Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
amazing how no matter what alias he uses, his signature is almost the same every time.

also I have found DdH’s mother but not her father. I though she said she was travelling with her parents.
I noticed his signature always has an underscore/line under his surname. Well the ones I have seen to especially the WW signature.

I see where you're coming from but I really cannot imagine this being the case.
Is it possible? Anything is possible. It's possible that Marion is currently living her best life in the Bahamas, sipping margaritas and having a good giggle at WS as we speak. (I HOPE this is the case, btw.) But is it likely?
I think it's more likely that IK married quickly because a) RB's story's have a shred of truth to them and she met someone else, b) their marriage was essentially a sham to get RB residency, or c) she wanted to get the HELL away from RB as fast as possible and felt another relationship would be a good source of protection for her.
I just don't see every single player in this case committing fraud left right and centre just because RB is as slimy as they come. She may have knowingly or unknowingly helped RB get residency in Aus, but I find it unlikely that she's then spinning out and conning the government on her own.
I understand not wanting taint IK with the same brush but I have wondered for a few days now, whether RB was using an (as yet unknown) offence by IK as leverage against IK to take part in the sham marriage to get residency. She declares a minor traffic (haulage) offence record on one of her documents in NAA files and it was committed around the same times as his traffic offences, so maybe he can implicate her in something bigger? If it is part of his MO to allegedly employ blackmail this could fit the picture.

This merry go round is still taking me back to my first theory that RB is really one of WW brothers not WW - I posted it a while back ...
A couple of days ago a news article popped up on my news feed about quaternary twins (offspring of couples where both couples are identical twins) who are considered to be genetically more like brothers than cousins….and I thought…hmmm! It’s certainly not unheard of around this period of time as my French Algerian connections I mentioned were identical brothers marrried to non-identical sisters. All their children looked alike! Just another whacky theory to ponder

Just to clarify - I posted the train stories earlier about Desire David. According to this family tree, RB is the son of Desire. Has someone found that the train Desire IS NOT the same person as RBs father? Maria Coppenolle : Family tree by Didier VANCOPPENOLLE (vancop) - Geneanet
Here is the Desire from the train… based on the women he married Claire as per the 2nd article you posted yesterday from The truth

Family tree of Desiré Charles Octave DAVID

I do believe this Desire and RB’s desire are connected. Atm I’m search all David’s..

Trying to find the connection. IMO the story is too similar to willy wonka for there not to be a family connection.

This is making me question whether he is a Coppenolle. Maybe she was his Aunty and adopted as D has said.. and he is actually a David.

There are Frederic David’s, and Richard David’s that go way back in Belgium, so I’m trying to find the link between the 2 Desire David’s.

Can I ask how you confirmed it?
Yesterday a link from trove was posted with an old article about desire… further down the article it spoke of his marriage to Claire Deloustal…

So as desire Charles octave David married Claire Deloustal as in the link I’ve shared above.. I’d say this is the desire from the train.

There are heaps of Desire David’s in either Christian or middle names from what I’ve seen researching

Thx so much. I guess I just don't understand why he would deny that when he was under oath on the stand. I don't live in Australia, so is lying at a coronial inquest considered perjury? Lying to the police in a statement probably isn't good, but I don't think it's perjury. I understand, though, now why he is denying making a statement in June

RB has perjured a few times at the inquest yes. He is a pathological liar and thinks he is a mastermind of persuasion and manipulation.....that is until he came up against the wonderful LC Adam Casselden.
I think this is what some people don't get with him taking an oath. He believes he is above the Rule of Law. His years of fraud, swindling's, etc show his true character......IMO

I understand not wanting taint IK with the same brush but I have wondered for a few days now, whether RB was using an (as yet unknown) offence by IK as leverage against IK to take part in the sham marriage to get residency. She declares a minor traffic (haulage) offence record on one of her documents in NAA files and it was committed around the same times as his traffic offences, so maybe he can implicate her in something bigger? If it is part of his MO to allegedly employ blackmail this could fit the picture.

or they met in traffic court :)

Agree that there is something more to the union of these two - both of them perhaps working in the same business who is doing some shonky handshaking on the side? His business? Her family related business ?- ( her brother and WW working together? - have been trying to find out more about this brother she documented ) A business for immigrants? Who knows. But the way he dismissed her when AC spoke of her led me to believe he despised her.

Actually, not saying this him working is true, but a lot of families give their ‘gone off the path’ familymembers work bevause they think keeping an eye on them will help them staying out of trouble & give them a chance of a new beginning. So it is possible.
On the other hand, he may have stated he worked there, police figured out it was a lie and they were making that very clear to RB in the inquest to make him nervous…

Speaking of honest day's work, in the inquest, Mr C speaks of RB working in and for his family's furniture factory as if it were fact. During the 6 year period RB and Diane were not in Australia. It made me wonder if the authorities have proof he was working at that time. And I wondered why on earth his family would hire him for anything after all the time in prison and boatload of charges.

Is it possible there are 2/3 men in this charades? It ha been previously mentioned that RdH might have a accomplice? RB, WW, RdH?

Anything is possible in this crazy story of WW!
But there is evidence of his Names of Many Colours -

This was the latest timeline put up by @Peralta

We now have all 10 passports in 8 different names used in Australia

1939 – Willy Coppenolle (alleged name at orphanage)
Mar 1969 – Willy Wouters (Belgian passport 1, arr Perth via UK, residency)
Mar 1971 – Fredy David (possible o/s passport, arr Aus on Chusan from UK)
Feb 1976 – Frederick David de Hedervary (Aus passport 2,3,4, married DW, citizenship)
1976-77 – Roger Lauzoney (possible 0/s passport, ID jail Lux also with FDdH passport)
1985 – Chaim Frederick David Dehedervary (NSW license)
1987 – Richard Lloyd West (Aus passport 5, name change after long absence overseas)
24 Aug 1988 – Fernand Nocolas Remakel (QLD license)
2 Oct 1992 – Fernand Nocolas Remakel (QLD license renewed)
1992 – Richard Westbury (Aus passport 6)
10 Dec 1994 – FN Remakel (Le Courrier rencontre)
17 Jun 1997 – Richard Westbury (dep Aus) (Marion dep 22 Jun)
31 Jul 1997 – Richard Westbury (arr Aus) (Marion arr 2 Aug)
Late 1990s – de Havardary (as known by GGB)
1998-99 – Ric West (as known by JO)
Nov 1999 – Rich Richard (Aus passport 7, travel with JO)
May 2002 – Frederick David de Hedervary (Aus passport 8, name change to previous name)
2011 – Willy David Coppenolle (Aus passport 9, CBA bank)
Current – Ric Blum (Aus passport 10, name change possibly when podcast came out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member