Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt his children mean a hill o' beans to him. I'd say D may have funds he can't get to but can only live off of. A trust? Also, D and kiddies are his cover. His blind. He may think they make him invulnerable, as the "perfect" family.

I think you're right. My own father wasn't a million miles from AKA so I don't know why I accidentally thought he could be fond of them, of course he isn't, he'd probably push them under a bus to save his own life and he has nothing but contempt for everyone.

I think D just facilitates his life in a way that is satisfactory enough he never needed to make an alteration to their arrangements. Makes him look like a normal regular family man when he's anything but.

He certainly does appear to avoid Belgium’s airports. There are at least 3 airports in Belgium that serve Tournai. Alternatively he could go to Lille Lesquin airport (30 mins away from Tournai) but he might get bashed there.

Perhaps he doesn’t like getting those down their nose dirty looks from border officials in Belgium as he is such a poor & crippled pensioner. It’s humiliating. Better to go to Amsterdam and get the train and sneak into Belgium that way.
Yes and remember one of his cousins mentioned that given he was in prison so much in France, he was 'not allowed' to enter Belgium and that the cousins Aunt went to the UK to visit him - interesting eh

Wonder what makes DDH the “lucky” one still with us and her assets intact?
I think she grew to love her criminal husbands adventures, bringing home the spoils to the family

There's a hell of a lot of properties bought and sold over the yrs under their names and lets face it, when you have one of your kids playing with the rich and famous as an adult, you certainly didn't come from a struggling pensioners family life.

All of those OS trips the family have taken over the yrs, not to mention his multiple trips throughout the year, every year, the gold jewellery dripping off DdeH as mentioned by people who knew them in the swimming arenas, all the cars - ( I dont know any pensioner who could afford to buy a car for their daughter when she wasn't even at an age to drive - IF you believe DdeH testimony of course :rolleyes: and let it sit there in preparation), and of course ALL the money needed when your 2 kids are swimming Nationals each year.

DdeH parents ended up in a unit - they started out in Bellevue Hill Sydney - flying OS numerous times, sailing on the luxury Chusan with their family, etc and wound up in a small unit until their death

Last edited:
No-one that knew Marion has come forward to say they knew of him though. It makes me think that even if she didn’t see the original Remakel ad that she perhaps did meet him through one.
JMO but I still think Marion met him at the Arts Centre (as Marion told Sally) or should I say the predator was looking for middle aged women on their own and struck up a conversation over a coffee, say.

Of course Marion might have been fibbing as she didn’t want to confess she was looking at lonely hearts ads, not that one has been found. The 1994 ad was too early and very unlikely Marion was reading French language publications in her spare time. IMHO.

JMO but I still think Marion met him at the Arts Centre (as Marion told Sally) or should I say the predator was looking for middle aged women on their own and struck up a conversation over a coffee, say.

Of course Marion might have been fibbing as she didn’t want to confess she was looking at lonely hearts ads, not that one has been found. The 1994 ad was too early and very unlikely Marion was reading French language publications in her spare time. IMHO.
I agree too.

And it has been mentioned on the page that it was 1997 they met, not through that FR ad in 1994

I'm sure there's more discussed here but for starters

I added some of the names discussed here of missing persons in the areas that he frequented, to see if they fit the timeline.

I am convinced of 3 that may have come into contact with him just from discussions here and searches made.

1960 / 1961 – Jeanine LeRoy born Lille

1964? – Nicole Renaud born in Lille

1969 – Ilona Kinczel

1970 -

1976 - Diane Walker

1980 -

1986 - June Doyle

1990 - Trevaline Evans - UK antique dealer

1995 - Jennifer Fairgate / Fergate

1997 - Marion Barter

1998 - Ginette Gaffney Bowen

1999 - Janet Oldenburgh

1999 - Georgette Van Acker - last seen Lille Train Station - I am convinced she was known to AH - too many links to this name

2000's - * Date unknown - over 2 decades ago according to newspapers = After reacquainting with E.Reid, AH talks about a Melbourne woman that he had recently robbed & giving a fake mobile number

2001-

2002 - “LINDA” -SINGLE – Sydney RSVP dating - French business man –named Bernard Dupont - it looked like a younger version of AKA – she didn't respond to it as thought it was a scam

2005 - Rosemary Zillig

2005 - Penelope Smith

2006 – Ghislaine Dubois-Danlois

2010 - Andree Flamme

2010 - SCHÖLLER-GYÜRE Monika

2011 - Catherine Davies

2012 - CL – family

2012 - Jennifer McDonald - VERY ODD CASE

2014 - Jeanette Moss

2015- Ellen Wilson

I'm absolutely convinced he could be involved in the Jennifer Fairgate case.

It's been a while since I read it but IIRC her hair had recently been cut and dyed, all her luggage was gone, and there was the strange male staying in a room opposite who seemingly obfuscated dates / times.

Is there a WS link for Jennifer McDonald - I've done a cursory search and couldn't find anything?

JMO MOO

Last edited:
Yes, I’m not suggesting they met through the earlier identified Remakel ad in Le Courier, but I do wonder whether there were others later on in the classifieds of regular newspapers. I remember seeing that type of thing around those years when I had no interest myself - they were just there among the miscellaneous stuff. We know it was one of his methods.

Also not ruling out the Arts Centre. I think he was like a fisherman with multiple lines set up, waiting to see which ones got a bite. I wonder how many people that frequented the Art Centre back then have been identified. So many people that are potentially still unaware of Marian’s story.

I'm sure there's more discussed here but for starters

I added some of the names discussed here of missing persons in the areas that he frequented, to see if they fit the timeline.

I am convinced of 3 that may have come into contact with him just from discussions here and searches made.

1960 / 1961 – Jeanine LeRoy born Lille

1964? – Nicole Renaud born in Lille

1969 – Ilona Kinczel

1970 -

1976 - Diane Walker

1980 -

1986 - June Doyle

1990 - Trevaline Evans - UK antique dealer

1995 - Jennifer Fairgate / Fergate

1997 - Marion Barter

1998 - Ginette Gaffney Bowen

1999 - Janet Oldenburgh

1999 - Georgette Van Acker - last seen Lille Train Station - I am convinced she was known to AH - too many links to this name

2000's - * Date unknown - over 2 decades ago according to newspapers = After reacquainting with E.Reid, AH talks about a Melbourne woman that he had recently robbed & giving a fake mobile number

2001-

2002 - “LINDA” -SINGLE – Sydney RSVP dating - French business man –named Bernard Dupont - it looked like a younger version of AKA – she didn't respond to it as thought it was a scam

2005 - Rosemary Zillig

2005 - Penelope Smith

2006 – Ghislaine Dubois-Danlois

2010 - Andree Flamme

2010 - SCHÖLLER-GYÜRE Monika

2011 - Catherine Davies

2012 - CL – family

2012 - Jennifer McDonald - VERY ODD CASE

2014 - Jeanette Moss

2015- Ellen Wilson
I love this summed up list, Mishy. Thanks for keeping track of suggestions, info & sleuthings! So so appreciated!
Do you think it would help contacting all of their responsible police stations to make them aware? Or did someone already do this?

I think she grew to love her criminal husbands adventures, bringing home the spoils to the family

There's a hell of a lot of properties bought and sold over the yrs under their names and lets face it, when you have one of your kids playing with the rich and famous as an adult, you certainly didn't come from a struggling pensioners family life.

All of those OS trips the family have taken over the yrs, not to mention his multiple trips throughout the year, every year, the gold jewellery dripping off DdeH as mentioned by people who knew them in the swimming arenas, all the cars - ( I dont know any pensioner who could afford to buy a car for their daughter when she wasn't even at an age to drive - IF you believe DdeH testimony of course :rolleyes: and let it sit there in preparation), and of course ALL the money needed when your 2 kids are swimming Nationals each year.

DdeH parents ended up in a unit - they started out in Bellevue Hill Sydney - flying OS numerous times, sailing on the luxury Chusan with their family, etc and wound up in a small unit until their death
I wonder if the kids' fancy friends have started to distance themselves from the family? I imagine they wouldn't want their reputations damaged by association, even indirectly, with low-life.

I wonder if the kids' fancy friends have started to distance themselves from the family? I imagine they wouldn't want their reputations damaged by association, even indirectly, with low-life.

I think in today's instantaneous 'cancel culture', there'd be a lot of people who'd rightly fear their own reputation or character or business could be slurred by association.

Imagine all the people who've ever done business with any of the family!? Be half waiting for knocks on the door from detectives.

and for some reason I can't get the connection of a Remarkel working for Trendwest, although never proven, out of my head ... right across the road from the arts center.

Last edited:
No idea but I agree with @Observe_dont_Absorb.
Most would have run a mile from any connection!
Interestingly while the inquest was on, the friends were still in the playpen together.

and for some reason I can get the connection of a Remarkel working for Trendwest, although never proven, out of my head ... right across the road from the arts center.
Me too. There's something there thats for sure IMO

SL did say that Marion told her they met through a mutual friend, so who knows if that was accurate. I do tend to believe this more so than an advert though.

I doubt it. The children are adults now with their own lives. Most people wouldn’t hold an adult friend responsible for their parents actions. Although the sons response to GDD (I think it was) was deplorable.

It may even have been something as simple as a Personals post on a Notice Board at the Arts Centre.

and for some reason I can't get the connection of a Remarkel working for Trendwest, although never proven, out of my head ... right across the road from the arts center.

Trendwest was 130 Bundall Rd, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217 and the Arts Center 135 Bundall Rd, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217

The person claimed a Remarkel was on the payroll at Trendwest - they use to comment on the unusual name, they had never met this person they just worked in the pay office. ( if I remember correctly)

Trendwest. ... timeshare resort operators

Last edited:
Timeline of Victims we know of so far - Apologies if spelling of surnames are incorrect - there are certainly some patterns forming!!!!

2006 – Ghislaine Dubois-Danlois - places Lonely Hearts advert in paper - relatives knew him

Yes, but AKA wanted GDD to keep their relationship and future plans to settle in Australia a secret from her children because it 'would be fun'.

Luckily GDD did share her plans with her children. Otherwise there might have been a very different outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWI