Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These girls didn’t stand a chance against Chris and his likeminded teaching buddies. Below is an excerpt from today’s news article

Those three teachers, and at least three others, passed girls around like a bong at a beach party. Randomly, casually and knowing that, if caught, nobody was really going to do anything about it. And if parents confronted the teachers or deputy headmaster, it appeared to make little difference. The girls kept doing what their parents had tried to stop because, left at school each day with a pack of predators, they were outwitted and outnumbered.

Sometimes the predator teachers stuck to one girl for a period of time and sometimes they “did” the girls in groups. They neutralised reluctant girls’ protests with booze and pot. Other times the girls went willingly. Unsurprising, really — coercing impressionable 15, 16 and 17 year-old-girls in the late 1970s didn’t take a genius intellect. Particularly when you’re part of a pack of predators and your daily environment is set up for you to take whatever you want.

Nocookies

thanks for that headsup , there was one bit of info that staggered me, Chris Dawson was the Sex Education teacher, as well as the PE teacher at Cromer High and I bet he volunteered for it..

Fox in henhouses comes to mind..

Absolutely abhorrent isn’t it Trooper :mad: Here’s a bit of how his sex Ed lesson went

— I remember him saying: “I hope to be chasing my wife around the bedroom when I’m 99.”

I pictured him doing just that … naked with his wife, older, but in love and still having a healthy sex life. That is the gist of what he was trying to teach us.

That sex between two consenting adults was the way to go. Although I never met Lyn Dawson, Chris Dawson was my sex education teacher at Cromer High. My idol, my role model: the first-grade rugby league player.

Last edited:
Absolutely abhorrent isn’t it Trooper :mad: Here’s a bit of how his sex Ed lesson went

— I remember him saying: “I hope to be chasing my wife around the bedroom when I’m 99.”

I pictured him doing just that … naked with his wife, older, but in love and still having a healthy sex life. That is the gist of what he was trying to teach us.

That sex between two consenting adults was the way to go. Although I never met Lyn Dawson, Chris Dawson was my sex education teacher at Cromer High. My idol, my role model: the first-grade rugby league player.

But to this day, these Creeps, are free.
What will it take: another murder?

But to this day, these Creeps, are free.
What will it take: another murder?
I would think Chris and possibly Paul & his wife’s time are limited thanks in large to Hedley Thomas podcast and the renewed public interest. So many students have now come forward as well to confirm the predator mentality common at that time between student/teacher. At the very least I would expect charges to be laid for interaction with minors. As we have seen in many cases officials sometimes arrest POI on lesser charges whilst gathering the last pieces of evidence for the major charge

I would think Chris and possibly Paul & his wife’s time are limited thanks in large to Hedley Thomas podcast and the renewed public interest. So many students have now come forward as well to confirm the predator mentality common at that time between student/teacher. At the very least I would expect charges to be laid for interaction with minors. As we have seen in many cases officials sometimes arrest POI on lesser charges whilst gathering the last pieces of evidence for the major charge

Yes, I hope you are right. With all this publicity, the great podcasts, and all these poor women coming forward at last, their days are perhaps numbered.

AFTER AUCTION PURCHASES - Government Gazette of the State of New South Wales (Sydney, NSW : 1901 - 2001) - 30 May 1969

Purchase of Lyn and Chris's land purchase in Cromer before they married in 1970 and before Bayview.

"After Auction
Purchase 1969-106, allotment 6, section 124, of 224- perches, at Cromer, by Christopher Michael Dawson and Lynette
Simms, as joint tenants, of 48 XXXXXX Avenue, Maroubra; offered for sale at Cromer on 16th November 1968, at
$5,300 the lot; balance of purchase money, $4,240; terms, cash within three months free of interest from 18th April,
1969, or in five equal annual instalments with interest at 4 per cent per annum, deed fee and fixed stamp duty with
final payment. Ten. 69-1606."

Lynette Dawson: police offer reward over missing Sydney mother

Lynette Dawson: police offer reward over missing Sydney mother

The Pandora version has a video playing wherein 2014 police were appealing for the same information that Hedley Thomas is getting on his podcast. From the article above.

"I am particularly interested in speaking with former students of the Cromer High School who schooled there between the years of '79 and '82," Detective Sergeant Damian Loone, the officer in charge of the case, said.

"I am also particularly interested in speaking to past or current teachers of that profession who worked or had interaction with the Dawson family, being Chris and Lynette Dawson."

Shanelle’s interview with the Australian 23/07/'18.

Shanelle doesn’t paint a great picture of Joanne. Those girls must have been so confused as children. Imagine having a loving mother just disappear, the baby sitter then taking over the role immediately, you being asked to call her mum. Then a few years later she has another child and all of a sudden you aren’t to call her mum anymore and the new baby is not your sister

Nocookies

Last edited:
Today’s Australian 28/7/18

STRIKEFORCE TO TACKLE STUDENT-TEACHER SEX

Nocookies

NSW detectives have set up a strike force to investigate historical sexual assaults and student-teacher relationships at high schools on Sydney’s northern beaches.

Allegations a “pack” of teachers pursued teenage girls for sex, treating it as a “fringe benefit” of the job, surfaced in The Weekend Australian’s investigative podcast series The Teacher’s Pet.

Detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad and the Northern Beaches Police Area Command have established Strike Force Southwood to investigate, the NSW Police Force has confirmed.

The news came as allegations emerged of female teachers having group sex with teenage boys, and as the names of nine teachers and a janitor from the one school were formally provided to police.

“As with any report of sexual violence, police are treating these matters seriously and any report made to detectives will be thoroughly investigated,” a spokeswoman said. “This is a timely reminder to victims — it’s never too late to make a report to police.

“We will investigate it whether it happened yesterday, last year, or 40 years

Nocookies

NSW detectives have set up a strike force to investigate historical sexual assaults and student-teacher relationships at high schools on Sydney’s northern beaches.

Allegations a “pack” of teachers pursued teenage girls for sex, treating it as a “fringe benefit” of the job, surfaced in The Weekend Australian’s investigative podcast series The Teacher’s Pet.

Detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad and the Northern Beaches Police Area Command have established Strike Force Southwood to investigate, the NSW Police Force has confirmed.

The news came as allegations emerged of female teachers having group sex with teenage boys, and as the names of nine teachers and a janitor from the one school were formally provided to police.

“As with any report of sexual violence, police are treating these matters seriously and any report made to detectives will be thoroughly investigated,” a spokeswoman said. “This is a timely reminder to victims — it’s never too late to make a report to police.

Great.
Perhaps things are moving ahead.

Nocookies

I love this story. It got investigated 16 years too late to shut Sue up! Otherwise we may never have heard of Lyn Dawson.

"Mr Hulme had asked Detective Loone to look at the case in response to the determined lobbying of Lyn’s loyal friend, Sue Strath, who was also a close friend of his own wife, Helen."

"Ms Strath said she had raised Lyn’s disappearance every time she saw Mr Hulme’s wife.

“Finally … Bayview was his area, and he thought ‘Oh, I’ll shut Sue up, I’ll send my best detective because it’s missing persons week to have a look at this case’. So he got Damian Loone.” "

The police had an unhealthy relationship with the RL players back then. When I was about 19 or 20 three other girls and myself went for long weekend away. On the Saturday night we went to a up market hotel bar and there were a group of 5 or 6 retired police officers and a couple of retired RL players on a golf trip. They kept wanting to buy us drinks which we declined and then wanted us to go to their rooms and party. When we declined that too, they got creepy and were making in jokes to each other and laughing uproariously.

We decided to go to another venue and they followed us in a car. We went into a restaurant that the rear of was across the street from our flat. The owner told us that he knew the group, because they had been in his place the night before and had bothered his waitresses.
He let us out the back and walked us across the road. We turned the lights off and watched them do four turns of the block looking for us.
When we decided that they had interest, we got in the car and drove the hour and a half home. We were terrified of them.
We were not much more than girls and they were in their late 40s, 50s and 60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy