Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give Joni points for using a quote by Zola

"If you shut up truth and bury it under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way."
Émile Zola , "Vérité" 1902.

Ric Blum's plagiarised 'love letter'...

"I can't, alas, dip my quill in the ink pot like Zola did..."

Yes they lived in Melbourne, it was in the inquest.

But I am more interested in WHY they posted this up - revising coroners report hopefully!
As Joni is at the public records office in Melbourne, presume she has a good idea what she's looking for/trying to verify?

Something worth considering...

Neologism coined by Paul Ekman in his book Telling Lies (1992).

Noun: duping delight

The pleasure of being able to manipulate someone, often made visible to others by flashing a smile at an inappropriate moment.

Q: Did you murder Marion Barter Mr. Blum?
A: (Laugh) Are you kidding?
Would RB in his warped mind consider that poisoning or drowning someone is not physically hurting them?

Would RB in his warped mind consider that poisoning or drowning someone is not physically hurting them?
I think in his dysfunctional brain he can justify everything he does. He doesn't suffer the inconvenience of a conscience like most of us. His actions aren't hampered by any feelings of empathy or guilt. He is a psychopath; his only aim is self gratification and self preservation.

Listening again to the latest podcast bit by bit.
Pattern of behaviour.

He claims he doesn't know his real name but has a record of his birth name - Willy Coppenolle July 1939 ( tick for 1 x truth)

" that's sensible because I was living...... ( yes?? what were you about to say Blum??) .....I cant remember what happened.... ...it was 80 yrs ago..."

But can remember at 3 his home was bombed, @1942 and "the person which I bare the name....she had legs blown off'"

"......The person I believe was my father came back from the civil war in Spain and was executed..."

Spanish Civil War - 1936 – March 1939

How can Desire David come back from the "civil war in Spain" to be captured and executed when Willy was born in July 1939 and Freddy David was born in June 1942 - Desire & Maria DAVID were living in Templeuve, France and then Desiree born October 1943 :rolleyes:

Desire Jean-Pierre Joseph David born Gelinden, Limburg, Belgique - 1905-12-13
also a thief

Death 17 March 1943
Doornik, België - 37 yrs old - Free State, South Africa -

1943 Death notice on 25-03-1943 for DESIRE DAVID 37 years, a car driver in Templeuve, France
husband to a MARIA COPPENOLLE. ( attached)

He then claims his Biologocal father is David Desire deHedervary before orphanage. :rolleyes:

Sent to Orphanage until 1951 then reunited with his 'mother' Maria and Abel Andre Wouters and two brothers but doesn't know if they were half brothers ( wonder why he doesn't know at age 80 given he and Di "lived with them when they got married" going on both their statements) and ( one has to ask WHY these two children weren't also sent to the orphanage if the mother had her legs blown off @1942 going on his testimony, manages to give birth to Freddy that same year 7 June 1942 with her husband in Spain fighting the war :rolleyes: and the other brother born Desiree 16 October 1943 )

Doing the math - conception for Freddy Sept 1941 and Desiree Jan 1943

Gawd that Desire David was one very busy man traveling back and forth "during a war" to father children with a woman who had no legs and another child in an orphanage to worry about.
Just HOW did Maria cope??? If that was my mother I would be calling her a saint not " THE WOMAN I KNEW AS MY MOTHER’ .

He earlier states all the birth records were bombed and destroyed.

Abel / Andre Wouters
Born May 1923 HOLLAND making him 11 years younger than Maria and 12 years older than Willy Coppenolle......

Marriage :1950 -03 -22( age 26 ) Army Volunteer - Maria Coppenolle (36) - seamstress- at rue de la citadelle, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France.
From newspaper:
Abel Wouters, 26
ans, army volunteer, rue de la
Citadel, and Maria Coppenolle, 36.,
quilter in tailoring, rue de l'athé-
born, widow of Dis're David.

So 7 yrs on she is still working at her tailoring business, raising 3 kids with no legs "dabbling in investments and travelling to various parts of Europe", going on Blum accounts:rolleyes:

Abel who serves in "occupied Germany until 1956 " - 11 years after WW2 had ended.....:rolleyes:

Claims that in 1951 when he leaves orphanage they went to Germany because "Andre Wouters was in the Army and was based in Germany”.

I found documents to show Andre worked in the smelter in Dormund Germany. ( hello diecast maker) where he had an accident in 1944.

He was a thief and Army volunteer at the time of marriage in 1950.
Interestingly Andre Wouters and friend Mestdagh are on a ship to Canada mid 50s and the name Mestdagh also comes up just prior to IK and WW coming into Australia and where they are staying on arrival here.

Incidentally Maria lived until she was 76 yrs old. Her father a decorated war hero and invalid.

Attachments

• death notice for DD. MC husband 25-03-1943.png
    death notice for DD. MC husband 25-03-1943.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 20
He then claims his Biologocal father is David Desire deHedervary before orphanage. :rolleyes:

He earlier states all the birth records were bombed and destroyed.
It's hard to believe that he doesn't know his true identity. So, what, exactly is he trying to hide and why?
At first, I thought it may have been illegitimacy but he testified that he was, to his knowledge, illegitimate so that was ruled out.
Then I thought it may have been Jewish ancestry that caused his secrecy but according to Monique, he spoke openly about having Jewish relatives who died in concentration camps during the war, which may or may not be true. Cross that reason for secrecy out.

If the story of being in an orphanage during the war is true, he would have no memory of his admittance at 3 years old, nor being told at that time, his father's name was de Hedervary. He said he was always known as Willy Coppenolle.

Maria Coppenolle, who he refers to as "the woman whose name I bear" or "the mother", is clearly not his biological mother and his biological father is not Desire David or Abel Wouters.

He is a man with a deep-seated disrespect for women. Why?

What is he hiding?

It's hard to believe that he doesn't know his true identity. So, what, exactly is he trying to hide and why?
At first, I thought it may have been illegitimacy but he testified that he was, to his knowledge, illegitimate so that was ruled out.
Then I thought it may have been Jewish ancestry that caused his secrecy but according to Monique, he spoke openly about having Jewish relatives who died in concentration camps during the war, which may or may not be true. Cross that reason for secrecy out.

If the story of being in an orphanage during the war is true, he would have no memory of his admittance at 3 years old, nor being told at that time, his father's name was de Hedervary. He said he was always known as Willy Coppenolle.

Maria Coppenolle, who he refers to as "the woman whose name I bear" or "the mother", is clearly not his biological mother and his biological father is not Desire David or Abel Wouters.

He is a man with a deep-seated disrespect for women. Why?

What is he hiding?
IMO he has mother issues.

He was abandoned by his mother. He has hated women ever since. JMO

Some great sleuthing work Mishy.

I’m probably barking up the wrong tree but the deH name still bothers me (was there ever a David Desire deH?). Is there a possibility he was a WW2 Hungarian Jewish orphan taken in by one of the Coppenolle family through the Roman Catholic Church or came to know of them through the orphanage?

Mishy has done some brilliant work on this

Marion Barter fb page...
"The Ballina community in NSW has been particularly helpful - thank you. We have also had fruitful contact from people in Brussels, Tournai, Ellezelles & Liège in Belgium as well as Lille & Côte d'Azur in France, amongst others right across Europe & the UK."

Looks like the chickens are finally coming home to roost :D:D:D

1658805950783.png

The Lady Vanishes, Bonus: Conversations 21

In a preview to episode 41, Sally, Bryan, Alison and Joni discuss where the investigation is at and where to from here.

Last edited:
I had an idea. There might be some sleuths on here who have in depth knowledge of the areas in the UK and places in Europe that Marion came to or RB operated from but who don't read this thread or follow this case.

They might be interested to become involved? How could they be identified and reached out to?

I had an idea. There might be some sleuths on here who have in depth knowledge of the areas in the UK and places in Europe that Marion came to or RB operated from but who don't read this thread or follow this case.

They might be interested to become involved? How could they be identified and reached out to?
I know a lot of people in luxemburg, so. will do my best to spread the. word, although I dont believe she left Australia again

will try local radio and newspapers in uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member