Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But wait, not all gamblers in the Mahogany Room are deranged psychopathic killers ..... at least I hope not 🤔 perhaps BR was laundering money for VR .... or is it possible loan shark had him doing it to pay off debts? Possible, maybe. Then again he may have spent KRs inheritance and she found out and went, err, 'ballistic' ....

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

There is a saying "the straw that broke the camels back" . I just feel that is the point that KR was at when she allegedly went ballistic, never to be seen again. Trusting LE will arrest soon.

I've been hoping all along it wasn't Borce but if the high-stakes gambling is true (and we're hearing about it from multiple places), I'm conceding defeat. South Aussie ventured a scenario a couple of days ago . . . yes, I can just see it.
Was he betting on horses and playing Pokies in between his Uber and Mahagony,? All these people are losers in the end, losing big amounts of money.

People get tired with marriage and look for ways to escape boring daily routine, Borce found solace in gambling and now that might have lead to all this. Kr was working her *advertiser censored* off while BR was gambling money away and possibly borrowing $$ from doggie people with high interest.
Gambling is known to be dangerous addiction that destroys marriages and lives

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

But wait, not all gamblers in the Mahogany Room are deranged psychopathic killers ..... at least I hope not ��
(snipped)

I know, but, the case against Borce, well, all those little things I can find an explanation for, like, the fact that he forgot that he went for a drive that day, well, William Tyrrell's foster mother forgot that she was extremely puzzled by the presence of cars in the street just before William went missing, so, maybe the stress of Karen going missing made Borce completely forget that drive until reminded. And the fuel gauge, well, maybe Karen had said she thought there was a problem with the fuel gauge, and when Borce couldn't detect a problem, he thought that he'd fixed it by going over a bump, because that did the trick once with some other car. And the hypothesis that he's allowing himself to be suspected in order to protect his son, yeah, maybe, but it's all a s-t-r-e-t-c-h. The only thing actually against Borce-did-it has been a feeling that he's not a murdering type of person, not a wife-controller, not a slimy would-be charmer. If he'd killed Karen in an explosion of temper, I think he would have done the respectable thing, called an ambulance and taken the fall-out, not transported the body and lied. But throw in a gambling addiction and its consequences and everything changes. (I had a gambling addict in my family.)

Interesting that father and son have addictive behaviours.

Whoever killed this woman Karen needs a fair trial then put away for a long time.

I'm hearing rumours about the gambling, something triggered the fury.
Gambling, debts or lover? Maybe all three.
I've said all along it was BR but what is the reason behind the murder?!?

Attachments

• IMG_1534.JPG
    IMG_1534.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 41
Yes indeed ..... interesting. Wonder how long he's been a VIP member 🤔 may coincide with taking over as director in Feb. Can't really see Crown saying, 'ooh, we've got our highrolling Ubers flying in from China for the weekend, get the rooms ready' .....doesn't have the same ring to it as 'businessmen' .... just my opinion🙄

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Is it a fact BR is a VIP member? Could Karen, also have been a VIP member if BR was/is? I think it's possible myself, how about you others?

Interesting that father and son have addictive behaviours.
Yes, it is interesting in a way, I suppose! But for all we know, Karen may also have liked a bet or two, either now and again, or...... as much as BR and AR. We just don't know. I'm trying to keep an open mind here is all. Not bashing anyone of them. ALL MOO

Is it a fact BR is a VIP member? Could Karen, also have been a VIP member if BR was/is? I think it's possible myself, how about you others?

Like JLZ, I knew a gambling addict/high rollers/get-rich-quick-schemes man - many years ago. Not in my family, but in a family I was very close to, at the time. He wasn't necessarily a bad man, was liked by many people and was quite charming - but he was an addicted man - and that addiction led to bad things.

The wife was so busy working her tail off to continue the mortgage payments, put food on the table, pay bills, keep the children's private school fees paid, she didn't have a moment to join her husband in his gambling habit. Nor would she have - she detested what gambling had done to their lives, but tried her best to keep up appearances, for the children, and because he insisted on it.

They had a beautiful big home, nice cars, nice things ... all bought when times were very good. But when times were bad, which was often, he continued his life of gambling, affairs, and the like - while she worked extra hard to keep things okay for their children.

The wife wanted to leave at least several times that I knew of, but a little like Karen, she had signed her name on business and private documents - his credit was evidently very poor - and so that, and other types of manipulation kept her with him. After all, she was the bread winner. He couldn't let her walk away.

Yes, it is interesting in a way, I suppose! But for all we know, Karen may also have liked a bet or two, either now and again, or...... as much as BR and AR. We just don't know. I'm trying to keep an open mind here is all. Not bashing anyone of them. ALL MOO

And you are certainly keeping the conversation open and going and thought-filled . :)

Like JLZ, I knew a gambling addict/high rollers/get-rich-quick-schemes man - many years ago. Not in my family, but in a family I was very close to, at the time. He wasn't necessarily a bad man, was liked by many people and was quite charming - but he was an addicted man - and that addiction led to bad things.

The wife was so busy working her tail off to continue the mortgage payments, put food on the table, pay bills, keep the children's private school fees paid, she didn't have a moment to join her husband in his gambling habit. Nor would she have - she detested what gambling had done to their lives, but tried her best to keep up appearances, for the children, and because he insisted on it.

They had a beautiful big home, nice cars, nice things ... all bought when times were very good. But when times were bad, which was often, he continued his life of gambling, affairs, and the like - while she worked extra hard to keep things okay for their children.

The wife wanted to leave at least several times that I knew of, but a little like Karen, she had signed her name on business and private documents - his credit was evidently very poor - and so that, and other types of manipulation kept her with him. After all, she was the bread winner. He couldn't let her walk away.
Thanks SouthAussie,

I agree with everything with what you and JLZ say. It's just that I've known couples where the role is reversed too. It's the husband who's working his butt off and the wife is the one with the addiction. Not saying at all that this is the case with BR and KR because we know differently. I also know several couples who are both addicted to the gambling scene. I was just curious as to whether KR was also a VIP member. Doesn't make her an addict if she was. I would like to know if it is fact that BR is a VIP member and of course, if he was, was Karen too. Know what I mean? :D

Thanks SouthAussie,

I agree with everything with what you and JLZ say. It's just that I've known couples where the role is reversed too. It's the husband who's working his butt off and the wife is the one with the addiction. Not saying at all that this is the case with BR and KR because we know differently. I also know several couples who are both addicted to the gambling scene. I was just curious as to whether KR was also a VIP member. Doesn't make her an addict if she was. I would like to know if it is fact that BR is a VIP member and of course, if he was, was Karen too. Know what I mean? :D

Yes, gotcha! :D

Though there seems to be evidence of Karen working hard. Borce? Appearances at the shop, Uber driving. Guess I am not so sure about him.

Thanks SouthAussie,

I would also like to know whether the VIP membership is a fact. At this stage it's just a rumour and such a prejudicial one.

Though there seems to be evidence of Karen working hard. Borce? Appearances at the shop, Uber driving. Guess I am not so sure about him.
He may have worked hard at housekeeping and parenting, hence some of the contempt emanating from AR and perhaps VR.

He may have worked hard at housekeeping and parenting, hence some of the contempt emanating from AR and perhaps VR.

This is true. He may have done a lot of things. Let's hope we find out soon.

Where did the gambling rumour come from?

Remember also among the ant nest rangs where cheques for pokie wins, the family that gambles together maybe? pokies suck people in so badly.

I feel like there is something in this case we know nothing about.

I am not sure about him either. I am not sure about much, except that Karen did not do a runner overseas on a fake passport as VR suggested.:rolleyes:
Did she really go overseas every month for about 10 years as VR suggested?
If the store is still open then it seems the rent, bills and wages are still being paid many months later.
I am sure it is in the threads somewhere but when did the Broadmeadows store actually cease trading?

The Australian has never claimed the family were on the verge of losing their home, or that the family-owned Bella Bleu Broadmeadows store closed two weeks before Ms Ristevski went missing — two issues with which Mr Ristevski took umbrage. What was revealed is that the couple were involved in a series of troubled business ventures.
Before Warrant Brands, Mr Ristevski ran the similarly named clothing company Warrant, which closed in September 2012 after legal action by Ms Ristevski’s former best friend, lawyer Natalie Bannister, and Ms Bannister’s then partner, art dealer Mark Norton.

The caveat was put on the home on the 23 Feb 2016 the same day Karen resigned as director of Warrant Brands.
Is the back rent still owing on Broadmeadows, were they locked out? Or was it paid and that store simply closed down?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...i/news-story/d422c5b7b1ec303298d398f023d3327a

I am not sure about him either. I am not sure about much, except that Karen did not do a runner overseas on a fake passport as VR suggested.:rolleyes:
If the store is still open then it seems the rent, bills and wages are still being paid many months later.
I am sure it is in the threads somewhere but when did the Broadmeadows store actually cease trading?

The Australian has never claimed the family were on the verge of losing their home, or that the family-owned Bella Bleu Broadmeadows store closed two weeks before Ms Ristevski went missing — two issues with which Mr Ristevski took umbrage. What was revealed is that the couple were involved in a series of troubled business ventures.
Before Warrant Brands, Mr Ristevski ran the similarly named clothing company Warrant, which closed in September 2012 after legal action by Ms Ristevski’s former best friend, lawyer Natalie Bannister, and Ms Bannister’s then partner, art dealer Mark Norton.

The caveat was put on the home on the 23 Feb 2016 the same day Karen resigned as director of Warrant Brands.
Is the back rent still owing on Broadmeadows, were they locked out? Or was it paid and that store simply closed down?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...i/news-story/d422c5b7b1ec303298d398f023d3327a

Warrant

is a very curious name for a business.

Not one public appeal by BR / SR after the funeral, when you need to keep momentum going. Not one public statement thanking LE for ther hard work.

Almost as if they want to forget about it.

Broadmeadows store ceased trading in February 2016...
only 4 months before Karen's death...the same time that the caveat was put on the home, as well as Karen's resignation as Director of Warrant Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper