Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This isn't about Karen, but it is about the Parole system in Victoria at this time.. I put it in here for reference,

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...foundation-for-irish-murders-says-documentary.

An Irish television documentary has taken aim at Victoria’s parole system, saying failings in the system “laid the foundation” for the murders of three Irish nationals within 12 months in Melbourne.

Murder in Melbourne, airing on Irish public broadcaster RTE, criticises Victoria’s parole system over murders of three Irish nationals in 12-month period

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/murderinmelbourne.html <--- this site can be accessed to see the TV program on a sort of IView thingy.. it is a well put together film.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/3785181/defence-of-tough-parole-system/?cs=11

The Victorian government has insisted its parole system is one of the toughest in the country, despite growing concerns about the continued violence of offenders.

Hundreds of angry citizens marched in Wangaratta on Sunday in the name of all families who had lost someone close to them to violence.

read more at this site.....

A man accused of killing his next door neighbour in a tiny north-eastern Victorian town will stand trial for her murder.

Michael Cardamone, 48, was charged with murdering Whorouly mother Karen Checuti, whose charred remains were discovered a week after she disappeared from her home in January.

Police will allege Ms Chetcuti, 49, went to Mr Cardamone's property to get a punnet of tomatoes before he overpowered her.

Ms Chetcuti's burnt out car was found 20km away in Myrtleford two days later.

After an extensive air and land search, her body was found in bushland near Lake Buffalo, around 40km from Whorouly.

Mr Cardamone's trial is due to begin on November 8 in the Victorian Supreme Court.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...sed-killer-to-stand-trial#PjySbulCMeQUyclL.99[

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4105567/alleged-killers-trail-of-deceit/?cs=11

Wangaratta solicitor Geoff Clancy was forced by the Magistrates&#8217; Court on Thursday to reveal details of a phone call from Michael Cardamone on the afternoon of January 16 this year.

&#8220;He informed me that he&#8217;d been abducted by two Lebanese men and he was in the boot of a car,&#8221; Mr Clancy said.

The main thrust of this story is that Cardamone dropped his own solicitor in the *advertiser censored*, merely by calling him, claiming to be in the boot of a car that had Lebanese chaps driving it , as a consequence of being 'abducted'... a classic example of the murderer inserting himself in the most idiotic way into the investigation.. However , it has resulted in his own solicitor being a witness for the prosecution on this matter.

Cardamone hadn't been shy of inserting himself front and centre, he really wanted some sort of recognition for his murderous capabilities... it had a terrific importance to him... his original venture into his public campaign was to shirtfront the press gathered around with the surprising information that he had (a) just recently finished his section of tight parole, being released from prison on parole not quite a year ago, and (b) that the crime he was convicted of was abduction and rape of a young woman worker on his parents tobacco farm. Just the kind of news that the press , naturally enough , were very interested in and hastened to tell the local coppers of this strange interesting person who was Karen's neighbor.

I am putting this up just for reference in addition to the other sites re parolees etc....

Parents of Elsa Corp suing the state over her murder at hands of parolee

THE parents of a Victorian woman murdered by a man on parole are suing the state, representing the sixth family this year to do so.

Elsa Corp, 26, was killed by David Patrick Clifford in a brutal, drug-induced, psychotic rage in a Melbourne hotel in 2010.

At the time of the murder, he was on parole for drug offences and on bail after being charged with the violent assault of two men in 2008.

The hairdresser&#8217;s parents, Gillian and Andrew Corp, are claiming the state was at all times responsible for Clifford, including assessing his suitability for release, creating suitable conditions of parole, monitoring him, and protecting the public from him.

They represent the sixth family of a murder victim to launch legal action against the government this year.

In June, the families of five people murdered between 2009 and 2012 &#8212; Sarah Cafferkey, Raechel Betts, Joanne Wicking, Evan Rudd and Douglas Phillips &#8212; lodged similar claims of negligence in a co-ordinated legal action that also includes two sexual-assault survivors.

All eight cases are being handled by Shine Lawyers, but it is not yet known if the Corps will join the other proceedings.

A Victorian government spokesman on Saturday acknowledged the &#8220;tragic and heartbreaking&#8221; losses and said the parole system had been comprehensively reformed in recent years.

The state government says it won&#8217;t comment any further on the matter while it is before the courts.

How long are assets seized for when someone is in jail? Specifically speaking about Cardamone? His house and land are empty with security signs out front and presumably security cameras on the property too.

FYI
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...etcuti-murder-could-contest-killers-identity/

Barrister for man charged over Karen Chetcuti murder could contest killer&#8217;s identity
Angus Thompson, Herald Sun
22 minutes ago

Michael Cardamone, 49, has faced court over the death of Ms Karen Chetcuti for the second time...
He is charged with murdering the popular mother of two on January 12 this year...
But his barrister, Brendan Wilkinson, told Wangaratta Magistrates&#8217; Court this morning his client may not be the killer.
&#8220;The identification of the offender is the issue in this case,&#8221; Mr Wilkinson said.
Mr Cardamone is yet to enter a formal plea...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cry2ZtJWYAAN09w.jpg

Cardamone's Committal Mention adjourned to 26th September 2016.

How long are assets seized for when someone is in jail? Specifically speaking about Cardamone? His house and land are empty with security signs out front and presumably security cameras on the property too.

I don't think a persons assets can be seized by the Govt unless they profited from the crime, that is, the assets are derived from the money from a criminal act. ...

It's interesting that the house he and Mumma lived in is empty, Humm... is the sisters house next door still operative? . and do they still do the school bus run?... maybe mum has gone back to living with the daughter.

I don't think a persons assets can be seized by the Govt unless they profited from the crime, that is, the assets are derived from the money from a criminal act. ...

It's interesting that the house he and Mumma lived in is empty, Humm... is the sisters house next door still operative? . and do they still do the school bus run?... maybe mum has gone back to living with the daughter.

Interesting....
The cream house that Mum lived in was on the market but has since sold - she lives in town with a daughter now.
The agent has said that the brick farm house is in his name and his assets are frozen and it can't be sold. Maybe that's a stretch from the estate agent?
They still own the school bus run but it's been operated by others for a while now (before all this).
Apparently he's got a few assets, including being a half owner of a brothel in Albury...

Also, Karen's house went on the market on Friday with an offer received the same day and expected to be accepted! About 200k below market value...

Interesting....
The cream house that Mum lived in was on the market but has since sold - she lives in town with a daughter now.
The agent has said that the brick farm house is in his name and his assets are frozen and it can't be sold. Maybe that's a stretch from the estate agent?
They still own the school bus run but it's been operated by others for a while now (before all this).
Apparently he's got a few assets, including being a half owner of a brothel in Albury...

I would be more inclined to believe that his assets are frozen because his lawyer has put a lien on them, in respect of his upcoming and ogoing fees... that would be more likely the case , I don't think the govt would be doing that.. .. when the money that could be expected from his assets run out, then they all have to sold and moneys derived paid to his creditors, and then he has to apply for Legal Aid.. ..

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4189214/murder-charge-heads-to-hearing/?cs=11

The man accused of murdering Whorouly woman Karen Chetcuti will face a three-day committal hearing in March.

Police have interviewed a total of 131 witnesses to build their case against Michael Cardamone, 49.

The defence will question 15 of the witnesses, including forensic experts.

Cardamone was charged with the murder of his neighbour in January after Ms Chetcuti&#8217;s body was found near Lake Buffalo.

Lawyer Brendan Wilkinson previously said his client would contest charges because his identity as the alleged murderer was in question.

“There's no DNA evidence at this point,” he said in Wangaratta Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

Cardamone appeared via video-link with a shaved head and without the grey beard he had two weeks ago.

Mr Wilkinson said his client would appear at the committal hearing in Wangaratta in person.

The case was adjourned for a committal hearing to run from March 8 to 10.

The witness list could be extended to 16 people if police entered DNA evidence before the hearing.

what this appears to be is.. Cardamone is pleading not guilty, at this point, it seems, not guilty on the grounds of misidentification of the perpetrator.... according to his lawyer, who is basing this concept on the idea that there is no DNA...

the Prosecution appears to be lining up about 5 busloads of witnesses, of whom about 6 are DNA experts.. so there is a conflict, already. ..

Because of this not guilty plea, the whole event is moved into March 2017, instead of November 2016, which I had pencilled into my calendar as finding urgent matters to attend in Wangaratta, for at least 2 days.. March 2017... I don't know. The broad outline of the case against Cardamone will be somewhat revealed at the committal hearing, but really, just enough to ensure there is a case to answer. ..

Wangaratta is a small courthouse, .. a lot bigger than some country cities, but even so, it isn't huge, and it quite possibly will be hot in March in Wang.. around 30 or 33 C.. someone told me the courthouse isn't air conditioned... can that possibly be true?..

My friend in Wangaratta said Cardamone looked truly insane in the video link, he was at court on other business and couldn't resist popping in to the viewing centre, more insane than anything he has seen before, .. a lot of things could change as time rolls on, in regard to this current plea, and current date...

March is a long way out in the context of someone on Legal Aid and being confronted with elements of the Prosecution case against, as the Prosecution has to do.. .... however, if he has assets, like the house, and the 1/2 share in the brothel, then that's awaiting realisation of those assets into exchangeable currency, he wont get legal aid until he is utterly totally broke, absolutely indigent , without a cent to his name, and possibly some of his family assets as well.

hideous stuff for the two kids .. . .

the other thing.. .. this plan of Brendan Wilkinson to cast doubt on identity , and DNA and what not.. I cant see it getting up legs and running, because Cardamone took the police to where he had dumped and burned Karen's body, up by Lake Buffalo.. ( I think, or Lake Something ) out south west of Myrtleford... only he , in the whole world knew she was dead for certain and where her remains were.. She may not have been found for a thousand years otherwise.

One thing that drives me nuts, .. he took her car up to Mount Lookout, which peers over Myrtleford houses, on the north side of town, set it alight, and then.... and then, how did he get back to Whorouly? did anyone pick him up? what did he give as a reason for the lift?.....

the other thing.. .. this plan of Brendan Wilkinson to cast doubt on identity , and DNA and what not.. I cant see it getting up legs and running, because Cardamone took the police to where he had dumped and burned Karen's body, up by Lake Buffalo.. ( I think, or Lake Something ) out south west of Myrtleford... only he , in the whole world knew she was dead for certain and where her remains were.. She may not have been found for a thousand years otherwise.

One thing that drives me nuts, .. he took her car up to Mount Lookout, which peers over Myrtleford houses, on the north side of town, set it alight, and then.... and then, how did he get back to Whorouly? did anyone pick him up? what did he give as a reason for the lift?.....

Maybe one of the witnesses is a taxi driver.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back