Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's assume that BR is responsible for KR's death and that SR knows something that could help police. What would it take for her to come out and say something?

Wouldn't she need to live somewhere else not known to him and have witness protection plus enough money to live on?

While SR could be living in fear of BR and dependent on him financially, I think it is unlikely she would come forward until she feels safe and independent on him financially.

It could be the kind of scenario that you suggest, but I also think it could just be that her loyalties to him trump those to her mother. I think the allegations made by AR could have caused this, whether they are valid or not is perhaps beside the point. If AR believes it, maybe BR does too and maybe SR does then as well. Imagine a world where you believe your mother did such a thing to your father and step-brother, and your long-suffering father has blown up in a moment of rage and done something un-doable. You could still grieve your mother without feeling the need to drop Dad in it.

The thing is, if BR was any sort of a decent man, he would not expect that of her after what he has likely done to Karen. Ring the police, spill your guts from A to Z and go get your piss weak sentence off the courts.

Imagine the genders flipped around and we'd have a lot easier time swallowing this scenario and I don't think AR's allegations would be so quickly side-stepped as the ranting of a drug addict with more issues than Cosmo.

If BR is responsible, SR may believe he had nothing to do with it for the same reason the police haven't arrested him - not enough evidence. Except, SR also has an emotional reason to stand by BR. She may have doubts now and then, but i can see why she'd stick by him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The article is about Samuel Johnson's Logie nomination.
This about Karen.

One of the dedicated tribe was the late Karen Ristevski, and Johnson said he and Connie are still devastated after her body was found.
“We lost a beautiful (Love Your Sister) villager,” he said.
“She would look after Connie whenever she was in town.
“That family have just looked after my sister so well, and we have had Karen in our homes.
“We are still devastated.
“It’s a tragic loss for the family but so to for our village.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...s/news-story/b2e8563bd86c0379ba334ef44fb5fe9e

The article is about Samuel Johnson's Logie nomination.
This about Karen.

One of the dedicated tribe was the late Karen Ristevski, and Johnson said he and Connie are still devastated after her body was found.
“We lost a beautiful (Love Your Sister) villager,” he said.
“She would look after Connie whenever she was in town.
“That family have just looked after my sister so well, and we have had Karen in our homes.
“We are still devastated.
“It’s a tragic loss for the family but so to for our village.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...s/news-story/b2e8563bd86c0379ba334ef44fb5fe9e

I am so thankful for the nice things that Sam has publicly said about Karen. And the lovely things her staff, birth family, and friends have said, also. This poor murdered woman has had her name dragged through the mud by her ice-addicted stepson, with not a shred of proof provided about his allegations.

As if it is not bad enough that her husband won't help the police, her daughter will not help the police. All her marriage family seem to care about is money ... Borce, Sarah, and Anthony.

Thanks for the reminder, soso. :loveyou:

Imagine the genders flipped around and we'd have a lot easier time swallowing this scenario and I don't think AR's allegations would be so quickly side-stepped as the ranting of a drug addict with more issues than Cosmo.

RSBM

Don't know about anyone else, but this is not at all a gender issue for me. It is an issue of ...

- Proof via previous reporting to authorities (my gosh, he was in rehab enough to spill the beans there - and under previous police arrest, opportunity again to spill the beans and do something about his allegtions)

- And timing (after Karen's murder, when she could no longer speak for herself)

- And attention-seeking (everything he posts is seeking attention, perhaps a lifelong tendency)

- And 'woe is me' (something he expounds on a lot in his FB posts about his mother's partners and his father, during his childhood, adolescence, and now)

- And a lot of anger towards his father, as per his FB posts (how better to get back at his father's emotions, when nothing else seems to work?)

-- And outrageous, shocking ridiculousness (as his FB posts seem to be)

- And negligent lack of care for his own children (the ice and himself are so much more important than straightening up for them, supporting them, or even seeing them on their birthdays)

- And money (he'll tell more of his story if MSM gives him a couple of hundred thousand bucks).

To me, this cumulatively paints a portrait of someone with questionable ethics, intent, sanity, and reason.

RSBM

Don't know about anyone else, but this is not at all a gender issue for me. It is an issue of ...

- Proof via previous reporting to authorities (my gosh, he was in rehab enough to spill the beans there - and under previous police arrest, opportunity again to spill the beans and do something about his allegtions)

- And timing (after Karen's murder, when she could no longer speak for herself)

- And attention-seeking (everything he posts is seeking attention, perhaps a lifelong tendency)

- And 'woe is me' (something he expounds on a lot in his FB posts about his mother's partners and his father, during his childhood, adolescence, and now)

- And a lot of anger towards his father, as per his FB posts (how better to get back at his father's emotions, when nothing else seems to work?)

-- And outrageous, shocking ridiculousness (as his FB posts seem to be)

- And negligent lack of care for his own children (the ice and himself are so much more important than straightening up for them, supporting them, or even seeing them on their birthdays)

- And money (he'll tell more of his story if MSM gives him a couple of hundred thousand bucks).

To me, this cumulatively paints a portrait of someone with questionable ethics, intent, sanity, and reason.

No gender issue for me either SA.
Are we certain that AR has actually been in rehab? Or was jail considered his rehab stint?

11 August 2016
AR confirmed he would make a more detailed statement to the police within a month.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/75ebaacfe5d224946b5ab8c637bf5a6a

23 August 2016
Asked whether he would like to make a fresh appeal for information, Mr Ristevski said: “We have been told (by police) that we strongly recommend that you don’t speak to the media. They’re telling us that they’re going through all the phone-ins, and whatever else, and we don’t need anything extra at this stage.

Yet, Borce phoned the media and gave his first exclusive interview to the Herald Sun...clearly took no notice of the police.

“The police are saying we just want to go through all that first, otherwise we will just keep getting information and we can’t go through it. We want at least two or three weeks to go through all this and then we will do another appeal,” he said.

The police were left scratching their head on the 8 July, so many unanswered questions.
The police don't want anymore info because they won't be able to go through it. :facepalm:
That appeal in two or three weeks never came.

Mr Ristevski dismissed as “fantasy” claims by his son Anthony Rickard, a confessed ice user, that he had overheard Mrs Ristevski talking about leaving Borce when their daughter Sarah turned 21......

“Why would he come up with that?” Mr Ristevski said.
“You really need to speak to an expert on that type of addict, because I’m not an expert,” Mr Ristevski said.
“All I’m interested in right now is the facts

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/6a86e6a8f88bba261e8190e807891098

So BR dismissed AR comment about KR leaving him as fantasy. While BR is no expert I guess it is reasonable then to assume that all of AR's rambling could be considered fantasy with no basis.
I just do not understand why BR did not address the accusation about his wife. If only to state the fact it was just another of AR's fantasies.
AR is a self confessed ice addict. Interesting that BR defines AR addiction as that type. Substance and process addiction are inherently similar.
But I guess some do not identify or confess to having an addiction.
imo

It's not about the legitimacy of his claims, it's about the impact of the claims. He rang 10 days before to drag it all up. Regardless of what we think of him that's an issue they couldn't​ just sidestep ... It would be a major stressor and potential instigator of whatever went down and could definitely skew family dynamics whereby Sarah is going to stand by her Dad.

I don't want to disparage Karen, even if she did do what he says, she was the ultimate victim. I want her killer to face justice.

It's not about the legitimacy of his claims, it's about the impact of the claims. He rang 10 days before to drag it all up. Regardless of what we think of him that's an issue they couldn't​ just sidestep ... It would be a major stressor and potential instigator of whatever went down and could definitely skew family dynamics whereby Sarah is going to stand by her Dad.

I don't want to disparage Karen, even if she did do what he says, she was the ultimate victim. I want her killer to face justice.

CR said on the ACA interview that according to his girlfriend. AR had rung KR to ask for money for rehab .

CR said on the ACA interview that according to his girlfriend. AR had rung KR to ask for money for rehab .

Perhaps, it's not a big stretch to imagine BR told people AR rang for money rather than state the allegation and lose face. AR would probably manipulate with "you did this to me so pay for more rehab" anyway. BR will be managing people's impressions.

I dunno, I probably shouldn't pursue this line of speculation. I just don't necessarily think Sarah is in fear of BR, and I also think her motivations might be a lot more sympathetic if we had the whole picture. Poor kid. Her father needs to clear it up so she can be broken free of this horrific dynamic.

I used to have a lot of empathy for Sarah. But as time is slipping by, and the police evidently needing more help (according to Charlie Bezzina), I find her non-cooperation with the police very arrogant, and disrespectful toward her murdered mother.

The are so many children/young adults who have testified against a parent in the murder of their other parent. They have been in the same presumed predicament as Sarah, but have stepped forward and done the right thing ... despite loving both parents.

There are heaps of examples out there ... here are just a few.

The eldest daughter of an El Cajon man accused of killing his wife last year in the family’s house testified Thursday that she was at home in bed when she heard a squeal and then the sound of breaking glass coming from the downstairs area of the residence.
“I saw her blood. I was in shock,” the young woman testified in El Cajon Superior Court.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-el-cajon-iraqi-murder-wife-2013jul25-story.html
A 13-year-old gave a tearful testimony against her father who is accused of murdering her mother on Christmas Day - and allegedly assaulted her and called her a '*advertiser censored*' in the days leading up to her death.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-against-dad-murdered-mom-Christmas-Day.html
The Oshakati High Court came to a standstill when an emotional Simaneka Shipanga paused to shed tears as he spoke about the barbaric murder of his mother who was shot and burnt to death by his father at the family home.
https://www.newera.com.na/2016/11/04/son-testifies-against-father-accused-of-murder/
The son of a Pompano Beach man on trial for murder took the stand for the prosecution Tuesday, telling a Broward jury how his father led him straight to his slain mother's body.
"I still love you dad," he said in the video. "I don't know what happened. I still love you."
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-oulton-son-testifies-20150825-story.html
A son took the stand in his mother's murder trial Wednesday to testify against his father.
Pelle also described his father's erratic behavior in the hours after his mother died, including a moment when he sat down on his son's bed and said to the young man, then still a teenager, 'What if I killed her and I don't remember?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...taging-look-like-suicide-children-school.html

Perhaps, it's not a big stretch to imagine BR told people AR rang for money rather than state the allegation and lose face. AR would probably manipulate with "you did this to me so pay for more rehab" anyway. BR will be managing people's impressions.

I dunno, I probably shouldn't pursue this line of speculation. I just don't necessarily think Sarah is in fear of BR, and I also think her motivations might be a lot more sympathetic if we had the whole picture. Poor kid. Her father needs to clear it up so she can be broken free of this horrific dynamic.

I agree not a big stretch.
CR did not have a lot of nice things to say about AR in that interview. But he did say that it was AR's girlfriend that told him that AR rung Karen to ask for money for rehab .... not Borce.

I used to have a lot of empathy for Sarah. But as time is slipping by, and the police evidently needing more help (according to Charlie Bezzina), I find her non-cooperation with the police very arrogant, and disrespectful toward her murdered mother.

The are so many children/young adults who have testified against a parent in the murder of their other parent. They have been in the same presumed predicament as Sarah, but have stepped forward and done the right thing ... despite loving both parents.

There are heaps of examples out there ... here are just a few.

Yep!!
If she believes he is innocent speak to the police. If she has doubts speak to the police. If she knows anything no matter how small speak to the police.
imo

I agree not a big stretch.
CR did not have a lot of nice things to say about AR in that interview. But he did say that it was AR's girlfriend that told him that AR rung Karen to ask for money for rehab .... not Borce.

The nephew of missing Avondale Heights mum Karen Ristevski has hit out at the 47-year-old's stepson who has allegedly been trying to cash-in on the suspicious disappearance.
Ms Ristevski's nephew Chris, speaking on the program, has labelled the move disgusting.

Also alleging Mr Rickard had tried to get Karen and Borse Ristevski to pay for rehab for his ice addiction just days before the 47-year-old went missing in late June.
"He's used everyone around him, he's used Karen and Borse"

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/the-step...gin-on-her-disappearance-20160825-gr1ipa.html

I also think Vasko can shoulder some blame for fuelling the fire about the horrible allegations. Who knows if he has even helped fund Anthony's addiction to get the allegations going. Nothing would surprise me with this family.

He sidesteps nicely by calling the allegations 'rumours' (not incidents, not affair, not liaison ... rumours) and yet he would surely know if there was any validity to the claims, with his evident close connection to Borce.

The new search comes just hours after Karen's brother-in-law claimed she had run away and was in hiding.
“I reckon she’s run away. That’s my feeling, what with all the rumours going on about [her stepson] Anthony [Rickard]," Vasko Ristevski told NewsCorp.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...iday-spot-dismiss-claims-shes-overseas/#page1

I also think Vasko has a lot to do with fuelling the fire about the horrible allegations. Who knows if he has even helped fund Anthony's addiction to keep the allegations going. Nothing would surprise me with this family.

Speaking from his Hoppers Crossing home, Vasko Ristevski said his brother did not have it in him to murder his wife.
“A lot of husbands do that (murder) for some reason, but no way is Borce capable of that,” he said.
Mr Ristevski said family tensions between Mrs Ristevski and her stepson, Anthony Rickard, may have taken a toll on her marriage, leading her to plan her disappearance once her daughter Sarah turned 21.
“I reckon she’s run away. That’s my feeling, what with all the rumours going on about Anthony (Rickard),” he said.

“She’s been going overseas to America and Hong Kong each month for the past 10 years on business, and I’m told it’s fairly easy to get a false passport.
“I did put the rumours (about Rickard) to Borce, but he said Karen’s not here to answer them.
“I don’t think she will come back, I reckon she’s gone for good.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...w/news-story/f1a2bc0fa13ed4af5144c1732e1d772f

Just in case anyone was interested.
“My wife was there on Saturday and when she came home she said: ‘You should see your brother, he’s got red eyes’, so he must be crying a lot,” he said.
“The last time I saw him (Borce) was at the press conference, because he has told me to stay away from his house because the media are outside.” :facepalm:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...w/news-story/b972fba3710b6668b8b140d5d706954e

“I did put the rumours (about Rickard) to Borce, but he said Karen’s not here to answer them.
“I don’t think she will come back, I reckon she’s gone for good.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...w/news-story/f1a2bc0fa13ed4af5144c1732e1d772f

Yep. And I wonder what else Borce said - if he said that at all - "Let the public think whatever they want. Disparage Karen as much as they want. I don't care. As long as they are not looking at me (or you, Vasko)"??

Charlie Bezzina also questioned Ant's motivation for making such allegations.

"In my years as an investigator, I've never come across something like this," Mr Bezzina told A Current Affair.

"As an investigator, you look at it and say, what are his motives? Is he out there to muddy the waters? Is he just a desperate person who just wants dollars from a media organisation? What are his motives in relation to doing it?"

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...tepson-makes-cash-grab-for-tel-lall-interview

I think it's obvious that the allegations are true otherwise the police would have gone on record to dismiss them & her brother or Aunty would have defended her honour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3