Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the witness is another woman who has come forward ?

I thought that the inquest was concluded and the verdict is supposed to be announced on November 30 ?

This new witness must have something interesting to say IMO.
I guess if there's new evidence, it will need to be seen before the conclusion of the inquest. Hopefully it gives Sally some more answers.

I guess if there's new evidence, it will need to be seen before the conclusion of the inquest. Hopefully it gives Sally some more answers.

Fingers crossed.

I thought on MPMB Facebook page they said at one point over the last few months that new info they dug up wasn’t able to be used in the inquest given the oral evidence had concluded.
I also re-listened to the last day of inquest (from 5 months ago) on YouTube again and the 17th October was never mentioned about a future court date. So all angles point to it being very fresh, new, critical **and exciting??** evidence. I can’t imagine they’d send all those parties back up to Lismore from Sydney for just anything.
I’m soooo interested to know what it is. And WHO it is! If being back in Lismore court is any clue…
My opinion & pure speculation (!) only.

Fingers crossed.

I thought on MPMB Facebook page they said at one point over the last few months that new info they dug up wasn’t able to be used in the inquest given the oral evidence had concluded.
I also re-listened to the last day of inquest (from 5 months ago) on YouTube again and the 17th October was never mentioned about a future court date. So all angles point to it being very fresh, new, critical **and exciting??** evidence. I can’t imagine they’d send all those parties back up to Lismore from Sydney for just anything.
I’m soooo interested to know what it is. And WHO it is! If being back in Lismore court is any clue…

Agree as much as I would like to hear from more women who have been loved scammed by RB ( and I am sure there are plenty), I think GGB and JO gave pretty good evidence to draw that picture, I wouldn't have thought they would need another example for the inquest, so I am assuming it is some big, that can link RB to MB, hoping so anyways :-)

Fingers crossed.

I figured it has to be something related to Marion around the time she went missing, otherwise it could be dealt with after the inquest ( in regards to defrauding other women) so it might be someone who knows about marion after the last sighting? I'll be watching on Monday!

My interest has been alerted to the fact that an article I posted a few days ago stated that money started disappearing from Marion's account the day she was alleged to return to Australia. We had never been told that before! IMO it was unlikely that would have been Marion as she would have been in Brisbane, suffering from jetlag and had a credit card.

I noticed that the inquest will be held in Lismore where they haven't been before. Is that because the secret witness lives nearby, courts in Byron Bay and Ballina were not available or evidence was found in that area? Or even as a witness from overseas via Video Link. Monique Cornelius?

My gut feeling is that Blum's son could be a witness, the Lismore police or the man who owned the coin shop in Lismore. I doubt it will be public viewing and maybe if it is the son, his info would probably be suppressed.

Here's the details for the Inquest tomorrow at Lismore.

Monday 17 October 2022

Inquest into the disappearance and suspected death of Marion BARTER aka Florabella Natalia Marion REMAKEL

Missing person

Lismore Court House at 1:00PM

Before Her Honour Magistrate O'Sullivan, State Coroner

Fingers crossed.

I’m soooo interested to know

My interest has been alerted to the fact that an article I posted a few days ago stated that money started disappearing from Marion's account the day she was alleged to return to Australia. We had never been told that before! IMO it was unlikely that would have been Marion as she would have been in Brisbane, suffering from jetlag and had a credit card.

I noticed that the inquest will be held in Lismore where they haven't been before. Is that because the secret witness lives nearby, courts in Byron Bay and Ballina were not available or evidence was found in that area? Or even as a witness from overseas via Video Link. Monique Cornelius?

My gut feeling is that Blum's son could be a witness, the Lismore police or the man who owned the coin shop in Lismore. I doubt it will be public viewing and maybe if it is the son, his info would probably be suppressed.
There is a link to the inquest in the morning on the fb page. I'll be watching for sure! I reckon it has to do with someone seeing Marion after her last known sighting or information about the withdrawals. fingers crossed for Sally.

Good morning all. I remember so vividly the mix of shock, satisfaction, and sadness that hit me when we tuned into the inquest earlier this year and first heard the name “Ric Blum”. My skin still crawls thinking about it. I wonder if we will have similar emotions today.

I hope the witness has information directly related to Marion, her relationship with RB, or her disappearance (as opposed to another woman RB conned, which seems unlikely). I agree that it must be big to warrant another session. Perhaps she was sighted in/around Lismore!

I googled “Marion barter Lismore” and a name came up, “Ilona Marion [redacted]” in an environmental action register. I’m certain it’s not connected, so I have left the surname out, but I still got goosebumps.After RB anything could be possible ‍♀️

Good morning all. I remember so vividly the mix of shock, satisfaction, and sadness that hit me when we tuned into the inquest earlier this year and first heard the name “Ric Blum”. My skin still crawls thinking about it. I wonder if we will have similar emotions today.

I hope the witness has information directly related to Marion, her relationship with RB, or her disappearance (as opposed to another woman RB conned, which seems unlikely). I agree that it must be big to warrant another session. Perhaps she was sighted in/around Lismore!

I googled “Marion barter Lismore” and a name came up, “Ilona Marion [redacted]” in an environmental action register. I’m certain it’s not connected, so I have left the surname out, but I still got goosebumps.After RB anything could be possible ‍♀️

I had my hopes up but then another sleuth pointed to this post by Joni, so now I really don't know ...

Morning all, I'd just like to add in response to waking up to so many comments here thinking that this may be a huge breakthrough in the case. At times the Court does need to undertake processes that may not result in furthering a case, but will ensure that they are acting appropriately on information gained. We support the Coroner and her team in calling this hearing and respect the processes in place to ensure everything is done correctly. I know this comment is also a bit cryptic but we just want to be as transparent as we can be under the constraints we have at the moment. Thank you, Joni

That's a bit of a coninkidink that the name is "Ilona Marion" I might have to do a bit of a google until it starts at 1pm.

I had my hopes up but then another sleuth pointed to this post by Joni, so now I really don't know ...

Morning all, I'd just like to add in response to waking up to so many comments here thinking that this may be a huge breakthrough in the case. At times the Court does need to undertake processes that may not result in furthering a case, but will ensure that they are acting appropriately on information gained. We support the Coroner and her team in calling this hearing and respect the processes in place to ensure everything is done correctly. I know this comment is also a bit cryptic but we just want to be as transparent as we can be under the constraints we have at the moment. Thank you, Joni
But The post about the inquest talks of a "new surprise witness" in Lismore. so weird. I guess we will all find out this afternoon.

But The post about the inquest talks of a "new surprise witness" in Lismore. so weird. I guess we will all find out this afternoon.

I know bit frustrating that they tell us not to read anything into it but think it's a good idea to state "new surprise witness" and not expect people to be overzealous

Then again, I assume Joni doesn't / should know who or what it's about anyways?? isn't the information prehearing confidential?

Guess we will see soon enough, just hoping it gets Sally one step closer

I know bit frustrating that they tell us not to read anything into it but think it's a good idea to state "new surprise witness" and not expect people to be overzealous

Then again, I assume Joni doesn't / should know who or what it's about anyways?? isn't the information prehearing confidential?

Guess we will see soon enough, just hoping it gets Sally one step closer
I'm assuming they'd know more, but can't go blabbing beforehand. I just didn't like how conflicting the statements were.

I also found Joni’s comment a bit frustrating:

“PS. For the absolute minority of this lovely community - we implore you to not contact anyone associated with this case, including this witness - everyone has a right to live their lives as they normally would without strangers invading their inboxes & social media or being "researched" & theorized about on public forums or threads - it makes others less likely with key information to come forward to Police also ! Thank you - J”

Greatest respect to Joni, who has done such significant work and helped Sally so much - I feel much of the ‘ research’ done here has been valuable and important. Considering the basis of this whole inquest is a podcast/non police-run investigation, the suggestion that the work of sleuths like us and like Joni is no longer helpful stings a bit? Like, have we forgotten how this all started? “Everyone has a right to live their lives” ok are we forgetting the podcast rocked up at Fernand Remakel’s house in Luxembourg?

I also found Joni’s comment a bit frustrating:

“PS. For the absolute minority of this lovely community - we implore you to not contact anyone associated with this case, including this witness - everyone has a right to live their lives as they normally would without strangers invading their inboxes & social media or being "researched" & theorized about on public forums or threads - it makes others less likely with key information to come forward to Police also ! Thank you - J”

Greatest respect to Joni, who has done such significant work and helped Sally so much - I feel much of the ‘ research’ done here has been valuable and important. Considering the basis of this whole inquest is a podcast/non police-run investigation, the suggestion that the work of sleuths like us and like Joni is no longer helpful stings a bit? Like, have we forgotten how this all started? “Everyone has a right to live their lives” ok are we forgetting the podcast rocked up at Fernand Remakel’s house in Luxembourg?

Agree - I do get her point and it's such a fine line but smacks of hypocrisy.

Even in the Dakota Spotlight interview with AS, she is still totally missing the point in regard to the backlash over the Real FR

I mean they said in the Dakota Spotlight podcast that the case is being made into documentary/movie. Clearly the vibe has changed insofar as what the case represents, especially in the light of the Teacher’s Pet verdict and the sensationalism of that whole case

Edited to add: the podcast and producers don’t owe anything to us and that’s okay. I’m just not that keen on the new approach to the social media pages and hope the message isn’t lost amid all of the sensationalism - that missing people like Marion deserve to be searched for and found, that the families of missing persons should be taken seriously
Agree - I do get her point and it's such a fine line but smacks of hypocrisy.

Even in the Dakota Spotlight interview with AS, she is still totally missing the point in regard to the backlash over the Real FR
ean they

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member