GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a link for anyone who has yet to find one. It is the clearest one I have yet to find.

Jill Meagher CCTV Footage - YouTube

Thanks for the link - it's so much clearer. What's bothering me is his change of pace and demeanour. At the very start his walk is quick and purposeful and looks quite normal to me glancing into the shop etc. At 0.59 he walks back in the other direction much slower. And then we see them together at1.49. Could it be he's a witness rather than the perp- i.e. walked past her (prior to filming) being harassed by perhaps a group, walked on, thought about it and went back to assist, offered help, she declined then rang her brother, he goes on his way and then the others catch up and harass/attack her? Just a thought.

Another option, which mods can feel free to delete, is that he is a drug dealer who is asking Jill if she wants to buy something, perhaps he is saying he has the gear in his car.

I have NO idea if she use/uses recreational drugs but it is not unheard of in that age group & demographic.

It looked like that to me. There is a wait a sec gesture as if something like that is happening.

I don't believe she knows the MM. She seems very hesitant, it doesn't look like she wants to be walking with him. By stopping and using a phone as a distraction, I think she is trying to convey that she's not interested, and is hoping he gives up and walks off. He seems a bit pushy, almost like he expects she'll continue on with him. She doesn't seem like they're walking together, more that they're simply heading in the same direction.

I don't think she feels her life is in danger, I think she's just treating him as a random guy (maybe a bit pushy, but otherwise harmless) trying to pick her up on the way home. She felt nervous enough to call her brother so she had someone to talk to (and with good reason, especially considering he was initially heading in the opposite direction to her and then doubled back to walk with her), but it doesn't look like he's being overly threatening. In fact, him doubling back and then continuing in the same direction as her would have been enough to make her pause, I believe.

I don't think it's someone she was drinking with earlier in the night, or even someone that she would have met in a bar. I haven't been to any of the places she went to that night, but he doesn't look dressy enough to be let in to a bar/club on a Friday night. Generally these places have quite strict dress codes. Of course, I could be wrong, having never been there myself.

I don't believe it looks like her husband at all, FWIW.

:moo:

It looked like that to me. There is a wait a sec gesture as if something like that is happening.

It is either a wait sign or a please leave me alone without being too aggressive sign and that is when she starts using the phone.

IHavenoclue,
I would hope they showed the picture to bar employees to see if he had been there earlier. Wobbly? Maybe something was slipped in her drink?

Yes.. bar employees and all shops/businesses along the street.

He may be a "regular" along that strip?... And owners/employees may recognize him

Something could have been slipped in her drink.. "Date Rape Drugs" (sorry for the insensitive name) have been reported often! I imagine it is not too different in Australia than in the US...

Another option, which mods can feel free to delete, is that he is a drug dealer who is asking Jill if she wants to buy something, perhaps he is saying he has the gear in his car.

I have NO idea if she used/uses recreational drugs but it is not unheard of in that age group & demographic.

Totally possible that she uses drugs (and in my opinion not saying anything negative about her if she does), but totally impossible that you would ever buy something of a random guy on the street, who knows what it would be?

I don't think it's her husband in the tracksuit either, I was just saying his actions fitted those of a cross person out looking for their partner.

Thanks for the link - it's so much clearer. What's bothering me is his change of pace and demeanour. At the very start his walk is quick and purposeful and looks quite normal to me glancing into the shop etc. At 0.59 he walks back in the other direction much slower. And then we see them together at1.49. Could it be he's a witness rather than the perp- i.e. walked past her (prior to filming) being harassed by perhaps a group, walked on, thought about it and went back to assist, offered help, she declined then rang her brother, he goes on his way and then the others catch up and harass/attack her? Just a thought.

Interesting idea. In any case, I hope these guys give a statement to Police, it will help piece together the events for sure.

I have NO idea if she used/uses recreational drugs but it is not unheard of in that age group & demographic.

Absolutely possible!

Totally possible that she uses drugs (and in my opinion not saying anything negative about her if she does), but totally impossible that you would ever buy something of a random guy on the street, who knows what it would be?

Yes but people do do that in Kings X in Sydney, or at music festivals etc.

Absolutely possible!

Seriously though who buys stuff of random people on the street? They could be cops, but more likely they're gonna try and sell you pocketlint cut with rat poison.

You'd have to be seriously desperate. If she does take recreational drugs she'd have a legit dealer to get them off.

This guy seemed headed one way at first, as though he had someplace to go, i.e. his car or whatever. Traffic was going that way too. Where could he have been parked where no one would see anything? Was her turn coming up soon and would it be a place where someone coming to that area would park?

I wonder if he was talking to Jill earlier because he was walking north past the shop at quite a fast pace at the 07 sec mark and then returning the opposite direction towards Jill at 1:00 mark. Did he go get something? He then returns with her at 1:50 going north again.

Not sensible, but possible, if she knew of the person from living in the area. moo

Is that the same guy? Different camera angle - ?? from a different CCTV?

Also - who is the woman he has his arm around? I didn't think Jill was wearing a white shirt/blouse?

And in that shot, although a bit fuzzy, he looks to be wearing glasses - or is that just my imagination?

See posts above from IHAVENoCLUE and others stating that this is photo related to another case. :)

Maybe he's asking her for train/bus fare. To me Jill looks like her feet hurt ALOT.

Is that the same guy? Different camera angle - ?? from a different CCTV?

Also - who is the woman he has his arm around? I didn't think Jill was wearing a white shirt/blouse?

And in that shot, although a bit fuzzy, he looks to be wearing glasses - or is that just my imagination?

Dr
If you go back a few posts and read you will find out what that footage is about, and it is not Jill!!

Here's something really interesting - if you watch the clock on the cctv footage - 5 seconds is cut out. From 1:42:47 to 1:42:52. And these are the last 5 seconds that blue hoodie is in shot. What happened in those those 5 seconds? And why have they been removed? There are no other time lapses in the footage from what I can see

Maybe he's asking her for train/bus fare. To me Jill looks like her feet hurt ALOT.

I agree. It's hard to imagine being in this situation and NOT accepting a lift. I recently was in this situation albeit not alone, after my daughter's 21st and I sat down and refused to walk another step, whining to my husband to find anyone who could drive us rather than walking in heels!

That's the 30yo teacher leaving with his 15yo student. Unrelated story.

Just bouncing off your post .... this is why social media can be dangerous. that photo has been posted on a man's wall as a suspect in the disappearance of his wife and it isn't even the right footage ... bloody armchair detectives :banghead: .... oh wait .... :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties