Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.westpix.com.au/preview.asp?image=TWA-0060900&itemw=4&itemf=0001&itemstep=1&itemx=16

Claremont serial killings - Macro Task Force show jewellery similiar to that belonging to Ciara Glennon (brooch) and Sarah Spiers (key ring).

By:* Ron D'Raine

Image ID:*TWA-0060900

Date Reference:*7 May 2001

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
dadfe15b52707c229af589568b42b73c.jpg

Typical Winter time at Cottesloe.
For sleuths from the northern hemisphere, winter in Perth is June to August.
IMO would've been difficult to get Julie's car into the water without getting drenched and risking possibly getting washed off the groyne.
https://www.westpix.com.au/preview.asp?image=TWA-0071328&itemw=4&itemf=0008&itemstep=1&itemx=16
53704792f3eb02cf9abda83b02f72185.jpg

Sculpures by the sea are being moved up the beach as the swell is threating to wash them away. The Cottesloe Surf Life Saving Club tower is also moved away from the ocean. Picture: Ian Munro The West Australian 13/03/17

By:* Ian Munro

Image ID:*TWA-0064853

Date Reference:*14 March 2017

https://www.westpix.com.au/preview.asp?image=TWA-0064853&itemw=4&itemf=0008&itemstep=1&itemx=70
8c678fa6ac36f102b8c8a557911c427d.jpg

Sculpures by the sea are being moved up the beach as the swell is threating to wash them away. The Cottesloe Surf Life Saving Club tower is also moved away from the ocean. Picture: Ian Munro The West Australian 13/03/17

By:* Ian Munro

Image ID:*TWA-0064853

Date Reference:*14 March 2017

https://www.westpix.com.au/preview.asp?image=TWA-0064853&itemw=4&itemf=0008&itemstep=1&itemx=70
8c678fa6ac36f102b8c8a557911c427d.jpg

No drop off in this picture of the road to the groyne. And police did say in 1988 that sand drifts crossed the roadway.
https://www.westpix.com.au/preview.asp?image=WAN-0000844&itemw=4&itemf=0008&itemstep=601&itemx=691
773ee3fe238eabce272f76fae7d82541.jpg

No drop off in this picture of the road to the groyne. And police did say in 1988 that sand drifts crossed the roadway.
https://www.westpix.com.au/preview.asp?image=WAN-0000844&itemw=4&itemf=0008&itemstep=601&itemx=691

The sand is such a variable, I would go to Watersun one weekend and walk down the log and chain path to the beach, 2 weeks later the path would be hanging in the air with the sand gouged out by a high tide then a few weeks later dumped back again. The one thing we know is that somehow the car got into the ocean, the question is was JC in it or not, I personally don't think so. Was it an abduction or staged disappearance.

Could this scenario be a possibility….. After leaving the Parmelia hotel, en route home, JC pulled into the roadway/driveway - for a toilet stop (meaning the roadway/driveway within the image provided by Petedavo).

The car was accidently left out of gear and rolled down the slope into the ocean. JC tried to stop the car from rolling but was pushed into the water, then drowned and was washed out to sea. JC went missing during winter.

The contents from JCs car toppled into the ocean and scattered. Eventually the bag washed up, miles away, and someone binned it.

Does anyone still have the image of Cottesloe beach engulfed with water during winter? That image would establish that the water can encroach on the beach. I think Petedavo or Spooks posted it beforehand.

I don’t have an explanation for the Fiat’s back seat or the uniform.

attachment.php
Could this scenario be a possibility….. After leaving the Parmelia hotel, en route home, JC pulled into the roadway/driveway - for a toilet stop (meaning the roadway/driveway within the image provided by Petedavo).

The car was accidently left out of gear and rolled down the slope into the ocean. JC tried to stop the car from rolling but was pushed into the water, then drowned and was washed out to sea. JC went missing during winter.

The contents from JCs car toppled into the ocean and scattered. Eventually the bag washed up, miles away, and someone binned it.

Does anyone still have the image of Cottesloe beach engulfed with water during winter? That image would establish that the water can encroach on the beach. I think Petedavo or Spooks posted it beforehand.

I don’t have an explanation for the Fiat’s back seat or the uniform.
Below are two images of Cottesloe Beach. An example of tides which have risen and encroached upon the beach.
Regarding the image of people standing on what looks like a driveway. Could it be possible the LBF went into the ocean from there?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Cottesloe beach 1.jpg
    Cottesloe beach 1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Cottesloe Beach.jpg
    Cottesloe Beach.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 151
attachment.php

Below are two images of Cottesloe Beach. An example of tides which have risen and encroached upon the beach.
Regarding the image of people standing on what looks like a driveway. Could it be possible the LBF went into the ocean from there?
attachment.php
Just have to keep in mind that the Indiana building didn't exist and the forecourt was therefore much wider back then. It was originally a carpark in the 1960's and dad parked under the wooden promenade before it was demolished. So entry to the beach via the access road used to be very easy. There are steps and a carpark on the mortgage of Indiana now too. Not sure when vehicle access was restricted and the carpark under the pines was stopped though.

Repost::
Physical oceanographer
On the swells direction :
" around *287.5, degrees

then jumps/spikes to *319

and *343 degrees or so ."

*important ! See compass .

Rottnest island doesn't create a major swell shadow on Cottesloe beach during west-north-west swell events .

At rare times most likely in winter the waves will go above 2-3 metres at cott & metro beaches .

So far during 2017 , there has not been a swell event in WA as big as the event 17-19 june 1988 !
Indicating just how rare it is ,
It may not occur every year .
This was a remarkable swell event way back in june 17-20th june .

Plus in the early AM hours of the 22nd june another dangerous swell event was recorded with a massive 22 second period.
Although not tall, these waves were moving twice the average wave speed . These conditions are the deadly type of waves that wash rock fishermen into the ocean / & drowned .
Articles links have been supplied about this.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13393864

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13393776

"Swell was quite west as expected " quote po

Cottesloe beach geographical location is exposed to swells from this direction ie ; Swell angle of northwest :

Physical oceanographer
On the swells direction :
" around *287.5, degrees

then jumps/spikes to *319

and *343 degrees or so ."

*important ! See compass .
Cottesloe beach geographical location is exposed to swells from the Swell from the northwest :
These swells may be truly from a west or wsw direction .
They then refract around the Northside of Rottnest .
The west side of Rottnest was 5 metres decreasing and a few hours later cott educated guess ; 2.5 metre because;
The swell was able to bypass around the northside of Rottnest island .
Rottnest doesn't create a major swell shadow on Cottesloe beach during west-north-west swell events .

Wave height and power is lost as the swells travel over shallow water .
This is called 'wave attenuation due to bottom friction'

Only at rare times will the waves will go above 2-3 metres at cott metro beaches .

So far during 2017 , there has not been Any swell event in WA as big as the heights recorded 17-19 june 1988 ! (according to dotr buoy data)
It may not occur every year , this was a remarkable swell buoy reading .

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13393992

During the time frame of 1am - until mid morning on the 20th june the waves would still have been big (for cott standard) imo .

Theres also a window during the early morning hours on the 22nd june that the waves may have had the power to damage, accident or drown whatever etc it may have been .

swimming conditions were fine on the 21st absolutely.

See link and graph of the frequency ,
This is when a 'long period swell' arrives
Metic,

Many thanks for this information. You've obviously performed a lot of research regarding the matter. I've highlighted in red the information pertaining to the dates in which JCs car was within the Indian Ocean at Cottesloe Beach. Hopefully, this settles the ongoing debate, and finally proves that the weather conditions on West Australia's coast were severe at the time.

There's also the old bell which would have caused damage to the Fiat.

JC was last seen 12.30am Monday 20th June. Fiat located in ocean on Wed 22nd June

I know most people are sick of the weather debate but think we need to get this correct. I think the big storm metic is talking about was from Friday 24th June which is the only time winds were NW as well, not 17 and 18th June. West and SW swells are protected by groyne and Rottnest Island. Normal sea breeze in summer is 20 to 25 knots, which is fairly strong.

Summary from the West Australian (detailed weather maps attached if interested)

Friday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Temp 16.1 at 10.10 pm and 21.5 at 11.30am

Saturday 18[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Morning showers. Outlook fine. Temp 14 – 20. West to SW winds 15knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas 1 m on a swell to 2.5 m.

Sunday 19[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Temp min 13.6 at 8.50 pm and max 20.6 at 11.45 am.

Monday 20[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: SW winds at 10 to 15 knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas should be 1 m on a swell of 3 m. Temp 10.7 degrees at 7.30 am and max 18.4 degrees at 2.25pm.

Tuesday 21[SUP]st[/SUP] June 1988 Forecast Perth fine and cool. North East winds 5 to 12 knots. Seas should be 0.5 m on a swell to 2.5 m. Temp 8 – 19 degrees.

Extended forecast: With a high pressure cell establishing itself over the southern half, fine conditions should persist over the State until late tomorrow. A front should approach the coast tomorrow night and cross the lower west coast on Thursday.

Wednesday 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] June 1988 Forecast Fine. Outlook showers developing. Temp 10 – 20 degrees.
Fine and sunny conditions prevailed through the northern half, while the southern half experienced similar conditions at 4.00pm yesterday. A high pressure system was located over the Eucla and is presently bringing fine weather to almost the whole state. These conditions should persist except for the extreme SW corner where isolated showers are forecast. With clear skies and light winds inland areas should be in for another cold night with local frosts in the southern half. The seasonal fine weather should persist in the northern half.
Extended forecast.
The high pressure system should continue to move east and a cold front is expected to approach the west coast during tomorrow evening. This should bring a renewal of showers to the lower SW. The weakening front should pass through he SW land division on Friday.

Thursday 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] June 1988
Seasonal dry conditions continued in the northern half while fine weather prevailed in the south at 4.00 pm yesterday. Extended forecast: The high should continue to drift eastwards, allowing cold front to approach the SW today.

Friday 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: A low pressure system in the eastern Indian Ocean has continued to deepen. A frontal cloud band associated with this system has become well defined and is approaching the lower west coast. Strong NW winds precede the front and there are cold west and SW winds off shore behind a second front. The main frontal band should have moved slowly into the SW land division last night and today bringing rain and some thunder storms. Some rain should reach Eastern agricultural areas tomorrow night. The reminder of the state should be fine with above normal temperatures and gusty northerly winds to the east of the frontal region.
Extended forecast: Cold southerly winds are expected to spread into the SW of the state tomorrow night and Saturday behind the fronts. The low pressure system and its fronts, should weaken rapidly in the latter part of the weekend, and a new high pressure ridge should develop fairly rapidly over the SW on Sunday.
North West winds at 20 to 30 knots becoming westerly at 15 to 22 knots. Seas should be 2.5 m on a swell of 3 m.

This is a miracle to me the missing evidence is now found to 110% support my theory .
Just as ive been saying ,
3metre for cott on the 20th !

And 2.5meyre for the 21st !

From the information above.

"18th Seas 1 m on a swell to 2.5 METRE

"Monday 20thJune 1988: Seas should be 1 m on a swell of 3 METRE

Tuesday 21st June Seas should be 0.5 m on a swell to 2.5 METRE

24th seas should be 2.5 m on a swell of 3 METRE"

The sand is such a variable, I would go to Watersun one weekend and walk down the log and chain path to the beach, 2 weeks later the path would be hanging in the air with the sand gouged out by a high tide then a few weeks later dumped back again. The one thing we know is that somehow the car got into the ocean, the question is was JC in it or not, I personally don't think so. Was it an abduction or staged disappearance.

IMO this was a planned abduction with a staged crime scene. JC was stalked, they knew exactly where she lived and where she would be that night, her abductors had this planned meticulously. I think with the subsequent disappearance of the other three girls that her going to Iona was important as well. I know Jane didn't, but her employer/owner of the childcare centre she worked at went to Iona.

The question for me is why did the car end up in the Cott ocean? In every scenario where she was abducted (and most in going missing) the car could have been disposed of anywhere else. It only makes sense if you consider that this was a major event and not just a disappearance.

IMO it was the important for the start of the geographic spatial body positioning. JR and CG making a line going through cnr Bay View and St Quentins in Claremont, and JC a line thought the same intersection joining with SS. All my opinion only.

This is a miracle to me the missing evidence is now found to 110% support my theory .
Just as ive been saying ,
3metre for cott on the 20th !

And 2.5meyre for the 21st !

From the information above.

"18th Seas 1 m on a swell to 2.5 METRE

"Monday 20thJune 1988: Seas should be 1 m on a swell of 3 METRE

Tuesday 21st June Seas should be 0.5 m on a swell to 2.5 METRE

Seas should be 2.5 m on a swell of 3 METRE"

Seas should be 2.5 m on a swell of 3 METRE... on Friday 24th June, when the storm front rolled in. Not the 20th, 21st or 22nd.

Monday 20[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: SW winds at 10 to 15 knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas should be 1 m on a swell of 3 m. Temp 10.7 degrees at 7.30 am and max 18.4 degrees at 2.25pm.

Tuesday 21[SUP]st[/SUP] June 1988 Forecast Perth fine and cool. North East winds 5 to 12 knots. Seas should be 0.5 m on a swell to 2.5 m. Temp 8 – 19 degrees.

It was calm, low waves and light wind SW to NE.

You have a clear picture of the waves to put with the weather on the 22nd June 1988. Your big storm came in two days after the car was recovered.

attachment.php

Source Sunday Times July 14 2000.

