Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
think c&l it was sadly a generational thing.
(now I am only basing this off puperty blues lmao!)
I didn't grow up in this gen but looking back it appears like these poor kids were "generation in a hurry to grow up".
those late 70s early 80s teenagers where very rockn roll. pot sex and leave school early to get a job.
that's stereotyping them . but think that's what the parents were enabling right or wrong.
look at joannes dad. he told her to pull your socks up or count me out.
she chose to count him out.
what chance did they have if their educaters where rushing them into adulthood:(:(

any teenagers from this gen amongst us? :cool:

I didn't grow up in this gen but looking back it appears like these poor kids were "generation in a hurry to grow up".
those late 70s early 80s teenagers where very rockn roll. pot sex and leave school early to get a job.
that's stereotyping them . but think that's what the parents were enabling right or wrong.
what chance did they have if their educaters where rushing them into adulthood:(:(

Not me, but my daughter grew up in this era and, while I don't think that the relationship with her ex teacher started while she was at school, one of her ex teachers started taking her out when she went to Uni in the city, only an hour an half away from our town. It did not last long, and I think that she was flattered by his attention at first and was away from home sharing a bit of chaotic house with three other students. She was seventeen and half when she started Uni and was at least six months younger than other kids in her year and a year younger than some of them.

*raises hand and looks sheepish*

I graduated in ‘87 from a mixed Catholic school in Queensland. Glad to say none of this *advertiser censored* was happening around here. There may have been a few questionable priests who hit the media decades later (totally different topic) but certainly not the norm. All our teachers were referred to strictly as MRS or SIR and there was no chance in hell any of the students wanted to associate with them outside of school.

I graduated in ‘87 from a mixed Catholic school in Queensland. Glad to say none of this **** was happening around here. There may have been a few questionable priests who hit the media decades later (totally different topic) but certainly not the norm. All our teachers were referred to strictly as MRS or SIR and there was no chance in hell any of the students wanted to associate with them outside of school.
yeah I was closer to you c&l and as I say nothing like this went on in my times.

hahaha good to hear from you bo
I was a decade behind you.....:p

the pill changed everything for you guys so I believe!o_O
aids came along and my gen were frigit :D:D:D
No, the pill changed everything for girls growing up in the late sixties and seventies.

I don’t think our parents knew what to do with us but let us go our own (stupid) ways. Thankfully, quite a lot of us came out relatively unscathed.

I graduated in ‘87 from a mixed Catholic school in Queensland. Glad to say none of this **** was happening around here. There may have been a few questionable priests who hit the media decades later (totally different topic) but certainly not the norm. All our teachers were referred to strictly as MRS or SIR and there was no chance in hell any of the students wanted to associate with them outside of school.

My sisters and I were sent to boarding school, naturally , an all girl boarding school, where the huge excitement of the week was when the bloke came to mow the lawns .

And he played it well, he would slowly strip off his t shirt, this was as much sex education as we got. Peering at a lawnmowing man from a fair distance, thru glass.

The teachers were women the like of which I had never met, and in later life never met, either, women of such dedication, and the most unworldly women of the most finely tuned sophistication. An anomaly.

That said, it was an excellent education, my stepfather was keen on it, and his premise was, if you can just get the girls thru to 20, without trauma, that's success, and in general that's how it went.

I met many many women thru my working life who's life during high school years was so destructive, so damaging, that the life they now lived was but a shadow of what could have been, heartbreaking, really .

Last edited:
I graduated in ‘87 from a mixed Catholic school in Queensland. Glad to say none of this **** was happening around here. There may have been a few questionable priests who hit the media decades later (totally different topic) but certainly not the norm. All our teachers

kmac you make just made me spit out my wine. Don’t you love the term frigid. That along with Troopers ? reference to Chris ‘keeping his dick in his pants’ makes me feel quite at home with you lot

the pill changed everything. There was a time when you couldn't get it without parental consent, then that dropped out, from then on, it was open slather, really,...

one was left with no reason to decline the experience, until, as KMac says, AIDS came along. It was only a decade, if that, of crazy.

kmac you make just made me spit out my wine. Don’t you love the term frigid. That along with Troopers ? reference to Chris ‘keeping his dick in his pants’ makes me feel quite at home with you lot
hahaha
well have to cut troop out of the picture but it was me referencing paul not keeping his dick in his pants :D:D:D:p

sorry typo **frigid!!
don't think ive spelled it before lol

the pill changed everything. There was a time when you couldn't get it without parental consent, then that dropped out, from then on, it was open slather, really,...

one was left with no reason to decline the experience, until, as KMac says, AIDS came along. It was only a decade, if that, of crazy.
I think my first knowledge of the pill was about 1966. Doctors would only prescribe it to married women. Within just a couple of years all that was dropped.

Reactions: DRT
hahaha
well have to cut troop out of the picture but it was me referencing paul not keeping his dick in his pants :D:D:D:p

sorry typo **frigid!!
don't think ive spelled it before lol
and I meant to reply to that original post, too, because it seems clear to me that Paul was the lead man in all this behavior . Even Marilyn agrees with me, she says he was the sensible twin, the practical twin, the doer.

And he says, quite plainly in the interview with the copper that he was sexually deviant with some of the schoolgirls, ( multiples ) ,, no hesitation. That surely has to land him in court at some stage!!??

Hey Troop I’ve got a whole story from my own family with regard to this. Strongly along the lines of the series LOVE CHILD. not for this thread though. It’s facinating though looking back at how society treated young unwed women. Oh and I’m a child of 6. Say no more about the lack of contraception in a Catholic family. I think mum said she only heard of it after I was born. Lol too late mum.

and I meant to reply to that original post, too, because it seems clear to me that Paul was the lead man in all this behavior . Even Marilyn agrees with me, she says he was the sensible twin, the practical twin, the doer.

And he says, quite plainly in the interview with the copper that he was sexually deviant with some of the schoolgirls, ( multiples ) ,, no hesitation. That surely has to land him in court at some stage!!??
I think also( I am going to listen to it again so much to take in this ep) Marilyn actually used the word dominate in describing paul the twin. interesting choice of word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia