Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to work out what sort of event between three people, leaves two dead. Fight at the campground? Accidental damage to property? Did any of them have any weapons?
Sometimes it's a perfect storm, maybe, this guy has never had anyone challenge him before and RH did. CC's death was outright murder, imo.
I can't believe he kept the vehicle, doesn't make sense.

Does anyone have any insights as to how long these initial arrest interviews can go on in Australia / Victoria? Can they go throughout the day and night or would they be required to give him break and sleep?

Also wonder if he has lawyered up. His best bet would would be to not answer any questions. Hopefully he hasn’t lawyered up

Does anyone have any insights as to how long these initial arrest interviews can go on in Australia / Victoria? Can they go throughout the day and night or would they be required to give him break and sleep?

Also wonder if he has lawyered up. His best bet would would be to not answer any questions. Hopefully he hasn’t lawyered up

Pretty sure they wont be doing anything that could cause a lawyer (his) to say that a confession was coerced or bullied out of him. Plenty of breaks, cigs, and coffee given.

But I feel they will sit on him as hard as they can. He needs to know what he is up against - potential double murder charges - and if he reveals Russell and Carol's whereabouts 'the detectives might throw in a good word for him'. imo

This is great news for the families. We knew this was coming soon with the recent activity & it’s great to see it happening. I’m a little surprised with the guy, but you just never know with people do you. I’m sure he will lead them to the bodies once they crack him, he doesn’t strike me as a hardened criminal.
I’m interested to see what happened, what was so important it was worth killing two people over. I mean, killing one person in anger is bad enough, but two? That’s something else.

Not sure how long Vic police can hold someone after arrest, and before charges are laid. The NSW law society says 6 hours, then they can get an extension.

Vic sites which seem to be private lawyers don't seem to give a time, and one says if you think you've been there "too long" you can ask them to either charge you or let you go,

The covid stand down across the Travel industry was only ‘expected’ to be around a few months, when going back to say March 2020. It’s not like Pilots we’re all sacked on no pay, they all had JobKeeper, Annual leave to play with at the start. The worst for that industry was pretty much 2021.

Glad to hear there's been an arrest. Hopefully the families can get some answers now. I wonder if the man had any idea he was being watched by police. I hope not because otherwise there could possibly be an issue with evidence IMO if he is the perp. It's already been shocking right from the beginning so I'm sure as the case unravels or more details emerge it'll only be more. I know up in any high country regardless of where it is issues with communication come up. The ham radio Russell was using had static on it when he last spoke to his friend, There are methods to (apparently to create a bad signal) cause bad signals I wonder if its possible that happened in this case. That may allude to something sinister about to happen. IIRC Russell said that he was having difficulties with it. I find hat concerning because Russell would've known where reception was good or bad, afterall he'd been in the area many times. At the time Russell spoke to his friend through the static I wonder if he had any inclanation of what the reason could be for the static other than being in high country, he did it many times before without a concern. I imagine Russell was concerned but couldn't pinpoint it. All MOO.

20 March 2020 was the exact date that Australia's borders shut to all international inbound travel except for people getting into hotel quarantine. I believe domestic travel restrictions between states also went in effect.

I wonder if the sudden border closures impacted his job security at Jestar and he lashed out when something happened between him and Russell & Carol because he was already stressed and on edge.
Yes, you may well be right. What with sudden job insecurity, and maybe some other stressors that we don't know about yet, an argument with Russell may just have tipped him over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper