Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seas should be 2.5 m on a swell of 3 METRE... on Friday 24th June, when the storm front rolled in. Not the 20th, 21st or 22nd.

Monday 20[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: SW winds at 10 to 15 knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas should be 1 m on a swell of 3 m. Temp 10.7 degrees at 7.30 am and max 18.4 degrees at 2.25pm.

Tuesday 21[SUP]st[/SUP] June 1988 Forecast Perth fine and cool. North East winds 5 to 12 knots. Seas should be 0.5 m on a swell to 2.5 m. Temp 8 – 19 degrees.

It was calm, low waves and light wind SW to NE.

You have a clear picture of the waves to put with the weather on the 22nd June 1988. Your big storm came in two days after the car was recovered.

attachment.php

Source Sunday Times July 14 2000.

Shame it wasn't the West Australian and image available on Westpix.

Regarding long period swell damage .
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/n...e.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11885957

"MetService meteorologist Brian Mercer said yesterday's 2m swell was increased by a tide slightly higher than normal and, because the storm was well off the coast, the interval between swells increased.
Even though 2m isn't an enormous height, there is a huge amount of energy in each wave because they have that long period, so are more likely to be destructive and more likely to travel up the beach a little bit further."

Edit; sorry the article doesn't exist anymore but i did get that quote from the article months ago and had posted this info previously . The quote is correct .

These articles are about long period swells .
These swells dont have to be tall in height, and on this day 22nd they weren't particularly high .
(The graphs posted plenty times shows the heights )

On this day 22nd im identifying a "long period swell" which is a scientific term .
Even if small , these small waves are traveling twice the speed (of an 11 second period) and they pack extreme power compared to your average wave .
You see waves travel at different speeds and the term period is the way that the speed is guaged .
From 1sec to 25sec is approximately your range with 25s being the fastest moving , after that its tsunamis and the intervals may be 15min or half hr !

In my posts previously ive detailed this topic more extensively.
These articles are about rock fishermen and "long period swell dangers"
Its common for these events to have very infrequent waves .
Known commonly as "inconsistent surf"
9fa68212bd197943ec8b107fdafa7b56.jpg
a8e446465bf1d622f8133cef6ff818b7.jpg
893ef5a8b95f6f37b5ef1891da5534c0.jpg
376d5d6c179021cf8b7d973aa81214ab.jpg
e77b5f54a7999da98d76cdc7b5e5e109.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Kimono as appeared in press conference in 1988
https://www.westpix.com.au/preview.asp?image=TWA-0061074&itemw=4&itemf=0001&itemstep=1&itemx=28
bd61a48498f263404f02413a4cf1f6ae.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
Petedavo,
Thanks for all the information. I've never realized before that the kimono is quite large. More like a man's kimono.
The accused is 6 foot 1 inch tall.
I assume that he inherited that trait for being tall.
It might be possible that the Kimono was a family member's, hence no one came forward to claim it, possibly knowing it had nothing to do with some murder way back in 88, but an attempt rape, which the family member might've been prepared to cover for as an aberration of a young teenager, on a promise never to do it again.
But years later, when it was reported as DNA linked to CSK cases, then the family member might've decided to come forward and was asked for and volunteered DNA to confirm the Kimono was hers. Which might've been a partial match to the alleged offender DNA already picked up from the Kimono. What did someone call that? Familial DNA or something?
Just my speculation.

attachment.php

Below are two images of Cottesloe Beach. An example of tides which have risen and encroached upon the beach.
Regarding the image of people standing on what looks like a driveway. Could it be possible the LBF went into the ocean from there?
attachment.php

Yes it may have CV , nobody seems to know , we have just gained a big clue .

With the big swell of the 20th the wave action would push the car into shore imo
3 metres is a rare size for metro beaches,
Similar to the photos seen on here with waves roaring into cott beach .

We can be pretty sure of the wave size at least , now we've found supporting evidence .
I hope that evidence can be used to extrapolate ideas about what happened to jcs car between the 20-22 june .

The accused is 6 foot 1 inch tall.
I assume that he inherited that trait for being tall.
It might be possible that the Kimono was a family member's, hence no one came forward to claim it, possibly knowing it had nothing to do with some murder way back in 88, but an attempt rape, which the family member might've been prepared to cover for as an aberration of a young teenager, on a promise never to do it again.
But years later, when it was reported as DNA linked to CSK cases, then the family member might've decided to come forward and was asked for and volunteered DNA to confirm the Kimono was hers. Which might've been a partial match to the alleged offender DNA already picked up from the Kimono. What did someone call that? Familial DNA or something?
Just my speculation.

Cops were definite the kimono was stolen in the arrest press conference. Don't see why they would lie then. However, it seems hard to believe that in the Huntingdale attack, which occurred close to the accused home, the victim didn't recognise the accused. Even if she didn't get a good look at him you would think she might recognise him from his size shape etc.

Perhaps the family might have been prepared to cover up as you say PD. It may not have taken years for him to attack someone else again. If so would the family still be keeping hs secrets and why??

These articles are about long period swells .
These swells dont have to be tall in height, and on this day 22nd they weren't particularly high .
(The graphs posted plenty times shows the heights )

On this day 22nd im identifying a "long period swell" which is a scientific term .
Even if small , these small waves are traveling twice the speed (of an 11 second period) and they pack extreme power compared to your average wave .
You see waves travel at different speeds and the term period is the way that the speed is guaged .
From 1sec to 25sec is approximately your range with 25s being the fastest moving , after that its tsunamis and the intervals may be 15min or half hr !

In my posts previously ive detailed this topic more extensively.
These articles are about rock fishermen and "long period swell dangers"
Its common for these events to have very infrequent waves .
Known commonly as "inconsistent surf"
9fa68212bd197943ec8b107fdafa7b56.jpg
a8e446465bf1d622f8133cef6ff818b7.jpg
893ef5a8b95f6f37b5ef1891da5534c0.jpg
376d5d6c179021cf8b7d973aa81214ab.jpg
e77b5f54a7999da98d76cdc7b5e5e109.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk
Awesome research Met!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the big swell of the 20th the wave action would push the car into shore imo

We can be pretty sure of the wave size at least , now we've found supporting evidence .
I hope that evidence can be used to extrapolate ideas about what happened to jcs car between the 20-22 june .

Interesting... This was not hard information to find yet for months youhave been posting about the graph telling everyone there were 6 m to 7 m swells but the graphs you put up was for Albany, 4km west of Rotto and Cape Naturaliste. You said there were storms on the weekend of 17 to 19th June 1988. Incorrect. But it came from an expert so it must be correct? There was a high pressure system over the state.

The information that I found was not for Cottesloe beach but local waters and there was a SW wind 10 to 15 knots and decreasing. If you remember I posted many photos in June this year of Cottesoe beach when you were telling me it had 2 to 3 metre swells with very little waves. Yes it was SW winds at the time. Blame it on the wave length you say?

Maybe JC's car wasn't even in the water on the 20th. You have posted that the car with headlights on mentioned in at least three articles didn't mean headlights on and it must had been hidden for 2 days despite it being in the exact spot the bobbies went everyday, not including all the other beach users.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...97-Perth-WA-14/page62&p=13393776#post13393776

Quote metic: Quote from *researcher; " it was a stormy period ! i think currents definitely would have been north to south… and big waves too" Initial reply from Physical oceanographer ....Also of note ;
It was stormy wild wet winter weather conditions before the 21st and after the 23rd which must have made searching very difficult . Not surprisingly the car was found during the (only) finest day of all the period 15th-28th june 1988.

These are some of the sources of this information. This is the source of *researchers information. http://www.ecmwf.int/en/research/cli...is/era-interim * Doctor of Physical Oceanography
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_oceanography
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/591c6c0d...al_Society.pdf

And more;
"the wave model data for that time period ; 2 big swell events , up to 7 m at Cape Naturaliste (blue) and 6 m at Rottnest Island (white). red is cottesloe, but that is not properly resolved in the model. Green is Albany.

Awesome research Met!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Incredible coincidence happened last night.
Ive been trying to prove for near 6 months that cott beach had big waves (for cott standard) the days before the 20th and even the 20th .
By chance it sems IC included that elusive and important info with a perth metro waters swell forecast post # 514
It said on that forecast for perth metro water (educated guess that its metro waters ) swell to 3 metres on the 20th !

Ive always said i think the waves could have been 2-3 metres at cott beach.
Throughout the 6 months i repeated that was what i believed had occured .

Thats why this is a eureka moment because ic provided a report from the newspaper from june at that time and it has information that is surpassing the sizes i suggested , completely amazing.
3metres on the 20th and 2.5 metres on 21st !
As long as that newspaper is legit then this can finally confirm ive been correct all along .

Quotes from previous articles :
"At rare times most likely in winter the waves will go above 2-3 metres at cott & metro beaches ."

"As long as you can read synoptic charts its easy to plot wind and current paths .
A lot of the guesswork is eliminated.
For example the night of the 20th when jc first dissappeared, the waves would have been banging loudly and the waves possibly up to 2-3 metres high .

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13393864

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13393992

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13413663

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13413721

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13415786

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckmuhehwv2xv1w0/ECMWF_wind_pressure_june_15-26_1988 (1).pdf?dl=0

Theres 44 maps here that show the wind direction as plotted by the physical oceanographer .
Have a good look if you want to find out what the winds were !

I wonder if BRE will thin up somewhat before trial? Yep his neck is nothing like the Psychic taskforce pic. Guess BRE stressed out & got on the piss a bit. Maybe he is not a great cook either. Snags & spuds. He has something in common with Catherine Burnie as it looks like she was not taught many culinary skills before arrest either. From what I know.

You say he has something in common with Catherine Birnie. Maybe its not cooking skills, what else could it be?

Interesting... This was not hard information to find yet for months youhave been posting about the graph telling everyone there were 6 m to 7 m swells but the graphs you put up was for Albany, 4km west of Rotto and Cape Naturaliste. You said there were storms on the weekend of 17 to 19th June 1988. Incorrect. But it came from an expert so it must be correct? There was a high pressure system over the state.

The information that I found was not for Cottesloe beach but local waters and there was a SW wind 10 to 15 knots and decreasing. If you remember I posted many photos in June this year of Cottesoe beach when you were telling me it had 2 to 3 metre swells with very little waves. Yes it was SW winds at the time. Blame it on the wave length you say?

Maybe JC's car wasn't even in the water on the 20th. You have posted that the car with headlights on mentioned in at least three articles didn't mean headlights on and it must had been hidden for 2 days despite it being in the exact spot the bobbies went everyday, not including all the other beach users.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...97-Perth-WA-14/page62&p=13393776#post13393776

Quote metic: Quote from *researcher; " it was a stormy period ! i think currents definitely would have been north to south… and big waves too" Initial reply from Physical oceanographer ....Also of note ;
It was stormy wild wet winter weather conditions before the 21st and after the 23rd which must have made searching very difficult . Not surprisingly the car was found during the (only) finest day of all the period 15th-28th june 1988.

These are some of the sources of this information. This is the source of *researchers information. http://www.ecmwf.int/en/research/cli...is/era-interim * Doctor of Physical Oceanography
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_oceanography
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/591c6c0d...al_Society.pdf

And more;
"the wave model data for that time period ; 2 big swell events , up to 7 m at Cape Naturaliste (blue) and 6 m at Rottnest Island (white). red is cottesloe, but that is not properly resolved in the model. Green is Albany.

Quote ic : "This was not hard information to find"

Yeah amazing ic , cant say i didnt ask though, because i did many times . Wayback before i called the Oceanographer to help i asked on ws if someone would email bom to request archives and check newspapers . For months i discussed with other sleuths, how i could source the info .

I live in remote outback aswell, theres lots of things out of my league.
So thank you ic , for finding this , better late than never [emoji122]

The storm im talking about was in the ocean, west south west of perth .
It can be seen as a big patch of red in the color maps about the 18th .

I describe this storm enthusiastically because its what created the extraordinary large swells .
Spotlighted it because it created the big waves and rough conditions !

Using the wind direction i estimated where the currents might have flowed etc etc .

I've repeatedly offered to answer questions about my theory , so feel free to ask .

The 44 maps can be looked at one by one they're beauties !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckmu..._15-26_1988 (1).pdf?dl=0

Ic , please can we accept that those waves were big just as the information says !
[emoji111]peace & move forth for JC .

I know most people are sick of the weather debate but think we need to get this correct. I think the big storm metic is talking about was from Friday 24th June which is the only time winds were NW as well, not 17 and 18th June. West and SW swells are protected by groyne and Rottnest Island. Normal sea breeze in summer is 20 to 25 knots, which is fairly strong.

Summary from the West Australian (detailed weather maps attached if interested)

Friday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Temp 16.1 at 10.10 pm and 21.5 at 11.30am

Saturday 18[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Morning showers. Outlook fine. Temp 14 – 20. West to SW winds 15knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas 1 m on a swell to 2.5 m.

Sunday 19[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Temp min 13.6 at 8.50 pm and max 20.6 at 11.45 am.

Monday 20[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: SW winds at 10 to 15 knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas should be 1 m on a swell of 3 m. Temp 10.7 degrees at 7.30 am and max 18.4 degrees at 2.25pm.

Tuesday 21[SUP]st[/SUP] June 1988 Forecast Perth fine and cool. North East winds 5 to 12 knots. Seas should be 0.5 m on a swell to 2.5 m. Temp 8 – 19 degrees.

Extended forecast: With a high pressure cell establishing itself over the southern half, fine conditions should persist over the State until late tomorrow. A front should approach the coast tomorrow night and cross the lower west coast on Thursday.

Wednesday 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] June 1988 Forecast Fine. Outlook showers developing. Temp 10 – 20 degrees.
Fine and sunny conditions prevailed through the northern half, while the southern half experienced similar conditions at 4.00pm yesterday. A high pressure system was located over the Eucla and is presently bringing fine weather to almost the whole state. These conditions should persist except for the extreme SW corner where isolated showers are forecast. With clear skies and light winds inland areas should be in for another cold night with local frosts in the southern half. The seasonal fine weather should persist in the northern half.
Extended forecast.
The high pressure system should continue to move east and a cold front is expected to approach the west coast during tomorrow evening. This should bring a renewal of showers to the lower SW. The weakening front should pass through he SW land division on Friday.

Thursday 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] June 1988
Seasonal dry conditions continued in the northern half while fine weather prevailed in the south at 4.00 pm yesterday. Extended forecast: The high should continue to drift eastwards, allowing cold front to approach the SW today.

Friday 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: A low pressure system in the eastern Indian Ocean has continued to deepen. A frontal cloud band associated with this system has become well defined and is approaching the lower west coast. Strong NW winds precede the front and there are cold west and SW winds off shore behind a second front. The main frontal band should have moved slowly into the SW land division last night and today bringing rain and some thunder storms. Some rain should reach Eastern agricultural areas tomorrow night. The reminder of the state should be fine with above normal temperatures and gusty northerly winds to the east of the frontal region.
Extended forecast: Cold southerly winds are expected to spread into the SW of the state tomorrow night and Saturday behind the fronts. The low pressure system and its fronts, should weaken rapidly in the latter part of the weekend, and a new high pressure ridge should develop fairly rapidly over the SW on Sunday.
North West winds at 20 to 30 knots becoming westerly at 15 to 22 knots. Seas should be 2.5 m on a swell of 3 m.

Can you please give a reference as to where this excellent information originated , TIA !

All Very important to me .
Have Put hours into researching the weather in june "88.
Reading posts from 6 months ago can see at that stage i was asking for assistance and starting to form an idea for my jc/car theory .
i was interested to research the ocean conditions surrounding JCs car.
Seeing im very familiar with weather hindcasting .
Sensing that the weather could be telling?
Theres was many things learned along the way too .
Ive made countless posts on the subject so hopefully most of you know already the clues .

IC , i dont know why your being critical of the use of Rott , Nat & Alb ?

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/imarine/tide-and-wave-data-current.asp

Clearly cottesloe didnt provide a reading ,
3 other buoys gave data, its easy to guesstimate the swell sizes , no worries at all .
Thats typical , not unusual for a buoy to be offline .

Theres more buoys BtW ;
jurien , mandurah, esperance, cape du couedic sa, pt nepean vic , cape sorrell tas .
theyre all valuable observation stations . im very familiar with them and how they each work (except pt nepean).

Been studying them for over 10-15 years, buoys are my forte .
Before i took up sleuthing, buoy data and synoptic charts etc etc was what i worked with . Ask anything about it ..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13312482

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13312798

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13314911

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13319211

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13321056

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13321340

Some of these quotes were posted before
aquiring the 44 picture weather details . So minor errors by me possible .

The physical oceanographer made the plots himself a qualified professional .
Doctor of Physical Oceanography at UWA .

I think you all can give the wave theory a rest. It is wasting your time. It won't solve the case. Get out there in the dune tracks nth & south of cott. Find 30 at the same time.

Cops were definite the kimono was stolen in the arrest press conference. Don't see why they would lie then. However, it seems hard to believe that in the Huntingdale attack, which occurred close to the accused home, the victim didn't recognise the accused. Even if she didn't get a good look at him you would think she might recognise him from his size shape etc.

Perhaps the family might have been prepared to cover up as you say PD. It may not have taken years for him to attack someone else again. If so would the family still be keeping hs secrets and why??
My comment was only a speculative exercise in fitting known facts to a scenario of how familial DNA could be involved, without any family member being arrested for anything, which some had been quick to speculate on without any evidence. If you note the timeline in my speculative exercise, you'll note that I'm saying that they came forward when the Kimono was resurrected in the Media and that any suspicion that might of been withheld was only back in 1980's.
There's nothing to prove this scenario is correct in any way.

I think you all can give the wave theory a rest. It is wasting your time. It won't solve the case. Get out there in the dune tracks nth & south of cott. Find 30 at the same time.
We all know where the car ended up. Whether the events pertaining to Julie Cutler: vehicle incident on Stirling Hwy, break-in at her home, car dumped in the ocean, wallet at home and bag of clothes in the CBD are all connected to her disappearance can be answered might not ever be known.
We can only work upon scenarios of if they are, and if they are just mere coincidences.

Metic,

Here's the first of the extrapolating, if that's a correct word (LOL)

It was during winter when JCs car went into the ocean – between Mon 20 AM to Wed 22 June 1988. During that period the beach would have been very secluded at night. If the perpetrator/abductor was responsible for the car entering the ocean, perhaps he thought it would get washed out to sea, instead the car remained closer to the beach.

The link attachment is an example of a 1963 Fiat sedan, similar to JCs car. JCs Fiat was two-tone coloured but with a majority of gunmetal grey. Please let me know if the example is incorrect.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1963 Fiat Sedan.jpg
    1963 Fiat Sedan.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 117

Innerchild,
My thoughts are that families keep quiet because of embarrassment.

Possible the victim did have a suspicion it was BRE who attacked her, also possible the kimono was traced back as belonging to his household and it was claimed on questioning that the kimono was stolen by an outsider off their clothesline putting distance between BRE and the crime. He may have even found someone to alibi him at that time and it left the police without enough to proceed with a charge.

It's likely imo BRE's name was already in the old Huntingdale file as a suspect enabling the police on the re-opening to put a name to the DNA they already had fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunyaBizness54