Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
J
I am not sure if that is true. or not. I really do not understand why she was staying alone at the pArk and gave her child over to her fiancé, to stay alone with him an hour away. Why would they have it set up like that?
just a theory. But reports have stated that this man lived in the shack on the property. I highly doubt he had access to the main venue. It's most likely where the boat was stored, thus the reason it was inoperable due to hardly being used. The place looks remote and at a guess, when they got there, it wasn't suitable or nothing to do for a child to keep occupied. So went back and stayed at the caravan park where there were other kids and things to do. If the intentions were to do some boating activities at some point and the boat stored at the venue, it now meant they were 90 minutes away. The mum most likely didn't want to go in a boat, as she was pregnant and possibly gets sick and there didn't appear to be anything to do at this venue as it was remote and no one else was there. So allowed him to take her while she stayed behind. Rather than driving and hour and half back to the caravan park each night, go for a few days before returning. He did something to this child and did the unthinkable to keep her from telling. Waited until the day he was due to return, got back and told the mum she was missing. They make their way back to the venue and start looking. The next Day he calls the police to report her missing.

Entirely plausible. Never thought of this theory, it would explain why she was left left alone with him. It’s a piece of the puzzle which is boggling so many of our minds. Leaving your child willingly with someone you have known for a short time doesn’t make a lot of sense unless you have love blinkers on, or need a desperate break. Especially with someone who has severe mental illness who could be potentially volatile.
They hadn't known each other a short time. They were penpals in prison and got together in 2019 after they were both released. They've been engaged more than a year.

The fact that JS went to stay with his junkie friend in Surry is telling for me.
If JS was trying to get clean and away from the temptation of drugs, given his stint in jail and his impending marriage and a new start, he would not have gone to stay with the friend who can't even put a lucid sentence together.

That also tells me that he was likely still using, and sadly while he was alone with little CM that fateful Tuesday night. imo
We can all figure out where that may have led......and CM's death, allegedly shot by him, was to silence her. :mad::(
imo

Completely out there and left of centre, but I recently had a covid test that took 3 days to come back. If KM had a covid test, then by the rules she wouldn't have been allowed to go out anywhere. Could JS have taken the child until mum got her result? If she had a test because she was feeling sick, then him taking CM would make even more sense. Complete speculation of course.

This is actually a very good thought. My last one took 7 days to get results back. It is within the realm of possibility, IMOO.

As much as we all have our own thoughts and opinions about the hows and whys, KM is currently not a POI and I suppose we should focus more on the alleged killer unless LE have announced others involved.

i listened to this and the friend isnt very coherent, its hard to understand him,
he seems slurred or stoned and talks about his drug use in the interview

This is confusing and seems far fetched IMO. The friend thinks he first met JS in Kings Cross. He's known him for about 20 years and believes JS was already addicted to drugs at that time. JS would have been 11 or 12 years old!

You know, I’ve always wondered if she was completely innocent why KM would lie to the police about CM being last seen on the veranda that Thursday. A thought just occurred to me though - what if she didn’t “lie”? What if KM reported that last sighting because it’s what she was told and (at least to some degree) believed it.
The people here discussing a COVID test theory also make a lot of sense as why CM would be sent alone with JS for a while. This could also have contributed to KM’s medical episode. Being pregnant and sick with something that makes it hard to breath and then get this news about your daughter... I can only imagine the state it’d put you in.
I’m not sure that I believe what I typed is actually what happened, but it at least makes sense and I like it a lot better than the alternative...:(

Entirely plausible. Never thought of this theory, it would explain why she was left left alone with him. It’s a piece of the puzzle which is boggling so many of our minds. Leaving your child willingly with someone you have known for a short time doesn’t make a lot of sense unless you have love blinkers on, or need a desperate break. Especially with someone who has severe mental illness who could be potentially volatile.
I left my children with my new partner , so I don’t think that is untoward. However sending them to sleep in a dif house I haven’t done

Just trying to brainstorm what lies he could have told to stay at the estate longer. Possibly he made up the excuse to pick up the boat on Tuesday afternoon so he left with CM for the few hours round trip. When he arrives at the estate, JS claims there was an issue with the boat, not realising his lie was actually true. Lies to partner Tuesday night and says he will get it fixed Wednesday. Stays Tuesday night. Crime happens that night. On Wednesday, JS claims he called the mechanic and has to wait until Thursday to have it fixed. Stalls one more night on Thursday as says he is getting fuel etc. Parter getting anxious now. JS tells another lie and says CM wasn't in bed Friday morning. Mum gets cab up to place Friday morning as she can't drive due to pregnancy or lack of car? Police called Friday morning.
All of that sounds believable, but wouldn't mom ask to speak to her daughter at some point. If he and the 9 yr old are just sitting around, alone, awaiting upon boat repairs, what excuse could he give for CM not being able to talk to mom?

That's why I wondered if maybe he told KM that he dropped the child off to his mom, so she could take her shopping and to fun things in town? That way KM wouldn't expect t to speak to her because KM and AS were not on good terms, apparently.

I left my children with my new partner , so I don’t think that is untoward. However sending them to sleep in a dif house I haven’t done
That is the sticking point for me. I can see allowing a new fiancé spending some time with your child, like going shopping or going to eat lunch somewhere---butr driving an hour away for a sleepover together, all alone---that seems risky and uncomfortable, imo.

J

just a theory. But reports have stated that this man lived in the shack on the property. I highly doubt he had access to the main venue. It's most likely where the boat was stored, thus the reason it was inoperable due to hardly being used. The place looks remote and at a guess, when they got there, it wasn't suitable or nothing to do for a child to keep occupied. So went back and stayed at the caravan park where there were other kids and things to do. If the intentions were to do some boating activities at some point and the boat stored at the venue, it now meant they were 90 minutes away. The mum most likely didn't want to go in a boat, as she was pregnant and possibly gets sick and there didn't appear to be anything to do at this venue as it was remote and no one else was there. So allowed him to take her while she stayed behind. Rather than driving and hour and half back to the caravan park each night, go for a few days before returning. He did something to this child and did the unthinkable to keep her from telling. Waited until the day he was due to return, got back and told the mum she was missing. They make their way back to the venue and start looking. The next Day he calls the police to report her missing.
But even if mom didn't want to go on the boat, why not just travel with them to the venue, so your young daughter isn't sleeping alone in a remote place, with your boyfriend, while you are an hour away? It just seems like an odd choice for a mom to make. JMO

All of that sounds believable, but wouldn't mom ask to speak to her daughter at some point. If he and the 9 yr old are just sitting around, alone, awaiting upon boat repairs, what excuse could he give for CM not being able to talk to mom?

That's why I wondered if maybe he told KM that he dropped the child off to his mom, so she could take her shopping and to fun things in town? That way KM wouldn't expect t to speak to her because KM and AS were not on good terms, apparently.

I think he may have told KM his mum had CM at first. The police don't seem to think she is involved at this stage, but sadly she has lost her daughter and will forever have people accusing her of being involved (like Lindy Chamberlain) It's a hard situation, even more so for someone trying to overcome an addiction.

Paraphrasing from The Daily Telegraph

• Police have spent ten days scouring the Wildenstein property where CM and JS were staying they still do not know exactly where CM died
  • Police have not discovered any blood, gunshot residue or weapon inside the Wildenstein Estate.
  • KM was staying at the caravan park with friends, leaving JS and CM alone more than an hour away back at Mt Wilson.
  • Police sources said with KM has now been formally interviewed, also formally interviewed were the friends she had spent time with in the caravan.
  • It is alleged JS had killed CM at the Mt Wilson property almost two days earlier, either late on Tuesday, January 11 or in the early hours of Wednesday morning. (Det Supt Doherty)
  • Detectives are still trying to piece together what happened in the harrowing final moments of CM's life.
C M died after allegedly being shot by J S: police | Daily Telegraph

Paraphrasing from The Daily Telegraph

• Police have spent ten days scouring the Wildenstein property where CM and JS were staying they still do not know exactly where CM died
  • Police have not discovered any blood, gunshot residue or weapon inside the Wildenstein Estate.
  • KM was staying at the caravan park with friends, leaving JS and CM alone more than an hour away back at Mt Wilson.
  • Police sources said with KM has now been formally interviewed, also formally interviewed were the friends she had spent time with in the caravan.
  • It is alleged JS had killed CM at the Mt Wilson property almost two days earlier, either late on Tuesday, January 11 or in the early hours of Wednesday morning. (Det Supt Doherty)
  • Detectives are still trying to piece together what happened in the harrowing final moments of CM's life.
C M died after allegedly being shot by J S: police | Daily Telegraph
Absolutely no forensics related to alleged scene of the crime.. as yet...

CM was murdered on the Tuesday, according to the police. She was reported missing on the Friday morning. The police still do not know exactly where she was shot. There is no evidence of a crime scene at the wedding venue or the surrounding bush. The police are appealing to the public in case they saw the red Ute driving around. KM has an alibi, but we really don’t know if there was anyone else involved in her murder. JS is very dodgy and he knows some dodgy people IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
They hadn't known each other a short time. They were penpals in prison and got together in 2019 after they were both released. They've been engaged more than a year.
They call the first 2 years of a relationship the honeymoon period where it’s all love and roses. It’s after that first two years that you truly get to know someone. The first thing my husband said about this case is as that obviously she didn’t know him that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18