GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.... And as someone said earlier. What a coincidence that her phone went to message bank presumably straight after phoning her brother and then she has not been seen since! And what stopped the phone call to her brother.... Did she hang up? Why was he phoning back?

Spot on Timmy, something has been bothering me about the phone call with the brother and this is it - thank you! WHY did the brother feel the need to repeatedly try to phone her back after their conversation? Why would you do that? Obviously something worried him about her, she said something odd or sounded upset and worried - more than just about her ill father. I feel so sorry for the brother :(

Totally agree, how unlucky would you have to be, to be killed in that tiny window of opportunity, a few hundred metres from home and only fifteen minutes before your husband started phoning hundreds of times.
Do we know what time Jill phoned/texted husband asking him to join them, presumably she told him which bar they were at, think if I was frantic with worry, I'd go out and look for her if I knew she was supposedly nearby rather than ring "hundreds" of time.
Do we know if husband owns a car?

""I spoke to her on the phone before I left work Friday at 5 o'clock. She was in good spirits, she was going out and she was happy. I also got a text message from her at a quarter to ten," says Thomas Meagher."
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/09/24/3596295.htm

with regards to the phone call...

I've been known to dial someone up when I'm walking somewhere that didn't feel safe at night, it made me feel safer to have someone on the other end of the line. That said, if there was anything/one specific that made me feel unsafe I would have mentioned it to the person I was calling.

With regards to the route home...
I'm from Sydney not Melbourne but I just stepped the whole route home through google earth. It seems like quite a long walk through a lot of areas with the type of shops that would be closed at night. I don't think I'd even feel safe going up Sydney Rd at 2am. The locals said that there is a bit of nightlife around then though so they'd have a better idea.
Do we know if Jill made this walk on her own often?

Update via Twitter

@3AW693 Sly of the Underworld says @VictoriaPolice are currently going through CCTV footage of Jill Meagher with emergence of a 'mystery man'

Also according to Twitter, an update will also be available via The Age (online edition) shortly theage.com.au

Update via Twitter

@3AW693 Sly of the Underworld says @VictoriaPolice are currently going through CCTV footage of Jill Meagher with emergence of a 'mystery man'

Also according to Twitter, an update will also be available via The Age (online edition) shortly theage.com.au

Police have discovered the presence of a mystery man in CCTV footage of Jill Meagher as she walked home before her disappearance on Saturday morning.

This morning, police confirmed that CCTV footage will be examined frame-by-frame to determine whether the man was following the ABC employee in the minutes before she disappeared.

At present, police are trying to identify the man. Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ill-meagher-20120924-26gku.html#ixzz27WUOD2GC

Sometimes when I'm on my mobile I loiter where I make/receive the call. I don't know why I do it. Maybe she stood on the corner of Sydney and Hope when on the phone? It would suit the CCTV footage timing.

What happened when she turned that corner???

I've been known to dial someone up when I'm walking somewhere that didn't feel safe at night, it made me feel safer to have someone on the other end of the line. That said, if there was anything/one specific that made me feel unsafe I would have mentioned it to the person I was calling.

I've done this before too. Perhaps she felt safer with someone on the other end but didn't want to feel silly/alarm her brother by suggesting anything was wrong? Or alert the person she felt threatened by that she was worried?

Given they spoke for several minutes, it does seem strange that he went to such lengths to call her back.

Jill's husband Tom - in the interview video above - says that he called her perhaps 100 times between 2am and 8am, and the phone rang out then went to voicemail. About 8am it started going straight to voicemail, so presuambly the battery ran out at around 8am, or the phone was turned off about then - either by Jill or by somebody.

The apparent planting of the handbag has me intrigued. WHY would somebody do that? Especially leaving the ID in it in the form of her credit card?

There are a lot of unanswered questions, apart from the obvious ones like what happened to Jill and where is she?

Respectfully snipped.

Two things interest me here:

1. Why call her 100 times in four hours? To me that is odd - is that even possible? If you called every ten minutes or so in that timeframe, that would make it 36 times? 100 times rings bells similar to GBC ringing 000 at 7:30am the morning Allison disappeared - a bit of overkill (no pun intended)? How could he have rung her this much if he was out searching?

2. IMO, the main reason someone would plant the handbag is to mislead police into thinking something (eg abduction) occurred at or near the place where the handbag was found. Thus, in my view, if the handbag was in fact planted, then Jill was not likely abducted or attacked at that place. I hope this makes sense.

The phone didn't die after speaking to her brother it was approximately 8am the next day according to the husband.

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't mean the phone died then. I meant that it was strange that just after she calls her brother, she doesn't answer when he calls back. Does that make sense?

With regards to the route home...
I'm from Sydney not Melbourne but I just stepped the whole route home through google earth. It seems like quite a long walk through a lot of areas with the type of shops that would be closed at night. I don't think I'd even feel safe going up Sydney Rd at 2am. The locals said that there is a bit of nightlife around then though so they'd have a better idea.
Do we know if Jill made this walk on her own often?

There is a wealth of information in past threads, one poster (a local) even walked the route with her sister). From reading what locals and media and police have said Sydney Road is a hub. This is not a sleazy area - it's like the Leichhardt/Balmain of Melbourne - a rundown suburb that is now attracting the younger people - great nightlife, plenty of restaurants - that kind of thing. :)

Respectfully snipped.

Two things interest me here:

1. Why call her 100 times in four hours? To me that is odd - is that even possible? If you called every ten minutes or so in that timeframe, that would make it 36 times? 100 times rings bells similar to GBC ringing 000 at 7:30am the morning Allison disappeared - a bit of overkill (no pun intended)? How could he have rung her this much if he was out searching?

2. IMO, the main reason someone would plant the handbag is to mislead police into thinking something (eg abduction) occurred at or near the place where the handbag was found. Thus, in my view, if the handbag was in fact planted, then Jill was not likely abducted or attacked at that place. I hope this makes sense.
Yes what you have written makes perfect sense to me.
Have just watched what I presume is a new interview with husband, it's like deja vue, he certainly wanted to get away from the media, who was the female trying to get him away.

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't mean the phone died then. I meant that it was strange that just after she calls her brother, she doesn't answer when he calls back. Does that make sense?

I wonder if she cut off the call with her brother because she received another call. Here's a scenario:

Talking to brother on the phone, sees another call pop up on the screen (presuming she had a smartphone as I am not sure how call waiting works with more basic phones), says very quickly to brother 'hold on' (or similar) and switches to other call. He presumes she has been cut off as there is 'dead air'. So he hangs up and tries to call her back but she doesn't answer because she is involved in a (heated?) conversation with someone else.

The person calling her (the brother) wouldn't be able to know if she was on another call if she had call waiting - it just rings as normal. This is all based on experience from conversations with my husband when he gets another call.

Anyway, just an option.

Spot on Timmy, something has been bothering me about the phone call with the brother and this is it - thank you! WHY did the brother feel the need to repeatedly try to phone her back after their conversation? Why would you do that? Obviously something worried him about her, she said something odd or sounded upset and worried - more than just about her ill father. I feel so sorry for the brother :(

he explained in MSM that he felt she was worried, didn't want to wake his sick father, went downstairs to use the phone and the phone rang through to message bank - not straight to message bank.

He and the police have explained there is nothing unusual about the phone call. The girl was concerned about her father's health (he had had a stroke two weeks prior and she returned from Ireland to be with him then)

her brother has had every chance to say it was weird of her to call at that hour but never has.

Respectfully snipped.

Just on this point - it's easy enough with many mobiles just to keep hitting re-dial. Some even do it automatically for you after a failed call. In a way, if he did call her that many times (and being frantic he may well have done so), then perhaps that is one contributing factor to her battery running flat and making the phone impossible to ping now. Unless of course it was deliberately TURNED off.... by somebody.

There is a wealth of information in past threads, one poster (a local) even walked the route with her sister). From reading what locals and media and police have said Sydney Road is a hub. This is not a sleazy area - it's like the Leichhardt/Balmain of Melbourne - a rundown suburb that is now attracting the younger people - great nightlife, plenty of restaurants - that kind of thing. :)

A perfect description of the area :) I walked it yesterday with my sister, I'll repost it if its helpful.

Makes perfect sense. Maybe the trouble had started to happen. her brother did feel compelled to call her back, he said because she seemed worried. maybe the worry he heard in his sister's voice was because she was feeling uncomfortable about those voices he heard in the background. He has said she seemed worried about her dad - that was the topic of the call, it makes sense that is why he would think she was sounded worried.

Just on this point - it's easy enough with many mobiles just to keep hitting re-dial. Some even do it automatically for you after a failed call. In a way, if he did call her that many times (and being frantic he may well have done so), then perhaps that is one contributing factor to her battery running flat and making the phone impossible to ping now. Unless of course it was deliberately TURNED off.... by somebody.

I agree! If you were truly scared for your loved one and her mobile was the only way to reach them I think you'd call it over and over and over. I'd be a complete 'stalker-freak' if I truly thought my loved one was in strife.

I didnt think she cut off her call - I thought it was the brother who hung up saying he would call her back once he went downstairs so as not to wake their father. Just my opinion.

Media is reporting a "mystery man" in the CCTV footage this morning. They are trying to decide if he was following Jill.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...tv-vision-of-jill-meagher-20120924-26gku.html

Thanks - I must have missed the bit about the plan to call her back. Her not picking up could still be explained by her being on another call and ignoring call waiting for whatever reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member