Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...rdamone-appears-in-court-20160119-gm8w35.html

Karen Chetcuti's family weep as Michael Cardamone appears in court
January 19, 2016 - 12:36PM
by Blair Thomson

Cardamone, who was on parole at the time of the alleged offence, faced Wangaratta court today.
The Prosecutor told the court police allege Cardamone killed Ms Chetcuti on or around January 12.
He did not apply for bail. He was remanded to appear on September 8, 2016.

Family and friends of Ms Chetcuti wept ...

Cardamone's address was suppressed by the magistrate, amid fears of vigilante attacks on the house he shares with his elderly mother.

How many families has he destroyed, even his elderly mother who will carry the burden....the parole system just doesn't get it do they?
How many women must die at the hands of these rapist who are released.

How many families has he destroyed, even his elderly mother who will carry the burden....the parole system just doesn't get it do they?
How many women must die at the hands of these rapist who are released.

'40 Dr Robson diagnosed the applicant as suffering opiate, marijuana and amphetamine dependence. No psychotic, personality or sexual disorder was diagnosed. His personality was diagnosed by Dr Robson as showing “... features of impulsiveness, difficulty with interpersonal relationships, aggression, a tendency to blame others and a lack of remorse. Dr Robson believed that psychiatric care would be provided within the prison system, including ongoing counselling for drug and alcohol use. Additionally observations were made that the applicant was likely to benefit from ongoing rehabilitation for drug and alcohol use, including an opiate substitution program. He would also benefit from sexual counselling. The applicant was assessed as less likely to re-offend by cessation of drug use, altered attitudes towards women and the development of an appropriate heterosexual relationship. 41 The assessment of Dr Robson was confirmed by Mr T Watson-Munro, forensic psychologist. A full medical history of the applicant was also available to the judge.
42 The applicant was well supported by his family and strong references of support were provided by family and business associates. The applicant had a prior criminal history of unlawful assault, various thefts, aggravated burglary and burglary, trafficking and using a drug of dependence and other matters.

Those italics are mine, for clarity. This is from MC's original Supreme Court Appeal. ( it was unsuccessful) ..

What baffles me, is.. on what grounds could it possibly be concluded as the applicant being less likely to re-offend by the cessation of drug use?.. isn't this implying that only drug users are inclined in this way towards women?,,, this is such a breathtaking leap of faith , for want of a better word, that it leaves me gobsmacked. Why would it be assumed he would benefit from 'sexual counselling'.??? on who's say so? based on what foundation?

I simply do not grasp the 'faith' these events are held in, the counselling, the cessation of drug use, ( like how? .. wouldn't that attract a Nobel Prize if one could be made to cease drug use? ) .. the idea that all this faff has meaning and even efficacy... I just do not proscribe to that view.. and it is obvious, that in at least this case, it was all faff and foolishness, a mish mash of words with out the slightest meaning apart from the capacity to lull folks into a false sense of security.. or a false feeling of doing something good , or at the very least, delay the solving of a problem and shove it down the line somewhere.

IMO this was planned. I think Karen had been stalked for some time. She would not have gone quietly. I'm basing this observation on comments I've read from her close friends. I know I cannot refer directly to these comments, but they do speak volumes about a lovely, lively, headstrong woman who dedicated her life to her children, her farm and her community.

Is anyone really good with Google?
I've had a quick look and was unsuccessful but I'm also time poor...
But I was searching for reports on a prostitute from Melbourne that was locked / kept in in a hotel room in Beechworth and drugs were also involved...
Edit to add - I don't know when sorry, but it was reported on at the time...

Parole board failures a matter of life and death

When murderer John Coombes was convicted for a second murder, what did the Adult Parole Board do? Let him out of prison in 2007 to murder his friend, foster mother Raechel Betts.

When violent offender William Watkins was convicted of raping a neighbour in 2000, what did the board do? Let him out of prison to rape and murder Laura and Colleen Irwin, two sisters living next door.

When drug trafficker David Clifford was convicted for physical assault and harassment offences, what did the board do? Let him out in 2008 to bash and murder hairdresser Elsa Corp.

When Steven Hunter was convicted of assault, false imprisonment and drug trafficking, what did the board do? Gave him parole in 2009, meaning he was free to murder Sarah Cafferkey.

When Francis McCullagh was convicted for burning, kicking and bashing the mother of his three children with blocks of wood in 1997, what did the board do? It let him out of prison to bash his girlfriend Melanie Harnden to death.

When Jason Dinsley committed a drug-fuelled rape at knife point, the board overlooked his 100 prior convictions and released him. He then battered Sharon Siermans to death.

And when convicted rapist Adrian Bayley was given his leave pass, he raped and murdered Jill Meagher last September.

All these women might still be alive but for the board's decisions.

There has been many more deaths including Masa Vukotic and now Karen Chetcuti again thanks to the parole board.

Sentencing and release issues have become too much about the rights of offenders. More attention needs to be given to the rights of women, to value our rights to live a decent life. Or simply to be allowed to live.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/pa...-matter-of-life-and-death-20130824-2sike.html

Accused murderer faces Vic court

2:23pm January 19, 2016

Her family and friends wept as defence lawyer Geoff Clancy highlighted custody issues for his client including high blood pressure and back pain.

"I don't give a s***", one of Ms Chetcuti's friend's said out loud as Mr Clancy explained his client had not received his medication for four days.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...r-accused-faces-vic-court#DAm4oAyRMk6v9zGf.99

Even by the standards of the Vic Parole Board itself, Cardamone got a sweet ride... apparently, he breached parole back in July, and his parole conditions were changed, which I take to mean , more, not less enforcement..

But he was a sexual offender...

Breach of parole

If an offender fails to comply with any of their parole conditions, or commits further offences while on parole, this is considered a breach and can, in some circumstances, lead to automatic cancellation and, in other circumstances, the Board decides what action to take.

If an offender breaches parole, the Board may:
issue a warning
change the conditions of the parole order
cancel the parole order

in 2013, the legislation added this ....

sex offenders and serious violent offenders convicted of lesser offences carrying a term of imprisonment while on parole must be re-assessed by the Board, with a presumption that parole will be cancelled.

So why wasn't his parole cancelled?? who pulled strings? who took their eye off the ball? who let this one slide. ??

http://www.corrections.vic.gov.au/home/parole/conditions/

As Karen Chetcuti is no longer missing but has been found deceased, could this thread be moved to Found Deceased please?

As Karen Chetcuti is no longer missing but has been found deceased, could this thread be moved to Found Deceased please?

The realisation just kicked me in the guts.
Anyone of us could be Karen.

When will these eggheads realize they are putting the innocents at risk.

Awaiting autopsy to be completed and Coroner to release cause of death. Condolences to family, friends and community. There are understandable feelings of outrage around this senseless murder of a productive, law-abiding, much-loved citizen simply going about her daily life. Awaiting Police to complete investigation to secure evidence necessary for a conviction. Awaiting the legal system processes, so that Justice can be seen to be served. We cannot become complacent about such vile acts from deviants which end another innocent person's life. :mad:

I can't believe another person killed by someone out on parole!!!

I can't believe another person killed by someone out on parole!!!

Where is the outrage?... I've been waiting...... And Cardamone was released on parole in January 2015., well after the outrage of other parolee's murderous events, and 2 years... Two Years After the change of legislation in Victoria specifically in regard to parole in the case of violent sexual offenders. ...

Plus.. .. I cant confirm this at this moment, but it appears, that , having been released on parole in January 2015, by July 2015 he has in some way breached those conditions and been placed under more conditions, in July, according to vagueish news reports.. ..

But the Vic Legislation is quite clear. There is the provision for violent sexual offenders ( which is what Cardamone is ) to have their parole rescinded quicker than anyone else.. so why wasn't it? Who's idea was it that he continue his parole in the paradise setting of Whorouly? with a job, a car, a house, an absence of police, .. who decided this? what was the criteria?

And the current charge he has been put on re his Parole Breach.. which part , exactly, did he breach?.. was one of the conditions that he wasn't allowed in Melbourne? or he hadn't notified his parole officer he was in Melbourne? or he wasn't allowed out of a certain area of the North East bound by certain places? was he not allowed to without supervision? .. I want to know. I think it is important to know. .

Finding out just exactly why he was granted an exit from prison on parole is very nearly impossible.. I doubt if I will ever find that out, UNLESS a long term loud expression of outrage rises up from the 1/2 of the Australian population to whom this stuff has significance.. Our lives depend on knowing it, really. Remote though the chance may appear to be, it certainly multiplies when convicted serial violent sexual offenders are let loose without fanfare into the general population of our tiny villages and big cities.. the numbers game then immediately is in the rapists advantage..

FYI
A petition has been started on change.org petitioning Attorney General Michael Mischin. It is called 'Stop the release of dangerous sex offenders now'.
It has already has 10,800 signatures.

OT, but there is a murderer who was jailed in north Queensland in 1994 for killing his ex girlfriend's brother. He had attempted murder prior to this also. He has applied for parole several times, each time being declined by the Parole Board. PB took 471 days to decline his last application as it wanted to be 'vigilant'. Two medical reports indicate he is still a risk to the community. Repetitive violent behaviour and lacked empathy.

Sorry I can't link, but to read more google Damon Calanca, Cairns Post January 13 2016. Page 5.

Sometimes the parole boards get it right. Just hope they don't cave in and release him.

Humdinger if you were referring to the Daman Calanca case, drugs were never an issue

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Sorry BN, no I meant Cardamone - that his parole conditions would've meant no drugs - possibly not being around kids too!
Word is he failed a drug test last year...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back