GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you think the judge decided on his years in gaol? I doubt all these shannigans be influencing her decision today? Surely she wouldn't be plucking out a number today at the 11th hour.

I think she has to take all the testimony from yesterday and today and deliberate, (to make it look good) before she makes a decision on sentencing. Probably not today.

I was told the judge doesn't have to give sentencing today, she can consider & give her finding in months time. If judge gives any reference to amount of gaol time then it would be a mistrial.

I might just grab a bag of popcorn and mosey on out to Merrylands just for the hell of it...I never claimed to be a nice person...

What about the interview on sunday night? He has been told that all this publicity is hurting him. Wonder if Rachelle will pull it until after the sentencing. I presume it has already been taped.

What about the interview on sunday night? He has been told that all this publicity is hurting him. Wonder if Rachelle will pull it until after the sentencing. I presume it has already been taped.

Don't think she will get any say in the matter. Hope it hurts his chances more.

I think she has to take all the testimony from yesterday and today and deliberate, (to make it look good) before she makes a decision on sentencing. Probably not today.

Quite right, sleepinoz.

Her Honour will stand the matter over, likely for a fortnight, in order to compile her remarks ob sentence. There will be quite a bit of work involved, and it will be interesting to see if Her Honour concurs with Tedeschi as to the objective seriousness of the offence.

my Dale ‏@amydale_tele 3m

#Gittany counsel: criminal history shouldn't be considered at length as only one violent episode (biting policeman's ear) 20 years ago

eonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 5m

Defence says there's a gap in the Crown case - no evidence as to how Lisa was rendered unconscious. #Gittany

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 5m

Strickland says there's a gap in the Crown case - no evidence as to how Lisa Harnum was rendered unconscious before plunging off balcony

eonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 5m

Defence says there's a gap in the Crown case - no evidence as to how Lisa was rendered unconscious. #Gittany

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 5m

Strickland says there's a gap in the Crown case - no evidence as to how Lisa Harnum was rendered unconscious before plunging off balcony

Maybe holding his hand over her mouth.

Slightly OT, but does a certain someone look rather more "bloated" than the trial shots to anyone else? May just be TTOM but there is a certain roundness there that wasn't three months ago.
I wonder if that particular reveal will occur when the dollars are paid on Sunday night.

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 2m

'There is not just saturation (media) coverage - but also the hatred and denunciation that has followed' #gittany

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 2m

Justice Lucy McCallum asked to take into account #Gittany has suffered public humiliation and disgrace. @NewsTalk2UE

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 3m

Strickland says Gittany has suffered public humiliation to a greater degree than normal, and that should be taken into acct on sentencing

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 2m

'There is not just saturation (media) coverage - but also the hatred and denunciation that has followed' #gittany

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 2m

Justice Lucy McCallum asked to take into account #Gittany has suffered public humiliation and disgrace. @NewsTalk2UE

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 3m

Strickland says Gittany has suffered public humiliation to a greater degree than normal, and that should be taken into acct on sentencing

Is it just me...

Or is hatred and public humiliation natural consequences of killing innocent, wonderful women?

:waitasec:

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I'm fearful of the volatility outside the courtroom this afternoon.

BTW my daughter attended court yesterday and she told me RL & SG were so convincing on the stand she came away thinking he is innocent. When SG took the stand and said his oath, both SC & the judge totally locked their eyes, she said it was a moment words can't describe. She was impressed that a 24 year old woman could remain so calm when the media were acting like vicious wolves, pushing & shoving her for that ONE money spinning photo. Interesting to get her perspective being inside & outside the court.
My daughter is very gullible.

Slightly OT, but does a certain someone look rather more "bloated" than the trial shots to anyone else? May just be TTOM but there is a certain roundness there that wasn't three months ago.
I wonder if that particular reveal will occur when the dollars are paid on Sunday night.

I would think if that was true, they would use it to try and lesson his sentence. Let's hope it's not true.

odie Speers &#8207;@jodiespeers 4m

Strickland says Lisa's murder is BELOW mid range. No planning, sudden loss of control, no weapon, she didn't know what was to happen to her

Amy Dale &#8207;@amydale_tele 6m

#Gittany should get less than standard non parole period of 20 years, as murder is below mid range of seriousness, his barrister submits

Leonie Ryan &#8207;@LeonieFRyan 10m

Defence says she (Lisa) didn't know she was going to be thrown over, given she was possibly rendered unconscious. #Gittany @NewsTalk2UE

Jodie Speers &#8207;@jodiespeers 3m

Strickland says #gittany should get a non parole period significantly less than 20 yrs

Matthew Snelson &#8207;@mattsnelson9 3m

Because the crime involved a sudden loss of control, there was no planning and no aggravating factors like the use of a weapon #gittany
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Matthew Snelson &#8207;@mattsnelson9 3m

Gittany's lawyer is asking the court to consider a non-parole period of significantly less than 20 years.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Amy Dale &#8207;@amydale_tele 3m

"A significantly lower non parole period than 20 years...would be warranted." Now comparing it to sentence Gordon Wood received #gittany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx