Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Karen's funeral is next Tuesday 2nd Feb at the Whorouly Recreation Reserve, the community is doing the catering. It is expected to be a massive funeral - understandably!

Sooooo many times this happens. Look up the worst killers in UK, pretty much all have a prior history of offending. I am sure lots go in to not reoffend, but it seems crimes against children, sex crimes, and aggressive behaviour/attempted murder etc usually step up to a worse crime. I would love to have some stats of rapist that never reoffend vs those that do for example.

How many have marched before? I like your sentiments Derryn but if the 5000 who marched in Melbourne for Jill Meagher and many others since, didn't rattle those fool egg heads, I don't think they'll EVER understand!

I don't know the answers unless victims families are allowed to sit/vote on this incompetent board.

They keep rolling these 'reformed' killers out for a free for all into our community. They commit the crime and they then kill not to return to gaol, they come out cunning, smarter and desperate. It must be like a smorgasbord to them to pick and choose their victims.

VIC News
Karen Chetcuti murder: Close friends plea to ensure brutal death never repeated

HAUNTING final text messages from murdered mother-of-two Karen Chetcuti have been revealed as her closest friends make an emotional plea to ensure her brutal murder is never repeated.

The battered body of the 49-year-old administration officer was found dumped in bushland after she went missing earlier last month.

Hundreds of mourners are expected to attend her funeral in Whorouly, east of Wangaratta, on Monday.

I think MSM may be mistaken, Karen's funeral notice says that her service is tomorrow (Tuesday) in Whorouly. At a reserve, so it sounds as though they will be ready for the anticipated large number of attendees.

A service to honour the life of Karen Maria Chetcuti will be held at the Whorouly Recreation Reserve on TUESDAY (Feb 2, 2016) commencing at 11.30 am.
http://www.tatefunerals.com.au/home...tcuti-karen-m-funeral-details-to-be-confirmed

It certainly is today and it's going to be MASSIVE!!! It's at the rec reserve which is the local footy oval, netball courts, function venue, park and BBQ area etc. There is a marquee set up with seating for many more outside of it. It's just heartbreaking...

I think MSM may be mistaken, Karen's funeral notice says that her service is tomorrow (Tuesday) in Whorouly. At a reserve, so it sounds as though they will be ready for the anticipated large number of attendees.

A service to honour the life of Karen Maria Chetcuti will be held at the Whorouly Recreation Reserve on TUESDAY (Feb 2, 2016) commencing at 11.30 am.
http://www.tatefunerals.com.au/home...tcuti-karen-m-funeral-details-to-be-confirmed

Are you able to go Humdinger?

(Look out for those caterpillars, they're nasty little suckers!)

So I'm guessing he hasn't said anything as to why?

So I'm guessing he hasn't said anything as to why?

We are still waiting for his explanation as to why from his first rape conviction that he served a mere 6 years for out of a 9 year sentence, .. parole being assisted greatly by glowing references from his family and business friends..

So I 'm not hanging by my thumbs waiting for a 'why' from Cardamone... as far as I can ascertain , he hasn't even manned up to doing anything ..... but that was the pattern he established in his other court case, too.. . ... .

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-longer-relying-on-parole-system-report-finds

While this report isn't directly applicable to this case, it probably will be when Cardamone applies for parole in the long distance future ( hopefully) .. its worth a read because it outlines a few items that were applicable to Cardamone in the past..

'“I think judges have lost a degree of confidence that parolees will be released at their earliest eligibility date, which used to occur some time ago,” Freiberg told Guardian Australia.

“I think they like the fact that they can control the time and the conditions of a prisoner release. The parole board has become much more cautions with its release conditions.”

I don't know why the hell anyone should be released at 'the earliest possible date'.. can anyone give me a good reason why this should be even considered rational?

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...apply-for-parole-because-of-strict-conditions ( of interest ) and....

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...l-be-back-within-two-years-victoria-forecasts

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-longer-relying-on-parole-system-report-finds

While this report isn't directly applicable to this case, it probably will be when Cardamone applies for parole in the long distance future ( hopefully) .. its worth a read because it outlines a few items that were applicable to Cardamone in the past..

'“I think judges have lost a degree of confidence that parolees will be released at their earliest eligibility date, which used to occur some time ago,” Freiberg told Guardian Australia.

“I think they like the fact that they can control the time and the conditions of a prisoner release. The parole board has become much more cautions with its release conditions.”

I don't know why the hell anyone should be released at 'the earliest possible date'.. can anyone give me a good reason why this should be even considered rational?

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...apply-for-parole-because-of-strict-conditions ( of interest ) and....

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...l-be-back-within-two-years-victoria-forecasts

BBM
It is not rational IMO. But they say the prisons are overcrowded, so they feel under pressure to release people if they have ‘behaved’ in prison … where the inmates are almost completely controlled and where there are no women or children to rape.

:sigh:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d/news-story/135c25f9bce57ee4be35e0c3ae6eae88

From that article.

The convicted criminal, who was on parole after having his original sentence for a serious offence reduced at appeal, allegedly returned a positive drug test when reporting to Corrections Victoria, and on further investigation, police claim they found child *advertiser censored* on his mobile phone.

A court heard the images were of his then partner’s five-year-old daughter, naked in various poses on a bed and in the bath.

No points for guessing who this is [emoji45]

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d/news-story/135c25f9bce57ee4be35e0c3ae6eae88

From that article.

The convicted criminal, who was on parole after having his original sentence for a serious offence reduced at appeal, allegedly returned a positive drug test when reporting to Corrections Victoria, and on further investigation, police claim they found child *advertiser censored* on his mobile phone.

A court heard the images were of his then partner’s five-year-old daughter, naked in various poses on a bed and in the bath.

No points for guessing who this is [emoji45]

I guess it was the poor woman who hasn't been the same since, HD...

My question. .. what does an 'offender' have to do, to be 'offensive ' enough to have their parole rescinded?.. here we have drug positive tests, and child *advertiser censored* , of a child of his partner at the time... how offensive can it get? .. who isn't offended by this? .. I am, and I expect the people in the Parole Board, who are paid by my taxes to do this job to be as equally offended.. I don't think I am requiring a very high and unattainable standard , ,either.. .

Both these actions are offensive in someone not on parole, but on parole? for RAPE? violent rape? . .. and not out more than 6 months on 'parole' and chucking positive drug tests and child *advertiser censored*? .. wtf??

In his first Appeal hearing for the rape back in 2006... this was one of the charges he was convicted on.... Count 8 - Threat to kill: two years and six months’ imprisonment with six months ordered to be served cumulatively on Count 5.

this was point 42 of his Appeal Hearing... 42 The applicant was well supported by his family and strong references of support were provided by family and business associates.

well.. where are these people now? these people who gave 'strong references, ' and support, by family and business associates??

none of it makes any logic at all. .... either people were manifestly deceived, or were deliberately misdirecting the parole board at the time. .... it was plain he was prepared to kill, and all the 'strong support' and 'strong references' should be invalid in the light of that knowledge. ...

I guess it was the poor woman who hasn't been the same since, HD...

My question. .. what does an 'offender' have to do, to be 'offensive ' enough to have their parole rescinded?.. here we have drug positive tests, and child *advertiser censored* , of a child of his partner at the time... how offensive can it get? .. who isn't offended by this? .. I am, and I expect the people in the Parole Board, who are paid by my taxes to do this job to be as equally offended.. I don't think I am requiring a very high and unattainable standard , ,either.. .

Both these actions are offensive in someone not on parole, but on parole? for RAPE? violent rape? . .. and not out more than 6 months on 'parole' and chucking positive drug tests and child *advertiser censored*? .. wtf??

In his first Appeal hearing for the rape back in 2006... this was one of the charges he was convicted on.... Count 8 - Threat to kill: two years and six months’ imprisonment with six months ordered to be served cumulatively on Count 5.

this was point 42 of his Appeal Hearing... 42 The applicant was well supported by his family and strong references of support were provided by family and business associates.

well.. where are these people now? these people who gave 'strong references, ' and support, by family and business associates??

none of it makes any logic at all. .... either people were manifestly deceived, or were deliberately misdirecting the parole board at the time. .... it was plain he was prepared to kill, and all the 'strong support' and 'strong references' should be invalid in the light of that knowledge. ...

Valid and pertinent points Trooper. Huge questions of the Victorian Parole Board IMO to be asked at the rally on Feb 21, 2016 at Burvale Hotel, Burwood, Victoria.

No I didn't go TGY, I didn't know her really, but I wanted to go for the community, but in the end, I just couldn't bare to...

I've spoken to quite a few people that did and they all said it was a lovely send off.

ETA - All good re the caterpillars, I don't think we have 'that' variety in Victoria ;) I do chuckle every time I see it and think I should change it, but then remember that I'm here because of Allison, that's what started my time here at WS!

Edited again to add - I never in a million years thought that there would be a thread on here that was literally so close to home... It's incredibly hard to fathom! I feel so connected to so many of these families and their communities and now it's right here in mine!

Are you able to go Humdinger?

(Look out for those caterpillars, they're nasty little suckers!)

Well.. I am still cross. I cannot fathom how the obvious , glaringly obvious escalation of the rise of criminality in Cardamone could have been ignored.. and the coppers from Myrtleford and Wangaratta must be naïve and half nutso to believe that all Cardamone did to that very young step daughter, was photo her in the bath, etc.. the man was a murderous maniac, and violence and sex was his modus operandi... he would have had less resistance than he had with his victim back in 2006, the one he was convicted of..

You only have to read his Appeal record to see he was not into just 'photography'..... I don't believe any of that for one nanosecond, and what a horror that must have been for the little girl. and her mother, and yet, his parole WAS NOT RESCINDED!.. sure, there was a change to it, I suspect the change was he wasn't allowed out of the region... . perhaps , he wasn't allowed any further than Wangaratta, although how this could be of comfort to the mother and child I don't know.

But return to prison to work out his original sentence, PLUS an additional one for the child sex offence ? , well. No. Why? I want to know..

Because you can see, quite clearly, that Karen, or whomsoever it was going to be, would be murdered. There was no way he was going to leave his next victim in a state of being able to bear witness to his crime.. He was, for all purposes , a walking talking time bomb, and it could have been the a.n.y..o.n.e. who crossed his path at a time convenient to him.

Does anyone know if there is a thread for little Zoe Buttigieg who was raped and murdered in Wangaratta last October?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colibri_pi
Back