Found Deceased Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where the housemates were then from Sunday onwards? Did Condon do his research for weeks to a time he knew the housemates would be away an extended time to do the crime?

When sending these messages and coming up with this situation of moving interstate, I cant understand how he would think it would work. Was it he who was coming back on Thursday to clean up the mess in the flat? Did he have keys?

The article states that Condon allegedly sent messages to make it appear that the flatmates had kicked out Jesse.

It is believed the housemates had “kicked out” the ex-Studio Ten reporter last week due to the messy state of the Paddington property and had told him via txt message that cleaners were booked to come in on Thursday.

Last edited:

Lots of nice things being said about Jesse, mostly by heartbroken people who had the privilege of working with him.

I'd love to link an article with just as many nice things said about Luke, but unfortunately, because Jesse is the public figure and the people paying tribute are public figures, focus is heavily on him specifically. Perhaps if he had been a long-term partner it would be more balanced, but it's a key part of the tragedy of this that they'd just found each other and were just starting out. None of us will ever get to know if he would have become a fixture in Jesse's life and well known enough because of that to be memorialised by all these famous voices with big online clout.

MOO
It has left so many devastated work colleagues friends and family. So many of us do not even know the victims but are in a state of shock and sadness over what has happened to these poor young souls. The more i read about the stalking and hacking of his private accounts by the alleged killer the sadder I am for the two of the victims. It was stated by police that there were no cracks, warning signs, or anything in the months before this happened in his behavior. I wonder if he was using the police's internal systems also to look up information on Jesses partner, friends and family?

The specific wording ‘murdered between 12.01 and 5.30pm’ and ‘large amount of blood’ indicates that there could have been ample time to allow for the bodies to have been dismembered and packaged. I was sure I saw on news that a neighbour reported loud music playing( perhaps to hide sound of saw?) but I wasn’t sure of what time they said that was.
The perpetrator looks a bit slim to lug two huge bodies around easily. I would imagine due to large amount of blood and attempted cleanup that he has done this for easier removal.
There is nil information as to his movements prior to Cronulla skip bin drop off of items (not sure why he kept these separated or maybe they were just missed when he tried to clean up house and thrust them haphazardly into the van post loading) dumped them after he disposed of gun back to station.

I have not seen a mention of his whereabouts on the Wednesday at all in any media reporting

He could have easily spent all of Wednesday dropping off several bags at various locations before arriving at Lambton to clean the van.
I had thought there was a report mentioning he told the person at Lambton or relative at Grays Point, that he made several stops prior to arriving, but I cannot find that anywhere now?
Gosh I hope this did not happen, If it did its going to be such an awful thing for family and friends to accept

So the room mates came home from somewhere to find furniture everywhere and maybe even blood, and they just thought 'f Jesse what kind of party did he have?' or 'who the f did he rent to on air bnb?' Or something?

Not 'omg this is a crime scene Jesse must be in danger?'

LOL
but also how sad!
No, the text message sent to his flatmates I am assuming he must have known they were not going to be there for a period of time and he knew he had time to come back and clean the crime scene up more before they returned. But he didnt get there and police got there before he did. Thats my understanding of it

Jesse was in the media and loved the attention (that’s part of the job) of course he’s going to get more media attention - most of these journalists will have met him previously.

I’ve seen several tributes to Luke done privately - I get the impression Luke was a lot more private and his family and friends do not wish to make these heartfelt tributes online - that doesn’t make him less loved.. just more private
Thank you for articulating my exact thoughts. It is not a popularity contest. The quiet people of the world are so incredibly important and valid (and loved and missed).

No, the text message sent to his flatmates I am assuming he must have known they were not going to be there for a period of time and he knew he had time to come back and clean the crime scene up more before they returned. But he didnt get there and police got there before he did. Thats my understanding of it
The is is how I understand it as well. Pre meditated for sure… unreal!
I hope that he wasn’t reported for the stalking and somehow found out.

Last edited:
Police will be tracking where the van went and I would guess the 2 bodies are in bushland area well known to the murderer. Maybe the Royal National Park?
The area between where the murders took place and the van being recovered is so vast.. they literally could be anywhere unfortunately

I just hope somebody has seen the van parked up somewhere along route and reports it to the police..

It breaks my heart but I can see the murderer having gotten rid of these boys bodies in separate areas - he wanted to be with Jesse IMO and didn’t want anybody else being with him..

So I can’t see in death him allowing Jessie & Luke’s bodies to be together

Last edited:
The area between where the murders took place and the van being recovered is so vast.. they literally could be anywhere unfortunately

I just hope somebody has seen the van parked up somewhere along route and reports it to the police..
It reminds me of the horrific murder of Steven Cozzi… never found. Another senseless and brutal killing.

It reminds me of the horrific murder of Steven Cozzi… never found. Another senseless and brutal killing.
The one thing I’m hoping here is that the person in custody seems to come from quite a loving family (somebody imo clearly told him & arranged for him to give himself in)

I’m hoping that his mother or an extended family member can speak to him and get him to disclose where the bodies are.

The is is how I understand it as well. Pre meditated for sure… unreal!
I hope that he wasn’t reported for the stalking and somehow found out.
Would the Australian Police have had to disclose if a prior report had been made in connection to anybody in relation to this case? ( EG if Jessie had made an allegation of stalking against a serving officer?)

I know in the UK they’d have had to report to the independent watchdog for them now to investigate and that report would be public knowledge

Would the Australian Police have had to disclose if a prior report had been made in connection to anybody in relation to this case? ( EG if Jessie had made an allegation of stalking against a serving officer?)

I know in the UK they’d have had to report to the independent watchdog for them now to investigate and that report would be public knowledge
I don’t know… just thinking of possibilities for a motive. Not that anything would be even remotely plausible of course…

Yeah I cant see how one bullet could kill two men.

RSBM

IMO, a single bullet could quite easily kill two people depending on the gun, type of ammunition, and where it struck the body. A bullet passing through one body/object and entering another body/object happens all the time.

Having said that, it's quite possible one victim was quickly shot and the other was subjected to a much more "personal" attack.

Speculation, imo.
Breakups are especially tough when one is replaced with someone new, but seeing very public photos of the dashing couple in full shining happy glory, moving on, enjoying life, was just too much. Humiliation, envy,

Wondering if the missing men are in separate locations, just so they cannot be 'together' anymore?

Having said that, it's quite possible one victim was quickly shot and the other was subjected to a much more "personal" attack.
I had this same thought straight away.
I almost expect LD being killed first and JB being taken for a drive and killed later to prolong the psychological torture.

Sad and infuriating on all fronts anyway.

Yeah his mother is a well respected high ranking police officer. I believe it was her property in Balmain that was raided?
The one thing I’m hoping here is that the person in custody seems to come from quite a loving family (somebody imo clearly told him & arranged for him to give himself in)

I’m hoping that his mother or an extended family member can speak to him and get him to disclose where the bodies are.

This is a better location map showing the scope of the area.

View attachment 485495

For scale in the inset circle, it takes just under two hours to drive from Paddington (Sydney) to Lambton (Newcastle). It's over 160km, driven mostly on motorways through national park and bushland with occasional small and large settlements.

MOO

thanks for this
it helps to visualize when not from the area
to me this looks like the search focus should be in Newcastle, which appears to be on the coast
I do wonder if Jesse and Luke are in a watery grave :(

I think it has been said the van was seen in Newcastle (Lambton) on Thursday, at the home of one of BL's friends? The van was found in Grays Point on Friday after BL turned himself in. If I had to guess, I'd say BL had disposed of the bodies long before he went to Lambton.

The murders appear to have happened on Monday, the van was rented late Monday, and the bodies were presumably disposed of on Monday/Tuesday when BL took the day off work. Bloody belongings of the victims were found in a skip at Cronulla on Wednesday, I think.

Most of the activity around the murders seems to be located in the region between Paddington and Cronulla on Monday/Tuesday. Unless LE have other evidence, that's the region where I'd personally be looking. Lambton feels like it might be a false lead, although of course LE have to take it seriously.

BL seems to be a "clout chaser" for lack of a better term. My fear is that he'd not only kill a former boyfriend and his new partner, but would want notoriety from it. Jesse Baird reminds me of Ross Warren, another tv news presenter, who was killed in 1989 at Marks Park as one of many gay-bashing murders at the time. He was thrown over the cliff and has never been found. I fear BL might see a wonderful irony in disposing of Jesse and Luke the same way.

[bbm]

yep he reminds me of Canadian murderer Luka Magnotta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads