Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone previously said on ss - what if she was made to make that cab call ? (Forceably)Wasn't her name recorded incorrectly? Maybe that was a cry for help ? Bunny and ou may be able to help?

Audio tapes have been listened to for any audio clues/ signs of duress etc. The call had her surname spelled with a more common spelling of "Spears" but she was not asked to spell her name. That was not unusual for telephones to not ask for spelling if it was straightforward sounding. Basically it was your standard peak time corner pick up taxi call. Nothing suss, nothing unusual.

Must say it's quite odd that SR alleges that he picked SS up twice in the night before she disappeared - wonder if this was confirmed by taxi company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Not confirmed.

The following was posted a few pages back and the link is below the post. Bunnie seems to confirm that the time from when SS rang for taxi and it arriving was 8 minutes. Please confirm Bunnie?

Originally Posted by Spinnanker

rsbm

1996 - SS
“It was just before 2am when a tired Sarah Spiers told a friend she was going to grab a cab and head home for the night.” Records show a call was placed at 2.06am, with Sarah telling the taxi dispatcher she would be waiting at the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Road. But when the cab arrived exactly eight minutes later, Sarah had vanished.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-n...-ng-b88337785z

Bunnie Fact: The time between call placed and taxi arrival is correct. The phone she called from was on a main road. Taxi was very close when he received the job.

rsbm

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Western-Australia-15&p=13560402#post13560402

The call was made at 2.03 not before 2am. I was quoting crimestoppers. Bunnie had confirmed this before.

https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/sarah-ellen-spiers/

The following was posted a few pages back and the link is below the post. Bunnie seems to confirm that the time from when SS rang for taxi and it arriving was 8 minutes. Please confirm Bunnie?

Originally Posted by Spinnanker

rsbm

1996 - SS
“It was just before 2am when a tired Sarah Spiers told a friend she was going to grab a cab and head home for the night.” Records show a call was placed at 2.06am, with Sarah telling the taxi dispatcher she would be waiting at the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Road. But when the cab arrived exactly eight minutes later, Sarah had vanished.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-n...-ng-b88337785z

Bunnie Fact: The time between call placed and taxi arrival is correct. The phone she called from was on a main road. Taxi was very close when he received the job.

rsbm

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Western-Australia-15&p=13560402#post13560402
It was 3 minutes not 8. I was responding to the time frame reported in MSM previously is correct.

The rain why there is a slight discrepany between 2.03 2:06 etc is that the time stamp on the computer and the time stamps on the voice recordings were slightly out of sync. The computer time for me is more correct as computer time stamp was newer tech. The voice recordibg system was old tech. It still recorded etc but the time stamp needed synchronizing regularly.

So, the MSM reporting different times may have been going off the voice time stamps.

2009 - Bayley "completed sex offender treatment program in prison" ??? hmmmmm

Thanks drt. May have been the other call. Now that you say that! Wasn't that the apparent reason why he mentioned it.

Thanks no name for the lists even though That list makes me angry... how many chances do you give and at what point do you decide someone is at risk of reoffending? After the 100th assault?

And thanks bunnie for the clarification. So 100% it was from that phone box?

Add:

And 3 minutes!! That's insane! Is it possible the cab driver just doesn't want to admit he passed off the call?

Add:

And 3 minutes!! That's insane! Is it possible the cab driver just doesn't want to admit he passed off the call?
Yes, definitely from that corner.
And the destination was to a reasonable suburb with a chance of picking up some sort of airport work shortly after. He would want that fare.

I can't answer with quote atm.
To respond to your question (Spooks) regarding how I came up with the Bruce Rock area:

I chose a central starting point, GPO Perth. Any other more relevant starting point would be equally as acceptable.

Then I looked at co-ordinates if a body were East (as the others were North and South of Perth). IIRC we have had profilers suggest East.

It seems logical that if the person disposing of the body wanted to remember where they left it (especially in a remote location) then they would need to have something that they could recall easily?

They would probably not use their own name exactly even if it fitted.

BUT they may use letters from their own name? Especially if it made up a word they could remember easily.

We would all be aware of the words in our own names.

The word ARSE has many different connotations - smartarse / arsehole ..............

Think about young men in their twenties and the words that appeal to them ...................

Think about the connection with a nickname from school ..............

There may very well be starting points that are more relevant / appropriate than the GPO.

I find it hard to imagine that someone who murdered someone would need to invent some intricate code to remember where they left the body.

I find it hard to imagine that someone who murdered someone would need to invent some intricate code to remember where they left the body.

I find it hard to imagine that a serial killer could sit in plain sight for decades.

I can't answer with quote atm.
To respond to your question (Spooks) regarding how I came up with the Bruce Rock area:

I chose a central starting point, GPO Perth. Any other more relevant starting point would be equally as acceptable.

Then I looked at co-ordinates if a body were East (as the others were North and South of Perth). IIRC we have had profilers suggest East.

It seems logical that if the person disposing of the body wanted to remember where they left it (especially in a remote location) then they would need to have something that they could recall easily?

They would probably not use their own name exactly even if it fitted.

BUT they may use letters from their own name? Especially if it made up a word they could remember easily.

We would all be aware of the words in our own names.

The word ARSE has many different connotations - smartarse / arsehole ..............

Think about young men in their twenties and the words that appeal to them ...................

Think about the connection with a nickname from school ..............

There may very well be starting points that are more relevant / appropriate than the GPO.

Ok thanks
Got it up to this point .
Then how did the letters transform into coordinates?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Correction to my post - SS was apparently seen with a tall dark haired man in the foyer of her apartment block on the morning of 26th Jan 1996 not 27th Jan 1996. This date has not been confirmed. IMO

Article is posted on websleuths here. Taxi had dropped SS and a man off at the Windsor hotel on Thursday night 25th Jan. Man had pushed SS out paid fare and got out with her near her flat in South Perth. Separate witness saw SS with a tall dark haired man in her apartment block on morning of 26th Jan. Seems taxi driver did not report this immediately although witness did, put police didn't do anything about it.

If the abduction of the girls was not a random event with the only common denominator being Claremont, he could have been the one to pick her up the next night before the taxi arrived. So who is he, if this was the case? I'm sure the cops would have been interested in both of these witness now. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1gayimy0/AABtQA-5pkhnDxq6J7YuW5Cua?dl=0

This may support apop suggesting there may have been something different with SS, and maybe the body is buried where he doesn't want it found. I find the suggestions that he may have moved the body a little hard to manage, but I would not be surprised if he has items or photographs that he has kept and perhaps like AL is suggesting has buried somewhere REALLY close. Close to where he lived (Eagles nest in Wicca Park), close to him (SD or someone or a relative he is close to or holds on a pedastool)?

However, it is all a little difficult to image without more facts and that's make makes me more interested in the person leaving clues that turn up on Google maps or is capable of high level maths and spatial positioning.

"I was standing around in the foyer (of a block of flats in South Perth) pondering whether it was too early to knock on the door to talk about rent," said the alleged witness who's name, age, street address and Suburb appears in this article (strange for The Post to dox an alleged witness - what's Brett Christian trying to tell us here?)> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1...xq6J7YuW5Cua?dl=0&preview=I+saw+Sarah+too.pdf

What time is too early? (I'll assume that Sarah Spiers would've been in the habit of leaving Claremont around a similar time to the following night).
Do landlords loiter around foyers at 02:30 am to collect rent on a Public Holiday?
And how sure is this witness is of the date?
Was this sighting on the early hours of Friday morning (public holiday), or not?
Why would Sarah, who obviously does ring up for Taxi's, not ring up for a Taxi on the night before when Ross allegedly picked her up?
IMO there is a lot of funny things going on in the timeline of events reported by these alleged witnesses..

What's the 'thing' about having scarey clown pics in Perth users profile albums on facebook? It was a dumb fad anyway.

At the time of the arrest there was a person on here who was brilliant with co-ordinates. Are they still commenting? Could someone who is good with co-ordinates have a look at this please.

Most of you thought that Bruce Rock was too far out. Fair enough at this point.

We all wondered why certain things were left public ................ I have been toying with YODA. (No luck. Either comes out at Broken Hill or in the water off Rottnest).

Not being into Star Wars I googled where YODA lived, and the word I got was DAGOBAH.

Playing around with co-ordinates linked to DAGOBAH (on the system used last year A=1 B=2) some very interesting locations appeared on the Longitude near Rockingham.

Mundijong Road Oldbury near Telephone Lane was one of them.

Exact locations depend on the placement of the last few numbers that is why I would like input from someone who is good with co-ordinates. TIA.
MOO

Add:

Three blokes in a car travelling down Stirling Rd onto Stirling Hwy saw her at the phonebox and car lights following them. However that can never came out onto Stirling Hwy.

I think the 3 minutes is too short for someone to try to force her into a car, she could easily have ran the few metres to Stirling Hwy. IMO she got into the car willingly and was gone when the taxi arrived 3 minutes after her call. If all her friends have been cleared of picking her up, my suspicion is on the guy whom she may have spent the night with the night before.

Did Sarah Spiers have a mobile phone with her that night she was last seen?

"I was standing around in the foyer (of a block of flats in South Perth) pondering whether it was too early to knock on the door to talk about rent," said the alleged witness who's name, age, street address and Suburb appears in this article (strange for The Post to dox an alleged witness - what's Brett Christian trying to tell us here?)> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1...xq6J7YuW5Cua?dl=0&preview=I+saw+Sarah+too.pdf

What time is too early? (I'll assume that Sarah Spiers would've been in the habit of leaving Claremont around a similar time to the following night).
Do landlords loiter around foyers at 02:30 am to collect rent on a Public Holiday?
And how sure is this witness is of the date?
Was this sighting on the early hours of Friday morning (public holiday), or not?
Why would Sarah, who obviously does ring up for Taxi's, not ring up for a Taxi on the night before when Ross allegedly picked her up?
IMO there is a lot of funny things going on in the timeline of events reported by these alleged witnesses..

What's the 'thing' about having scarey clown pics in Perth users profile albums on facebook? It was a dumb fad anyway.

IMO anyone who gives his name, address, saying he owned an investment property in the same block of flats as SS, reported the sighting as soon as the missing posters came out, even though he couldn't figure out why she would have been at South Perth (she lived there but he didn't know that as it wasn't published at time, as she didn't disappear from there or order a taxi to go there on the night she disapeared) is a genuine witness and Post is pointing out that line of Inquiry was ignored even though it independently backs up SR's story, no matter how dodgy SR seems or has been portrayed.

Too early on a holiday or Saturday could have been 8.00 - 8.30 am, he wouldn't even need to wonder if it was 2.00 am you would know it was too early, IMO.

Got nothing on the scary clown!?!

Three blokes in a car travelling down Stirling Rd onto Stirling Hwy saw her at the phonebox and car lights following them. However that can never came out onto Stirling Hwy.

I think the 3 minutes is too short for someone to try to force her into a car, she could easily have rang the few metres to Stirling Hwy. IMO she got into the car willingly and was gone when the taxi arrived 3 minutes after her call. If all her friends have been cleared of picking her up, my suspicion is on the guy whom she may have spent the night with the night before.

Hi Innerchild - it makes sense that it could have been the guy she was seen with the previous morning. She would just jump straight in his car if he pulled up and called her. She may have been hoping to see him at the Claremont Hotel earlier. Then he shows up in his car. I have wondered why she left the friends and went off on her own. A bit like JR didn't stay with her friends. Maybe both girls were hoping he would pick them up. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie