Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a vague memory of something being mentioned before but has anyone explored the Jewish connection? For example the Surname David is a popular first and family (surname) in the Jewish culture and this would not necessarily be significant if not for RB's decision to add Chaim to his alias name Chaim FdH in 1985. Chaim =Life (as in the Jewish toast L'Chaim "To life"!)

My understanding of the June scenario is that RB denied everything, including knowing Marion, the Remakel driving license etc and then went to the station the following day to explain he didn't want to say anything about affairs in front of his wife. By the next interview, he/they have had a chance to realise this was a big mistake...By denying it ever took place, RB cuts off the line of questioning by counsel. MOO of course. Others may have a much better take on this.

Just catching up , but my take on this was possibly him denying his first statement was what he considered his statement of truth and claiming his second was the one he agreed to as his truth

I have a vague memory of something being mentioned before but has anyone explored the Jewish connection? For example the Surname David is a popular first and family (surname) in the Jewish culture and this would not necessarily be significant if not for RB's decision to add Chaim to his alias name Chaim FdH in 1985. Chaim =Life (as in the Jewish toast L'Chaim "To life"!)

yes i also posted about the Jewish line hence the messy distribution of assets and familiar complexity

I found it interesting that he did an official name change from FDH back to WW in Dec89, wondering whether this was for financial reasons back in Europe? 20 years since he had used WW as name (as far as I can see).

Just a suggestion but i think Maria C died in 1990 so maybe it may have been to grab his part of the inheritance ?

All these DD's are as confusing as RB's life hahahhaa!

Here is the DD from the Maria Copponelle Genealogy tree:
Family tree of Désiré Jean Pierre Joseph David
male.png
Désiré Jean Pierre Joseph David

• Born 13 December 1905 - Gelinden, Limburg (B)
  • Deceased 17 March 1943 - Tournai, Hainaut (B), aged 37 years old
The family tree we have been connecting to for so long....

************************************************************************************************
And here is Désiré Charles Octave David from that link put up by @KittensAugustus
Claire Deloustal et le don juan des pullmann

Born in November 1895, son of an academic, twice wounded during the war of ...... charged in 1926 with espionage and fraud for the benefit of Germany. Claimed in the Reich while he had taken refuge in Dusseldorf, he was only extradited, and therefore tried, on the sole charge of fraud. It was during the 1934 trial that we got to know the character...... ( it is an incredible story)

The tree you put up
Family tree of Desiré Charles Octave DAVID

IS THIS Désiré Charles Octave David ! ( Désiré Charles Octave David, called the "Don Juan of sleepers")

You have the tree and Kittens has the back stories!
I get you now lol sorry brain was fried from. Searching everywhere to find a connection between the two….
Yes I believe Don Juan is Desire Charles octave David

His father was Jacques David

Don Juan married Claire or Bimba as referred to in this article. Calling him that cos it’s too confusing )

RB’s David - Desire Jean Pierre Joseph David father was Jean Pierre David

what I’m trying to find is the link between RB’s David and ‘Don Juan’ David

Going with the theory that Don Juan may well be his father and he ended up living with Maria and Desire and they weren’t parents they were aunt and uncle as per D’s story.

When we read the story of Don Juan it sounds like RB… it’s way to close…

so I’m going nuts trying to find if he is his birth father… and I have a feeling he is.

Or I’m completely wrong and this is a freak of nature coincidence… hmm

I get you now lol sorry brain was fried from. Searching everywhere to find a connection between the two….

Don Juan married Claire or Bimba as referred to in this article. Calling him that cos it’s too confusing )

Going with the theory that Don Juan may well be his father and he ended up living with Maria and Desire and they weren’t parents they were aunt and uncle as per D’s story.

so I’m going nuts trying to find if he is his birth father… and I have a feeling he is.

This is the JPD who added a name to not be confused with his mentor at a gallery

Pierre-Jean David d'Angers — Wikipédia

I have that name change being on a NSW licence - was he in Aust in 1985? When did he "officially" arrive back here from UK? So many dates and changes to keep up with!

I found this a few days ago. Bernard Dupont - says French born etc however states spent the last 12 months in aust and staying perm this is 1970 after flying out with IK.. may not be him but it caught my eye. Flight is from noumea

View digital copy
I feel like the signature is too different to the ones FdH uses with his other names. His A's are quite different too IMO.

This is the JPD who added a name to not be confused with his mentor at a gallery

I really hope there are no more Pj David’s or desires…

there’s often double ups online some gave more info than others snd I am blown away by how many Jean Pierres, Frederic, desires, Joseph’s and a few others there are with David surnames.

as RB loves to shuffle around christian and middle names it means going through all of them lol

** excuse the typos I’m on the iPhone lol

Just spitballing here, but possibly he said things in June that are provably false and lying in a police statement is probably a crime. So better to just say he didn’t give that statement (there was no video apparently so may actually be hard to prove he gave the statement although no one believes him).

agree I think he gave a statement on the 9th and then found out about the podcast and information on the web about Marion, I don't think he had any idea about the publicity around Marion's case before the police came knocking. he had months before his 2nd statement in October to weave a story that fit with the public information.

I would love to know what was in the first statement

I really hope there are no more Pj David’s or desires…

there’s often double ups online some gave more info than others snd I am blown away by how many Jean Pierres, Frederic, desires, Joseph’s and a few others there are with David surnames.

as RB loves to shuffle around christian and middle names it means going through all of them lol

** excuse the typos I’m on the iPhone lol
TBH, I think Anglophones underestimate how common certain Francophone names are when they sound so exotic. Jean, Pierre, Michel, Frederic etc are the equivalent of John, Peter, Michael, Fred. And then there are the hyphenated ones…I would go out on a limb and say Jean-Pierre is up there with the most common traditional male name. Even Désiré, although it has gone out of fashion a bit now, was more common for previous generations than might be thought. And I said in another post the names Bernard and DuPont are common too. In Belgium Wouters is in the top ten names and Willy is common too. And then there’s the female name Marie…again probably one of the most common Francophone female names singularly and in combination: Anne-Marie, Marie-Claude off the top of my head.

Searching for some of the names is a bit like trying to find a particular John or Jane Smith!

This is why I am so interested in the Roger Lauzoney alias. Roger is not as common and Lauzoney (spelled that way) doesn’t even exist in Ancestry searches! Richard Lloyd Westbury also interests me as the name Lloyd is pretty specifically Welsh.

Last edited:
Random and off topic. Just dealing with my continuing RB family furniture factory obsession. Did RB say he was attending furniture exhibitions in the UK and in France etc? I need to relisten. Were these like homeshows, yearly events? The programs of exhibitors are probably somewhere to be found. End of random spontaneous factory family business thoughts.

And Sorry it is suppose to be at the end of my post to you, "THIS IS" not 'is this' .....
Oh it is So confusing yes! But you are definitely filling in some gaps for me saying all this!
And great idea to call him Don Juan! It is too confusing otherwiseo_O
HOW RB keeps up with all his names I have no idea lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member