Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Hedley Thomas get out of this? Does anyone know if he owns the rights or will he get paid copious amounts for the work he did for the lazy cops?

Well done Hedley.

The Australian owns the podcast/newspaper stories ... so Hedley won't "make" anything out of it except being a great reputation and being able to negotiate a big salary!!!

’She saw Lyn’: Lawyer’s shock claim

Outside the court today, Mr Dawson’s lawyer Greg Walsh told reporters there was evidence that Ms Dawson “was observed by a number of people” after her 1982 disappearance. “Unfortunately two of those people are deceased,” he said.

“One of the witnesses who died, her daughter gave evidence at the second inquest, and she said that ‘my mother told me (and) if she was here today, she’d say she saw Lyn Dawson after her disappearance’.

“Another witness also gave evidence to that effect.”
Save it for the trial Walsh. What is the point in telling reporters?

’She saw Lyn’: Lawyer’s shock claim

Outside the court today, Mr Dawson’s lawyer Greg Walsh told reporters there was evidence that Ms Dawson “was observed by a number of people” after her 1982 disappearance. “Unfortunately two of those people are deceased,” he said.

“One of the witnesses who died, her daughter gave evidence at the second inquest, and she said that ‘my mother told me (and) if she was here today, she’d say she saw Lyn Dawson after her disappearance’.

“Another witness also gave evidence to that effect.”

Interesting!!! According to the podcasts, one woman who maintained she saw Lyn (and is now deceased) was described by her husband and daughter, as a person who lied to get attention.

Also, I think (will have to listen to podcasts again) the DPP told Lyn's family that part of the reason they didn't follow through with Coroner's advice was because one of the statements in the brief said that Lyn's mother (also now deceased) saw Lyn after her death. But according to Lyn's sisters and brothers this is not true - her mother used to go looking for her because the poor thing believed Chris Dawson!!!

Can't wait for it all to come out at the trial!!

I wonder who Chris will be bunking with , should he get bail, he certainly wouldn't be allowed back in QLD. Who would take responsibility for him? He would have to be reporting to the NSW cops every day, maybe twice a day.

Surely not Kristen, that wouldn't be happening . Perhaps a brother.? ..

The temptation to interfere with 'witnesses' would be overwhelming, I suppose.

I wonder who Chris will be bunking with , should he get bail, he certainly wouldn't be allowed back in QLD. Who would take responsibility for him? He would have to be reporting to the NSW cops every day, maybe twice a day.

Surely not Kristen, that wouldn't be happening . Perhaps a brother.? ..

The temptation to interfere with 'witnesses' would be overwhelming, I suppose.
My understanding it is Paul according to this yesterday..

The Australian‏Verified account @australian 19m19 minutes ago
Chris Dawson, the husband of missing woman Lyn Dawson, has applied for bail to live with his twin brother in NSW where he is to be charged with her murder

And somewhere, skulking around , possibly having been served a summons, is the copper who led the idea of dismissing Lynn's disappearance. How I long to hear his evidence ..
I bet that he is dead, but not before doing a bit of what Chris was up to with very young girls.MOO

My understanding it is Paul according to this yesterday..

The Australian‏Verified account @australian 19m19 minutes ago
Chris Dawson, the husband of missing woman Lyn Dawson, has applied for bail to live with his twin brother in NSW where he is to be charged with her murder

Gee.. I reckon the NSW cops will want him a bit closer to Sydney.... like, within spitting distance.

And Paul would be a witness, too.. be a bit radical to have the accused on bail living with a witness in a murder trial!... still.. strange things happen!

Gee.. I reckon the NSW cops will want him a bit closer to Sydney.... like, within spitting distance.

And Paul would be a witness, too.. be a bit radical to have the accused on bail living with a witness in a murder trial!... still.. strange things happen!
I think that they got their stories straight with each other years ago.

That was not the shirt he was wearing when arrested. Obviously it was purchased for him because as CH points out, he never wears collared shirts. Let’s hope we don’t start to see sloppy reporting in the media as a result of wanting to get their story out first.
The family is obviously reading comments on Websleuths.

Interesting!!! According to the podcasts, one woman who maintained she saw Lyn (and is now deceased) was described by her husband and daughter, as a person who lied to get attention.

Also, I think (will have to listen to podcasts again) the DPP told Lyn's family that part of the reason they didn't follow through with Coroner's advice was because one of the statements in the brief said that Lyn's mother (also now deceased) saw Lyn after her death. But according to Lyn's sisters and brothers this is not true - her mother used to go looking for her because the poor thing believed Chris Dawson!!!

Can't wait for it all to come out at the trial!!
It is in the day 5 summary of the inquest. Page 11

https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/2003inquestday5-compressed.pdf

"Outside court, Mr Walsh said he had been given "a huge amount of material" by Mr Dawson's brother, who is a solicitor.

"I worked most of the night and today to try and read as much as I can, but it's a very important application for bail," he said.

"It has to be prepared properly. I want to assist the court in doing it properly — there's no need in rushing these cases like this.""

Chris Dawson denied bail after being charged with former wife's murder

I suspect that evidence for the defence has been gathered for the last 36 years.

The police on the other hand haven't been investigating that long.

Nocookies

“Your Honour, Mr Dawsom has been extradited from Queensland this morning and was charged with one count of murder,” Mr Noll told the court, packed with journalists, court watchers and at least one supporter.

“The matter is going to proceed in the usual manner through the Local Court, and we could take brief service order and I understand my friend will ask for a bail application to be made.”

Mr Dawson will apply for bail next Friday — the 14th of December — and will next appear in court on February 14, when the brief of evidence is due to be filed.

BBM One supporter

:eek:

Nocookies

“Your Honour, Mr Dawsom has been extradited from Queensland this morning and was charged with one count of murder,” Mr Noll told the court, packed with journalists, court watchers and at least one supporter.

“The matter is going to proceed in the usual manner through the Local Court, and we could take brief service order and I understand my friend will ask for a bail application to be made.”

Mr Dawson will apply for bail next Friday — the 14th of December — and will next appear in court on February 14, when the brief of evidence is due to be filed.

BBM One supporter

:eek:

I wonder who that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads