Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Lisa is interred primarily under her maiden name, but with a reference to her married name. The date of her passing is 26 Oct 1999. The burial location is outside Victoria. I can't link because the names of family members are included, but the info is out there.

I suck at this. I've spent hours searching death notices, newspaper archives, coroners reports and I got nothing!

Well, I don't know if I really do think that - but I think that sometimes bereaved people can find a bit of comfort that way, and it may turn out that because RH and CC died, a SK has been caught and stopped. Does anyone out there agree with me?

Ah OK, I don't necessarily agree but I see you rational, and understand now

That's right. But, what is interesting is the police were saying they had one vehicle outstanding (implying a person or more as well) that they could not trace, and seemed to be suggesting, after the arrest, that it was Mr Lynn's vehicle.
Some press report say that the google streeview photos alerted police to the change in vehicle colour: Key difference in photos led cops to pilot. This is odd, because one would have thought the police would have checked the vehicle details at the time.
I'm sure this will all come out. It is going to make a cracker of a TV series, like about the investigation of the murder of Milly Dowler (Manhunt: The real-life story behind the ITV drama). That series brought out utter horror of these sorts of crimes and incidents. But also the humanity with which the police approach it.

The 'White Ute' which they repeatedly specified was the only car they hadn't identified and they kept bringing it up. Suddenly there was a one line comment in the news that the driver had come forward and been eliminated, shortly before they came out with the new Nissan Patrol information. Which they must have known all along was GL if they previously spoke to him.

IMO there was no white ute and that was a red herring for GL to think they were looking at someone else. Make him comfortable and hope he slips up, especially if they've had him under surveillance for as long as it seems.

The other thing I was wondering and trying to remember, the earlier talk about the vehicle doing the 30pt turn at the Myrtleford gate, am I correct in remembering the discussion saying if he had left by that gate he wouldn't have been pictured on the camera he was caught on, or any known camera for that matter?

If that is correct, It's pretty crazy this all came to pass because of a locked gate. Where would we be if it had been unlocked? I know a lot of 4WD will just break the chain on a gate to get into where they're not supposed to go so I wonder why GL didn't do that.

As for the sale of the trailer I'd be very surprised if he really sold it. More likely It got burnt and pushed into a dam, but how are they going to prove he didn't just sell it for cash to some random bloke?

Investigators set sights in a site in the alpine region
Crime Command assistant commissioner Bob Hill says the investigation into the deaths of Mr Hill and Ms Clay is far from over.
Investigators have now focused their attention on finding the remains of the pair.
Mr Hill said police had identified a crime scene in Victoria’s great alpine area this morning, where they will begin searching for Mr Hill and Ms Clay’s remains in coming days.

Australia news LIVE: Greg Lynn charged with murder of Russell Hill, Carol Clay; NSW COVID cases grow, AFP deployed to Solomon Islands, Victoria COVID cases grow, Peng Shuai sparks 2022 Winter Olympics reconsideration, William Tyrrell search continues

Australia news LIVE: Greg Lynn charged with murder of Russell Hill, Carol Clay; NSW COVID cases grow, AFP deployed to Solomon Islands, Victoria COVID cases grow, Peng Shuai sparks 2022 Winter Olympics reconsideration, William Tyrrell search continues

Police still seeking trailer as accused man to appear in court tomorrow

Police still want to locate a trailer in connection with their investigation.

Officers are now looking for a trailer that was towed by Mr Lynn at the time of Mr Hill and Ms Clay’s alleged murder, which remains unaccounted for.

They believe Mr Lynn sold the trailer on online buy and sell platform Gumtree shortly after.

The article says that the police think the trailer could have been sold between March and July 2020. (Almost right away, it seems, after Russell and Carol disappeared.)

They say it is a silver coloured trailer.

Chief Commissioner Paton says it is the most complex investigation that he has ever been briefed on.

Comm Paton also says that a 'reasonable time' to detain him is dependent on a few things, according to the Crimes Act:
complexity of the matter
need to revisit a crime scene
rest or medical treatment
legal practitioners to speak with person being detained

The squad log their time and actions, and the court decides if it is a reasonable time.

His wife (who they name) is a Jetstar flight attendant.

Do you know how many silver trailers I saw in Victoria today? 3! And I only did school run and one errand.

Last edited:
The 'White Ute' which they repeatedly specified was the only car they hadn't identified and they kept bringing it up. Suddenly there was a one line comment in the news that the driver had come forward and been eliminated, shortly before they came out with the new Nissan Patrol information. Which they must have known all along was GL if they previously spoke to him.

IMO there was no white ute and that was a red herring for GL to think they were looking at someone else. Make him comfortable and hope he slips up, especially if they've had him under surveillance for as long as it seems.

The other thing I was wondering and trying to remember, the earlier talk about the vehicle doing the 30pt turn at the Myrtleford gate, am I correct in remembering the discussion saying if he had left by that gate he wouldn't have been pictured on the camera he was caught on, or any known camera for that matter?

If that is correct, It's pretty crazy this all came to pass because of a locked gate. Where would we be if it had been unlocked? I know a lot of 4WD will just break the chain on a gate to get into where they're not supposed to go so I wonder why GL didn't do that.

As for the sale of the trailer I'd be very surprised if he really sold it. More likely It got burnt and pushed into a dam, but how are they going to prove he didn't just sell it for cash to some random bloke?

Trailers don’t have traceable vin numbers from rego to rego do they?

It was stated during the press conference that they believe the trailer was sold on gumtree between March and June iirc correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member