Australia Australia - Prabha Kumar, 41, Parramatta, NSW, 7 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case has really bothered me and the fact that the killer is still out there is very scary. Are the police still investigating the case?

I'm sure they are. There has been nothing in the media for about a week. It freaks me out too.

I've been a bit absent from WS lately but keep checking in to see if anyone's been apprehended yet.

Obviously not. :(

I have no doubt at all that the police are working hard to find Prabha's killer.

I've been a bit absent from WS lately but keep checking in to see if anyone's been apprehended yet.

Obviously not. :(

I have no doubt at all that the police are working hard to find Prabha's killer.

It's disturbing to me that there's not even a clue since March 8th and we are in mid April now. Generally if police has any credible leads the public would have known within days of the murder. Extremely sad and heart breaking that sometimes an innocent person could be killed like that and nothing can be done about it. Prabha comes to my head every single day.

I'm sure they are. There has been nothing in the media for about a week. It freaks me out too.

Yes the silence is deafening. The nameless, faceless nature of this crime is eerie.

It could have been a female who stabbed Prabha.

A 16-year-old girl stabbed in the neck outside a shopping centre in Melbourne's southeast can't remember anything of the attack.

Ms Hawkins' attacker is still on the run and police are searching for a woman they describe as being Caucasian, aged in her late teens, and with a solid build and dark hair.

She was also wearing a flannelette shirt.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/local/melbourne/2015/06/06/stabbed-vic-teen-didn-t-see-attacker.html

To me it appears it may have been a targeted attack, could somebody have been commissioned to do it? A hit man so to speak.

The things that make me ponder this scenario...

no items stolen

direct attack to the neck

throat cut

managing to get out he has stabbed me or words to that effect...this can only be hearsay from the husband...who else would know?

was living apart from husband who had the daughter in his care I believe

would be a regular known route she took

1st suspects are normally family either directly or indirectly...leading to the police making a statement as to whether the family members have been cleared or not...I have not heard any such statement

yes her double shift may have thrown her normal routine out of whack but that could have been known to the perpetrator in advance

the husband got a flight so quickly

the police don't seem to be making appeals to the public for information or giving warnings in lieu of this attack

I believe police may be working on it being an organised hit

any further thoughts?

Prabha Kumar's daughter writes emotional tribute to her murdered mother
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/prabha-ku...e-to-her-murdered-mother-20150618-ghrxb3.html

"Every day before school, Meghana Kumar picks a handful of flowers from outside her home in India and places them next to a photograph of her mother.
Recently she asked her father when "God will send her mum back"."

The poor girl. :(

"Detectives say their investigation is "detailed and intensive" and has included reviewing hours of CCTV footage and visiting local halfway houses and mental health centres.

However, it is understood the motive still remains a mystery.

The homicide squad has ruled out robbery, sexual assault and the attack being racially motivated."

Prabha Arun Kumar stabbing: Police release new footage in bid for information into killing

Police have released new CCTV footage in a bid for information into the murder of Prabha Arun Kumar, who was stabbed to death in Parramatta Park in Sydney's west in March.

Today, homicide detectives released new footage of a person walking through Parramatta Golf Course, towards Jubilee Lane, on the night of Ms Kumar's death.

Detective Acting Inspector Ritchie Sim said police were appealing to the public to help identify that person, who appears briefly in the top right corner of the 15-second clip.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-31/prabha-kumar-cctv-bid-to-catch-parramatta-park-killer/6661766

Thank you for that update Tootsie.

It's a pity the footage isn't clearer, all I can really make out is it's a person wearing a dark jumper and running.

Police seem to think along the same lines too at this stage. Hence, according to the news Australian Police will be visiting her family in India soon. Looks like that means all avenues except the probability of organised murder have been exhausted.

Looking at the nature of the crime, the motive seems to have been to 'end' Prabha's life somehow (aiming the throat). Or else items would have been stolen or she'd have been sexually assaulted or the place of injury would be the chest or stomach.

Also, the fact that no trace whatsoever of the attacker has been left suggests it was a carefully calculated murder leaving no chance of being identified/tracked. If it was a random attack there's a pretty good chance that some careless clue would have been accidentally left behind.

All of this suggests to me she was targeted. By who, not evident yet.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...tives-may-visit-india-to-meet-victims-family/

Although it's something. Because there was absolutely nothing before this. I hope this person comes forward. He/she may not be linked to the murder but might be able to help/assist police to solve this vicious eerie crime with whatever they might remember about that night.

Family of murdered Indian national Prabha Arun Kumar to travel to Sydney for memorial

WITH the help of NSW Police, Arun Kumar will make a trip back to Australia to visit the place where his wife Prabha was murdered in Parramatta Park.

Mr Kumar and his young daughter Meghana plan to travel to Australia in November* for the unveiling of a plaque in Mrs Kumar’s memory at the walkway where she was stabbed multiple times on the evening of Saturday, March 7.

A special memorial service is due to be held on Sunday, November 22, on what would have been the weekend of Mrs Kumar’s 42nd birthday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/fa...ney-for-memorial/story-e6freuy9-1227469731002

Police seem to think along the same lines too at this stage. Hence, according to the news Australian Police will be visiting her family in India soon. Looks like that means all avenues except the probability of organised murder have been exhausted.

Looking at the nature of the crime, the motive seems to have been to 'end' Prabha's life somehow (aiming the throat). Or else items would have been stolen or she'd have been sexually assaulted or the place of injury would be the chest or stomach.

Also, the fact that no trace whatsoever of the attacker has been left suggests it was a carefully calculated murder leaving no chance of being identified/tracked. If it was a random attack there's a pretty good chance that some careless clue would have been accidentally left behind.

All of this suggests to me she was targeted. By who, not evident yet.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...tives-may-visit-india-to-meet-victims-family/

Could there be an arrest soon?

Family of murdered Indian national Prabha Arun Kumar to travel to Sydney for memorial

WITH the help of NSW Police, Arun Kumar will make a trip back to Australia to visit the place where his wife Prabha was murdered in Parramatta Park.

A special memorial service is due to be held on Sunday, November 22, on what would have been the weekend of Mrs Kumar’s 42nd birthday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/fam...-1227469731002

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024
Back