Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The area where this body was found was not in the area where police were focusing their search.....it's actually a 22 minute drive from their focus area.

For these two people to be claiming to have encounted a man with a shovel.......recently.......and then tying that in with Borce...is a stretch. Recently???......A shovel from the Ristevski household was taken into evidence August 2016...not too recently. ..

Hang me now....I too own a shovel..!!

The area where this body was found was not in the area where police were focusing their search.....it's actually a 22 minute drive from their focus area.

For these two people to be claiming to have encounted a man with a shovel.......recently.......and then tying that in with Borce...is a stretch. Recently???......A shovel from the Ristevski household was taken into evidence August 2016...not too recently. ..

Hang me now....I too own a shovel..!!

And maybe Borce owns another shovel ... now. Or maybe Vasko owns one, too.

There is certainly a reason that police are saying this 'could' be Karen Ristevski ... even before positive ID has been done. Maybe the description of the man with the shovel matches one of them.

And we have often wondered if the crime could have been committed the previous (Tuesday) night.

ahh that might make sense, with a separate trip to get rid of phones etc...still not very clever to go in same direction...although the bushlands are so vast

Wasn't VR into race horses? I wonder if he had any trained at Macedon Lodge? Not too far from there also.

Just a thought

I saw borce at my local Coles on Thursday night. He is tiny! He's demeanour is that of a short angry man with a possible drinking problem due to red flushed face. Being in his presence made me feel uneasy

There were snow flurries and heavy rain in Mt Macedon in the days before Karen's disappearance, surely those bush roads would've been a struggle for a non 4x4 vehicle, doable yes but very high risk if you get bogged or stuck.

Great to see Karens thread moving at a decent pace again. I don't think Karens car would've handled the rough ride out there where these remains have been found. I do think it's a high possibility they're Karen's remains though :( just not that "her" car was used for the disposal...(I hate typing that :( ) I think the BIL and Stepson are involved. Boyce, I'm not feeling it..am thinking maybe a setup! So many thoughts going through my head right now... :( All just MOO.

EDIT: removed a word

Ok... my opinion.....
The body in on the right - looking at the photo - just near the name Loch Rd - the one down from the red pin. Then at the bend is a seasonal creek. Carry on down the road - you get to wild action zoo. The road is not too bad - more rugged near the Sailsbury intersection and Loch Rd. So I wonder if he came from the Scout Camp rd end - which would make sense if coming from Toolern Vale. Up the Calder, then would have turned off at Black Forrest Rd, then left into Nursery Rd, then into Middle Gully Rd, pass the Wild Action Zoo, then into Campy which turns into Loch. Went over the dry creek then when nearing Sailsbury - found it a bit tough so went back down Loch...
Its a rocky rough bush area - and above Sailisbury - gets very steep and tough - need a 4 x4 above there. Probably tried to dig but couldn't so covered with one of the many old logs / fallen trees...

It will be interesting to see how big the log was, would it require 2 people to lift and place the log on the body.?

There were snow flurries and heavy rain in Mt Macedon in the days before Karen's disappearance, surely those bush roads would've been a struggle for a non 4x4 vehicle, doable yes but very high risk if you get bogged or stuck.

They would have been able to drive the Loch Rd section - but as it ramped up to the Salisbury rd part - this is a bit steep and usually rutted in Winter months - and could possibly have been too slipery during that period without a 4x4. Hence why I feel the driver would have come from the train line end. Would not have been easy and with a body in the back - panic no doubt would have set in. I wonder if the driver knew he was so close to the houses?
I horse back this area every week - and the Loch road even in winter is not great - but doable .... just

It will be interesting to see how big the log was, would it require 2 people to lift and place the log on the body.?

There are some very large fallen gums out there. The wind can really rip through. its some pretty rugged bush in that area. I too wonder the size - and I also wonder how it was discovered. I wonder if the walker had a dog that went sniffing? Or if the walker went for a bush wee ?? I wonder how far off the track it is - as I have seen lots of fallen trees around there. Its pretty thick near the seasonal creek

Hmm...how heavy was Karen? Is it possible a horse, or horses were involved? (As in, for disposal of body).. :thinking:

Hi first time poster, so sad for Karen and her family but glad for the closure if it is her. I've been reading a few posts about whether 2wd access was viable- what I have noted on all the news footage is there are a lot of 2wds especially sedans etc at the site from the police- so many that it seems 2wd access is no problem.

JMO

I guess maybe a very shallow grave/indent could have been dug behind the log, and the log rolled/pushed on top by one person.

One article also said that the site was behind a small hill, so not able to be seen by anyone on the trail.

Makes me wonder what was done with the vehicle, while the work was being done. Maybe it was just plain dumb luck and absolutely no-one was around, in the chilly weather, to see a car parked on the trail for a period of time.

Hmm...how heavy was Karen? Is it possible a horse, or horses were involved? (As in, for disposal of body).. :thinking:
Doubt it. Not every horse is capable of hauling / dragging and going in that sort of bush. Even with the family association with race horses - the likely hood would be very very small. Also - they would have had to be floated there or ridden.

Hi first time poster, so sad for Karen and her family but glad for the closure if it is her. I've been reading a few posts about whether 2wd access was viable- what I have noted on all the news footage is there are a lot of 2wds especially sedans etc at the site from the police- so many that it seems 2wd access is no problem.

JMO

Welcome, Evacat! :)

Yes, seems a 2wd could have worked. Sounds as though there could be lots of forensic material lodged in the wheel wells and under the car, difficult to remove it all by washing, if the trail was as messy as it sounds it may have been.

These photos are of the area - but NOT Loch Rd. Both are taken a couple hundred metres from Loch Rd - Leading down the mountain to Sailsbury and in cooler / wetter months. Shows you what the area looks like - pretty thick in areas.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 223
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 221
Just talking to one of my colleagues who is a Macedon local of 21 years. He lives 2km away. He confirmed it could be accessed by a sedan......he did however say you would have to have local knowledge of that particular area.

These photos are of the area - but NOT Loch Rd. Both are taken a couple hundred metres from Loch Rd - Leading down the mountain to Sailsbury and in cooler / wetter months. Shows you what the area looks like - pretty thick in areas.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Loving the horses Cads.

Doubt it. Not every horse is capable of hauling / dragging and going in that sort of bush. Even with the family association with race horses - the likely hood would be very very small. Also - they would have had to be floated there or ridden.
Okay! Also, thanks for all the info and pictures of the area. Helps a great deal for those of us who're not familiar with the area. (That goes for all members who're right there in amongst all the action too...thank you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en