Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it has been established here over the last couple of days that it would be rather easy to come with the ingredients to fake a taxi
And now thanks to DRT and Spinnaker I'm going in a completely different direction ... Airport parking... if the culprit was using a specific car to do these crimes , why not hide it at the airport ... would not be noticed , close to home

You would just have to move the car every so often , maybe put some air in the tyres , but it was a great place to store a car you wanted nobody to know about ... you wouldn't get away with this with a taxi though , it would stand out in a car park

Then again take of the light ,could be attached for quick removal , door logos may have been the removable magnetic ones if they existed at all ... personally I think the light would have been enough at night time , maybe a CB radio to look like a taxi radio

One of the problems ive had with the taxi idea is what would you do with it when not required , the airport is a possability
. Ok lets throw another spanner in the works - perhaps the Accused has access to a real taxi?

ASIC records just say that the business name Oriental Auto Wreckers was registered once, nothing much else. Certainly doesn't give up the owners name, nor if they were connected to sponsoring a car or team at Claremont Speedway
Per ASIC:
Back then it was owned by Factory Brokers PTY LTD ACN 009 091 294 who were
originally incorporated in April 1984 as
Oriental Auto Dismantlers PTY LTD, WA#S807793
Office holders were:
Gerald Grant Crosby of Henley Beach SA
Geoffrey William Spick of Hammersley WA

. Ok lets throw another spanner in the works - perhaps the Accused has access to a real taxi?

Quite possible , that has to be considered in the taxi theory ... that would almost certainly mean the involvement of someone else , the owner of the taxi ... which puts the blitz attack back in the picture with 2 people involved ... no wonder I get confused

Per ASIC:
Back then it was owned by Factory Brokers PTY LTD ACN 009 091 294 who were
originally incorporated in April 1984 as
Oriental Auto Dismantlers PTY LTD, WA#S807793
Office holders were:
Gerald Grant Crosby of Henley Beach SA
Geoffrey William Spick of Hammersley WA
Thanks. Can't find anything about Geoff Spick that would show in anyway that David Birnie and The accused ever met each other.
Here is some trivia though that confirms what you did find>
https://pingpdf.com/pdf-millionaire-peopleistic.html
99199f39a0161f01df632b24078fbb31.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

It's confusing when you invert the colours of the image metic. The girl with the arrow is not Jane. She is the girl in the long skirt who is part of the group of three that are trying to hail a cab. Jane is circled in red.

I've written that Jane is obstructed in the image, you can just see her move and bend towards the car in the video, but can't see her in this actual still frame.

I included those blurring images more for the point of looking at the time stamp to try to decide if it was 00.03 or 00.08. Three or eight minutes past midnight?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Three patrons look to hail a taxi. Yellow arrow pointing a guy with arm out. Headlight shine on them and Jane in the background circled in red. Note girl in long skirt in the group of three. Second image added for timestamp. Source:You tube Flect cctv Jane Rimmer

attachment.php

In this image Jane is circled in red next to pole and three patrons have moved to road to get in taxi. ONe of them is bending over in this image I think. They move back to the footpath where the girl in the long skirt is pointed out in the yellow arrow.
No one got in the car, that everyone is talking about. Presumably it might not of been a taxi at all, but someone pulling up in the rank to drop a mate off. The girl in the long skirt may of simply been telling them off for pulling into the taxi rank, thinking they were going to park there. Rather than argue the toss, the driver may of simply moved up the road to drop off his mate, who then appears in the CCTV. Jane recognises him from just before and she cracks a joke about what just happened with the angry drunk Sheila, and at that MM mentions that his mate would give her a lift if she wants, as a joke, and goes inside.
Was the accused, the driver and MM, the passenger?
Here's a possible scenario between the accused and MM.
Years later when the CCTV is released MM asks his mate if that was the time that he dropped him off at the Pub and that angry chick told them off?
Mate replies, "no mate, that ain't you, and it was a Friday not Saturday (lie to confuse the day), cause we came from the speedway remember."
"You sure?" MM asks his mate. "Did that other Sheila approach you for a lift?
Mate replies, "of course not, I was long gone (lie?)."
MM says, "dunno, maybe I should go to the police and see the video."
Mate replies with "you want to end up like Lance Williams? your old man has a business and is a well known identity, you want you and your family hounded like that Williams bloke?"
MM replies "Nuh, let's forget I said anything to you."

Quite possible , that has to be considered in the taxi theory ... that would almost certainly mean the involvement of someone else , the owner of the taxi ... which puts the blitz attack back in the picture with 2 people involved ... no wonder I get confused
As you would know, there was a taxi incident with 2 people involved:

1994 Oct A 31-year-old woman breaks her ankle when she leaps from a speeding taxi on Princess Road after the driver and another man try to attack her.

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html

In Bart's DROC summary in WS thread #4 (link below), it mentions that "Michelle (MM/MB) was a patient at the drug rehab centre that was in the same street that JR's body was found".

Does anyone know any detail on this such as:
How far is the rehab farm from Casuarina Jail and is it connected to the prison service?
How far is the rehab from from the location of JR?

I am also aware the MM/MB spent some time incarcerated in WA - could this be Bandyup Prison where CG is held?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...h-Western-Australia-4&p=12365251#post12365251

In Bart's DROC summary in WS thread #4 (link below), it mentions that "Michelle (MM/MB) was a patient at the drug rehab centre that was in the same street that JR's body was found".

How far is the rehab farm from Casuarina Jail and is it connected to the prison service?

I am also aware the MM/MB spent some time incarcerated in WA - could this be Bandyup Prison where CG is held?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...h-Western-Australia-4&p=12365251#post12365251

Its one of the Palmerston Rehab centres , they would definitely work with the court and prison systems

It is the same distance from Casuarina as the JR location

JRs site is 1600 metres from the rehab centre ... almost to the other end of Woolcoot road

Bandyup prison would be where she was locked up , cannot think of any other suburban womens prisons

Apologies , see map on this page re distance from prison , 2k apparently

Could Noel have known DB from his time in prison

No one got in the car, that everyone is talking about. Presumably it might not of been a taxi at all, but someone pulling up in the rank to drop a mate off. The girl in the long skirt may of simply been telling them off for pulling into the taxi rank, thinking they were going to park there. Rather than argue the toss, the driver may of simply moved up the road to drop off his mate, who then appears in the CCTV. Jane recognises him from just before and she cracks a joke about what just happened with the angry drunk Sheila, and at that MM mentions that his mate would give her a lift if she wants, as a joke, and goes inside.
Was the accused, the driver and MM, the passenger?
Here's a possible scenario between the accused and MM.
Years later when the CCTV is released MM asks his mate if that was the time that he dropped him off at the Pub and that angry chick told them off?
Mate replies, "no mate, that ain't you, and it was a Friday not Saturday (lie to confuse the day), cause we came from the speedway remember."
"You sure?" MM asks his mate. "Did that other Sheila approach you for a lift?
Mate replies, "of course not, I was long gone (lie?)."
MM says, "dunno, maybe I should go to the police and see the video."
Mate replies with "you want to end up like Lance Williams? your old man has a business and is a well known identity, you want you and your family hounded like that Williams bloke?"
MM replies "Nuh, let's forget I said anything to you."

Trying to keep to the timestamp on the video means this "taxi" type car came after MM appeared at 00.01.41. Either at 00.03 (seconds obscured) or 00.08 (seconds obscured). They are standing on a disabled parking bay and there is no taxi rand on Bay View Terrace.

The frame with the guy extending his arm as if to stop a taxi suggests the car either was or looked like a taxi. It waved the three patrons off and they returned ot the footpath. It would be unlikely he was trying to wave down an engaged taxi so unlikely dropping someone off or it may not have been a taxi and just looked like one. It's hard to see but watching the video Jane looks to stop forward and bend over as if to talk to the occupant(s).

If the timestamp was 00.03 she did not get into the car as the last vision of her by the pole is 00.04.20.

If the timestamp is 00.08 she may have got into the car, as early report said she was last seen outside the Continental Hotel at 12.10 am (00.10).

Interesting to note as the vision continues you can see the seconds column on the timestamp emerge and by the time the tall guy and very tall guy ext from the Conti at 00.03?.21 until 00.03?.23 while Jane is still obscured talking to the occupant of the car, girl in long skirt can be seen of footpath and the guy with darker clothes bending down near the road as well.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Taxi notime.jpg
    Taxi notime.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Taxi-jane bends over.jpg
    Taxi-jane bends over.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 03.20_RDM.jpg
    03.20_RDM.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 03.21_RDM.jpg
    03.21_RDM.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 03.22_RDM_tallman.jpg
    03.22_RDM_tallman.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 156

Info on Parmerston Farm

cache.php

Current listings though in this list of Horse Trainers.
Seems like the training business was handed down through the Parnham family, like many other equestrian racing families. Some like Joe Figliomeni are listed in the outer metropolitan rather than in Ascot, but I'm not surprised, as I saw on the City of Belmont website planning applications to develop the old horse training lots from people sharing the same surnames, such as Figliomeni. The land must've been worth a fortune. So I'm not surprised that few are listed at Ascot anymore. The Parnham's are still listed in Ascot though.
http://www.waracingtrainers.com/trainers/trainers-directory/

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5abf4f52c033e/24 November 2009 OCM Agenda.pdf

Related to "Magic Mike" Figliomeni Claremont Speedway and Australian Champion?

http://www.speedway.org.au/d-f/mike-figliomeni

Re the Drocs / Noel , Michelle story raise earlier by Spinakker

In Noels story there was talk about Taxi Tony and Michelle restoring a van or car in a shed they rented from him [ if I'm recalling correctly ]

Drocs /Noels area of his story is not far from Myaree , where DB worked at a Wreckers ? restoring vehicle ?

. Correction to last sentence - supposed to read 'where CB is held'.

Apologies I cannot be more specific with this as I do not keep notes or such , and am relying on memory

Drocs first mention of knowing Michelle was in 1982 / 83

The van / car restoration was allegedly happening during the time of the CSK , obviously DB was not supplying parts then , if at all

But there is no mention of when the restoration started , and from what I know of people who restore vehicles , this is not usually a one of event ... they finish one project , start another

They could have dealt with DB previously , prior to his arrest

Recent posts about the Birnies have been removed as speculation in that regard is causing confusion and derailing the thread. Unless someone can establish a known connection to the CSK case, please move on from that discussion.

If there are some posts related to the Birnies that have been overlooked, please Alert on them for removal.

Thanks.

Claremont serial killings one of Australia’s longest running mysteries

DECEMBER 23, 2016

Sunday Night - The Claremont Killer

"A MAN has reportedly been arrested in his quaint suburban home over the Claremont serial killings in what has been one of Australia’s longest running mysteries."

Snipped. ..

"Detectives even recruited a serial killer to help solve the case.

“There are consistencies in a lot of serial killers,” Detective Superintendent Paul Ferguson told*Sunday Night*last year.

Police sought help from X X , a sick killer who thought he could pull off the perfect murders.

With his partner X , he would lure young women to their home in Perth.

They were known as the Moorhouse murders. X X would rape the women while his wife watched. They then dumped the women in shallow graves."

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...3f4cd79058145096ae4eb018ee90c7?from=rss-basic

Droc also mentioned that MM/MB was "charged in WA for trafficking heroin (flying it in I assume) for a convicted murderer" - if this statement is true then MM/MB quite likely spent time in Bandyup Prison. Wonder who is the convicted murderer Droc refers to.

Refer to below link for paraphrasing of Droc posts - thread 4, post #755 by Bart:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...h-Western-Australia-4&p=12365252#post12365252

Related to "Magic Mike" Figliomeni Claremont Speedway and Australian Champion?

http://www.speedway.org.au/d-f/mike-figliomeni
Documents on City of Belmont website mention a D Figliomeni owing lots adjacent to Garvey Park.
Garvey Park came up before in previous CSK threads. Why was that?
Also in previous CSK threads there was mention of a DF being a work partner of the accused at Telstra, and possibly a cousin of the accused. In those previous CSK threads that DF himself is mentioned as possibly a close relative of Magic Mike Figliomeni (deceased) speedway driver. These things mentioned in previous threads were postulation upon the accused having ties to the Claremont Speedway community, in hope to narrow down search parameters of the accused being pictured at the speedway in the hours before each alleged offence.
Disclaimer: even if such proof exists, it only establishes proximity to the victims of the alleged offenses. Nothing more. There were a lot of people in Claremont each of those nights, and some of them on all of those nights.
Now we also have a possible tie between the accused and Ascot horse training community come up. However due to the accused age and the known historical timeframe of David Birnie being an apprentice jockey, there is no intersection in time. The sleuthing for proof of a deceased serial killer mentoring the accused is therefore exhausted. IMO.

Droc also mentioned that MM/MB was "charged in WA for trafficking heroin (flying it in I assume) for a convicted murderer" - if this statement is true then MM/MB quite likely spent time in Bandyup Prison. Wonder who is the convicted murderer Droc refers to.

Refer to below link for paraphrasing of Droc posts - thread 4, post #755 by Bart:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...h-Western-Australia-4&p=12365252#post12365252

I read that as she smuggled the heroin into the prison for him when I first read it ,,, and at some stage Drocs did name the guy , it was a foreign sounding name , slavic or something similar , when I have time I may go and look for it

I also thought that is what got her the sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member