Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a gander over at his Linkedin profile, bloke’s been on good coin for many long years. And a Check Captain for the last 14yrs, aren’t they above a regular Captain? If he hadn’t been able to pay off a nice place on a few acres in a good area by now, something’s weird. With Jobkeeper and being able to dip into Super, he still shouldn’t have had a problem.
I guess there hasn't really been much work the past couple of years for pilots though?

If the campsite argument is true, I find it unusual RH didn’t mention this with his radio call. If it was me, I would definitely mention it - ‘You wouldn’t believe it but some bloke has taken my spot’ or something of that nature.

Does anyone recall in the early stages that some bloke was causing a commotion at a campsite?

I believe that Russell made the radio call from Wonnangatta Station. Then they proceeded on to the campsite.

Russell's friend did mention that Russell told him that he'd had trouble with someone there before. I don't know how recent that was though. If it was during the camping trip Russell is said to have taken the week before, or not.

Could this Gregory guy listened into the ham radio conversations or even been involved in them?

It is hard for me to imagine in that huge valley that RH and CC went and plonked themselves right beside this guy and then had a fight about the site. Unless RH had set up a temporary site when he was there the week before and they arrived to find this guy had pulled it down and set up there instead? Ghost sites where people stake out a site with an empty tent and a couple of chairs but don't intend to stay there until days or weeks later are a big problem in a lot of free camp grounds in most states now. If this guy went out camping a lot in remote areas he probably has come across this before and just decided to pull their empty site down when he saw nobody was staying there, toss it and set up there. This might have been why RH wasn't too worried about getting there just before dark, he had already set up a site - but when they arrived it was pulled down and tossed?? Aren't pilots meant to be super cool and low in anger and reactivity?

To my understanding, pilots are trained to respond to particular incidents and circumstances to a degree that when problems arise in real world, they almost always know (like a well-rehearsed play script) the required actions and react accordingly.

This particular pilot may very well have the 'right stuff' when it comes to his career and training - However, take him outside of his usual parameters and put him in a situation that is unexpected / unanticipated, coupled with aggressive confrontation, possible issues in their life (plus a possible temper which is normally well-concealed), then perhaps anything is possible.

Disclaimer: I'm not a pilot, All M.O.O.

Edit : Comment edited for clarity

Last edited:
I keep thinking about the ghost camp concept.

Is that why their tent was burned?

A fight over (either the couple or the suspect) setting up a ghost camp. It escalates to murder. Their camp/belongings being destroyed is the final *advertiser censored** y**.

I always thought it was a pretty poor arson job for someone motivated to destroy evidence. What if it was just a show of disrespect?

Just speculating of course, we will find out more about motivation soon no doubt!

Woweeee what a past few weeks on Websleuths. Mind has been blown absolutely but the dreaded defence lawyers are always waiting and telling perps how to avoid being found guilty. Usually involves say nothing admit nothing the prosecution must prove everything beyond reasonable doubt..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader