Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lawyers for a man accused of killing two campers and burning their bodies have labelled the prosecution’s case as “a shambles from start to finish”.

Well the defence's case was fantasy story from start to finish.

I expect this one to take some time. I'm guessing that there will be two camps in the jury room: those who flat out don't believe Lynn and those who don't know what to believe. How many are in each camp is the question.
I don't think there will be many in the latter category. If any at all.

The jury has heard from 49 witnesses. The prosecution called 48 of them. The defence called none other than Lynn himself and that already looks like it backfired.

I'm anticipating all 12 have already made up their minds and will be delivering a guilty verdict inside an hour.

The jury has heard from 49 witnesses. The prosecution called 48 of them. The defence called none other than Lynn himself and that already looks like it backfired.

I'm anticipating all 12 have already made up their minds and will be delivering a guilty verdict inside an hour.
I certainly hope so. It would be such a travesty of justice if GL gets away with it.

I certainly hope so. It would be such a travesty of justice if GL gets away with it.
I have just listened to D.D. speaking to jury. This morning he is much more composed.( no name calling etc.) He has made quite a lot about how jury must consider G.L. innocent before considering the evidence, and only find guilty if the evidence has shown reasonable doubt. ( paraphrasing )He has done this with each of the 20 "lowlights" , including the guy rope.

Desperation tactics (JMO) having the accused testify.

I'm interested to know how credible he seemed when testifying. I'm guessing that considerable effort would have
been put into this aspect by the defence (since they didn't have anything else...) physical presentation, eg clean-shaven, attire, his demeanour, the way addressed the court (ie he face the jury and the judge at relevant times), did he appear to be sincere?

Any particular nuances noticed when he mentioned (paraphrasing) that if he were found guilty, that would put his wife and stepson in a parlous financial position.

(In a nutshell, did he display the right "vibe"? (Apologies to "The Castle" screenwriter.)

I have had a look through posts, but haven't found anything very specific so far.

TIA if anyone can elaborate.

From the bits that were released about his behaviour in the witness box, he seemed quite a bit different to the man who gave the Police statement.

Reading between the lines of his police statement, my conclusion is that he thought of himself as the real victim.

From the bits that were released about his behaviour in the witness box, he seemed quite a bit different to the man who gave the Police statement.

Reading between the lines of his police statement, my conclusion is that he thought of himself as the real victim.
Interesting…. That in itself speaks volumes to me…. As does the appeal re the financial situation of his wife and son…. :rolleyes:

I would suggest that by his own account (if one assumes it is accurate), GL is actually the LUCKY one as he was the only member of three who survived two apparently “accidental” deaths during the course of two alleged struggles… that were fatal for the other two people involved… ?

On the subject of finances, I don’t think that is relevant to GLs guilt or innocence surely? So mention of that is for the purpose of ?guilt tripping? the jury??

I wonder what, exactly GL is doing currently to provide for his family given he appears to not be flying..? And who is paying his legal bills?

:rolleyes: :oops: JMO

Last edited:
He really does... I mean how unlucky he was to have this elderly couple there to ruin his happy career, relationship, family and memberships into exclusive GUN clubs and overall life by both accidentally dying!! I just feel sooo bad for him. :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know how credible he seemed when testifying. I'm guessing that considerable effort would have
been put into this aspect by the defence (since they didn't have anything else...) physical presentation, eg clean-shaven, attire, his demeanour, the way addressed the court (ie he face the jury and the judge at relevant times), did he appear to be sincere?

Any particular nuances noticed when he mentioned (paraphrasing) that if he were found guilty, that would put his wife and stepson in a parlous financial position.

(In a nutshell, did he display the right "vibe"? (Apologies to "The Castle" screenwriter.)

I have had a look through posts, but haven't found anything very specific so far.

He presented extremely well, cool, calm and collected….quite articulate and well dressed….he never looked at the Jury and perhaps the judge twice.

Interesting…. That in itself speaks volumes to me…. As does the appeal re the financial situation of his wife and son…. :rolleyes:

I would suggest that by his own account (if one assumes it is accurate), GL is actually the LUCKY one as he was the only member of three who survived two apparently “accidental” deaths during the course of two alleged struggles… that were fatal for the other two people involved… ?

On the subject of finances, I don’t think that is relevant to GLs guilt or innocence surely? So mention of that is for the purpose of ?guilt tripping? the jury??

I wonder what, exactly GL is doing currently to provide for his family given he appears to not be flying..? And who is paying his legal bills?

:rolleyes: :oops: JMO
Absolutely ProfCluezo! That he would even MENTION his family's financial situation should he be found guilty is just nauseating IMO.
(I don't think he did himself any favours there - IMO that wouldn't sit well with the jury. Definitely pressing the guilt trip button IMO).

The indescribable loss experienced by numerous other parties as a result of GL's alleged actions, compared to his family still having a mortgage to repay...

Yeah? NAH!!!!!

JMO

Regarding facing the jury. An old trick is to stand in the witness box with your feet pointing towards the jury. That way, no matter how much you might glance around the room, you always default back to facing the jury.

At court the other day he did say that it did not occur to him to go to LE (he just wanted to distance himself as much as possible).
Wow…. That’s quite a statement about his sense of morality (or lack thereof), and empathy (or lack thereof) for others….

Sounds to me like a clear statement of a life philosophy that revolves around “look after number one!” Vs “treat thy neighbours as thyself”…

:rolleyes: :oops:
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members