Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as mentioned by TootsieFootsie, it may have been the best AS could get out of MC. Either that or nothing at all. I’m sure they would have discussed and agreed to the questions prior to the recording. Unlike AF, MC was as adamant that she would not be willing to travel to Australia to give evidence. MC is nowhere near as open as the other survivors to the obvious questions we are all wondering.
I also believe that the interview was edited. Near the end of the interview I’m sure I can hear AS voice underneath that of MC or is it my ears playing up again?

I also believe that the interview was edited. Near the end of the interview I’m sure I can hear AS voice underneath that of MC or is it my ears playing up again?
I believe your ears are working well, there were a lot of fades of MC’s voice with AS talking over the top. I initially thought it was because it was difficult to understand MC’s accent but maybe there were other reasons to edit

I wonder also whether some of the editing was because it was a lot of the same stuff over and over.

TLV are not going to divulge anything new to us if MC said something that could be a lead or point of research, they would just edit it out, I think they have made it clear how they feel about the internet sleuths, the information we hear is just to keep their regular listeners engaged and interested enough to keep following. IMO

It’s good to see this case is getting wider publicity in Luxembourg & Belgium but not sure the same can be said for The Netherlands. Just how many Dutch dentists would have been holidaying in East Sussex or were in that region in July 1997? If this was picked up by Dutch national media there must be a chance he would be found?

Is there a professional publication for Dutch dentists that might possibly track them down or publicise it more thoroughly?

It’s good to see this case is getting wider publicity in Luxembourg & Belgium but not sure the same can be said for The Netherlands. Just how many Dutch dentists would have been holidaying in East Sussex or were in that region in July 1997? If this was picked up by Dutch national media there must be a chance he would be found?

Is there a professional publication for Dutch dentists that might possibly track them down or publicise it more thoroughly?
Wonder if these guys have been approached?

AS doesn’t usually shy away from asking interviewees sensitive or difficult questions but hardly asked MC any. That’s not a criticism but was noticeable to me.
I noticed the same thing. I felt AS was improvising and reading the situation. It felt very weird to me when MC invited AS to visit her in Luxembourg-- as if she didn't want AS to blame Luxembourg for anything! Or as if the two women had met at a spa and were making small talk. I believe that interview was conducted with kid gloves, and AS felt just like @TootsieFootsie said, that she was lucky to get what she got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrrrghhh so many questions! Why is Ric Blum not arrested yet?

Is he protected by someone high up in politics?
Possibly because the police are trying to get him for murder, not theft. There’s no information in the public domain that directly implicates him as a person who harmed Marion. I know we all think that (and I believe that too) but evidence in a criminal matter needs to be stronger than what was presented at inquest. The only thing they can get him on at inquest now is that he is a liar and an unreliable witness - they could not prove he had harmed Marion. Not yet. Charging him on a greater offence is probably the priority of a police investigation. Honestly I feel that charging him with the lesser crimes would indicate they’ve exhausted their options to charge him on the greater offences, and I hope police are not there yet.

Having him deported would be a disaster for Marion's case.

Plus having him in prison for other offences would make it much harder to get access to him, especially with the case becoming more well known and maybe he might lawyer up with some pro bono lawyer wanting to make a name for themselves.

Also, I know some would maybe like it, but what happens if he gets attacked by other prisoners. It has been known to happen. He could die and that would be the end of getting any more information about Marion from him.

Having him deported would be a disaster for Marion's case.

Plus having him in prison for other offences would make it much harder to get access to him, especially with the case becoming more well known and maybe he might lawyer up with some pro bono lawyer wanting to make a name for themselves.

Also, I know some would maybe like it, but what happens if he gets attacked by other prisoners. It has been known to happen. He could die and that would be the end of getting any more information about Marion from him.
It might sound un-Christian and a bit vengeful but I do hope he lives to a 100 so he can have a number of years reflecting on what a nasty deviant he has been throughout his criminal life. JMO by the way!

What a damning, nasty detail. It just gets worse and worse. He doesn't just steal, he makes it so his victims can't prove he did. That is deeply, diabolically premeditated.

Also the sheer cruelty of it. These records that the husband meticulously kept were a treasure in their own right and he destroyed that little piece of history, a form of archive even, and he destroyed that keepsake and sentimental value for the entire family going into the future.

Arrrrghhh so many questions! Why is Ric Blum not arrested yet?

Is he protected by someone high up in politics?
I'd assume it's a jurisdiction thing, ie the theft took place in Belgium, so NSW police can't charge him for something outside of their jurisdiction.
Sale of stolen goods would be a different matter and I'm guessing they'd have to establish whether there's sufficient evidence for this charge. But the values mentioned in the article are individually pretty small, I can't imagine any significant conviction in any case which is heartbreaking given the devastation his actions caused (But still any pressure on him would have to be a good thing surely...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23