Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...i/news-story/d422c5b7b1ec303298d398f023d3327a

A split has emerged between Victoria Police and the husband of missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski, with the force denying it wants the family to stop talking to the media.

In remarks published yesterday, Borce Ristevski said he had not made a fresh appeal for information about the disappearance of his wife eight weeks ago because police had “strongly recommend(ed)” not speaking to the media.

However, a Victoria Police spokeswoman denied the family was advised to keep quiet. “Police are not in a position to restrict anyone from speaking to the media,” she said.

It is understood that Mr Ristevski also voiced suspicions police were leaking against him to the media. He did not return The Australian’s calls yesterday.

In an interview with the Herald Sun published yesterday, he hit out at what he said was incorrect *information about the family’s *financial situation published by some media outlets. He said police had enough leads to investigate at this stage without again asking the public for information.

“We have been told (by police) that ‘we strongly recommend that you don’t speak to the media’. They’re telling us that they’re going through the phone-ins and whatever else, and we don’t need anything extra at this stage,” said Mr Ristevski, adding he only wanted to correct the record.

“My main concern is getting everyone to understand that Karen hasn’t done a runner on the basis of our finances.”

His interview followed The Weekend Australian’s report on Saturday revealing Mr Ristevski took over as director of his wife’s company, Warrant Brands, in February. Mr Ristevski confirmed The Weekend Australian’s report that he was annoyed that the argument he had with his wife on the day of her disappearance had been reported as being over “financial issues”. He said the argument was only about the previous day’s takings at the family’s boutique, Bella Bleu, in northwestern suburb Taylor Lakes.

Mr Ristevski has told police his wife left the family home in Melbourne’s northwest at 10am on June 29 with $850 and a handbag. He said she wanted to “clear her head” after an argument, and she headed towards the Maribyrnong River.

The Ristevski family last week made unofficial complaints to The Australian about a series of revelations about their business history, but would not speak on the record.

The Australian has never claimed the family were on the verge of losing their home, or that the family-owned Bella Bleu Broadmeadows store closed two weeks before Ms Ristevski went missing — two issues with which Mr Ristevski took umbrage. What was revealed is that the couple were involved in a series of troubled business ventures.

Before Warrant Brands, Mr Ristevski ran the similarly named clothing company Warrant, which closed in September 2012 after legal action by Ms Ristevski’s former best friend, lawyer Natalie Bannister, and Ms Bannister’s then partner, art dealer Mark Norton. The lawsuit came after Warrant borrowed $100,000 from Korse International, a company Mr Ristevski helped form with Ms Bannister and Mr Norton as part of a plan to sell nuts to China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if she did travel frequently and was having an affair with a person overseas. That person may have paid for her flight and be keeping her in hiding. Maybe she had 2 passports or knows someone who can actually provide a false passport. It does happen.

Exporting nuts to China....?
Who owns the farm, did they have shares in that farm and is that we're she's gone for time out?

I doubt Karen is alive.

I feel Karen died that night in the house.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...i/news-story/d422c5b7b1ec303298d398f023d3327a

A split has emerged between Victoria Police and the husband of missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski, with the force denying it wants the family to stop talking to the media.

In remarks published yesterday, Borce Ristevski said he had not made a fresh appeal for information about the disappearance of his wife eight weeks ago because police had “strongly recommend(ed)” not speaking to the media.

That's more than a little interesting. H'mm, someone's been telling porky pies, it would seem.

Spontaneous thought ............. just on the off chance KR isn't in China or USA, I reckon it'd be a good idea to have a Find Karen Day down the river, have a barbecue at Canning Reserve, get all the locals involved, kayaks, boats on the river, defence volunteers to search their land .... I'd be up for it. Wonder if that's something the family would like to organise, or would it be just a waste of time? :thinking:

Hi all! I haven't been posting or following as much, you know life has gotten in the way!! But I'm all ready to jump right back in & share thoughts with you all again
I see there has been a whole new thread & need to catch up but from what I can gather there is nothing new?

VR is a real character hey? Seriously this guy comes out at random times & says complete random totally unbelievable things! Im surprised the media is pandering to him

There's an underworld figure with the surname Ristevski. Maybe they are related. Maybe that's why BR isn't saying anything, in fear of his or his and Sarah's life.

Ristevski is a real common name in Macedonia. Its almost what a Smith would be here

That's more than a little interesting. H'mm, someone's been telling porky pies, it would seem.

Spontaneous thought ............. just on the off chance KR isn't in China or USA, I reckon it'd be a good idea to have a Find Karen Day down the river, have a barbecue at Canning Reserve, get all the locals involved, kayaks, boats on the river, defence volunteers to search their land .... I'd be up for it. Wonder if that's something the family would like to organise, or would it be just a waste of time? :thinking:

Whoops, was trying to quote few lines from Westside sleuth's newspaper article but messed up on the bubble quotes appearing, sorry about that.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but that's exactly what Baden-Clay said why he did not help with the search or make a public appeal. Because the police told him not to and the police then too strongly denied that!

As for 'A Help Find Karen Day' it sounds a good idea but I'll bet my bottom dollar the family might show their faces but would not participate. Obviously Borce apparently is too precious to take any questions at this time. All too hard poor pumpkin.

Usually I think BR did it. He's plain peculiar in every response

Occasionally I think maybe she has fled. We know so little about this woman, why do so few speak up about her? Maybe she is just an odd duck and now that some private things are being publicly aired she has decided to leave her life and start over... it could happen?

I found this site due to the strangeness of this case, and after reading every post in these threads I find it stranger still. I'm not a person who gets vibes or gut reactions... this is a perplexing one and I keep thinking about it. :confused:

Hi all! I haven't been posting or following as much, you know life has gotten in the way!! But I'm all ready to jump right back in & share thoughts with you all again
I see there has been a whole new thread & need to catch up but from what I can gather there is nothing new?

VR is a real character hey? Seriously this guy comes out at random times & says complete random totally unbelievable things! Im surprised the media is pandering to him

The media and LE love these loose canons. They'll pander to them as much as possible. They are the ones that can bring the perp undone.

Occasionally I think maybe she has fled. We know so little about this woman, why do so few speak up about her? Maybe she is just an odd duck and now that some private things are being publicly aired she has decided to leave her life and start over... it could happen?

I found this site due to the strangeness of this case, and after reading every post in these threads I find it stranger still. I'm not a person who gets vibes or gut reactions... this is a perplexing one and I keep thinking about it. :confused:

A huge welcome to you.
Ah yes it's certainly perplexing. What a tangled web there is.

Welcome LHouston!!! Peculiar is exactly what it is. Great first post.

:banghead: Argggg.. This is so frustrating. Please tell me you all feel the same... This weekend marks 2 months since Karen has vanished :hiding: ... and to be honest I feel like NO one gives a hoot (meaning the family)... where is the Aunt!!!! she did one press conference and then she went into hiding as well:hiding:... All you hear from BR is crap.... there is no compassion, to me it feel like he is OK that Karen is not around. Then the brother comes out telling us she is Overseas... when initially he said "Karen IF you are alive.. call us" What a turn around....
SR where is she.... totally MIA.... then there is AR. where I can not make sense of all that...
I don't know with the Baden-Clay case we all knew from the start it was him... and where just waiting for the body to be found. I really don't know what to think about this case... it has so many twists and turns .... one thing I am certain about... is the family know more than they are letting up..... what do you all think???
:thinking::websleuther:

Yeah PIMaz. I don't think this is another Baden-Clay case at all, even though it seemed it might have been at first. Similar elements maybe, but not as clear cut.
I definitely think the family all know a lot more than they're letting up.

Welcome! I think similarly to you, except kind of the reverse- mostly feeling she is missing of her own accord, but thinking it is still a possibility BR did it, more so lately. But my overwhelming impression is that these are not your normal folk - not Karen, not Borce, not Anthony and VR is not smart enough to keep his mouth shut, and her cousin Lisa and aunt Patricia and unnamed friend are restrained for some unknown reason ... nothing they said has been off per se but it hasn't been very ardent or persistent. Do they think it is useless, are they scared, are they concerned about invading her privacy or are they just wary of the scrutiny?

:banghead: Argggg.. This is so frustrating. Please tell me you all feel the same... This weekend marks 2 months since Karen has vanished :hiding: ... and to be honest I feel like NO one gives a hoot (meaning the family)... where is the Aunt!!!! she did one press conference and then she went into hiding as well:hiding:... All you hear from BR is crap.... there is no compassion, to me it feel like he is OK that Karen is not around. Then the brother comes out telling us she is Overseas... when initially he said "Karen IF you are alive.. call us" What a turn around....
SR where is she.... totally MIA.... then there is AR. where I can not make sense of all that...
I don't know with the Baden-Clay case we all knew from the start it was him... and where just waiting for the body to be found. I really don't know what to think about this case... it has so many twists and turns .... one thing I am certain about... is the family know more than they are letting up..... what do you all think???
:thinking::websleuther:

Yeah GBC was an easy call - from the beginning his walk story was contradictory and made little sense, the first one came out that she had walked at night and he'd fallen asleep wasn't it? As convenient as this walk story might be, it does have a logic that holds it together - and it does sound like something she has been known to do in the past (assuming Sarah can back that up, the aunt seemed to acknowledge it as reasonable) and he admitted to an argument. It is plausible even if some find it convenient and likely untrue. Whereas Allison walking was poo-poo'd immediately.

We don't know the timeline of when Karen was last seen by people outside her family, we don't know when he reported her missing, the timeline of calling her phone, Sarah using FB, where and when Karen was expected that day and so on. All stuff we knew about Allison and GBC that painted a clearer picture quite early on. Allison was due at the conference, not showing up was a big deal ... dead in the night, there was children to worry about not seeing their mum for the normal routine in the am... whereas with a grown daughter Karen being missing in the morning would not present the same challenge to Borce.

I expect if we had a more robust timeline we'd have a lot better idea. All we know is that Karen was last seen by Borce on 10am Wednesday June 29th and by July 1st or 2nd (dates a bit sketchy on news sites vs google, I think it is July 2nd but because of the time difference google has them as the date before) Borce and Sarah are doing the AH police station press conference, probably on the Saturday, the missing 3AW piece, can't be pinged down. Was she reported missing the 29th, 30th, 1st? When did he get nervous? How long did he assume it was just the fight that had her missing? When did Sarah last see her?

There should be events like this even if it is a waste of time ... I do think if he has murdered her without leaving much forensic evidence the chances of him dropping her behind the house in the valley are slim to none for a few reasons. Firstly, the car access is poor to a lot of it, the easily accessed parts would have been her found already, and you are probably running a great risk being seen even late at night because it is a well populated area. Jill Meagher was driven up the calder fwy to Diggers Rest (!!), the little Indian boy who was killed by the housemate with the door (!?) was driven and dumped in the grassland around the airport in Oaklands Junction from Lalor, GBC went from Brookfield to the Kholo Creek bridge- look up those distances, they are all about the 20-30 minutes and km distance ... If Borce has done this and disposed of her, she will be found half an hour up the Calder hwy somewhere IMO - not on the highway per se, but concealed on a back road or in crown land. It is places they are somewhat familiar with but feels far enough away, and it can be done in under 2 hours, an easy time frame to explain away.

In an early public statement Borce said,
"On the Wednesday morning, um, she just went upstairs, um, and then came downstairs and just went out through the garage, ahh, she might have just walked down the street or just to clear her head."
But then, according to The Australian, he has also said that "she headed in the direction of the Maribyrnong River".
Is the river walking track accessible from that vacant block beside their house? To me walking down suburban streets and along riverside walking tracks are different.

attachment.php

On a completely different note, maybe the family are not concerned because they secretly have been contacted by Karen. I don't think this is likely though.:fishy::fishy:It is all too fishy.

Attachments

• karen3.jpg
    karen3.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 127
In an early public statement Borce said,
"On the Wednesday morning, um, she just went upstairs, um, and then came downstairs and just went out through the garage, ahh, she might have just walked down the street or just to clear her head."
But then, according to The Australian, he has also said that "she headed in the direction of the Maribyrnong River".
Is the river walking track accessible from that vacant block beside their house? To me walking down suburban streets and along riverside walking tracks are different.

attachment.php

On a completely different note, maybe the family are not concerned because they secretly have been contacted by Karen. I don't think this is likely though.:fishy::fishy:It is all too fishy.

Yes you can get down to track from laneway next to house or vacant block. I expect the police have done a few re-enactment scenarios and viewed the neighbours surveillance cameras to see what would show up. Going out back gate of house would probably show nothing, maybe paddock and lane too.

There should be events like this even if it is a waste of time ... I do think if he has murdered her without leaving much forensic evidence the chances of him dropping her behind the house in the valley are slim to none for a few reasons. Firstly, the car access is poor to a lot of it, the easily accessed parts would have been her found already, and you are probably running a great risk being seen even late at night because it is a well populated area. Jill Meagher was driven up the calder fwy to Diggers Rest (!!), the little Indian boy who was killed by the housemate with the door (!?) was driven and dumped in the grassland around the airport in Oaklands Junction from Lalor, GBC went from Brookfield to the Kholo Creek bridge- look up those distances, they are all about the 20-30 minutes and km distance ... If Borce has done this and disposed of her, she will be found half an hour up the Calder hwy somewhere IMO - not on the highway per se, but concealed on a back road or in crown land. It is places they are somewhat familiar with but feels far enough away, and it can be done in under 2 hours, an easy time frame to explain away.

That is a good observation. Also someone driving for Uber for a living might get to know all sorts of potential places and how private they might be for disposing of a body.

ozazure, this is so eerie! The past couple of days, I can't stop thinking about the AR quote in a MSM article about the detectives asking him if BR knows anyone up that way (Diggers Rest). It has been mentioned on this forum before that maybe the police picked up on some phone calls on BR's mobile phone records from the area. Then one of our WB members (sorry can't remember who), recently discovered BR was an Uber driver. Has he driven around these areas as an Uber driver? He may know the area of Diggers Rest and surrounding areas where a body could be disposed of and hidden.
So I agree, ozazure, that he could have driven Karen's body up the Calder Hwy. When I was looking at Google maps of Diggers Rest yesterday, and generally googling the area, I noticed there was a mention of Kororoit Creek. Does anyone know the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*