Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope a few others will do as I did and submit Novy's case to Wanted. I just included a brief quote and link to an article, and noted that I thought Wanted may be able to help police account for the movements of her car and belongings.

It could be that the police know more than they are reporting to MSM, they might have evidence or theories about these things or have witness accounts that we don't know about, but it won't hurt to try anyway. This case might not be suitable due to circumstances we don't know about, things the police are working on, etc, but we can only try.

But, there could be someone out there who saw or heard something and they just don't realise it. Considering how little media coverage this case has had, even locals might not have taken much notice about the smaller details that could make the difference (i.e. car, items still unaccounted for).

Novy, we haven't forgotten you.

Thanks jamie233.

:tyou:

(Forgot to mention before, submissions can be anonymous and they send you a little email letting you know that they received it.)

:bump:

Six months have passed since Novy went missing.

No word, no updates, no Novy :(

No news at all since the unmentionable events, really...

Six months.

I still wonder how her children are getting along.

C'mon Qld Police ... a beautiful young mum has disappeared from an apparently broken marriage while her husband continued business as usual.

Is there nothing the public can do to help?

:waiting:

He is expected to face Southport Magistrates Court on Saturday.

Fairfax Media cannot reveal the nature of the charges for legal reasons.
Mr Chardon faced court in May on other, unrelated charges.

Police have raided Mr Chardon’s office and taken away computers for forensic examination, but he has not been named as a suspect.

Brisbane Times
By Melissa Calligeros
23rd August 3.05pm

Seems these charges are additional charges, not related to the charges he faced in May.

What a man (NOT).

Why would a Magistrates Court be be held on a Saturday?

Why would a Magistrates Court be be held on a Saturday?

Not exactly sure, but I have heard of cases being held on Saturdays, usually for more major type crimes, especially if the person has been arrested late in the week.

Please correct me anyone if you know more.

A Tweet from Indonesia.

kota-balikpapan.com (@info_balikpapan)
24/08/13 1:13 PM
#info Suami Perempuan Indonesia yang Hilang di Gold Coast Diadili Hari Ini: John Chardon, suami Novy Chardon, ...

And another tweet.

Berita Online ID (@BeritaNewsID)
24/08/13 10:56 AM
John Chardon, suami Novy Chardon, seorang perempuan Indonesia yang hilang sejak enam bulan lalu, akan diadili ...

From Google translate:

1. Indonesian Woman Lost Husband in Gold Coast Trial Today: John Chardon, Chardon Novy husband

2. John Chardon, Chardon Novy husband, an Indonesian woman who has been missing since six months ago, will stand trial

Sorry for the auto-butchered grammar.

I wish we had some Indonesian members in-thread. I'd love to know how this is being reported over there. Novy's disappearance seems to be a point of nothing but silence here... :(

So what has ole' JC been up to now? Whatever it is, good on the Qld Police for keeping the pressure on.

The way the article was written, I think he may have had to stay in jail on Friday night, and he has a right to be processed as quickly as possible so Magistrates Court on Saturday morning would be the go. His lawyer would probably insist on that.

Apparently, the watchhouse can grant bail and the accused can be processed in court later. But if the police refuse bail, the accused would have to request bail from a magistrate.

I guess that the police probably can't refuse bail just because they don't like someone, so maybe there is a category or two of crimes that require the magistrate to make any bail decisions?

"Arrest entails a person being taken (forcibly if necessary) by police to a watch-house and formally charged at that point. The person is usually fingerprinted and photographed. Bail (release from custody) may be granted by the watch-house keeper. If bail is refused at that stage, a person must stay in custody until brought before a magistrate at the earliest possible opportunity (often the same day). An application for bail may be made to the magistrate if the police have not granted bail.

http://www.aussielegal.com.au/informationoutline~nocache~1~SubTopicDetailsID~813.htm

http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/2013/08/24/john-chardon-faces-court/

JOHN CHARDON FACES COURT

The husband of missing Upper Coomera woman, Novy Chardon, has been granted bail after facing court at Southport this morning.

For legal reasons, the charges against John Chardon can’t be revealed, but they do not relate to his wife’s disappearance.

He’ll face court again in October.

A short video of JC leaving court - not a happy chappy.

Wow, so he spent the weekend in jail? Well I make that assumption based on the fact they're saying he's on bail.
So it's a serious offence, and they're not saying what...

The plot thickens and hopefully the web is weaving tighter around JC!!

Wow, so he spent the weekend in jail? Well I make that assumption based on the fact they're saying he's on bail.
So it's a serious offence, and they're not saying what...

The plot thickens and hopefully the web is weaving tighter around JC!!

I think he was only held in for one night - the article is dated Saturday and from memory he was arrested on Friday - pitty it wasn't longer :banghead:

His wife disappears, his electronics are confiscated, and then these unrelated charges start happening - the unmentionable one and the new mystery one.

Wonder what they are finding buried on his computer, and in old police complaint files?

His wife disappears, his electronics are confiscated, and then these unrelated charges start happening - the unmentionable one and the new mystery one.

Wonder what they are finding buried on his computer, and in old police complaint files?

Hopefully we'll find out when he reappears in October - they can't keep it a secret forever.

blerg, wrong thread. more coffee, stat! :B

But YES, can't wait to see those charges spoken of plainly in the media. Funny how they all came down at once, though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8