I hope this story spreads like wildfire around the world and future kidnappers will see that it is JUST as much in their best interest to return the child unharmed! I can't decide whether this makes me wish LE would show their cards more often, as they did with the footage, because the possibility of the kidnapper panicking in the other direction is very real. But so is the possibility of swift capture, and the loss of their own life in the hands of the law.

I hesitate to say that I'm "grateful" for a kidnapper that does that, because it would be thanking someone for solving a problem that wouldn't have existed if it weren't for their selfishness and impulsivity (to put it mildly). So I prefer to appeal to that same selfishness, and use it to remind them that if they want to keep living, perhaps even in freedom, returning the child is the only way to do that.

So glad to wake up to this news... however it's not the outcome I was expecting, and I wonder still if there's not more to it, than a random abduction etc.

If she went on her own, ok (doubt it though, to hide from all the searching for so long, and the showgrounds was one of the first places they checked) but if not, I can't see someone abducting her, along with the usual reasons for which someone would do so, and just letting her go.

... unless it was a first-timer, terrified by all the attention, seeing mention of the Morcombes and realising how relentless the cops were in getting that offender over the years etc, especially with the CCTV footage, but this article mentions that the footage looks like the girl was leading the men... of course it may be completely irrelevant, time will tell.

Completely normal procedure BTW for an abduction victim to be initially in the care of police, at least for a short time. They've most likely taken the clothing in which she was found, and the teddy and sleeping bag if they were still with her, for any obvious evidence that may be on her person, that could lead to the abductor. Returning them straight to their parents would be stupid, risking loving parents just wanting to smother their baby with hugs and kisses and potentially ruining evidence that could bring the offender to justice.

<modsnip>

All three of mine still wore nappies for bed at 3yr old.
Good point,
Don't know if you could wear the same nappy for 40+ hrs? I would think it would be very uncomfortable at least x

Unless someone was taking care of her. Hmmm...
Indeed, check the nappy!

Oh, thank heavens! Such a relief for everyone, including the family and the investigators :great:

There's still much to emerge here. I hope Chloe is able to provide the information required so that any speculation can be put to rest.

:great: :great: :great: :dance: :dance: :dance: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :great: :great: :great:

Chloe's mother Tammy O'Donnell rushed to her daughter at the Bundaberg Base Hospital where she was checked over.

"(I'm) over the world; there is no other word to really describe how I'm feeling, just overjoyed," Ms O'Donnell told reporters.

She said she cuddled her daughter, who came through her ordeal physically fine but "really tired".

"I was just in tears. I didn't care if she woke up or not and then I just laid on the bed with her and gave her cuddles for a while and then we just came home to let everyone know," said the mother of four.

"She opened her eyes a little bit and (said) 'Mummy want to go home now' and passed out."

Investigations are continuing.

Police State Crime Command officers hope to interview Chloe on Saturday.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...-old-found-alive?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=tabloid

Glad she has been found. I did read an article that said her Mum has returned home, leaving her at the hospital

Chloe's parents Tammy O'Donnell and Garth Campbell returned to the house they are staying at at 4.20am without their daughter, who will remain in hospital for a few more hours.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-home-found-safe/story-fnihsrf2-1226881448599

It is all very very strange. Watching the ACA interview last night did anyone else hear the dog barking away in the background? I do not for one second believe that someone was able to climb onto a car, climb through such a tiny window and abduct a child without that dog yapping its little head off. To me, it would have had to of been someone already in the house or....well i dont want to get into trouble on my first post!

Glad she has been found and i am sure a full investigation will take place...however i still dont like the fact that those other 2 girls were sleeping in the lounge on that single mattress after what had just happened!

SHE WAS FOUND/.//....SHE'S ALIVE/// \\

YES YES YES :loveyou::cheers::cupcake:

Glad she has been found. I did read an article that said her Mum has returned home, leaving her at the hospital

Chloe's parents Tammy O'Donnell and Garth Campbell returned to the house they are staying at at 4.20am without their daughter, who will remain in hospital for a few more hours.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-home-found-safe/story-fnihsrf2-1226881448599

It is all very very strange. Watching the ACA interview last night did anyone else hear the dog barking away in the background? I do not for one second believe that someone was able to climb onto a car, climb through such a tiny window and abduct a child without that dog yapping its little head off. To me, it would have had to of been someone already in the house or....well i dont want to get into trouble on my first post!

Glad she has been found and i am sure a full investigation will take place...however i still dont like the fact that those other 2 girls were sleeping in the lounge on that single mattress after what had just happened!

I agree it's all very strange, the interview from ACA last night was done at the friends house where the family was staying in regards to the dog .. I'm very interested to find out what happened here too though!

:welcome:

Well this is great news! So unexpected.
I still dont believe these men were strangers though.
Brings me back to the father's statement that it must have been someone that knew him. I think he had a good idea who it was and that's why he said that, maybe trying to let whoever it was that he was onto them.
I think that and the massive coverage the story has gotten is the only reason she was returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal