Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone to Swanbourne Beach quite a few times & have thought about joining Sunseekers..... Mapua NZ 2 visits. :)

Mapua? Population 1900 located west of Nelson. What's the attraction there PCS?

Caller claims she is missing woman. West Australian originally posted by no name. Date? Tuesday 28th June?
attachment.php

A young woman who claimed she was missing Fremantle woman Julie Leanne Cutler telephoned The West Australia yesterday to say she was still alive.

The woman who sounded upset said she wanted her father, Mr Roger Cutler to be told that she was safe but she wanted to be left alone.

She said “My name is Julie Cutler. I want you to tell my father that I am all right. I just want to be left alone. I will talk to a reporter later.”

Sounds to me like it was either someone directly involved or someone who knew what might have happened to Julie pretending to be her to try and soften their guilt.

Sounds to me like it was either someone directly involved or someone who knew what might have happened to Julie pretending to be her to try and soften their guilt.

Hi Milamber - perhaps it was Julie and she was being forced by her abductor to make that call to police. Perhaps to throw them off searching for Julie. MOO

Weather's generally all about the location's latitude, and Earth's ecliptic plane and orbital plane*at any given time. Throw in the position of the moon, and then we're talking about tides. Everything else is an influence in the generation of individual weather events, like fronts and pressure cells. Then the rotation of the earth just makes them all go around.

Articles, such as this one posted by innerchild in the last thread, describing the discovery and pictures of the recovery of the car tells us as much as anything about the water visibility at the scene. It was non existent. Tracks on the sand didn't exist because they were washed away. It's noted that the article said there were sand drifts across the access road, meaning that the weather was windy and sea was rough.
2d258e52f10f9c8b228874d6ce8bb275.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Hi Petedavo - the article Car In The Surf Mystery Deepens has part of another article under it saying, I think, Party Wrecks Pavilion. I wonder what that was about. I had a look but couldn't find anything about it. For some reason it interests me. MOO

Hi Milamber - perhaps it was Julie and she was being forced by her abductor to make that call to police. Perhaps to throw them off searching for Julie. MOO
If it was Julie, whether under coercion or not, I believe she would've rang her father.
If it was not Julie, then the risk of her father's phoneline being recorded and calls traced by police (in case of a ransom demand) would've discouraged an imitator. The most obvious number therefore to ring for a pretender was a newspaper where police couldn't put a trace on calls without a warrant.
IMO, therefore the call was a hoax.
Was it malicious though?

If it was Julie, whether under coercion or not, I believe she would've rang her father.
If it was not Julie, then the risk of her father's phoneline being recorded and calls traced by police (in case of a ransom demand) would've discouraged an imitator. The most obvious number therefore to ring for a pretender was a newspaper where police couldn't put a trace on calls without a warrant.
Was it malicious though?

Hi Petedavo - if the call was a hoax why would the message be directed to Julie's father. Telling him she was safe. It's as if she was trying to reach out to her Dad so he wouldn't worry. If it was a hoax call would they have known how close Julie was to her Dad? MOO

These are pictures someone has just sent .
Screen shots of JC'S fiat being hauled out of the water on Cott beach.

It looks like the tow rope was at the front of the vehicle?
Big dents in the doors ,
could they be from hitting against the pylon ?
The position in photo looks to be north of the groyne and closer to the pylon?
7df2271eeb747c22e447aebb0dca7913.jpg
f09cf870d262cd069e39e808c67f2152.jpg
6838456bc386521941358c4449167b4d.jpg

What incredible pics Meticulously!

Yes, it seems the tow rope was fastened at two points, the under front of the fiat and the rear axle if my eyes are seeing correctly. Could this demonstrate the car was retrieved from resting roof or side down on the ocean floor, divers in the clear to fix the tow to the underside of the vehicle?

Big dents in the doors ,

More pictures .
Can we look at the pics and see ,
Is that a key in the boot ?
Is there a rego plate missing?

In these photos of the water there is not clear water due to waves breaking on the sand .
I think as soon as the waves got smaller on the 21st and 22nd june the water would have become clearer , as the leeuwin-current was ananomously strong that year bringing clear warm water from the north down to cape leeuwin and beyond.
All photos of the car on beach show small waves rolling in (22nd june)
But that is not the time that i have suggested that the waves were bigger .
Waves come up and they go down, sometimes for only hours other times days.
Each event is different like a fingerprint is,
Thats called a swell signature.

The 2 beach photos are not from the news story afaik , ( dont look like screen shots )

60fff4254a5753d3f3abde7793bcc9ef.jpg

Above : This is the news story (from post arrest of bra) , earlier this year according to anonymous sender .
The news clip does not seem to exist anymore and apparently did dissappear very quickly after showing .

<modsnip>

3ec96f0b76b9e3c29e95a704ab520315.jpg

<modsnip>

More pictures .
Can we look at the pics and see ,
Is that a key in the boot ?
Is there a rego plate missing?

In these photos of the water there is not clear water due to waves breaking on the sand .
I think as soon as the waves got smaller on the 21st and 22nd june the water would have become clearer , as the leeuwin-current was ananomously strong that year bringing clear warm water from the north down to cape leeuwin and beyond.
All photos of the car on beach show small waves rolling in (22nd june)
But that is not the time that i have suggested that the waves were bigger .
Waves come up and they go down, sometimes for only hours other times days.
Each event is different like a fingerprint is,
Thats called a swell signature.

The 2 beach photos are not from the news story afaik , ( dont look like screen shots )

60fff4254a5753d3f3abde7793bcc9ef.jpg

Above : This is the news story (from post arrest of bra) , earlier this year according to anonymous sender .
The news clip does not seem to exist anymore and apparently did dissappear very quickly after showing .

<modsnip>

3ec96f0b76b9e3c29e95a704ab520315.jpg

<modsnip>

Impressive sleuthing work here Meticulously!
Great to FINALLY see decent pics of BLF.
Thank you

Hi Petedavo - the article Car In The Surf Mystery Deepens has part of another article under it saying, I think, Party Wrecks Pavilion. I wonder what that was about. I had a look but couldn't find anything about it. For some reason it interests me. MOO
I vaguely remember talk of it in a previous thread r, with a quote from an article for something. The only online reference to rowdy behaviour in 1988 I could find though was some comments about a Backpackers hostel at 1 Eric St, which is at the other end of Marine Parade. If there was something on at the CSLC hall, then this would be more relevant, as it is adjacent to the groyne access Rd.
The first thing that springs to mind though is then a question. Is this similar to the rape and murder of Leigh Leigh, at Stockton NSW in 1989, which was turned into the movie, Blackrock in which Heath Ledger made his film debut?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Leigh_Leigh

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackrock_(film)

Big dents in the doors ,

Boot open. An obvious egress point for part of the back seat. Although, removing license plate or covering it up in those days was standard practice before allowing media photographs in those days. Which could also explain boot being opened, with the keys, which were reported to originally been in the ignition switch.

In response to why would a SK be attracted to pubs/clubs. Its a hunting ground & the CSK a predator. IMO every pub - The Thornlie - The Gosnells - The Claremont - Eagle One - The Perth Underground - OBH - CBV etc etc had single men (who never had a mate with them) who would continually "watch women". These joints were packed shoulder to shoulder. IMO undressing them when they walked past with their eyes & being slimy and trying to dance on the dance floor with them. Voyeurs I called them. The bridge/walkway opposite The Claremont, as mentioned before, is a perfect place to "watch" it is like a "lookout" - seeing who was leaving/staggering/carrying their shoes all by themselves.... trying to get home at 12am. I never drank alcohol in the 80s 90s and I was always aware of the creeps in the corner - eyeing up every single girl in every pub/club I went into. My girlfriends that got "plastered" never saw what I saw and the potential harm they were in (should they have been separated from caring friends) I had hailed many a Taxi so they could get home safely (some weren't so safe whilst in the Taxi either). It was a jungle out there - a potential "war zone" with tons of girls walking alone - at 1am - 2am - 3am etc. Easy pickings for a SK or a creep - jacking off in the darkness from his "watching place". If BRE did work on phones in offices - he could have come into contact with hundreds of girls and got to know them whilst working either at their offices or their homes and, overheard where they were going that weekend - and conveniently "planted" himself at the Pub - cunningly.

Was it malicious though?

Malicious as in what happened in the Birnies? Katich was in charge of JC's case and involved in Brinie's confession so he would be well aware that someone could be forcing her or pretending to be her, to try to put family cops off.

Hi Petedavo - if the call was a hoax why would the message be directed to Julie's father. Telling him she was safe. It's as if she was trying to reach out to her Dad so he wouldn't worry. If it was a hoax call would they have known how close Julie was to her Dad? MOO
One would need contemporary news articles especially broadcast media items prior to the phone call, to know whether it was common knowledge on Julie's closeness to her father, to be able to answer that question.

If it was known, then it could've just been a n interfering busy body who mistakenly thought they were doing something nice.

If it wasn't known, was Julie a captive, or was the perp someone who was close to her, and had an accomplice willing to make the call?

attachment.php

I've had these on my phone for a few months now. There is no need to predict or hypothesise, there was no storm on Sunday or Monday 20th June 1988. There was a high pressure system and fine outlook. The weather reports clearly show and state that. There may have been scattered rain and temperatures 10 to 20 degrees. The storm arrived in Perth on Friday 24th June 1988.

Attachments

• Weather_Mon_June20_1988.jpg
    Weather_Mon_June20_1988.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 205
I vaguely remember talk of it in a previous thread r, with a quote from an article for something. The only online reference to rowdy behaviour in 1988 I could find though was some comments about a Backpackers hostel at 1 Eric St, which is at the other end of Marine Parade. If there was something on at the CSLC hall, then this would be more relevant, as it is adjacent to the groyne access Rd.
The first thing that springs to mind though is then a question. Is this similar to the rape and murder of Leigh Leigh, at Stockton NSW in 1989, which was turned into the movie, Blackrock in which Heath Ledger made his film debut?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Leigh_Leigh

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackrock_(film)
The thing that I remember most about Blackrock, when it was screened on Television in 1997/1998 was just how willing an entire community was in covering up a crime. I was working with a former NSW police woman when it screened, who was in Newcastle at the time, she grew up in Stockton, and was involved in this case. She said it was like everyone in Stockton just didn't want to believe it happened and we're denying evidence that it did. They were quite willing to deny their kids involvement.

http://www.palmbeachpictures.com.au/news/blackrock/

Big dents in the doors ,

Thanks Metic for these pics. Regarding the dents in the middle of the doors, very odd, as if yes it has hit the pylon or is there any possibility she/the car could have been involved in an accident and could have been 't-boned' and she has lost control and rolled her car and its ended up in the ocean? This would explain the roof being caved in. JC could have been flung out of the car along with her hand bag and back seat and washed out to sea never to be seen again. Was she again being chased by the man in the car from nights before?
Regarding the phone call from a woman to the Police, saying she was Julie, IMO is most likely a hoax and points to the possibility of a female being involved. (The couple seen at the hotel car park) It would be quite a coincidence, if it wasn't Julie for someone to say Father rather than Parents, unless it was some one who had knowledge of Julie's life. How long after Julie went missing did the police receive this phone call? Was this information about her mothers passing already in MSM? JMTO

Big dents in the doors ,

Excellent images metic. Have these been taken from the original channel 7 news footage? The only person I've heard of that had the video of this was the person who posted the Claremont Ghost videos and had JC's car as a screen saver. Who's the person that sent them?

Looks like two anchor points and the tow truck could be just turning the car over after winching it to shore. Was there any more images or a possibility of posting all of the video?

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member