Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Is this what you mean? I think those are trees growing between the camera and the grave, not logs placed over.

Looks like the body was placed between the fork in the fallen tree and covered with smaller branches to try and conceal. May have had difficulty digging a shallow grave. Wonder if police are looking for attempts to dig a shallow grave

RE the site, imo, whoever is responsible had visited previously - it appears pre chosen for its convenience of minimal effort - it's not the sort of spot you'd stumble on by chance in the dark of night.
we SHARE in warranted outrage - poor, poor woman, whomever she may be ... investigation WILL lead to charges ... until such time any personal views on who may, or may not be responsible should be kept respectfully under wraps as the best that can be afforded to KR, as it would help in NO way to cause further grief or suffering to those bereft who love and miss her.

[emoji887]

Well, they are doing a line search today.

Detectives taped off a crime scene at Loch Rd about 10.30am. Police said they did not know how long they’d be here today.
Detectives travelled to the Loch Rd, Mt Macedon, scene and forensic teams and searchers could be there for days examining it.
SES crews have also arrived on scene, ahead of a line search to look for any trace of evidence which could prove vital to investigators.
It is unclear whether there was clothing at scene which could be matched to that of any missing person so that a more immediate tentative identification could be made.

Resident Ian Flannery noticed a rancid smell in bushland off Loch Rd about six to eight months ago.
“Every time I’d come down with the dogs, one of the dogs would actually stop in this position most of the time,”
“But I would walk across here and wouldn’t see anything.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...k/news-story/f7317e5ef8fa8f56829bdee4c37d7336

Oh my! Big news. After a stagnant few months on this thread, I wonder if this could be it?
I haven't caught up completely but the images showing dark soil and charred trees...was there a brush fire or could this have been part of a concealment?

I hope there is verification soon that will bring some long-anticipated answers to those that loved Karen. I hope those that are responsible - as surely we can no longer have any illusions about voluntary disappearance - well, I hope some people are very worried. I hope that trace, DNA, phone records etc will lead to a swift arrest and conviction of those responsible.

And I really wish there were fewer cases of women being off-ed...

RE the site, imo, whoever is responsible had visited previously - it appears pre chosen for its convenience of minimal effort - it's not the sort of spot you'd stumble on by chance in the dark of night.
we SHARE in warranted outrage - poor, poor woman, whomever she may be ... investigation WILL lead to charges ... until such time any personal views on who may, or may not be responsible should be kept respectfully under wraps as the best that can be afforded to KR, as it would help in NO way to cause further grief or suffering to those bereft who love and miss her.

[emoji887]

BBM

You are not speaking of those on this forum, are you BReVeTTe? :thinking:
As this is a discussion board, with all free to speak their opinion. As you have spoken yours. :)
The public do not need to look if they don't wish to read any of the content.

Looks like it will be tomorrow before we hear about any positive ID. I wonder how soon after an arrest will follow. Or could it potentially be at the same time?

Forensic testing that police hope will reveal the identity of a body found in bushland at Mount Macedon is not expected to be completed until Wednesday.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ushland-search-continues-20170221-guhkcw.html

A lesson in patience isn't it.... we don't even know if it is Karen yet....

[emoji887]
This is exactly what one of the guys I work with said. You would have to have intimate knowledge of that particular area.
Did a little drive by on the way home from work. Sarah's golf was in the drive with about 5 journos and fold out chairs patiently waiting. When I exited the street there was a grey Tiguan passing pay - I tried to have a good look - wasn't Borce appeared to be a male with a goatee.

I think I have passed my quest for justice onto my daughter. She phoned a minute ago saying that one of herclients (she's a hairdresser) had plenty to say. Will keep all updated.

Me thinks they already know it's Karen.

I agree. The decomposition may have been significant, but the hair stays for longer. And she may have been clothed. The media said it was not clear if there were clothes with the remains, so they have evidently asked the police and the police did not say 'no'.

Exactly S.A. they would look like idiots with all the media that has transpired over the last few days. Final piece of the puzzle unfortunately.

I agree. The decomposition may have been significant, but the hair stays for longer. And she may have been clothed. The media said it was not clear if there were clothes with the remains, so they have evidently asked the police and the police did not say 'no'.

Length of hair, natural colour or if she'd had foils or treatments, nail polish and dental will determine her identity.

No-one deserves to be discarded like this.

Yet another case of domestic violence.

Attachments

• IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 40
oh wow- yes looks to me like a lot of effort was made to cover Karen with branches etc. Maybe not so much to cradle her but rather to conceal her.

Agree TGY and Evacat. Evidence of human intervention i.e. sticks arranged in orderly manner to 'conceal' IMO.
:websleuther:

Nine News Melbourne ‏@9NewsMelb 11m11 minutes ago

BREAKING: @VictoriaPolice have arrived at the home of missing woman Karen Ristevski in Avondale Heights. More to come. #9News

Wow... Here we go... we'll know soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okey dokey.....take it for what it's worth. My daughter has just come home from the salon, her client said that her and her husband live very close to the discovery area and frequently walk the track. Her husband had noticed a moving van that got bogged male being Borce, a younger boy and female. The male asked if he could help and the offer was declined. At the time they didn't think to much of it. My daughter said this lady was in tears as she reflects. When they went for their next walk they noticed empty sacks of lime.......and that's when they and phoned crime stoppers.

Okey dokey.....take it for what it's worth. My daughter has just come home from the salon, her client said that her and her husband live very close to the discovery area and frequently walk the track. Her husband had noticed a moving van that got bogged male being Borce, a younger boy and female. The male asked if he could help and the offer was declined. At the time they didn't think to much of it. My daughter said this lady was in tears as she reflects. When they went for their next walk they noticed empty sacks of lime.......and that's when they and phoned crime stoppers.

Holy moly!

What are empty sacks of lime ? Excuse my ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member