Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a whole website for us to take a trip down Memory Lane. Some of these items (or very similar) would have been hanging out to dry. Think lots of headbands, cut-away shorts, Lycra and leg warmers, ah those were the days!

https://www.retrowaste.com/1980s/fashion-in-the-1980s/

Quote from above site:
"
Designers in the U.S. had a very successful year 1989. Donna Karen’s sexy interpretations of American sportswear and her DKNY collection of casual weekend clothes were a huge hit both in the U.S. and Europe
" BBM

So sportswear was getting very "sexy"?? And let's not forget Olivia Newton John in 1981 and this classic clip "Let's get Physical".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRA0vCV8iw

Lots of nice stretchy, shiny/silky stuff to see wafting in the gentle breezes of Huntingdale and surrounds???

"Mr Ardley said police asked him if he recalled anything about the 28 year old crime, in which women's sports apparel had been stolen."

Post Newspaper 07 January 2017
Author: David Cohen

cache.php

http://ssmuviss.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/dodgeball-true-underdog-story.html

WS post below, thread #10, p87:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ezza77

"Hi all . Long time lurker first time poster . Have a bit of info on alleged huntingdale rapist. I lived on the same street as some victims in 88 and although parts of my memory is vague i remember not just this attack but a few other happenings at the time . I'm almost positive that the offender was dubbed the "south side rapist" who snuck into many homes including ours, helping himself to women's undergarments. I have tried looking it up to no avail, seems to be hard to find any info on the attacks until the recent news . My father was also questioned at the time as he was unemployed at the time and the offences were during the day. They also showed my mum the now infamous kimono asking if dad ever wore it (no chance he'd be into silk was her reply) . The offender was also chased over the fence by one victims father . I'm a bit vague but pretty sure there were a few attacks at the time as we were all freaked out about the creep stalking our street. About a three weeks ago mum was re-questioned and re-asked if she could remember the attacks and shown the kimono again . How freaky what has transpired since ... Gay st is literally a few minutes walk from our old house and was very bushy/rural back in 88 . You could go from gay st to ours and back through the bush without anyone noticing very easily....
Anyways just a bit of info . Apologize for the lonnnnnng post, but it is all quite close to home pardon the pun ".

EDIT also WS post below -
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Voodoodoll76 (Clipped)

"... I do know where the Feb 17 1988 attempted rape took place & I know the victim was the same age as brother T.
I can remember quite vividly back then, Huntingdale having a "knicker ripper" and a person who the media/local paper (comment news) dubbed the "Southside Rapist" .... although I'm unsure if anyone was ever caught?? ... "

Should Brevette’s finding of what looks like JR climbing or being helped down from a wall/fence be reported to police. I wonder what they would make of it? It might have been overlooked by them (although I don’t think so) in which case they should be made aware. I have been trying to work out if it is JR where was she going and who was she with. This changes everything we have been told about JR possibly getting into a taxi or being picked up by someone she seemed to be waiting for. In fact this opens a whole new can of worms. MOO

Theres links at the beginning of the 19th thread to a member who it appears the most recent post article may have been written about. Check his posts for what he says about the Kimono.
Unless it belonged to BRE or a member of his family, which we would find out at any trial, what difference does it make where it came from? I dont understand the hang up about it, is it just to rule out conclusively that he didnt have a legitimate reason to have his DNA on it? If thats all it is, I think you can call that his defense. If not, I dont understand why its so important to locate its origins. We dont know.

Police felt the origin of the Kimono was important up till 2016

WOMENS CLOTHING RIDDLE

Police have asked a Floreat man for more information about the 1988 theft of women's clothing from his washing line in Huntingdale.

The request came just days before ******* ******** was charged with the murders of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon.

Floreat resident Jeremy Ardley lived in Huntingdale in 1988. Mr ******* has been charged with indecently assaulting an 18 year old Huntingdale women in 1988.

"The police called us up about that a few days before the recent arrest of ******* ******* " Mr Ardley said.

Mr Ardley said police asked him if he recalled anything about the 28 year old crime, in which women's sports apparel had been stolen.

"They asked ' do you recall anything unusual in the area around that date?'" Mr Ardley said.

Post Newspaper 07 January 2017
Author: David Cohen

Theres links at the beginning of the 19th thread to a member who it appears the most recent post article may have been written about. Check his posts for what he says about the Kimono.
Unless it belonged to BRE or a member of his family, which we would find out at any trial, what difference does it make where it came from? I dont understand the hang up about it, is it just to rule out conclusively that he didnt have a legitimate reason to have his DNA on it? If thats all it is, I think you can call that his defense. If not, I dont understand why its so important to locate its origins. We dont know.
Mr Ardley doesn't talk about the Kimono. He's talking about other clothes. He probably wasn't the only person that police re-interviewed about clothesline thefts.
I very much doubt that many others would of gone to the press, especially the person who lost the Kimono. It's not something you would want to become notorious about. IMO

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Here's a whole website for us to take a trip down Memory Lane. Some of these items (or very similar) would have been hanging out to dry. Think lots of headbands, cut-away shorts, Lycra and leg warmers, ah those were the days!

https://www.retrowaste.com/1980s/fashion-in-the-1980s/

Quote from above site:
"
Designers in the U.S. had a very successful year 1989. Donna Karen’s sexy interpretations of American sportswear and her DKNY collection of casual weekend clothes were a huge hit both in the U.S. and Europe
" BBM

So sportswear was getting very "sexy"?? And let's not forget Olivia Newton John in 1981 and this classic clip "Let's get Physical".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRA0vCV8iw

Lots of nice stretchy, shiny/silky stuff to see wafting in the gentle breezes of Huntingdale and surrounds???
There's pictures on the state library Flickr account with such clothing being worn at Laurie Potter's Cannington.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/statelibrarywa/10973255024
I might add that I heard the salacious story about a free lifetime membership being given away to a to a lass, but that's a whole another story, and anyway I only overheard it from the very lass who doesn't know that I overheard it. I consider it bragging on her part to her girlfriend, but she did seem very definite about what transpired in the exchange, even describing the size and performance of certain aspects of the exchange. Maybe the snowdropper wanted to become a personal trainer at Laurie Potter's?

Following on from the image Brevette posted at the back of the Conti - it does appear that there are two people sitting on the stairs.

One is a dark haired man in jeans standing over what looks like a female sitting on stairs crunched, with her knees up in a vulnerable position. Her head is leaning slightly to the left side maybe against a pole - looks like she has jeans on and a black jacket over white top.

Ok who else see's it? I have cropped the main image shown previously.

EDIT: Looks like man has something tied around his waist, shirt or jumper perhaps.

attachment.php

Attachments

• imageedit_1_5185179661.jpg
    imageedit_1_5185179661.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 198
From memory someone posted information, advising that although DNA was discovered back inthe 1980s it wasn’t a legal requirement for it to be registered – eventually it did become a requirement for immediate registration.

Registering a back log is labour intensive and no one would volunteer. The boxed information would have sat there until a project was implemented and a team engaged to perform the task.

Perhaps that forms part of what the 30 detectives have been employed to investigate – 30 years of past crimes.

I think there’s a couple of data bases. Possibly local, interstate and worldwide – who knows?

Not meaning to argue , but the liquor laws still applied still applied if you paid or not , you were on licensed premises ... also staffies were entirely up to management , how many and how long , not related to cleaning at all ... I would also think it was Saturday night , a lot of staff would be wanting to get out of there ASAP to go clubbing

Most of the cleaning is done long after the bar staff are gone , cleaners come into do floors , toilets etc. ... this is not the work of the bar staff

Ive run security in several pubs / clubs and understand how the system works , if you had a run in with liquor and gaming you did not have staffies until all was forgiven , because the laws did apply , they were just not enforced

I think you misread my post.

I never said bar and floor staff clean the floors and toilets. I said bar and floor staff, and by floor staff I suppose I should've said 'glassies' - the bar staff and glassies clean-up and and prepare the BAR for the next day. Meaning the glassies collect the last empty glasses, and wash them, and clean the final bits of drunk vomit from floors, and bar staff wash down and clean-up the bar area. The proper contract cleaners that did the floors and toilets arrived much later, usually around 6am.

Also, I never said staffies was 'related to' cleaning time?????
I said staffies started AFTER clean-up of the bar finished. I'm not sure where you worked, but any staffies I ever got invited to, NO ONE touched a staffie/free drink until ALL the bar and glassie clean-up had finished.

And obviously how many staffies and long it lasted for depended on the choices of management. It wasn't a free for all!

And yes 'liquor laws" were rather elastic and lax - hence why in my post I used 'bunny ears' to indicate this. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. IMO, Liquor and gaming wasn't as strict back in the late 90's.

Lastly, if you are/were a Claremont local, you would know that the local Claremont cops would regularly attend the pub back, both during open hours and after. All upon invitation from management.

Following on from the image Brevette posted at the back of the Conti - it does appear that there are two people sitting on the stairs.

One is a dark haired man in jeans standing over what looks like a female sitting on stairs crunched, with her knees up in a vulnerable position. Her head is leaning slightly to the left side maybe against a pole - looks like she has jeans on and a black jacket over white top.

EDIT: Looks like man has something tied around his waist, shirt or jumper perhaps.

attachment.php
Here is original image - look at stairs to left:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ROOF GIRL sharpen image.jpg
    ROOF GIRL sharpen image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 218
Brilliant Credulious thanks for sharing that! Women's sports apparel? So not just the fetching "kimono"? Now I have images of the CSK (whoever that may be) leaping about in leotards and let's face it, there aren't too many men who look good in Lycra, and men in ladies Lycra, oh the mental pictures!

Another thinking out loud... could the CSK have a silky/shining ladies undies/lingerie thing going on from very young? I know WS went down the cross-dressing path before, not meaning to take us down/up that "laneway" again, but I have friends who have children with Autism and silky fabrics, touching, holding, hugging them near their faces, bring them calmness and great joy. Could this be how it started for BRE as a child? Just throwing this out there.

Don't you recall the active wear of the day was g-string leotards over lycra tights???
I won't post a pic here because it may offend some sleuths or guests. :p
Just google '80's 90's vintage leotard' to get an idea.

EDIT: whoops too slow! What is seen cannot be unseen!

Does anyone else's WS fail to load posts? Even after refreshing the page and website several times?

Because after a break from WS (yes this does happen), and hours later returning to WS, there's random posts that appeared amongst the ones I have already read, thanked, and even commented. This makes its very difficult to keep up with the conversation. So sorry if I've been asked a direct question and I haven't replied. Its possible I totally missed your excellent post!

I think I need my spectacles!

I refresh regularly - but this still happens.
Is this just a spooky slow internet, slow device matter, or do other sleuths have this issue?

attachment.php

I'm guessing the 2 people you see on the stairs are probably Conti staff while on break.
Chilling on the stairs, breathing in fresh night air, escaping from drunk rambunctious punters, avoiding the noisy environment, sharing a cigarette, a chin-wag, and possibly trying to sneak in a kiss! (If they were so inclined towards each other)

Nothing sinister.

So logically, if Conti staff sat on the stairs for smoko, then they would definitely witness any weird 'roof-girl' antics involving strange people allegedly climbing down from the roof of next door's restaurant.

Basically - nothing to see and all-G-in-da-hood!

Does anyone else's WS fail to load posts? Even after refreshing the page and website several times?
Because after a break from WS (yes this does happen), and hours later returning to WS, there's random posts that appeared amongst the ones I have already read, thanked, and even commented. This makes its very difficult to keep up with the conversation. So sorry if I've been asked a direct question and I haven't replied. Its possible I totally missed your excellent post!
I think I need my spectacles!
I refresh regularly - but this still happens.
Is this just a spooky slow internet, slow device matter, or do other sleuths have this issue?

Yes there's been a shift in WS's universe I felt it last night.

Mr Ardley doesn't talk about the Kimono. He's talking about other clothes. He probably wasn't the only person that police re-interviewed about clothesline thefts.
I very much doubt that many others would of gone to the press, especially the person who lost the Kimono. It's not something you would want to become notorious about. IMO

No, the Post didnt include anything that Mr Ardley may have said about the kimono at all. But, the member who alluded to being the person visited just prior to the arrest and who speaks of the sporting apparel taken off his line, does.
Met reposted the links to his comments about the kimono specifically on the 1st page in this thread #10.
Who knows who's legitimate or not. Plenty of people have given first hand accounts of what was happening at the time. Who you believe is up to you. For those desperate to know where it came from & in the absence of any proof, theres another possibility if they choose to believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!