Shame it wasn't the West Australian and image available on Westpix.

Attachments

• Car_JC_Cott.jpg
    Car_JC_Cott.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 169
I walked the same route for 3 yrs. The part of the scenario that I thought odd about the clothes was JC was seen in her car after she finished work so presumably she would have left the clothes bag in the car if she had gone somewhere in the city after work. They should have been able to get DNA from arm pits if the police did keep that evidence to see if it was JC's belongings. Would the Kebab place have been open if there was something on at His Majesty' s theatre.
I’ve given some more thought to this. JC was last seen at her Fiat, but not actually getting into it.

Perhaps when JC got to her car she realized she didn’t have her wallet. Left her car, hurriedly retraced her steps taken earlier that day to look for the wallet. On route, losing the bag with the uniform.

However, the wallet was always at home.

Perhaps JC wasn’t aware her wallet wasn’t with her until after the function and at the car.

The cleaner found the bag with the uniform and took it to the kebab shop – perhaps the only shop open that hour of the morning. I’m not sure if it was open or not.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/julies-father-wants-an-end-to-familys-pain-ng-b88342268z

I’ve given some more thought to this. JC was last seen at her Fiat, but not actually getting into it.

Perhaps when JC got to her car she realized she didn’t have her wallet. Left her car, hurriedly retraced her steps taken earlier that day to look for the wallet. On route, losing the bag with the uniform.

However, the wallet was always at home.

Perhaps JC wasn’t aware her wallet wasn’t with her until after the function and at the car.

The cleaner found the bag with the uniform and took it to the kebab shop – perhaps the only shop open that hour of the morning. I’m not sure if it was open or not.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/julies-father-wants-an-end-to-familys-pain-ng-b88342268z
Only if the bag was found outside the arcade. Centreways arcade had rolladoors at either entrance that were shut and locked at 6pm and weren't opened again until about 7:30 am the next day. It was my regular route to worm at the SGIO in the 1980's. There is no way that the bag of clothes could enter the arcade at half past midnight.

IMO this was a planned abduction with a staged crime scene. JC was stalked, they knew exactly where she lived and where she would be that night, her abductors had this planned meticulously. I think with the subsequent disappearance of the other three girls that her going to Iona was important as well. I know Jane didn't, but her employer/owner of the childcare centre she worked at went to Iona.

The question for me is why did the car end up in the Cott ocean? In every scenario where she was abducted (and most in going missing) the car could have been disposed of anywhere else. It only makes sense if you consider that this was a major event and not just a disappearance.

IMO it was the important for the start of the geographic spatial body positioning. JR and CG making a line going through cnr Bay View and St Quentins in Claremont, and JC a line thought the same intersection joining with SS. All my opinion only.
IMO, the car was sent down the steep access road maybe in gear and driverless, careering off the end and flipping when it hit the beach, sending it's contents flying, and by pure luck with a rip taking it out whilst it still had some buoyancy, for it to sink later, being discovered when the sea cleared of all the sand and debris after the storm had settled.
Otherwise, every other scenario I've contemplated is too risky, complicated, or dependant on luck of ocean currents doing things to move the car around from other entry points either from the muderup rocks (sundial) or north Cottesloe (surf club boat ramp).And a group of SAS soldiers abducting her and using a helicopter to dispose of her vehicle seems too unlikely, given that flights would be logged with RAAF ATC at Pearce.

IMO, the car was sent down the steep access road maybe in gear and driverless, careering off the end and flipping when it hit the beach, sending it's contents flying, and by pure luck with a rip taking it out whilst it still had some buoyancy, for it to sink later, being discovered when the sea cleared of all the sand and debris after the storm had settled.
Otherwise, every other scenario I've contemplated is too risky, complicated, or dependant on luck of ocean currents doing things to move the car around from other entry points either from the muderup rocks (sundial) or north Cottesloe (surf club boat ramp).And a group of SAS soldiers abducting her and using a helicopter to dispose of her vehicle seems too unlikely, given that flights would be logged with RAAF ATC at Pearce.

Here’s another possible scenario, meaning “part” of a possible scenario…..

Perhaps shortly after the work colleague left, JC was blitz attacked whilst still in the car park. The plastic bag containing the uniform dropped beside her car.

At that point the back seat was dislodged and JC placed within the boot. Perhaps the perpetrator took JC to Cottesloe, removed the car seat entirely and tossed it into the ocean.

The next morning, back at the hotel car park, someone picked up the plastic bag with the uniform, found there wasn’t anything of interest and left it elsewhere.

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee