Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have been looking all over for info about Tim Day. Because I was wondering why the Missing Persons Squad is continuing to be lead investigators in this homicide.

It appears that Tim Day is previously from the Homicide Squad. I have found lots of articles where he has been spokesperson in the media about various homicide cases. Up until 2011, as far as I can see.
Cases involving domestic assault, murder-then-a-fire, fatal stabbing, a case where family threatened reprisals (not against the police) after a shooting murder.

From a relevant book about a case - Portland hair salon murder - Tim Day also tried his hardest to get permission and encourage other police to publicly talk about a case, as he felt it could only help them with the case. His requests were denied.

In 2004, Tim also orchestrated an elaborate sting (along with another officer) to ensnare the rapist and murderer of a 6-year old girl in a cold case from 1982. They caught the guy, and he was finally made to face justice.

Cold case:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...t/news-story/00b3c6d59c960ab6394f66cc4cfd3bf5

Other articles I have spoken about:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-08-18/homicide-squad-investigating-two-deaths/1394446
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-02-24/man-charged-over-albion-stabbing/1955266?pfmredir=sm
http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-new...tens-reprisal-over-killing-20090622-csrr.html

Love your work, do remember the hair salon murder in Portland.

If the neighbours cctv captured KR's time of leaving the house, it likely captured the return time, and perhaps earlier than 10AM and later that afternoon........

Can you imagine Borcey Boy racing over to the neighbours.

HUH? What cameras!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 39
attachment.php

I am puzzled about when that photo was taken. Surely all of the leaves and branches were removed during forensic investigations and before media had access to the site.

It is possible ACA (or someone) made the site more newsworthy.
When the cyclist was present, I don't actually see any bare spots like the one that Charlie Bezzina was scratching around in.

This pic is from right after the police had removed Karen's remains and were done with the crime scene.

xdukxu.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ushland-search-continues-20170221-guhkcw.html

This pic is from when ACA were just there.

1zef5uu.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4607884/CCTV-footage-Karen-Ristevski-s-car-released.html

Hang on I'm just applying the spray tan.
I gotta look pwerrrrty. :D
Im still waiting for my other half to get home earlier enough to get a pic of the old girl in the boot of the car for suspension/weight purpose. Raise you a spray and chuck in a wax ........and im talking about the car!!!!! One needs to retain a black sense of humour.

I think those CCTV recordings are date and time stamped, aren't they? Hence, the 11:10am sighting ... on that day.

If the defence could argue about that, they could also argue about all the telecoms ping times and dates, too.

Perhaps some things have to be trusted as being accurate. Especially if there have been no previous incidences of these particular things being inaccurate.
Maybe defence counsel do argue about such things. Sometimes they allege police corruption and manufactured evidence. Sometimes the jury buys it, eg O J Simpson. Sometimes the jury doesn't, eg Brad Murdoch. Indeed, sometimes telephone record evidence is discovered to be wrong, eg GBC's Facetime call that didn't happen.

What if LE didn't try to contact those drivers, and then the defence produced as a witness one of them who misremembered that the occasion at Diggers Rest station where he followed the excavator or whatever it was happened a week earlier? Is there a chance the jury might not be convinced the Mercedes was there on the 29th?

LE have to do their best to exclude all suspects, and then work from what remains. They're not supposed to be just building a case to fortify a pet theory. If they can see a method that could potentially prove BR or someone else innocent, they need to pursue it. At least I've read that that's considered best practice in the UK.

It is possible ACA (or someone) made the site more newsworthy.
When the cyclist was present, I don't actually see any bare spots like the one that Charlie Bezzina was scratching around in.

This pic is from right after the police had removed Karen's remains and were done with the crime scene.

xdukxu.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ushland-search-continues-20170221-guhkcw.html

This pic is from when ACA were just there.

1zef5uu.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4607884/CCTV-footage-Karen-Ristevski-s-car-released.html

This pic is from the Daily Mail Feb 24th 2017: Looks very similar.

3D8C56EF00000578-4250852-image-a-27_1487812825723.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...i-body-shovel-Borce-Melbourne-Mt-Macedon.html

Maybe defence counsel do argue about such things. Sometimes they allege police corruption and manufactured evidence. Sometimes the jury buys it, eg O J Simpson. Sometimes the jury doesn't, eg Brad Murdoch. Indeed, sometimes telephone record evidence is discovered to be wrong, eg GBC's Facetime call that didn't happen.

What if LE didn't try to contact those drivers, and then the defence produced as a witness one of them who misremembered that the occasion at Diggers Rest station where he followed the excavator or whatever it was happened a week earlier? Is there a chance the jury might not be convinced the Mercedes was there on the 29th?

LE have to do their best to exclude all suspects, and then work from what remains. They're not supposed to be just building a case to fortify a pet theory. If they can see a method that could potentially prove BR or someone else innocent, they need to pursue it. At least I've read that that's considered best practice in the UK.

Yes, that is true.

I remember though, I think from the presser, Tim Day said something about not knowing what order those vehicles were in before the CCTV ... so maybe he (also) hopes that someone may have seen more inside the sporty-looking car before that point at the railway crossing.

Im still waiting for my other half to get home earlier enough to get a pic of the old girl in the boot of the car for suspension/weight purpose. Raise you a spray and chuck in a wax ........and im talking about the car!!!!! One needs to retain a black sense of humour.

Can you trust your hubby not to lock you in? Are you now worried mmmm? Mmmm?

It appears no wife can trust no husband at the moment!! :D

Looking forward to seeing BR being lead away in cuffs like John Edwards today. T'was truly wonderful.

Just remember the trick of pulling the rear light connections out, emirates. So if 'anyone' tries to drive around with you in the boot, they may get pulled over for no rear lights! :D

Don't worry, though. We'll rescue you! Not that your lovely partner will do that to you. :blowkiss:

A little sick puppy to another have lived next door to my ex husband for 17 years , partner with the same name and school years, one for ACA. Hmm maybe a close call, dual slam boot closure.

Just remember the trick of pulling the rear light connections out, emirates. So if 'anyone' tries to drive around with you in the boot, they may get pulled over for no rear lights! :D

Don't worry, though. We'll rescue you! Not that your lovely partner will do that to you. :blowkiss:

Thank you dear South Aussie same applies.

Hey SA we WS'ers know it's very possible. Ya just never can tell.

Hey emirates quickly google your car to make sure the boot isn't airtight!!

I'ts not that you don't trust him or anything. Mmmmm? Mmmmmm? :D

Has anyone seen BR lately? Do we know where he is?

emerites said the blinds were pulled and the house looked kinda all locked up.
Empty bins outside.....he could have done a runner like SR. :thinking:

He could have take his brother's advice and living in China on a false passport.

Has anyone seen BR lately? Do we know where he is?

Could have moved in with the next woman who is going to basically provide him with a steady income and support, and who may look good on paper for his next shaky business venture?

emerites said the blinds were pulled and the house looked kinda all locked up.
Empty bins outside.....he could have done a runner like SR. :thinking:

He could have take his brother's advice and living in China on a false passport.

Thank you TGY. Interesting. He's clearly somewhere else... The thought that he might try do a runner worries me as a real prospect. Particularly now with LE closing in. Like everyone here, hoping for an arrest soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne