Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know several people who use an older, solidly built 4wd in the bush. A lot of insurance companies wont pay up if you have an accident off road and they are often easier to repair when you are out in the middle of nowhere. Some of the older models are pretty trendy to own now too.

Wow. I wouldn't have picked he had that job. And I flew Jetstar in March & May of this year. Spooky to think he could of been our pilot!
IMO he may have trained pilots and ticked off when they “got their wings”. Possibly lost the plot when he normally told everyone else what to do and Russell stood up to him? IMO only.

My experience with pilots and in particular captains is that they are extremely good under pressure. This will be no push over for the police. I am thinking there is a lot more to come in relation to the key suspect. There has been far to many mysterious disappearances in the Victorian mountains for them all to be 'disappearances'. Lets just wait and see what unfolds. One question before I go. How many people go camping alone? Do you get my drift?

That doesn't explain why he is driving a more than twenty year old car. MOO
He is old enough to cash his super in.

Blokes are crazy about their 4x4s and some say the old vehicles don’t break down and they are the best.
A Nissan Parrol or a Toyota Patrol with 300,000 k on the clock is considered ‘just run in’

Maybe being a pilot he wasn’t used to being stood up to. He might be an arrogant prick.

And on those wages and he lives in Caroline Springs??? That seems a bit strange, most of them live out towards Macedon way. Caroline Springs is a big step down for a Check Pilot.

I’ve read this a few times. Many people I know who go bush driving or camping, have these sort of cars. I don’t think this would be his everyday driving car. It’s a 4WD sort of off road car, he is claimed to be a regular camper so that’s prob why. You don’t go driving a Mercedes into these areas.

He would be on around $300k, probably has other high end cars in the garage.

He's a Jetstar Captain! Whoever would have thought it would be someone like that.

He was tracked leaving his Caroline Springs home yesterday morning, travelling more than 230 kms to Licola, 100 kms from where the campers went missing. A POI emerged just over 2 weeks ago. Questioning will go long into the night and possibly into tomorrow morning.

It is hard for me to imagine in that huge valley that RH and CC went and plonked themselves right beside this guy and then had a fight about the site. Unless RH had set up a temporary site when he was there the week before and they arrived to find this guy had pulled it down and set up there instead? Ghost sites where people stake out a site with an empty tent and a couple of chairs but don't intend to stay there until days or weeks later are a big problem in a lot of free camp grounds in most states now. If this guy went out camping a lot in remote areas he probably has come across this before and just decided to pull their empty site down when he saw nobody was staying there, toss it and set up there. This might have been why RH wasn't too worried about getting there just before dark, he had already set up a site - but when they arrived it was pulled down and tossed?? Aren't pilots meant to be super cool and low in anger and reactivity?

If the campsite argument is true, I find it unusual RH didn’t mention this with his radio call. If it was me, I would definitely mention it - ‘You wouldn’t believe it but some bloke has taken my spot’ or something of that nature.

Last edited:
If the campsite argument is the reason, I find it unusual RH didn’t mention this with his radio call. If it was me, I definitely mention it. ‘You wouldn’t believe it but some bloke has taken my spot’ or something of that nature.
I am thinking that he stopped and made the call at a particular spot when they reached the valley then headed to the site, so hadn't seen that someone else was there until they drove into the site. He was reported to have told his friend he was having radio problems and then said he had to go because it was getting dark. MOO

If the campsite argument is true, I find it unusual RH didn’t mention this with his radio call. If it was me, I would definitely mention it - ‘You wouldn’t believe it but some bloke has taken my spot’ or something of that nature.

I believe that Russell made the radio call from Wonnangatta Station. Then they proceeded on to the campsite.

Russell's friend did mention that Russell told him that he'd had trouble with someone there before. I don't know how recent that was though. If it was during the camping trip Russell is said to have taken the week before, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321