GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is affecting everyone. We just went to the shops and hubby dropped me at chemist and asked "meet you at Good Guys??" (about 300m away) My 14yr old son looked at his dad as I got out of the car and said, "A bit late (830pm) for mum to be walking by herself isn't it??"

I was in the chemist for 5 mins and they were waiting for me outside.....

What is this world coming to.............:-(

God bless your son he sounds like a sweetheart! We can all learn from Jill. No matter where you are or how safe you feel you don't know who else is around.

Well anything his been charged with. We don't know. He could've committed other crimes but hasn't been charged with it. It would mean that he has no convictions to his name

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my question, I know what it means not to have significant charges. My question is how likely is it that this is a first offence or is it (as prime time cop shows would have us believe) likely that he would have excavated from other crimes? hypothetically of course...

I have a question for the more expert on such things. The reports say this was an random opportunistic attack and that he had no significant criminal history. Is it normal/typical/likely (not sure of an appropriate word), that a guy would opportunistically grab and murder someone as a first venture into such behaviour?

It takes away premeditation. I am not sure if it is the norm but it does happen. Sometimes a person is abducted and it goes wrong, eg just plans to rape and realizes they can be identified so it moves to murder.

In this case we don't know why he abducted her, or even if that was his intention - he may have attempted to rob her.

I am still hoping....I don't want to believe what I'm reading, I really hope(d) they would find beautiful Jill alive. :(

I have a question for the more expert on such things. The reports say this was an random opportunistic attack and that he had no significant criminal history. Is it normal/typical/likely (not sure of an appropriate word), that a guy would opportunistically grab and murder someone as a first venture into such behaviour?

If you read up on some of the more well known serial killers (particularly the ones associated with sex crimes), you'll find in general that it is normally an escalation of behaviours when it comes to unrelated, random victims

God bless your son he sounds like a sweetheart! We can all learn from Jill. No matter where you are or how safe you feel you don't know who else is around.

Exactly ehat I have been drumming into my daughter extra the last few days. One daughter finishes at the hospital at 11pm tonight and was going to cab it back to her home and I said no way I am coming to get you even if its an hour round trip.

Dang - had to be away from the computer for a while due to real-world work phone call. And when I come back I find that the police are expected to charge him tonight with abduction and murder.

I wonder if he has/will reveal where Jill is?

And I wonder if the police have leads to accomplice(s)?

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my question, I know what it means not to have significant charges. My question is how likely is it that this is a first offence or is it (as prime time cop shows would have us believe) likely that he would have excavated from other crimes? hypothetically of course...

Ok well usually these type of people can be said to have antisocial personality disorder. There is a chance that someone with this personality disorder had conduct disorder as a child. The likelihood they committed a previous crime? Quiet high, research suggests that people with antisocial personality disorder have a history of bullying, killing animals, setting fire to things or usually breaking the law in some sort of way. IMO I believe the perp will be under the category of antisocial personality disorder. Although the liklihood is high of previous crime offenses we have to keep in mind that every case or individual with antisocial personality disorder is different.

I'm inexperienced in these things and don't think it would be typical, I could be wrong though. although the attack was random and opportunistic it was also IMO premeditated and planned somewhat.

I haven't been able to keep up on here today :( (have been very busy with baby shopping and painting my nursery). But I have not stopped thinking about Jill! I have just gone through all the pages and to come to this last page and see that the suspect will be charged with abduction & murder charges just breaks my heart! Where is Jill??? :(:banghead:

None of the links are working on my computer, even tried different browsers. My fella's computer which is next to mine, plays the video fine.

:welcome: bOx.. and your fella! :smile:

I haven't been able to keep up on here today :( (have been very busy with baby shopping and painting my nursery). But I have not stopped thinking about Jill! I have just gone through all the pages and to come to this last page and see that the suspect will be charged with abduction & murder charges just breaks my heart! Where is Jill??? :(:banghead:

I think there was a report saying that he was not co-operating with the police. Can anyone confirm this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul