Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he only used the FR name once, he didn't wait almost 10 years to use it.

1988 he is believed to acquire a drivers licence in the name of Fernand Remakel. The license was valid to 1992 and was renewed through to the end of 1997.
Yes, agreed, but as we’ve said, there does seem to be something different about his ‘relationship’ with MC.

Yes, agreed, but as we’ve said, there does seem to be something different about his ‘relationship’ with MC.
It’s MCs prerogative if she doesn’t want to divulge everything she knows about Aka. She might have done away from the inquest. It’s such a shame she didn’t appear at the inquest because that might have unnerved him and stopped his pathetically poor attempt at a stammer. JMO but I believe she knows an awful lot more than she has let on in her interviews.

But that is the thing - he doesn't care if they know him ~

He did the exact same thing to his own relative!
His cousins wife WAS FAMILY - he took her to Bali and left her there with no means to get home - he had her passport in the hotel safe and only he knew the code - He stole her money, jewellery, her coin collection and got her to collect coins for him using her own name before they left.

The WHOLE Coppenolle family knew him. They knew him as WW and as FdeH.

That is why I put up on the victims if family knew him.

Because MB was the ONLY one so far that the family didn't know of him and the ONLY one so far who changed her name and got a new passport - even though she only renewed her old one the year prior.
Which makes me think he learned some things from his Marion con. Name change sounded brilliant but in actuality may have screwed up the bank transactions at first. Keeping secret from family may have caused Marion to be more trouble in some way at the end. Or make things take longer. All maybes. And maybe he did use same methods on other women. But the pattern is there and Marion is different.

Don’t get me wrong as JO is a vital and brilliant witness but her level of trusting him almost beggars belief. She even offered him a glass of water when he rocked up after dumping her in the UK and still hadn’t clicked he was trying to steal from her. I know a few women who would have chucked the water over him or glassed him at that point!!

Perhaps it’s a generational thing or she is just a vulnerable but very caring and trusting person who was a tad gullible. His ideal victim really.
Agree. Love is blind.

Re: MC - she's the only person he gets emotional about. Perhaps they did have an intense love affair (as far as he is able to love). Or, more likely, lust affair.... Did she describe her ex husband as a handsome international football player and it filled him with jealousy, hence appropriating his name?

The football connection to MB seems a clue in this case. He could have been hanging around at the Arts Centre (or wherever) looking for someone to target and got chatting to MB. She would have picked up on his accent and perhaps mentioned her previous marriage to JW & travelling with him to Europe which gave AHA an 'in'. He might have told her he was FNR on the spur of the moment as a point of connection..... "What a coincidence! I played professional football too.... until, poor me, I got injured.."

JMO

I doubt he only used the FR name once, he didn't wait almost 10 years to use it.

1988 he is believed to acquire a drivers licence in the name of Fernand Remakel. The license was valid to 1992 and was renewed through to the end of 1997.
IIRC the podcast mentioned a message on the internet from a Michel wanting to reconnect with a FR who they met in Australia a few years ago. This also supports that he likely used the FR identity previously.

Don’t get me wrong as JO is a vital and brilliant witness but her level of trusting him almost beggars belief. She even offered him a glass of water when he rocked up after dumping her in the UK and still hadn’t clicked he was trying to steal from her. I know a few women who would have chucked the water over him or glassed him at that point!!

Perhaps it’s a generational thing or she is just a vulnerable but very caring and trusting person who was a tad gullible. His ideal victim really.
Sometimes the safest way to disengage from a predator is to back away slowly, stay calm, stay neutral, stay alert but non confrontational and attempt to seek protection, assistance and support.
Standing up to and confronting a hungry alligator who has cornered you, isolated you and is semi camouflaged, who is physically much larger and stronger and is motivated by pure greed and primal energy, will not end well.
This alligator, AKA, may target certain victims at certain times.. but I think he is targeting things rather than people. He lacks empathy and any degree of emotional intelligence (IMO). He sees coins, money, shiny things and does what it takes to get his next feed. He is covetous and insatiable and this (IMO) is his weakness.
I think I would have handled the confrontation the exact same way JO did.. and she is alive today to tell the story.
All MOO.

I do believe there was another victim in 1994 we just need to find them.

He travelled to Europe for just 5 days from the 30/3/94 to 3/4/94 which is bizarre in itself but then the longer trip came on the 27/7/94 to 26/9/94.

Strangely his name was changed by Deed Poll from RLW to FdeH on the 23/9/94 when still in Europe. His passport however was still under the RLW name.

The FR ad appears in Dec 94. I assume this was moving onto the next victim for the European summer of 1995. He seems to like to have at least 1 a year.
Do we know where he travelled to?

Agree. Love is blind.

Re: MC - she's the only person he gets emotional about. Perhaps they did have an intense love affair (as far as he is able to love). Or, more likely, lust affair.... Did she describe her ex husband as a handsome international football player and it filled him with jealousy, hence appropriating his name?

The football connection to MB seems a clue in this case. He could have been hanging around at the Arts Centre (or wherever) looking for someone to target and got chatting to MB. She would have picked up on his accent and perhaps mentioned her previous marriage to JW & travelling with him to Europe which gave AHA an 'in'. He might have told her he was FNR on the spur of the moment as a point of connection..... "What a coincidence! I played professional football too.... until, poor me, I got injured.."

JMO
Interesting thought!

IIRC the podcast mentioned a message on the internet from a Michel wanting to reconnect with a FR who they met in Australia a few years ago. This also supports that he likely used the FR identity previously.

I personally think it was a sleuth who left that message, but equally likely it was someone he ripped off. But you would think that that person would have googled enough to know others were looking for him and would have reached out to Sally.

Also they used M. Fernard Remakel which matchs the ad, not sure you would use the M

Last edited:
I personally think it was a sleuth who left that message, but equally likely it was someone he ripped off. But you would think that that person would have googled enough to know others were looking for him and would have reached out to Sally.
1706328136422.png

I do believe there was another victim in 1994 we just need to find them.

He travelled to Europe for just 5 days from the 30/3/94 to 3/4/94 which is bizarre in itself but then the longer trip came on the 27/7/94 to 26/9/94.

Strangely his name was changed by Deed Poll from RLW to FdeH on the 23/9/94 when still in Europe. His passport however was still under the RLW name.

The FR ad appears in Dec 94. I assume this was moving onto the next victim for the European summer of 1995. He seems to like to have at least 1 a year.
Yes 1994 - very bizarre goings on with him that year

Using JAL for all flights and this RLW alias passport - so he is scamming for sure

Been to Amsterdam, Belgium and via Japan

This is the SAME year he meets ER him telling her his briefcase is "full of cash" and her mother was a sl*t and that he was on his way to Belgium so he would find out about what happened to her Gmothers estate, then comes back into Aust and tells her that the private agreement between the families was that her step father kept the estate in exchange for ER staying with MR

HE IS A CROOK OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!

View attachment 478055

I thought it was from this advert

And another sleuth here found the Michel Burnett in Tunbridge Wells and her mother was the same age as what Marion would be ?

And then I found the same name on the Northern Suburbs Athletic Club FB page and they live in Tasmania
and here:

I thought it was from this advert

And another sleuth here found the Michel Burnett in Tunbridge Wells and her mother was the same age as what Marion would be ?

And then I found the same name on the Northern Suburbs Athletic Club FB page and they live in Tasmania
and here:

ohhh interesting!! I will take another look, I didn't think to make that connection.

I just thought it was strange that it was only posted 5 years ago and then didn't make the connection with the case while looking for FR ?

Timeline of Victims we know of so far - Apologies if spelling of surnames are incorrect - there are certainly some patterns forming!!!!

*Stated on MBFB page: with all of the other ladies, he got them to withdraw the cash funds from their bank accounts themselves then hand over to him - He has scammed women in Amsterdam, Germany, Yugoslavia, Italy and France*

1960 / 1961 ? – Jeanine LeRoy - Born in Lille?? - married - 2 children ( possibly 3) - divorced - still alive - family knew him

1964? – Nicole Renaud born in Lille– married for weeks/ months - still married to her when he married IK - family knew him
* 1964 - Claims he left Tournai and went to work as a photographer in Brussels
* Note of car accident Jan 1965 causing injury to wife of WW in Brussels- is this the charge of involuntary injury on April 1965 he has on his documents? / 1974 - NR death in Lille - the same yr he gets out of prison in Lille

1969 - married – Ilona Kinczel - family knew him - Nicole R warns IK of him - her death Melbourne 1977
*death of her mother and her brother - 1977 - Belgium
*1977 - November - An extraordinary meeting held in Knokke-Heist General Hospital, Belgium Frederick DeHedervary resigned from the European Furniture Factory

1976 February - Diane Walker - victim? accomplice? - family knew him -
married Wayside Chapel Sydney - 1 x son born APRIL 1979 and 1 x daughter born Luxembourg April 1981

Late 1970's / early 80's - Monique Cornelius - affair -
she claims the affair ended when she overheard him talking in the phone booth at airport when she picked him up and realised he was married - DdeH and son fly back into Aust for 3 months January 1981 and back out again in time for MdeH birth in April 1981 - and Monique claims she was looking after 'a little boy that looked just like him" at one point and "Eric" was still writing to her in August 1981

1980's -

1990 - ?

1991- ?

1992 _?

1993 - ?

1994 - ? FR advert placed

1995 -?

1996 -?

1997 – Feb - Marion Barter = FAMILY DIDNT KNOW HIM - ONLY ONE SO FAR TO HAVE CHANGED THEIR NAME WITH A PASSPORT TO MATCH (using Initials of someone both he and Monique knew)

1998 - Ginette Gaffney Bowen - met AH through her Lonely Hearts Advert -he suggested they start a coin trading business together and for her to sell her Sydney house and he buy an apartment in Paris - blackmailed her with nude photos he took of her - ran a child care from her home - possible sightings of AH ?

1999 - Janet Oldenburgh - relative knew him - met him in 1996 through her ex-husband coin collecting in Ballina with their mutual friend Barry Cooper & reconnected 1999 when she was going through divorce - He gave her a job going through his emails and correspond with his coin clients, made her bid at auctions in place of him.

1999 - AH testifies he spend 1 night in Belgium with his brother

2000's -

* Date unknown - over 2 decades ago according to newspapers = After reacquainting with E.Reid, AH talks about a Melbourne woman that he had recently robbed & giving a fake mobile number

2000 - ?

2001- ?

2002 - “LINDA” -SINGLE – Sydney RSVP dating - French business man –named Bernard Dupont - it looked like a younger version of AKA – she didn't respond to it as thought it was a scam

2003 - ?

2004- ?

2005 - Rosemary Zillig - relative knew him

2006 – Ghislaine Dubois-Danlois - places Lonely Hearts advert in paper - relatives knew him

2007 - ?

2008- ?

2009 - ?

2010 - Andree Flamme - relative knew him

2011 -

2012 - CL – relative knew him

2013 - 2020's -

So far that is at least 1 a year on average

* "family knew him" - at least one member of the victims family knew of AH
Just updating this timeline

1994 - The P. H. De Gaye Advert is still on the table for me
1994 - 1995 ER first meets him after tracking him down - tells her he is a wealthy coin dealer

2004- ? - A DECADE LATER FROM FIRST MEETING = After reacquainting with E.R, AH talks about a Melbourne woman that he had recently robbed & giving a fake mobile number

I found a great little video by Documentary filmmaker Terry Bleakley, about what Byron Bay area was like 20 / 30 years ago

He interviews former Bangalow Chamber of Commerce president Tony Jones - who just so happened to own a Japanese Antique Business until he closed it in 1997

There is quite a fascinating article on a property where Tony had his business and other very interesting business people..... Banglaow, Federal, Byron Bay all such interesting places

I found a great little video by Documentary filmmaker Terry Bleakley, about what Byron Bay area was like 20 / 30 years ago

He interviews former Bangalow Chamber of Commerce president Tony Jones - who just so happened to own a Japanese Antique Business until he closed it in 1997

There is quite a fascinating article on a property where Tony had his business and other very interesting business people..... Banglaow, Federal, Byron Bay all such interesting places

The Japanese antique store was called Bizen "focusing on beautiful Japanese antiques and homewares". I wonder if it was frequented by AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glop722