GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to article with same video as the youtube one posted above (Sky News)

CCTV Shows 'Agitated' Suspect After Lover's Fall
http://news.sky.com/story/1162645/cctv-shows-agitated-suspect-after-lovers-fall

This article says that they have CCTV of the end of Lisa's fall. Understandably that CCTV vision will not be released, but how horrendous for her mother and others in court to view. :(

This case is just so heartbreakingly tragic ... for her mum, for the eye witnesses, for those that heard Lisa screaming for help and didn't have the opportunity in that brief 69 seconds to help her. Horrific for Lisa, and something that will be etched forever in the minds of those innocent parties that bore witness to this tragedy.

SOURCE: SMH Read More...
The note:
A police officer said he had pieced together a ripped-up note that had been retrieved from Lisa Harnum's jeans pocket after she died.

The note read: ''There are surveillance cameras inside and outside the house.''

729note-620x349.jpg

Police found a note on the body of Lisa Harnum. Photo: Supplied

I wonder what the note was about, and where the rest of it is.
It looks like other writing has also transferred onto the paper - though I'm not sure if the transferred writing is the correct way around for a folded over piece of paper.
The pen type, and paper type is interesting. White on gold/brown? Looks like invitation stationary or an envelope. And the lettering looks to be in a silver gel pen.
I wonder why it was torn up and found on her.
When, I also wonder did she change into these clothes? That morning?
Is this Lisa's handwriting?
Hope the Police have more to say on the matter.

Further info re the note....

November 01, 2013

The words scribbled on a torn piece of paper were identified by Joan Harnum as matching her daughter's handwriting

The black note paper is also the same as a pad of stationery found in the spare bedroom of the couple's apartment in the boutique Hyde apartments building, on Liverpool St.

Detective Margaret Ashburn, who was present at Ms Harnum's autopsy, told the trial she put the pieces of paper together.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...-died-court-told/story-fnii5s3x-1226750517631

I find it really hard to even follow this thread due to my anger at SG - who epitomises the abusive male in every domestic violence case I've ever worked with. He physically isolated her, psychologically controlled her etc etc.......and then it appears as if it spilled over into murder.

But I just felt I had to comment here - when you wonder about his psychological state over the next 12 months EveD, I say - with great respect to you :) - look at his psychological state right now.

His behaviour is extremely telling. He appears unfazed by being charged with murder, acts carefree, canoodles with a new girlfriend as if nothing has happened. This is not the behaviour of a man devastated by his fiancé's suicide. At all. JMO :twocents:

I agree re the difficulty in following this case, that is the exact reason why I posted the "angel" pic on previous page.

The truly sad part is, there are so many identical cases. If anyone was to write a book on any of them there would really only need to be one complete book written. Any subsequent books would only require change of names & locations.

What is hideous with all of them is the sickly sweetness, love & light they show to their new girlfriends.

The note makes me think Lisa was warning somebody trying to help her leave - maybe by showing the note electronically, maybe by phone or computer video.. no sound, in case Gittany had mics around the house (would any of us be surprised if he did..?) as well as cameras. Maybe she ripped it up in case he found it...wouldnt even risk throwing it in the trash. And having lived with an abusive and often controlling person as a child, this is something I would have done, the fear bordering paranoia gets that bad. To me, this says she was just terrified for her life.

The new gf is unnerving in the extreme. Not only does she resemble Lisa in many ways, but do you see how he grips her as they walk (in the vid linked above, in the note report)? It's not a normal holding-hands thing. It's like he's directing her somehow.. Can she possibly think GS is not guilty? Really? I am betting deep down there's a lot of doubt there.

I am just waiting for this to go to jail. Forever.

"His defence case is due to begin today, and it has been indicated he will take the witness box and be questioned about the events of July 30, 2011."

"In a recorded phone call between Mr Gittany and the Canadian-born Ms Harnum was played to the court yesterday Ms Harnum said: "Sometimes the things you say to me Simon are so mean. I wait at home for you ... I don't do anything without your permission ... I am always by myself."

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...f-womans-screams/story-fnii5s3x-1226753112195

It will be very interesting to hear SG try to explain why he was compelled to savagely drag Lisa into their apartment in a headlock while blocking her airways with his hand, why he didn't get help for her if she was 'suicidal' that morning, how an obviously terrified Lisa managed to climb over the glass balcony enclosure with her handbag on her arm while he made a cup of tea in the kitchen ..........

"His defence case is due to begin today, and it has been indicated he will take the witness box and be questioned about the events of July 30, 2011."

"In a recorded phone call between Mr Gittany and the Canadian-born Ms Harnum was played to the court yesterday Ms Harnum said: "Sometimes the things you say to me Simon are so mean. I wait at home for you ... I don't do anything without your permission ... I am always by myself."

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...f-womans-screams/story-fnii5s3x-1226753112195

It will be very interesting to hear SG try to explain why he was compelled to savagely drag Lisa into their apartment in a headlock while blocking her airways with his hand, why he didn't get help for her if she was 'suicidal' that morning, how an obviously terrified Lisa managed to climb over the glass balcony enclosure with her handbag on her arm while he made a cup of tea in the kitchen ..........

BBM

Yeah, right. :liar:

IMO

BBM

First thought that came to mind - reminds me of GBC who said he was "watching the footy show" when his wife "disappeared". He, by the way, also wanted the world to think his wife had suicided.

Woman 'disappeared' over Sydney balcony

November 5, 2013

"Then he said he saw Ms Harnum running for the balcony but, by the time he reached it, he said she was almost entirely over the other side.

He said she "released herself" onto an awning below as he reached out both his hands and tried to grab any part of her.

Ms Harnum lay across the awning and looked at him as he screamed at least twice, he said.

"After I couldn't reach her it was like she disappeared or let go," he said, adding she then went into freefall.

"I pushed myself out as far as I could to keep my eyes on her, which was all I could do.

"I kept my eyes on her until she hit the ground."

Read more: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/11/05/11/17/i-didn-t-throw-lisa-off-balcony-accused

I believe that what the witness saw is the true version of events. imo

BBM

Murder trial witness says he heard 'deranged scream' and looked up to see man drop ballerina to her death from 15th floor balcony

24 October 2013

He told jurors: ‘I heard what I thought was deranged screaming from a male voice.

‘My perception was that it was a male voice, very emotional, it sounded guttural.’

When he looked up he saw a man with no shirt carrying what appeared to be ‘black luggage'.

He added: ‘It was being held horizontally in the man’s arms. His arms were outstretched with the object lying across.

‘I saw the man load the object off the balcony and in what I described as a fluid motion, turned and went straight back into the apartment. I didn’t really follow the item.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...accused-throwing-fianc-Lisa-Harnum-death.html

I believe that what the witness saw is the true version of events. imo

BBM

Now let me think about this for a minute ... who has a reason to lie? ... SG? ... or the witness? .... hmmm. Such a hard call to make :rolleyes:

From August 04, 2011....

Central Local Court heard when police arrived, Gittany allegedly told them: "We had a fight last night, we just worked out that it was best for her to go home to Canada."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...eath-fall-murder/story-e6freuzi-1226107744413

From today's reports...

But when he discovered Ms Harnum had changed the password on his text monitoring program, he said he told her to pack her bags and leave the following day.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...ore-death-plunge/story-e6frfku9-1226753586514

All these little inconsistencies.....

In my opinion this man has psychiatric problems. He has a control problem.
Why would he put cameras throughout his unit and also one outside to view who came to the door. This building had cameras throughout. I believe he installed them so he could have Lisa under his control 24/7. He wouldn't let her work or go out. The one outside the door was probably to see if she had anyone visit her. Then suspiciously the one that would have shown what went on between him dragging her inside and the balcony was not working. How convenient for him. The building even had one trained on where she landed. Plus running back inside to put a shirt on. If my loved one had fallen off a balcony i would have run out in my underware if that was all i had on. I would want to be with my loved one as soon as possible.

If you go to this "Newspix" page you can see this photo, with the quoted caption below, plus some others as well. Hover over the images to make them larger.

Photo: "OCTOBER 25, 2013: SYDNEY, NSW. (L-R) Mark Tedeschi QC motions over the edge of the balcony as Justice Lucy McCallum watches on as tbey inspect the Hyde building..."

http://www.newspix.com.au/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult_VPage&ALID=2KERYD15YLR9

I must have missed this! :mad:

BBM

October 21, 2013

"The trial heard Ms Harnum pleaded with her mother, who lives in Canada, to come and help her.

Marjory Joan Harnum told the Supreme Court that her daughter told her Gittany had pushed her into a planter and then down some stairs.

Marjory Harnum said she called her daughter during an argument with Gittany, and she said 'mummy, you've got to come and help me', before her phone went dead."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/19483096...rer-was-extremely-possessive-and-controlling/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston