Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Due to the positioning of the body, I can't rule out foul play at this stage," Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said.”

Yeah how do they know the position if they havnt located her yet?

Very strange wording isn’t it.
I know for my area (different state) the garbage trucks have cameras to see inside the bins as they are being emptied and also looking out to the curbside that they can look back at (side note to this, they can view this while on the phone to you when you call to say your bin wasn't collected that day, and your right they didn't stop and I can see your bin was out). So I do believe they would be able to view how her body was positioned inside the bin prior to it being emptied IMO

This SMH article says a few extra things (I think) ... (paraphrased)

When the police were asked if there had been any attempts to access Lesley's bank accounts, Massingham said he could not comment
Police are continuing to stop vehicles on Maryvale Street to ask them to please check their dashcam footage
The police think they will be ready by the end of the week to start the search at landfill, they are just waiting for engineers to finalise the narrowing down of the area to do a piece by piece search

There is a news video here from August 2020 that says Qld rubbish trucks had cameras installed to watch what was placed in the recycling bins ... because all kinds of things were placed in these bins, including car motors.

The first cameras were installed then, but they planned to roll the cameras out to all 8,000 trucks over the following 12 months.

It sounds from the articles posted, so far, that Lesley was placed in a general waste bin.

I think it is likely when they say that Lesley was "located" in a bin, it just is his way of nicely saying that Lesley was dumped/pushed/fell into a bin.

And "due to the positioning of the body" can be his way of nicely saying that because Lesley was in a bin she was considered to be deceased before being "located" there.

Her family is distraught enough, they are trying to use kind wording. imo

I still can't find if general waste trucks have cameras.

Last edited:

Update 4: Missing woman, Toowong​

myPolice on Apr 11, 2023 @ 5:02pm
The investigation is ongoing in relation to the suspicious death of 78-year-old Toowong woman, Lesley Trotter.
Extensive investigations by homicide detectives indicate Lesley Trotter’s body was inside a general waste ‘wheelie’ bin on the footpath of Maryvale Street, Toowong on the morning of Tuesday, March 28.
It is believed Lesley Trotter was already deceased at that time, however, her remains have not been located.
The bin was collected by a rubbish truck later that morning, during the weekly waste collection on Maryvale Street.
The truck was one of 23 trucks that attended Nudgee Waste Transfer Station, with the contents from each of these trucks sent to landfill sites at Rochedale and Swanbank.
These respective sites have been secured and a search will be conducted once further information is obtained to narrow the extensive search area.
Trucks will be prevented from further dumping in these sites to preserve the search area.
Forensic examinations of a number of items are continuing.
Detectives renew their appeal for anyone with relevant information, dashcam vision or CCTV, particularly between 5am and 7am on Tuesday, March 28, to come forward.

How very strange, and very sad. I hope they find her body soon, it must be agony for her family.

I hope they do, too. But it could be a long haul. It took US searchers 5 weeks to find Quinton Simon's body, and that was after they had worked out which part of the huge landfill to search.

The two landfill areas that the Police are going to be searching are enormous areas, but no doubt the trucks were directed to a specific area to unload.

Rochedale Landfill
1681197486050.jpeg

and Swanbank Landfill.....

1681197586508.jpeg

They believe she was found 2 weeks ago? What exactly does that mean? They found a body 2 weeks ago and didn’t know who it was? Or they believe someone else found her 2 weeks ago?
In the presser he said they have good evidence to believe that she was in the wheelie bin, (deceased) that was then collected by the garbage truck …

No they haven’t found her body yet …. They have 2 landfill sites to search …

They hope to start searching for her body by the end of the week .

They believe she was found 2 weeks ago? What exactly does that mean? They found a body 2 weeks ago and didn’t know who it was? Or they believe someone else found her 2 weeks ago?
I think imo it means once the blood was found and missing report made. The went back to the trucks records and know a body was taken away, but maybe couldn't confirm who it was until blood reports came back. Obviously all deductions I've made moo

The two landfill areas that the Police are going to be searching are enormous areas, but no doubt the trucks were directed to a specific area to unload.

Rochedale Landfill
View attachment 414017

and Swanbank Landfill.....

View attachment 414018
Thanks for images and it gives perspective…

They should know the actual location by mapping of where to search .… each truck load should have been recorded to a specific spot …

Rochedale has 5 semis of compressed garbage to search thru and Swandale has 1 semi of compressed garbage to search thru… and they also have excavate 1 of the sites as well ….

DI Massingham does not say that in his presser (linked by Slouth above).

9News using poor wording. imo
Converting "located" to "found". When I think all DI Massingham means by located is that Lesley was put in a general waste bin.

Thanks for images and it gives perspective…

They should know the actual location by mapping of where to search .… each truck load should have been recorded to a specific spot …

Rochedale has 5 semis of compressed garbage to search thru and Swandale has 1 semi of compressed garbage to search thru… and they also have excavate 1 of the sites as well ….

Just listening now, they may have to excavate at Rochedale but he doesn't believe they have to excavate at Swandale.

Just listening now, they may have to excavate at Rochedale but he doesn't believe they have to excavate at Swandale.
For everyone’s sake, especially her family, I hope that fate has it that Lesley is found at Swandale …..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields