Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to the JC search for the function held in Cottesloe. Another venue is the Royal Freshwater Yacht Club.
Also, the Cottesloe Hotel.

LW studied with JC
LW lived in Eric Street
Distance from Eric street to where JC's car was found.
Just stating facts

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-10-12 19.40.31.png
    Screenshot 2017-10-12 19.40.31.png
    200 KB · Views: 126
Below is another incident which was initiated in Cottesloe…

Eighteen months after JC - Late 1989 a Teenager was abducted from her car, at the car park opposite Cottesloe Hotel – bundled into the back of a station wagon. Attempted rape at Lakeway drive-in Swanbourne. Escaped but was recaptured back in Claremont. He was aged about 30 and hard whiskers. Post Newsp.

Notes: Holden commodore VS Series I Station Wagon was released April 1995
In December 1989 BRE was only 21

Just 1 possible scenario -- walk home killer

1 they attack JC and kill her in the car, likely through cutting or stabbing the victim
2 When they realise the mess made in the car they hastily come up with a plan to destroy the evidence --(dump in the ocean)
3 When working out where to dump it, they think of somewhere familiar where they know they can get away with the least risk of being seen
4 They live in or near Cottesloe, so choose to dump the car there.

The reason I think this is not totally out of the realm of possibility is because the choice to dump the car in the ocean, although effective in this case, seems like a pretty difficult option unless there was evidence to destroy and you didn't want to burn it. I would say the key reason they chose not to burn was this was a more risky option for them than driving it into the ocean. A burning car gets attention at night and if the killer had no ability to burn and drive away (e.g. they didn't have their car with them), it was possibly more convenient to drive it near their place and into the water.

I also think the car in the ocean suggests this was not premeditated but rather an act of rage, possibly due to rejection of their advances towards her.

Another possibility is always there was one or more accomplices.

Yes my thoughts exactly.

Innerchild you said recently that Metic is me, when that is not the case at all. Have you Innerchild, metic, canning vale & spooks are us, along with annalise, spinnaker & jan gone & had a peek at Ankatel? Go & have a look. I think SS is there. But if you all go toether there will be only one person in the car. I will leave it as that..
PCS,

You need to trust that we all have just one user I.D. I'd come out with a group of you to have a look around. Is there anywhere you have in mind? We could all just meet up. I'm not sure if Spooks comes out during the day.

Innerchild you said recently that Metic is me, when that is not the case at all. Have you Innerchild, metic, canning vale & spooks are us, along with annalise, spinnaker & jan gone & had a peek at Ankatel? Go & have a look. I think SS is there. But if you all go together there will be only one person in the car. I will leave it as that..

OMG !!!

🤣 ROFLMAO

And all this time I was considering sharing fuel costs for the return journey!

No wait ... one-way or return journey?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

PCS,

You need to trust that we all have just one user I.D. I'd come out with a group of you to have a look around. Is there anywhere you have in mind? We could all just meet up. I'm not sure if Spooks comes out during the day.

This Spook is definitely nocturnal! [emoji277]
Thanks for thinking of me CanningVale [emoji253]

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

OMG !!!

🤣 ROFLMAO

And all this time I was considering sharing fuel costs for the return journey!

No wait ... one-way or return journey?

Had to google ROGLMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One still needed to log onto VIS, and NIS. These legacy applications were logged. I'd imagine it'd be difficult to access the logs nowadays, since tape readers are probably no longer available, and the original servers have all been replaced since.
I don't believe Telstra kept customers license plate details. Insurance companies would, but the chance of the perp working for the victim's vehicle insurance company is low.
Not many businesses have direct access to licensing information back in the 1980's, unlike now, but maybe local council parking enforcement might've.
Unless the accused had a relative or friend willing to look up the Fiat's license plate, I can't see the stalker in the car on Stirling Hwy, if the break in was committed by the same person, as being Bradley Edwards, but someone else. IMO

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

The operative words being One still needed someone to log onto VIS, and NIS.

Reactions: DRT
In case anyone missed it, Robyn Santen (nee Paton) was not in WA prior to 1991.
http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/...yn_louise_santen.aspx?uid=5721-5789-0451-4615 link to full coroner's findings at bottom of the page.
b5562c6d819cf0dbc5f6e0755f22c4d8.jpg
648ee5445106a96cdac2b1b62f51a1ad.jpg
38c257bad97213492458e1e4ad8bf8a9.jpg
aa45a734ed7b4ed6ba95b9c24cf80756.jpg

Prior to missing/murdered these ladies had all been on an overseas holiday. The first three ladies hadn’t been back long before meeting their fate and RS met her fate years after travelling overseas. They all had qualifications or an intent to study.

Julie Cutler – Incident date – June 1988
University graduate Julie Leanne Cutler had been living overseas before she returned to Western Australia and moved in with a friend who lived in Fremantle, south of Perth. The 22-year-old former theatre student at the WAIT (Curtin Uni).

Ciara Glennon – Incident date - Mar 1997
Ciara, a 27-year-old lawyer, had just got back to Perth from a year overseas and in time for her sister’s wedding, was described by many as “sensible and outgoing.”

Deborah Anderson – Incident date - 25 Jan 2000
Deborah was born in Perth (1975) and had moved to the United Kingdom in 1990 to be with her mother, returning nine years later in August 1999 to re-unite with her father and commence a cooking course at the Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management.

Robyn Santen – Incident date – Aug 2015
After obtaining their degrees, the deceased and Mr Santen travelled overseas and worked in different countries. They were married in Perth November, 2005.

Below is another incident which was initiated in Cottesloe…

Eighteen months after JC - Late 1989 a Teenager was abducted from her car, at the car park opposite Cottesloe Hotel – bundled into the back of a station wagon. Attempted rape at Lakeway drive-in Swanbourne. Escaped but was recaptured back in Claremont. He was aged about 30 and hard whiskers. Post Newsp.

Notes: Holden commodore VS Series I Station Wagon was released April 1995
In December 1989 BRE was only 21
Prior to BRE purchasing the VS Commodore, is it possible he had a similar Telstra station wagon (white), or did the techie's drive a van? JMO

This Spook is definitely nocturnal! [emoji277]
Thanks for thinking of me CanningVale [emoji253]

Spooks,

If you come along too, I'll bake a fruitcake. A special one laced with cherry brandy and almond liquor. That's my specialty.

In case anyone missed it, Robyn Santen (nee Paton) was not in WA prior to 1991.
http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/...yn_louise_santen.aspx?uid=5721-5789-0451-4615 link to full coroner's findings at bottom of the page.
b5562c6d819cf0dbc5f6e0755f22c4d8.jpg
648ee5445106a96cdac2b1b62f51a1ad.jpg
38c257bad97213492458e1e4ad8bf8a9.jpg
aa45a734ed7b4ed6ba95b9c24cf80756.jpg

What can be gleaned from this:
Bold Park, and other Areas of Bushland, Sand dunes and other beaches had been searched. - That means, that we can probably rule out those areas for finding the remains on the surface of Julie Cutler and Sarah Spiers. From the cases that the accused has been charged with, there is no indication of hiding or any attempt at burying remains.

There is nothing connecting this to foul play. If there was any, it would probably be coincidental by a stranger, and occurred after she sent the "**** you" text message from City Beach at 12:36am

What can be gleaned from this:
Bold Park, and other Areas of Bushland, Sand dunes and other beaches had been searched. - That means, that we can probably rule out those areas for finding the remains on the surface of Julie Cutler and Sarah Spiers. From the cases that the accused has been charged with, there is no indication of hiding or any attempt at burying remains.

There is nothing connecting this to foul play. If there was any, it would probably be coincidental by a stranger, and occurred after she sent the "**** you" text message from City Beach at 12:36am

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287493

Websleuths thread for robyn santen .
This case has never been suggested that this was a csk related crime afaik.
People argue that JC isnt related either, which is a fair call i agree .
Can anyone provide a good argument for including RS here ?

No I I can't provide a good argument for including RS here. RSs details are to be kept on the spreadsheet but details striked out.

Personally I tend to agree that there isn't anything suspicious about Robyn Santen's disappearance.

But... just thinking... did she go missing aroundthe time BRE's second marriage split up? And the Claremont girls went missing when his first marriage ended?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204656
1986 SP disappearance

Im sure some of you sleuths would find this case interesting.
One thing that was most interesting imo, was that a year and a half ago (some) family members were accusing sharons father of possibly being the Perp .
I thought its most interesting the way news articles served up the story articles .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010